z

Young Writers Society

Quite Unlike a Fairytale

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon May 24, 2010 4:28 pm
eldEr says...

Pocahontas

"Who are you?" The girl asked me. I stared at her for a momment. She looked like she was from England...Like John Smith.

"Pocahontas," I answered finally. I eyed her tiara. So she was royalty? "Who are you?" I asked as politely as I could, not bothering to remove my stare from her head.

"Aurora." She moved a hand to her tiara, giving me a curious look.

I smiled sweetly, finally averting my stare away from the tiny symbol of her status. "Nice to meet you Aurora." I had a sudden urge to go exploring as I finished my sentence. Not that there was much to actually explore, but it would be nice. Maybe there were others here as well. "I'm going exploring. I need to find Meeko and Flit before they get into too much trouble."

As if on cue, the little racoon came scampering to me, climbing up my leg and onto my shoulder. Flit was after him about something or other again. "Or not..." I laughed.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon May 24, 2010 10:17 pm
Elinor says...

Aurora

"Who are Meeko and Flit?" Aurora asked. She was stopped when she saw a raccoon and humming bird. "You like the animals. I love them too. Nature is a lovely thing, isn't it?"

Pocahontas simply nodded-she was too busy playing with her animal friends. Aurora sighed and sat down on the ground, humming a soft tune to herself. "Do you have any idea where we could be?"

"It seems as though this is the ruins of some shrine," Pocahontas remarked, "But I still need to find out what, and, if there are other people besides you and me that are still alive."

"Good," said Aurora, "Then you can help me find Phillip."

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Tue May 25, 2010 7:26 am
Yuriiko says...

Snow White:

"Hello?", Snow White's sweet voice echoed throughout the chilly atmosphere. She walked and searched for something or someone. No forest animals around her sight. She felt alone.

Tears rolled down her pink cheeks while a sweet sad tune flowed weakly from her mouth.
She stopped suddenly when she heard something and her eyes suspiciously on someone.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

PHILLIP

"Hello?" A voice called. The voice sounded soft and melodic but not quite like Aurora's. Phillip noticed it was a woman's voice, though.

"Aurora?" He called, still hoping as he headed for the voice.

But it wasn't Aurora. It was another woman with a kind, very pretty face. Her hair was black instead of his true love's shimmering gold. Her skin was pale with rosy patches on her cheeks and she looked lost and scared.

Phillip urged his horse up to her trying to look kind so as not to scare her. Maybe she could help him find Aurora.

"Hello," he greeted her with a small smile. He jumped off his horse and took his red hat off his head. "I'm Prince Phillip. Who might you be?"

Her eye's widened and swallowed hard, looking around nervously. "I'm Snow White."

Phillip nodded. Her name suited her. "It's very good to meet you. I am wondering though, if you've seen a woman with golden hair and a voice as beautiful and pure as she is. Her name is Aurora. Though she might go by Briar Rose. You look lost, yourself. I can help you find your way home if you need."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue May 25, 2010 4:14 pm
eldEr says...

Pocahontas

"Philip? Who's that?" I momentarly stopped playing with Meeko.

Aurora nodded. "My prince."

I placed Meeko on my shoulder carefully. "I see. I'll help you find him, then. It sounds important." In all honesty it did sound important. "Let's go."

She started calling his name, I just searched. Flit and Meeko were tussling on my shoulder, arguing over something or other. Meeko fell forwards and I just barely managed to catch him by the tail. "Stop it you two. Honestly, you're worse than children!" I scolded, placing Meeko carefully on the ground.

"Philip!"

I sighed. There didn't seem to be anybody here except for us. How had I ended up here?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu May 27, 2010 8:46 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Peter Pan

"So we'll go together?"

"That's seems like the best option, right now," said Peter lightly. "Where do you want to start?"

Tinkerbell was grumbling continuously on Peter's shoulder, but Peter ignored her. At some point she would warm up to Alice.

"We should probably start looking through this rubble. We may be able to find clues as to where we are."

"Okay, right." Peter touched down on the ground lightly. He walked toward the skeletal frame of what was once a building.

"So," said Peter casually as he walked into the building. "What are you from, if not from here? I'm from Neverland, myself."

"Neverland?"

"Second star to the right and straight on till morning. You can't miss it. It's a beautiful place, with Indians and pirates and mermaids. And the Lost Boys. I'm their leader."

"That's nice... I'm from - " Alice fell silent. Peter glanced over his shoulder.

"What is it?"

"Peter - " said Alice slowly, looking back at him. Peter saw that she was holding a small, metal thing in her hand. Peter zoomed over to her.

"What?"

"Peter," she repeated slowly, staring at the object in her hand. "It's you."

Peter's eyes widened. He took the figure from Alice's hand. Sure enough, a perfect image of himself was smiling back up at him. Peter swallowed, and looked toward the rubble pile Alice was leaning over. He scooped up another figure.

"And this looks like you," Peter said slowly, looking up at Alice. She met his gaze with wide eyes. Tinkerbell shifted uneasily on Peter's shoulder.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Alice

She stared at the metal image of herself in Peter's hand. She couldn't believe her eyes. What was this place? What were they getting themselves into?

"Peter, where are there metal copies of us?" she asked, knowing he wouldn't know either. It just felt good to be asking.

"I don't know," he said. He set the metal figure of Alice back on the ground. Alice did the same with the figure of Peter.

"Maybe we should get out of here," she suggested. "I don't have a very good feeling about this place."
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Fri May 28, 2010 12:39 am

Peter Pan

"Yeah, let's go..." said Peter quickly. Alice started walking toward the door frame. Peter stared back at his metal image. Tinkerbell rang out softly. Peter glanced at her uneasily, and then snatched up his figurine.

Alice stared in disbelief as Peter came out with his image in his hand.

"Why did you take that?" she demanded. Peter shrugged.

"It may give us some clues."

Peter ran his fingers over the surface of the metal. He flipped the object over. Tinkerbell rang out suddenly.

"What is it, Tink?" whispered Peter. Tinkerbell fluttered down to the surface of the metal object. She kneeled, looking closely at a series of raised bumps on the metal.

"It's writing!" Alice exclaimed.

Peter squinted at the writing. "It's my name!" he cried. "What's that next to my name? It looks like a 'c' with a circle around it..."

"And then the word 'Disney'..." muttered Alice. "What's a Disney?" she asked Peter.

"And what does the Disney have to do with me?" replied Peter, looking up.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Fri May 28, 2010 1:25 am
Yuriiko says...

Snow White:

"Oh thank you very much!" She clasped her hand and a grateful smile appeared on her fair face. At least someone was helpful enough to make her feel that she was in good hands.

"A beauty he is! Aurora must be so proud to have a man like him."

She thought to herself as she examined an attractive creature, sparkling with splendor and beauty. As the clouds rumbled loudly, she felt colder and scared. Black crows circling around the air as they made irritating sounds like ducks quacking. Strong leaves rustling, causing dead leaves to fly all over the place.

"Do you know this place?" She inquired him softly and then noticed him smiling with a shrug.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri May 28, 2010 3:07 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Hope this is okay Aqua. Belle is all alone and so is Jafar so...this should be fun...

Belle

She was beginning to feel very lost. And very afraid. Her eyes watered with the tears she was trying to hold in. She just wanted to be back in the warm castle with the beast. She missed him terribly and her strong spirit was growing tired.

"Hello!" she cried, looking around. "Is someone there?"

Then, just ahead, she spotted someone who looked to be in his mid thirties. He had very acute and pointed features. A very colorful bird fluttered around him. He didn't look friendly or nice at all, but he was still another living person. And Belle wasn't one to judge a book by it's cover.

"Excuse me," she said, giving him a weak smile. "I'm afraid I'm lost. I need to get back. Can you tell me where I'm at?"

PHILLIP

“No. I’m not even sure how I go here in the first place,” he told her regretfully. “So I’m not sure how much help I’ll be to you. Although, I won’t leave you here alone.”

Snow White looked around and then back to him, her dark eyes letting him know how grateful she really was that she wouldn’t be left here with no one to help her.

“Thank you very much,” she replied.

“So…where do you need to go?” he asked, kindly.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 pm
darkangel_05 says...

Ursula

I shook my head, rubbed my large eyes, and stood up on my tentacles. I am almost surprised to see a deserted wasteland, with debris and trash and broken glass everywhere. I sat down on a nearby rock and began to think.

"Where am I?"

I looked around once more to my surroundings. I can't see a single human or a mermaid(surely there is no water here)in sight, so I decided to explore my surroundings first. All I remembered is dreaming about planning my revenge on the stupid king of the sea, then I woke up and ended on this filthy place. "My hideout is better," I said aloud, my voice an echo to the wind.

I stopped and looked as I saw a tall woman with horns and a walking stick, a black bird on her shoulders. Who is she, I thought, my tentacles ready.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri May 28, 2010 3:37 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Alice

Everything was getting even stranger by the minute. Now there was this Disney, not to mention the strange symbol with the 'c'.

Alice ran back into the building and snatched up the figurine of her. She searched over it for the writing, finding it in the same place as Peter's name was. She went back outside to show Peter.

"It's on my figure too," she said, holding it up for Peter to see. "What could it mean?"

"I don't know," Peter said. "Maybe we shouldn't hang around here for too long, though."

"Yeah," Alice agreed. She started walking down the deserted rubble-covered street with Peter floating behind her and Tinkerbell talking up a storm in her little annoyed fairy words.
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Fri May 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Peter

Tinkerbell was zooming around in circles around Peter's head, buzzing frantically.

I don't like this, Peter. We should go home. Let's fly tonight. I'm sure this place has stars. Let's go now. Please, Peter, I want to go home. The Boys will be worrying. Hook will be doing something nasty. Let's go, Peter. I want to go home. Let's get out of here!

"Tink!" snapped Peter. She fell silent, hovering near Peter's face. Peter looked at her closely. "I need to figure out what this all means. Whatever this Disney is, I don't like the sound of it. I'm not going to just run away."

But, Peter - !

"Stop it, Tink. That's an order."

Tinkerbell glared at him, then zoomed away. Peter watched her for a moment, then floated over to Alice's side.

"So," he said casually. "You never did tell me much about yourself."

Alice looked around his shoulder. "Tinkerbell left?" she asked. Peter shrugged.

"She'll be back. She is just having a temper tantrum right now."

Sure enough, when Peter glanced over Alice's shoulder, he could see Tink following them from a reluctant distance. Peter ignored her.

"So about yourself..." repeated Peter. "Where are you from?"

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:49 pm
Sionarama says...

what about Hercules?? Id like to be Meg!
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 pm
Rydia says...

This storybook is in the archives due to inactivity. Please return to the storybooks section to join some current ones. If you'd like to take a shot at reviving this one, feel free to get in touch with myself or one of the other Lit. Misc. moderators.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria