z

Young Writers Society

A.P.O.S.F. (American Paranormal and Occult Special Forces)

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed May 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Lethero says...

A.P.O.S.F., or The American Paranormal and Occult Special Forces. Though the American government has not official accepted the existence of the supernatural, they still have the A.P.O.S.F. A.P.O.S.F. is a division of the warriors who utilize conventional weapons and mystical arts. This group is sent out to deal with things like demons, to supernatural cults, and other thing that can't be dealt with with conventional means. Each A.P.O.S.F. squad has eleven members, one commander, and two units: Team Alpha and Beta.

*****************************************************************************************

Briefing: The other day, the President of the United States of America was attacked by a demon. Thanks to the quick actions of A.P.O.S.F. member on his Secret Service, he was protected, and the demon was banished. Thanks to psychics and seers, we were able to track down the summoner of the of the demon to somewhere in a desert in New Mexico. There have been rumors of a supernatural cult out there, but they haven't been confirmed until now. You have are the best members of A.P.O.S.F. Go to the base and wipe out all members of the cult. Remember, you are not an official part of the American Armed Forces, if you are captured or killed, no one will come and get you. Good luck.

*****************************************************************************************

Rules:
1 ) No god-modding.
2 ) Faith magic is accepted, but no "God protects me from everything" bull crap.
3 ) If you use an elemental spirit, you must sacrifice a limb to it, and a containment field to hold it. When I say sacrificing, I don't mean cutting it off, but a limb that the spirit will reside on.
4 ) Vampirism and Lycanthropy are accepted supernatural abilities.
5 ) If you are a seer, you are only allowed to have glimpses of the future, small hints, and not the entire thing.
6 ) Two characters per person.
7 ) No necromancy, or any other dark magic, on the A.P.O.S.F. team.
8 ) 150 word posts (or about 1500 characters).
9 ) Your character doesn't have to be a member of A.P.O.S.F.
10 ) Demons are not accepted characters.

Character Template

Name:

Height

Conventional Weapons:

Supernatural Ability: (That can include everything from faith magic, telekinesis, blood magic, Lycanthropy, Vampirism, Healing Magic, Seer, or any other mystical abilities.)

Description:

History:

Name: Lethero

Height: 6'6"

Conventional Weapons: Machine-gun pistol and knife.

Supernatural Ability: Lycanthropy

Description: Black hair, pale skin, amber eyes, bite mark on left shoulder where he was bitten, incisors are slightly longer, wears a black jumpsuit special designed to shift with him. Knife is in a sheath on his arm, and gun in holster at hip. When in Lycan form, black fur, claws that can slice through human flesh like butter, can walk on two legs or run on all fours.

History: His entire family was killed when he was young, learned later that it was by a demon. Joined the Marine Corp at 18, quickly rose in rank till he was commander at the age of 24. Took a team to the Congo to take out a drug lord, but was bitten by a Lycan. His entire team was killed, and he became infected with Lycanthropy. Was later captured by A.P.O.S.F. after he killed an entire village. Was kept in containment for five years until, with the help of mages, they were able to give him the ability to control with infliction. Now able to shift form on will, he joined the fight with A.P.O.S.F. to battle supernatural forces.
Last edited by Lethero on Thu May 20, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

*saves spot for girl* Will post profile when I get home.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed May 19, 2010 10:50 pm
kidashka says...

Am I allowed to be a demon, or does that count as dark magic?
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed May 19, 2010 11:36 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Name: Carolyn Brillon

Height: 5 '4.5

Conventional Weapons: Revolver, knife, and her fists.

Supernatural Ability: Vampirism, but she's only half Vampire. If she gets an injury it won't heal. She doesn't die of blood loss, oddly enough. The only way to kill her completely is either if something pierces her heart, or she ends up exploded or something.

Description: Red hair that goes down to a little past her shoulders and green eyes. Her skin is pale, and she has a light dusting of freckles. She wears casual clothes most of the time. Jeans with a couple of rips, sneakers, and a black t-shirt is her usual garb. She has several scratches which bleed freely, and even more bruises that she seems to ignore most of the time. She's relatively thin.

History: Half-vampire. Her father was killed by the A.P.O.S.F, and her mother killed herself when Carolyn was six months old. She was brought into an orphanage, and when she was six she was thrown out because of her strange inability to heal, and the fact that she killed one of the other children. She grew up on the streets and joined A.P.O.S.F when she was only thirteen years old.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

169 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 12:36 am
Lethero says...

No, demons aren't allowed. I will add that to the rules.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Saphire Rose

Height: 5'11

Conventional Weapons: Knives, swords, bow and arrows, her fists, and staffs

Supernatural Ability: Can use magic

Description: Long black hair down past her waist dark blue eyes tan skin (natural)

History: She had a twin sister Luna who was murdered by Lycans and she wants revenge which is part of the reason she joined the A.P.O.S.F.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri May 21, 2010 3:00 am
Durriedog says...

Name: Mikayla Wrights

Height: 170cm

Conventional Weapons: a naginata, a katana

Supernatural Ability: Seer, Astural projections ;)

Description: stocky, curly brown hair she attempts to braid, brown eyes, sparrow tattoo on hand, gets cold easily and wears gloves

History: When her seer abilities were budding, her parents were going through a hard divorce. Once when her and her little sister were at her father's country home in western Queensland, Aus, she saw her first vision of her father strangling her sister. She stabbed him with the naginata on the wall. Her sister tried to stop her, and jumped in front of her father. Mikayla was devestated at what she'd done, and went into a blind beserker rage and killed her father. She has a jade ring on her finger from her sister. She stole all of her father's money and fled to America. It haunts her that the vision she saw was only a possiable future, adn she killed her family for not reason.
Last edited by Durriedog on Sat May 22, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Fri May 21, 2010 3:21 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Name: Miles Finch

Height: 6"3

Conventional Weapons: Pistol, Rifle

Supernatural Ability: Telekenisis

Description:
Appearance: A tall, good looking guy. His skin is a dark tan (like Taylor Lautner, I couldn't think of anyone else close enough to that color of skin) and he has blue eyes. His hair is black and short.
Personality: Miles has to be the most sarcastic person alive. He likes to be in the thick of things, and he's a great plan-maker. He's very defensive about his friends and one wrong move near him could get you a pistol to the head. He makes decisions very quickly. He is kind of a ladies-man, which gives him problems when he finds someone he actually likes for who they are who don't like him because of this.

History: He always had to be the 'prissy-boy pastors son' until the age of 15, when he ran away. He had a girlfriend named Shelly. Her house was haunted by a ghost she called Perfect, which eventually tortured her into being crazy and murdering herself and unsuccesfully trying to kill him.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Fri May 21, 2010 5:52 pm
Jenthura says...

Name: Corry Haydes

Height: 5' 2''

Conventional Weapons: A headband to amplify and focus brainwaves. Corry can still control his power without the band, but it requires far more energy.

Supernatural Ability: Telepathy, meaning Corry can reads minds and memories, transmit thoughts, remove consciousnesses (*kill* the consciousness by taking it out of the body).

Description: Corry is short, fair-skinned, blue-haired and red-eyed. Average build, but thinning out some, as he spends far too much time in his mind, and not enough time outside, getting exercise and eating like he should be. The strange hair and eye color are dyed, and are merely personal whims.

Spoiler! :
Headband is not visible in the picture.

History: Corry discovered his abilities after a car accident left him in a coma. In his state of subconsciousness, he entered the minds of others and healed his own body by guiding the hands of a surgeon. After his hospital stay, Corry discovered that so much could be healed with his powers, but so much could also be destroyed. He tends not to use it very much.
-ж-Ж-ж-

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri May 21, 2010 6:30 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Jasmine Hayes

Height: 5'7"

Conventional Weapons: Pistols, throwing knives.

Supernatural Ability: Lycanthropy

Description: Whilst not strictly part of the APOSF, she frequently acts as an informant for them, at a price of course. She can get information from the supernatural underground with more ease than members of the APOSF, however just because she will spy for them doesn't mean she holds any loyalty to them. NOT trustworthy, but she's often their only resort. She's basically always looking after her own skin.
Spoiler! :

History: Was part of a Lycan pack for a long time, however when it was caught up in the midst of a bloodfeud with another pack she fled. She discovered later that her pack had been slaughtered, and rather than feeling any remorse for her betrayal of the pack, she praised herself for the lucky escape. Now works within the supernatural underground and frequently works as an informant or mercenary for whoever will pay her (though most often APOSF).

Other: Up for love

Is that okay? Not quite part of the APOSF, but close enough to be a help in the plot...

EDIT: Damn link....
Last edited by kidashka on Sat May 22, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Fri May 21, 2010 10:27 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

*saving a spot for a guy*
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat May 22, 2010 12:25 am
Maybe says...

Name:
Johnathan "Jack" Grayson

Height
6'1.5"

Conventional Weapons:
Revolver, Pistol, Electric Shock Baton

Supernatural Ability:
Heightened/Sharpened Senses, meaning he can see over great distances and is incredibly sensitive to touch, tastes, sounds and smells. His reaction time is also faster than that of a normal human thanks to his ability, lending him an almost superhuman speed for short amounts of time (running speed is not affected, but sudden actions (punches, dodges, etc) are faster than the average human's).

Description - Appearance:
Jack has thick black hair, and it's never neat. His eyes are a stormy blue-grey and normally hidden behind a pair of dark sunglasses. He has a small amount of stubble on his chin, but never lets it get to the point of being a beard, goatee, or anything of the like. He is of average build and height and wears clothing with muted and/or darker colors that usually covers his arms and legs completely. He wears gloves as well, most of the time.

Description - Personality:
Jack sees his ability to be both a blessing and a curse. Because of his sensitivity, mainly touch and sound, life for him isn't easy. It's hard for him to sleep because of all the noise, and suddenly rain is as uncomfortable (and sometimes as painful) as hail. If he gets a papercut, he may as well have just had his finger sliced off. But he's a very proud person and usually hides his exhaustion and discomfort behind a mask of bravado. He has a witty sense of humor, and acts suave and self-assured. He's good at staying calm in tight situations and finds he can think clearer under pressure, but he's also easily distracted as a result of his ability.

History:
Jack grew up in a rich family environment, with his father CEO of a successful company that designed and manufactured private jets. He got his pilot's license when he was sixteen, and graduated from high school a year later. His parents sent him off to college on the East Coast so that one day he would be able to take over the company when his father died. Jack soon grew bored with school however, and dropped out before joining the Airforce. His ability manifested only five months prior to the start of this story, but it was enough time for A.P.O.S.F to have hunted him down and recruited him. He operates in the stealth and intelligence division mostly, but will occasionally lend a hand in missions and provide transport by piloting one of the planes.

(Hey, Lethero, let me know if I need to change anything. It's been a while since I've been active in storybooks.)
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Sat May 22, 2010 2:27 am
Lethero says...

*Sun, would you mind if your character would be a sniper? He could use his telekinesis to manipulate the path of the bullet to hit where he wants. And Durrie, as a Seer do you mind if your character could do Astral projections (casting your soul and mind outside the body to different areas), and a sort of medium?*

My 2nd character

Name: Nicarga

Height: 5' 0"

Conventional Weapons: Assault rifle with under-barrel shotgun and a small knife.

Supernatural Ability: Blood Magic (through the sacrifice of her own blood, she can produce magic. Uses knife to pierce skin.

Description: White hair, pale skin, green eyes. Maybe short in stature, but is strongly independent, and hates chauvinistic men. Where a black jumpsuit and boots. Multiple scars along the insides of her arms, on her hands, and legs.

History: Discovered her ability to produce blood magic at a young age when she accidentaly cut herself and where her blood fell it caught fire. Started experimenting, and when her parents discovered they sent her away to a school for people with emotional problems. She eventually ran away, and was eventually found by APOSF. Only needs a few drops of her own blood to produce magic.

*I will start this SB tomorrow, unless someone wants to between now and then.*

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 am
Jenthura says...

Good, let's start. I suggest we put up a DT for this SB.
-ж-Ж-ж-

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat May 22, 2010 4:11 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Name: Jason Scarr

Height: 5'6

Conventional Weapons: Pistol, rifle

Supernatural Ability: (That can include everything from faith magic, telekinesis, blood magic, Lycanthropy, Vampirism, Healing Magic, Seer, or any other mystical abilities.) Transmogrification

Description: Medium height, pale skin, black hair that covers his blue eyes. He's quiet, tough, focused, and driven. All he really cares about is getting in and out alive. He won't leave anyone behind, no matter how much he may not like them.

History: Unknown; he was recruited by the APOSF two years ago and has proven himself to be a valuable member of the team.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
— Pablo Picasso