z

Young Writers Society

Nine=Trouble!!!! (Now recently titled Ten=Trouble!!!!)

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sat May 22, 2010 8:25 pm
TexanWriter says...

Name: Trixie

Kid number and age: Kid #2, 17 years old.

Personality: Most see her as quirky. She can talk for hours on end one day, and then not have a word to say the next. Sometimes she’s friendly and helpful, and sometimes she’s gluing a fake moustache to your face. She says it all depends on the weather, but anyone can tell you that sunshine doesn’t consistently mean happiness. Lives to make people stop and stare, and is very proud of being known as weird, but is still respectful. Most of the time.

Appearance: Her hair is long, straight, scraggly, with natural red dye that is washing out. She has green eyes, but wears a black colored contact on her right eye and a clear on her right. Dark plastic glasses. Five feet, five inches tall. Is big-boned, but has no desire to be a delicate girl. Wears Steampunk styled clothes all the time, no matter where she’s going, and her aviator hat and goggles every single day.

Likes: Steampunk. Dark chocolate, solder, hot glue, duct tape, bronze spray paint, building and creating mechanical things, Steampunk fashions, styles and books. Is all about the ‘broken in’ look, which to her, means a messy room with an unmade bed and homely items like books and tools stacked up on top of each other, all topped off with a musky odor.

Dislikes: Being bored, having nothing to tinker with, excessive cleanliness, being told to ‘act like a lady’, to ‘be a girl’ or to ‘act her age’.

Strengths: Building and fixing, from building a custom alarm clock to soldering on some metal to her glasses to fixing a sibling’s broken hairbrush.

Flaws: Is very anti-social. She’ll fix your watch, but she has trouble maintaining regular interests and friendships. Doesn’t have a boyfriend and has no real unrelated friends, unless you count her sea monkeys. Even though she’s the oldest living in the house she tries to avoid helping maintain her siblings, but doesn’t mind helping them with problems she’s good at. Not good at holding a two-way conversation; she either says everything or nothing.

How much attention do you receive?: She tries to keep a low profile to make things easier for her parents. Besides discussing how far she can go with her costumes and why there’s a new burn mark on her desk, she doesn’t really talk with them very much.

Other: Makes money doing yard work, and is crazy obsessed with Steampunk, in case you hadn’t already guessed. Carries a bag with her whenever she leaves the house containing her wallet, duct tape, a snack, a tool kit and a first aid/trauma kit.

Photos:

Trixie
Spoiler! :

Her bag.
Spoiler! :

Her pets: Ralph, Fred, Bob, George, Georgia, Mary, Mary Anne, Mary Sue, Mary Kate, Mary Lou, and their children in their home.
Spoiler! :

Is all of this okay? Let me know if I should change something. Thanks for letting me join.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat May 22, 2010 8:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*Okay, we can start now*

And I would appreciate it if you put who your character is on each post. I don't like having to look back every time just to see who your charcter is.

Destiny:

"Hey mom!" I yelled dropping my surfboard to the floor and unzipping my wetsuit. "You're never going to guess what I just did." I stepped out of the wetsuit and left it in front of the door. "Oh, never mind!" I called to no one. Mom was gone today and so was dad. I had forgotten that. When I entered the kitchen I spotted a tall guy with short brown hair, his back towards me.

I ran towards him and jumped on his back "Aiden!" I wrapped my arms and legs around him so he couldn't shake me off. He gave a chuckle "Hey Destiny." I kissed his cheek and said "Can you make me lunch?" He pulled at my arms but I held on tight "Can't you make it yourself?"

In a baby voice I said "No. I wan you ta do it Aiwen."
Live, Love, Laugh

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat May 22, 2010 10:41 pm
kidashka says...

~Aiden~

I rolled my eyes, giving in easily to my sisters whim. Somehow they all seemed to be able to wrap me around their little fingers whenever they wanted. "Alright then," I replied with a grin, "but better make it quick, I don't want this to turn into the feeding of the five thousand. I swear, Faith can smell food from a mile away."

Destiny laughed, jumping off my back with an air of satisfaction. I wrinkled my nose. "I'm all wet now, you horrible girl."
She grinned triumphantly, shaking her wet hair to soak me even more, and a water fight ensued as I retaliated with a splash of water from the tap. Her eyes widened, scandalised, and she immediately went to splash me back amidst laughs from the both of us.

We eventually stopped, both pretty soaking and in hysterics, lunch forgotten, as someone walked in. "What on earth-"
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun May 23, 2010 5:23 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Abiegail~

I walked in the front door. I heard laughter and the sound of splashing water coming from the kitchen. I walked in that direction. I peered around the corner. I saw Aiden and Destiny soaked in water. Another water fight, I thought to myself. I hadn't heard anybody walk in behind me, so when someone ask "What on Earth?" it shocked me, so I turned around quickly, my heart racing. It was mom. She was home early...really early. I sighed, trying to sneak away, but she caught me.

"Abiegail, get in here and help clean up!" she yelled when I got to the stairs. I sighed, my shoulders slumping forward. I walked back to the kitchen, glaring at my brother and sister. They were smiling, their hair and clothes soaking wet. Our mom left the room. They laughed, and I couldn't help but to laugh to. This was real family time.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun May 23, 2010 9:55 am
Rydia says...

Faith

It was a Saturday which meant I'd wanted to go out and after much persuading I'd struck a deal with Hope. We were heading down to the park for a picnic. I'd invited Eliza, of course, because it was my sisterly duty to make sure she wasn't left alone. And she was the best little sister ever. Hope had only agreed to come if I let her bring her stupid book with her and of course the dog was a taken. Even if I'd convinced Hope to leave Rooty behind, you try telling the dog that. Stay Rooty, no Rooty. He's about as obedient as a lamp post.

It wasn't a long walk and on the way I chattered with Eliza. We'd brought extra bread to feed the ducks and I joked that I was going to throw her into the pond. Of course, I was nibbling on a biscuit. Hope was walking quietly beside us. Sometimes I didn't know what to say to her. For all that we were twins, well. She was more like our big brother Glen, always reading and going off on her own.

"Here we are!" I announced gleefully, throwing my blanket down on the first patch of grass we came to. I deposited the picnic basket, by which time Hope was sitting on the blanket, and held my hands up in monster fashion. "I'm coming to get you, going to catch you, rawr!" Eliza giggled and started running and we weaved in and out of the trees and families for a bit before I caught her and picked her up. She was a tall twelve but I wasn't a bad height myself so it worked and being sporty meant I could very easily carry her over to the pond. Not that I'd actually throw her in. Aiden would kill me!

Speaking of which, my phone was ringing. Juggling Eliza, I managed to get it out of my pocket and handed it to my little sister who held it to my ear so that I could hold her with both arms. "Heeeeeeeey big brother. What's up?"

"Is Eliza with you?" Awwww, how cute. He was doing that worrying parent thing. That meant he was at our place. Boooo! Why hadn't he got there earlier? He could have come with us!

"I don't know, I can't see an Eliza..." I made a show of looking for my little sister which set her off giggling and because she was so close to the phone... yeah. That had worked huh? "We're having a teddy-bear's picnic! Come and join? And invite anyone else who's home!" I told him that teddy-bears were a must though they weren't really. Eliza had one but she was still growing out of that stage and Hope had her dog. He was dumb enough to be her teddy-bear and mine was-

"You're my teddy-bear okay?" I told Eliza.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 23, 2010 10:35 am
darkangel_05 says...

Glen

"All done!" I said, and examined the 100-word essay on Biology our teacher assigned for homework. Next, I get my Algebra book and started answering the fifteen problems. After what seemed forever, I finally finished all my homework, so I decided to go to the library to borrow a book.

I hurried downstairs to the living room and checked my watch. "I'll be back before lunch," I yelled to no one as I went outside. It was a sunny day, and the weather was fine. Finally, I arrived at the library and borrowed a book.

I went upstairs to my room as soon as I got home from the library. I ignored my siblings as they splash each other on the kitchen, because I had to read a book today. Saturdays for me means: I had to read a book. As soon as I have the privacy of my room, I threw myself on the bed and start reading the book I've borrowed.

I barely finished the introduction of the book when I heard Mom yelling at Abiegail. She came home early from work. I shook my head and continued reading the book but I found it boring, so I turned on the radio and listen to some music. I am listening to Darlin' by Between the trees when I accidentally fell asleep because of boredom.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

84 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 5:51 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Destiny:

"Glen! Wake up you big oaf!" I attempted shaking him awake "Glen, get your lazy butt out of bed. You need to stop being a troll and leave the house. We're going on a picnic." When he didn't budge I grabbed his shirt and pulled at him.

He slid to the florr, still some how asleep. I guess with eight siblings you can sleep through anything. I sat on his chest and slapped his cheeks lightly. "Glen." I whispered. I gave a frown. God, Glen can sleep through anything. I peeled his eyelids open then let them slap back down.

I looked aound his boring room and grabbed his headphones. Plugging them into the radeo I turned it all the way up. With a jump he threw me off of him and tore the headphones off "Destiny!" Standing up I dusted my hands off "Come on sleepy bunny, we're going on a picnic." As I walked down the hall I screamed "Everyone outside! We're going on a picnic!"

Marching to the kitchen I grabbed Aiden's hand "Come on big brotha." I kissed his hand and let it fall.

*Kidashka, what's Aiden's fiance's name?*
Live, Love, Laugh

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun May 23, 2010 6:48 pm
Sapi says...

Eliza

I did my best of acting humphy, as always trying to be like my teenage siblings. But Faith knows that I absolutely love getting picked up, even though Mum says it's babyish and I should realize I'm growing up.

Hope rolled her eyes at us, grinning. Faith put me down and I ran after Rooty, laughing as he ran after his red ball. I picked it up and tried to throw it, covered with slobber as it was. It went about five feet in front of me, and the dog looked at me expectantly, as if to add to the playful sniggers I'd already gotten from my sisters.

I turned and glared at the giggling twins, blushing red. Then I burst into laughter too.

"C'mon, Eliza," choked out Faith, still giggling, "Let's get some food!"
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun May 23, 2010 8:53 pm
kidashka says...

*Ermm.. How about... Rebecca?*

~Aiden~

I rolled my eyes as Destiny was followed downstairs by a throughly disgruntled Glen. "What did you do to him?" I asked in disbelief, and she laughed mischieviously.

"Nothing much. Just woke him up is all." She grinned again, and I shared a Brother Look with Glen.

"Should we take some food?" I asked, peering in the fridge for something edible. Huh. It was pretty much empty; apparently nine kids and two parents could eat alot... Well, admittedly I did nick alot of their food when I was here aswell. "...I guess we wonh't be taking any food then," I murmured, straightening up. "Anyhow, off we go!"

Woah. Turning around, about forty kids had materialised in the kitchen in the time it had taken me to suss out we had no food. Gah. Seriously, I could swear that everytime I came here Mum was either pregnant or in the process of adopting another kid. Okay. Time for a head count. A grand total of eight children stood in the kitchen, bustling around and generally getting ready to leave.

Hang on, there was no way I could be related to all of those...! I looked over everyone again. Hmm. A second look told me that about three were friends, or boyfriends, or whatever. I recognised Austin and narrowed my eyes.

"OKAY!!!" I shouted, and the noise dimmed considerably. "We're going to the park now. Please try not to get lost. Youngest, with me. Yes, that does mean you, Abigail. I know what you're like. Hold my hand now, come on."

I waved at Mum as we left, and she raised her eyebrows at me in a 'good luck' gesture. Time for the clan to invade the park.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

117 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 pm
Sapi says...

Eliza

My sisters and I were quietly sitting on the blue checked blanket, eating peanut butter and honey sandwiches, when the herd stampeded us, accidentally spilling the pink lemonade all over my lap.

"Hey!" I shouted, thoroughly annoyed, "Now we have nothing to drink!" That wasn't technically true, as we had all brought water bottles, but I cannot live without pink lemonade. Well, I guess that was the problem with having nine siblings.

"Oops," giggled Rebecca, holding hands with Aiden. I noticed the pink flip-flops she was wearing, the ones that had kicked the pitcher into my lap. I frowned at her, then shook my head. Still giggling in her annoying teenage voice, Rebecca whispered something into Aiden's ear. He frowned too, and I wondered what she had said.

"Stop it, Becky," he said to her in her pet name, "She's not a baby anymore."

I glared at the both of them, then silently stalked away to get a towel and clean myself up. I sighed. My new jeans were all wet and sticky now, and the pretty beading was already coming out.

I heard scolding from behind me. Probably Aiden telling his girlfriend to not say things like whatever she had said. Oh well, I thought, he'll make up to her. I really didn't mean to cause my big brother hurt feelings. I knew he was very protective of me. And I also knew Rebecca didn't mean any harm. She was a nice person. But sometimes...well, sometimes, teenagers-soon-to-be-adults were just a bit too much like teenagers-soon-to-be-adults for my liking.

84 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 9:41 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Destiny:

"Landon!" I squeeled. I had asked him to come but he said he couldn't. I quickly stood up and began running to him. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Giving his cheek a kiss I felt Aiden's eyes on Landon as he held me. "Aiden's watching you." I said quietly. With a nodd Landon said "More like glaring. I'm putting you down now."

I allowed him to place me back on the ground so Aiden didn't end up strangling him. Kissing him warm lips I said "I thought you couldn't come." With a brilliant smile Landon shrugged and said "I got out of it. Mom was making me clean the house. I tricked Larson into doing it."

Grabbing his hand I dragged him over to the rest of the family. I gave Rebecca I quick sisterly kiss on the cheek "Hi Rebecca."
Live, Love, Laugh

117 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm
Sapi says...

*um, I thought you said Destiny's boyfriend was Larson, not Landon! Where did he come from?*

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 pm
TexanWriter says...

Trixie

How did I end up here? I thought looking around. My mind went back a few minutes to try and piece it all together. I had heard running so I peeked out my room to see what it was, then the swarm caught me in its trap, and the next thing I knew I was being ushered down the street by said swarm. And no time to grab my bag, either, so I was now a toy-less fashion disaster.

There was instant screaming, laughing and happy sounds coming from all the people once we stopped. After the flock thinned I saw we were at the park, and that someone had set up a picnic blanket. Well, sitting with purpose had to look better than standing like I had lost something. I walked over and plunked down on a clean little corner of the blanket.

**Yes, this is scary short, and I apologize. I didn’t have any ideas.**
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

117 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 10:22 pm
Sapi says...

Eliza

"Hey Trix," I said as I spied my oldest sister sitting down quietly. I walked up to her, my pants still dripping. I had forgotten that I didn't bring any towels, paper or other.

"Hi, sis," she replied distantly, barely noticing me. She was kind of nerdy, but I had taken to her for some reason.

Sighing, I plopped myself down next to Trixie to look at the passing clouds. A dragon breathing fire...A baby crying...I even saw a gaping Pokemon face, which made me giggle.

"What is it?" Trixie asked. "Nothing," I replied. This was ever so pleasant.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon May 24, 2010 12:15 am
Chupatoasta says...

Lyric~

"He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Started making his way past two in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days
"

I closed my soft green eyes slowly, leaning on Austin as he strummed his guitar, singing softly. I glanced up at the clouds, seeing the white heart that floated across the sky. I nudged Austin, and while he was still singing, he looked up and smiling, singing the chorus to the song.

After a couple minutes of his amazing voice, Austin nudged me and I grinned, listening to the guitar strums before slowly building the music in my mind, and finally, letting it flow out in melody to Austin's, singing some back verses before her actual part jumped in.

"Washing you out of my hair and out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world,
From so many thousands of feet off the ground, I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, and towering over your head."

With a bright smile, Austin stood to his feet, pulling me up, and over close to him as he sang his last few verses into my ear without the guitar before softly kissing my temple. I smiled softly and turned around in his arms, which were latched securely around my waist, and was about to kiss him softly until I saw Aiden peeking around the oak tree in the distance, his eyes setting into a glare.

"Later," I giggled softly, taking his hand and running up to the picnic area with an innocent smile, Austin's fingers entwined with mine while he carried his guitar in the other hand.

**It's bad, I know:{ By the way, those lyrics aren't mine, they're from All Time Low's Remembering Sunday(: Amazing song by the way!**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic