z

Young Writers Society

Pokébook

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun May 16, 2010 12:35 am
Bloo says...

Yeah, before you start reading, one thing. This is already closed. Why? Because, the last one died because too many people came in, and its hard to make an SB like this, with a lot of people. I asked some people I thought would be interested, and they know who they are. And that's it. Sorry if you wanted in.

Rules-
The normal YWS ones and the normal SB ones.
Minimum 400 word count.
Free reign, other than that.

Plot- Quite simple, we're a group of trainers from any Jhoto, Kanto, Sinnoh or Hoenn., and its time to start our journey through Jhoto. Weather you choose to be a breeder, a trainer, or a coordinator, or just like Pokemon and a good ol' journey, you’re traveling through the towns.

This SB will be ruled by a post system. You start off with two Pokemon, at their first form. Each post you get earns you a point, and the points can be spent to evolve your Pokemon or catch a new one. You can hoard your points, but you can’t wait till you have 20 points, and then get four Pokemon at once. Catches and evolutions need to be at least 2 posts apart.

5 posts to catch a new Pokemon. (7 if not in first form.)
5 to evolve a three form Pokemon, 7 to evolve a two form one. Trade evolution Pokemon do not require trading to evolve, their items will act as stones, which you can find anywhere.

Profile- Use http://serebii.net/ for reference.

Name-
Age- (Should be 12-14(just starting, after all.))
Gender-
Role- (Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator, or Traveler.)

Personality-

Appearance-

History-

Equipment-

Skills-

Weaknesses-

Pokemon Team- (start with a max of two, first form Pokemon, not limited to starters.)

Pokedex Number| Pokemon| Nick Name.
Attacks- (Must be able to learn in the game.)
Last edited by Bloo on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

39 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 12:36 am
Bloo says...

Name- Kent Warner
Age- 14
Gender- Male
Role- Trainer

Personality- Kent has a big ego; he thinks he’s going to be the best trainer, solely because his dad got him special Pokemon. His temper is the opposite though, really short, and flammable. When he isn’t about to battle, or thinking of battling, he is an okay guy though. It’s just the idea of a challenge that fires him up.

Appearance- He has medium length, black hair that literally puffs up when he is worked up/stressed out. Has bright, fiery-hazel eyes, and is 5’ 7”, with long legs. Always has on a navy jacket, and a white and blue hat, the form fit kind (I can’t think of the word.)

History- He grew up in a town away from Blackthorn City, called Dragon’s Field. The town was/is used to home young dragon type Pokemon, before going to be trained at the Dragon’s Den. His dad was the care taker for the place. Before he left, his dad got him a Gible, and a Swinub, which do not get along well.

Equipment- Basic Mountain climbing Gear, a hard, flexible, plastic head guard (for defense again Gible), Berry Pots, with Sitrus, Aspear, Lum, and assorted Poffin berries. Dowsing Machine and a Good Rod.

Skills- He is an expert at making Pokemon food, Poffins, and Pokeblock. He knows ways to calm almost any Pokemon down, from a Cleffa to a Snorlax, having learned from his dad. He works best with Speedy Pokemon.

Weaknesses- Can not make human food. Short tempered, and has a short attention span, easily giving up on things, and takes effort to get him to pick it up again. Is terrible with larger Pokemon. Most of his team hates him, or is lazy.

Pokemon Team-

443| Gible| Fang
Attacks-
Dragon Rage
Dragon claw
Dig
Crunch
Dragon breath

220|Swinub| Snout
Attacks-
Ice Shard
Endure
Mud Shot
Take Down
Mist.

446| Munclax| Lax
Roll Out
Lick
Body Slam
Stockpile
Rest
Snore
Last edited by Bloo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun May 16, 2010 12:55 am
Octave says...

Name - Samuelle Park

Age - 13

Gender - Female

Role- Trainer

Personality- Sam is a tomboyish person who always pushes the limits. She'll never back down from a dare. She's an optimistic person, and though she's quick to pick fights she's quite loyal to her friends. She is very ambitious as she feels the need to show her brother that being a good trainer doesn't mean leaving behind your family and friends. She constantly needs to prove herself even though there's no true need to do so. She's a helpful person all around, always doing what she can to pull her own weight.

Appearance - She's kind of in that awkward growing up stage, so she's all lanky. Not tall, mind you. She's of average height. Short black hair...blah. See picture below.

She likes wearing shorts and shirts with sneakers. She lugs a backpack around. It carries everything she owns, except of course for the bicycle.

Spoiler! :

History - Sam lived a relatively normal life, except for her brother being a renowned trainer. She misses him as he's never home and he hardly ever pays attention to her or her mother. Her father is a travelling pokemon professor. She feels pressured to live up to her brother, who's stayed away from home ever since her mother disapproved of his girlfriend. (On a side note, Sam despises her brother's girlfriend.)

Her Charmander is a gift from her brother's girlfriend, as a sort of bribe. She continues to insist it comes from her brother, though, and refuses to admit that maybe her brother's girlfriend is a nice person after all. Her Bagon is the first pokemon she caught on her own, and she adores it as much as she adores Charmander.

Equipment - Bicycle, Pokedex, Berry Pots

Skills - She's a happy camper, so she knows basic stuff like tying knots, foraging for food and building a campsite. She can climb trees and run distances.

Weaknesses - Sucks at fishing, often picks fights she can't win and never says no to a dare, no matter how dangerous. Often gets into trouble but is too stubborn and optimistic to accept help. Is terrified of weedles but will never admit it. She can't swim either, but she's not about to admit it, even if she's drowning.

Pokemon Team -

371 l Bagonl Kite

Attacks - Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, Zen Headbutt, Crunch, Strength

004l Charmanderl Blaze (Shiny)

Attacks - Flamethrower, Focus Punch, Slash, Dig, Iron Tail

393 l Piplupl (none)

Attacks - Bubblebeam, Peck, Brine, Pound

EDIT: If anyone needs to know, she comes from Mahogany Town.
Last edited by Octave on Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun May 16, 2010 2:09 am
Lumi says...

Name- Tyler Cohen

Age- 14

Gender- Male

Role- Water-Type Trainer

Personality- In elementary school, Tyler was always the one with a huge pile of cards on his desk on Valentine's Day. His personality is magnetic and strong, and he's kind and caring, but daring and brave. He's not afraid to 'go there' and likes to feel important, even if his role in a situation isn't key. Tyler doesn't really have a bad side, and it's led to others walking over him in the past, only to be brought down a notch by his friends. His most personal acquaintances know him best by his obsessive need to be clean and precise in his appearance.

Appearance- Tyler was born with a natural condition in which his hair grew into an aquatic blue with age. He wears a black and aqua-blue headband at all times. All of his outfits are coordinated around the headband, bringing him into a fashion pattern including only black and blue clothes. He wears black bands on his wrists and ankles.

History- Tyler was born in Cianwood City and raised there until his parents grew worried that the currents near the Whirl Islands would begin interfering with their little piece of paradise. They moved to Olivine City when Tyler turned 7. He stayed with his parents until he turned 10 and his mother fell ill with a raging fever. Not wanting Tyler to see his mother die, his father sent him off to Ecruteak City to stay with his older cousin Morty, along with a Pokemon his father had caught back in the Whirl Islands.

It took a lot of coaxing, but Morty finally let Tyler out on his own Pokemon adventure with both a new Pokemon and a vow: that he would return to Ecruteak and challenge Morty to the greatest battle of his life. Tyler set out, determined to become the greatest trainer he could ever be.

Equipment- On his belt, he keeps his Pokegear (phone, radio, map) and a set of six pokeballs, two of which have been filled. It was Morty's suggestion to do so, advising that, "If you truly belong with a Pokemon, then your team will fill itself. It's something magical." He always keeps a good supply of berries on him, but is heavily reliant on Pokecenters to keep his human needs in-check. He has ignition fluid for lighting campfires and a flashlight for dark caves, but little else.

Skills- Tyler is good at thinking on his feet and keeping a level head, no matter what the circumstance. He has the curiosity of a panther and the superstition of a teenage witch. He's physically fit, so a hike or a trek through a cave is no big deal to him.

Weaknesses- Given his superstition, he is deathly afraid of the supernatural, with only one exception: his ghostly pal Ghastly. Morty had fun playing ghost-pranks on Tyler while they lived together, and it made him that much more effected by the spooky and eerie things that go bump in the night. Given that, he rarely travels at night, even in a safe environment.

Pokemon Team-

#093 | Haunter | Casper
-Hypnosis
-Night Shade
-Nightmare
-Dream Eater
-Mirror Force (Learned on Route 34)
-Flash (Learned on Route 34)

#342 | Crawdaunt | Gumbo
-Water Pulse
-Vicegrip
-Faint Attack
-Crabhammer
-Rain Dance
-Surf (Not used in-battle; learned when he evolved into Crawdaunt)

POKEMON EGG
Last edited by Lumi on Sat May 29, 2010 4:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Name- Max Daniels
Age- 14
Gender-Male
Role- Trainer

Personality-He is a calm laid back individual. His main goal is to have fun on his adventure he doesn't worry too much about badges or contests. He has often been called lazy but that's not true he simply doesn't wish to get involved in things that he deems to be a waste of time. He believes that time is the most valuable thing a person has in life and he doesn't want to waste his. Because of this he is very punctual about arriving places and catalogs how long it will take to do something.

Appearance- He is 5'3 and has black hair, and dark brown eyes. He wears a simple white t-shirt with a black vest and black pants.

History-He and his sister grew up on a farm that took care of milktank and used them to produce milk which they sold. His dad was a trainer for a time before getting injured while exploring. He came back and the family had to help him do everything. His dad passed away from his injuries and the mother began to hate the job of training.He grew bored with the farm life and left with his sister to be a trainer. Their mother told them to never come back. He parted ways with his sister so she could be a Coordinator

Equipment-Lots of milk, running shoes, bike, pokeballs, pokegear, old fishing rod that was his fathers, pots and pans for cooking. Journal to keep track of time and dates.

Skills- He is a excellent cook even when living off the land. He knows hundreds of recipes most of them including milk.

Weaknesses-His lack of ambition other then just having fun makes him a bit lazy and passive.

Pokemon

#241- Milktank|MilkDud
-Milk drink,
-Body slam,
-Stomp,
-Defense curl

#200- Misdreavus|LadyDeath
-Confuse ray,
-Psybeam,
-Double team,
-Hypnosis

#140-Kabuto
-Mud Shot
-Aqua jet
-Harden
-Scratch
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

39 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 8:35 pm
Bloo says...

Kent Warner| 7:00pm-Wednesday | Chery Groove City.

Kent hunched over the Puffin maker, dumping in an assortment of berries. Fang, his Gible, tugged at his leg, demanding a Poffin right then. Kent sowed him away, stirring the mix carefully, watching for it to toast over. "And....perfection." Kent poured the mix out, ready to chop it up for Fang to eat up, hoping he would be able to sneak some away for Snout. Before he could though, it just...was gone. He looked down, at an eager Fang, almost crying for the food.

"Cor-Corpfish-fish-fish!" Kent turned quickly, to see a Corpfish, surprising,stuffing his face, with the Poffin's he had just made.

"Hey! Whose Corpfish is this!" Kent screamed, holding the animal up. It squirmed in discomfort, trying to snap at Kent. "I said, WHOSE CORPFISH IS THIS?!?!"

"Um, Its mine," someone finally answered, looking down. He was an average guy, except for the waterfall he called hair. It was pure blue....like blue, blue. "Gumbo, say sorry." The Corpfish, Gumbo, looked away. "Gumbo!"

"Cor...corp-fish..." the Pokemon said...looking away. Kent let go of it, and went into his bag. "Great, those were my last Poffin Berries. Nurse Joy, do you have any berries, I got the cash for it."

"Sorry, we're all out. There's a contest tomorrow,so," she disappeared into the backroom.

"Dammit," Kent said, under his breath. "Sorry Fang, looks like you go with out a Poffin tonight." The Gible frowned , and glared at the Corpfish, who was looking away.

"Sorry about Gumbo, he tends too...be a selfish, no pun intended," the trainer said.

"No problem," Kent answered, trying his hardest not to explode. "Fang over here was getting a bit chubby anyway. But you really should learn to control your Pokemon, they reflect the trainer. And right now you look really stupid."

"Is there anything I can do? To make it up to you?" he asked, through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, what's your name?" "Tyler." "Yeah, Tyler, I got an idea. How about a battle? My Gible versus your Corpfish. If you aren't chicken."

"You're on!" Tyler almost yelled. Gumbo raised his pincer in acceptance, as well.

"Alright! Get ready to lose, blue Boy," Kent mocked. "Gible, you ready? Eh, don't bother, I know you are!" Fang hopped into the air, munching the air in excitement.

"Hey, you, want to ref?" A boy sitting at a table looked up and nodded, returning his Miltank before following them outside.

"Wait, you got anymore Pokemon?" Kent asked before they started.

"Yeah, a Gastly, why?" Tyler asked.

"I say we make this a double battle then," Kent demanded. Tyler nodded. "Snout, Come on out!" "Casper, I choose you!"

"This will be a one round, double battle. No substitutions allowed. First one to lose both Pokemon loses. Let the battle begin!"

"Gible, Crunch! Swinub, Ice Shard!"

The miniature Pokemon sprinted towards their enemies, ready to attack. Gastly darted into the air, barely avoiding the barrage. "Gumbo, Vicegrip!" the lobster lunged at Fang, grabbing his fin, and chucking him into the air. "Gible, use Dragon-rage to hit Gastly!" An fiery spray erupted from Fang's mouth, hitting Gastly head on. "Toxic, Casper!! Water Pulse Gumbo!" A ball of sludge fell straight to the ground, swept up by a wave of water. The two attacks fused together, forming a poison wave. "Snout, Endure! Gible, use Dragon Rage to make a break!" Swinub formed into a ball, making a small force field around itself, ready for anything. Fang didn't listen though, and dug under the wave, hoping to avoid it. "Fang, you idiot!" The wave crashed down on Snout, and flowed right into the hole Fang had made. "Dammit Fa-" Before Kent finished, Fang popped up behind Corpfish, and slashed at him.

Corpfish tried to dodge, but Fang grabbed at him, throwing him into the toxic well. "Corpfish is unable to battle!" the ref announced. Tyler sighed, returning Gumbo to his ball.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 16, 2010 9:03 pm
Lumi says...

Tyler Cohen | 7:20 PM | Wednesday | Cherrygrove City

I sighed and held out Corpfish's Pokeball, engulfing him in red light before turning my eyes back on Ghastly and the others. Kent grinned, pointing at Casper. "Fang, Crunch that Ghastly! Snout, Mud Shot!" The Swinub rolled around in the mud, spinning rapidly to fire up a stream of mud from the dirt-based field. His Gible jumped onto the stream of mud and bared his fangs just as Ghastly phased out of the way.

"Casper, use Hypnosis on Swinub!" Ghastly turned to the Swinub, his eyes glowing a faint red. The swinub teetered to one side and then the next before smoothly falling to the ground, asleep. I watched as Gible started running on his short legs back towards Ghastly, who speedily phased towards Swinub, ready for my next instinctive command. "Dream Eate--..."

"Gible, dragon breath!"

Ghastly opened his huge fanged mouth and gulped down an image of Swinub, opening his wide eyes as the Dragonbreath attack sent both Ghastly and Swinub reeling.

Ghastly phased in and out, in and out, trying to extinguish the green flames that were mixed with his own aura, and Swinub stopped snoring.

"Swinub is unable to battle!"

I had to be careful; not cocky. One more dragonbreath like that last one, and Ghastly was out of the picture. Kent withdrew Swinub and grinned up at the battlefield, watching Gible and

The little dragon and my ghost-ball were staring each other down, ready to make the next strike. "Casper, let's pull a Houdini..."

Ghastly opened his fangy mouth and enveloped himself, growing twice, thrice, four times his normal size. "Night Shade!"

"Dragon Rage!"

Ghastly's gargantuan mouth let out a miry black haze and Gible blasted out another round of green fire.

The two breaths collided and met in the middle. But Casper got cute and started spooking Gible with his ominous, amplified ghost-voice. "Ghaaaaaaaastlyyyyyyyyy!!!!"

Gible hobbled and hiccuped in his dragonbreath, falling once overcome by the Night Shade. His eyes spun and he covered his tiny dragon eyes with his arms, but shook off the terror.

Kent grinned at me and nodded. And instinctively, I nodded back.

"Fang, Dig!"

And obediently, the tiny dragon dug a deep hole, vanishing from the field.

"Ghastly, use Toxic in Gible's hole!"

Ghastly phased over the small entrance, dropping a purple, sizzling loogie into the hole. The potent acid slid down and Ghastly's huge eyes widened as a green fire came shooting out of the hole back at him. He let out a gasp that sounded like a vampire in the sunlight and phased away from the hole, and away from the dragonbreath. Opening his mouth, he revealed a hole burned in the back of his globular body.

At first he seemed fine, but then the damage really got to him. Like a deflated balloon, he fell to the ground, exhausted.

"Ghastly is unable to battle!"

"W-Wait!"

Kent and the other trainer looked up, both raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"Check inside the hole..."

The three of us leaned over the deep hole and Kent called out for his little dragon.

No reply.

"Awh, shit."

"Then... Gible is unable to battle."

"So..."

"It's a tie."

I grinned. Kent started swearing under his breath, but calmed down after a moment or two.

Calming himself down, he reached out a hand. "Great battle."

I slowly nodded, shaking his hand. He couldn't take his eyes off my hair. "Is it really that weird?"

"It's one of the five weirdest things I've seen in my life."

"Funny, I was going to say the same about your battling."
-Shinji Moon

121 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 10:22 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Max Daniels | 7:23 PM | Wednesday | Cherrygrove City

I walked at a leisurely pace as my misdreavus hovered by my side. She refused to go into the pokeyball unlike my Milktank that saw it as comfort. I could be riding my bike or running but walking was much more useful. It gave me time to take in my surrounding. There was no point in breezing through life without taking in the sites from time to time. Out of the corner of my I saw LadyDeath give a devilish smile. I frowned and saw what she was looking at.

She was looking at two trainers shaking hands, presumably after fighting a battle. “Don’t you even think about it Lady,” I said.

She didn’t listen and she vanished. I sighed as I could guess what she was about to do.

The next thing I know the blue haired trainers hair is yanked upwards and he let out a cry of pain. Then the other trainer hat was taken off his head and tossed to the side. The two trainers started to swat at nothing as LadyDeath played with them.

“Leave them alone Lady they have done nothing to you,” I said when I reached the spot where the trainers stood.

LadyDeath appeared and made a giggling sound before floating back to my side. I frowned at her.

“She’s probably hungry, she likes to eat fear,” I said. A fact that got very annoying. Whenever she got hungry she would disappear and go scare someone. I often wished she could as easily placate as MilkDud was. I could plop her down on a patch of grass and she’d be happy.

One of the trainers picked his hat off the ground and dusted it off. “Why can’t trainers these days control their Pokémon,” he said curtly.

I gave a slight shrug. “What can I say, she’s a free spirit. Get it free spirit.”

Neither of them smiled.

“Never mind,” I said. “I should go anyway.”

“Wait that’s a Misdreavus right,” the blue haired one asked. I noted that while the hated one seemed angry from the encounter this one seemed more freaked out. I looked over at LadyDeath and her red beads did seem to be glowing more which meant she had sucked in some fear.

“Yes, she’s harmless really. Excuse me for being rude. My name is Max Daniels.” I reached out to shake both of their hands.

“Tyler Cohen,” the blue haired one said.

“Kent Warner,” the angry one said.

I decided that mentally those would be my nicknames for them. The blue haired one and the angry one,”

I liked putting titles to things.

“Well nice to meet you both,” I said.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 16, 2010 11:00 pm
Lumi says...

Tyler Cohen | Cherrygrove PkmnCntr | Wednesday | 7:30 PM

He reached out his hand and Kent absently shook it. I waited, still staring at the Misdreavous. It's okay; it's a Pokemon. It won't hurt you. It's a Pokemon.

Misdreavous' eyes turned a crimson red and giggled as her beads illuminated once more.

I looked back down at Max and feigned a smile, shaking his hand just as absently as Kent had. But wait...

"You're traveling at night?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Max nodded and pointed a thumb over his shoulder to the north.

"I want to get to Violet City before sunrise. It'll be my first gym challenge!" He beamed happily and Misdreavous, who I presumed was Lady Death, floated around his head, reflecting his emotion.

"Ah... I already have Falkner's badge."

Kent and Max both looked at me in disbelief.

"What? Do I really seem that weak?"

"Well," Kent began, but I cut him off by showing him the badge, nestled into the black case on my belt. He examined it and frowned. "Well, Falkner is a pushover anyway."

I shrugged. No use arguing with the truth.

I looked up at the moon and frowned, listening to the tiny chime that came with Misdreavous' glowing beads. "Let's... Let's head inside and rest. We could all go to Violet City in the morning, right? When it's not so..."

"Scary?" Kurt smirked, putting his backpack back on over his shoulders. "I don't see any reason we couldn't go now."

I looked over to Max, who just grinned in reply to Kent. Then it was decided.

It won't be that bad... You're with others, after all.

"Alright, then. Just let Casper and Gumbo rest a bit."

Kent nodded again, a bit sorry that he had to agree with me. "Yeah, Fang and Snout need a rest, too."

So we all spent an hour
in the Pokemon center,
swapping stories and just
talking while Nurse Joy
tended to our Pokemon.

I had some Poffin berries
in my pack, so Kent wasn't mad
over the ones Gumbo had eaten.
We talked about our battle the most.

"The way I see it, the less your opponent can figure out about what you're going to do, the better," I said, taking the final bite of an apple.

"I dunno... It just seems a bit dishonest." Kent was knelt over his mixer again, making another Poffin for his Pokemon. "I mean, yelling out your attacks in broad hearing distance of your opponent makes for a nice fight, right?"

I laughed at his phrasing and Max ended up laughing, too. Kent looked up, a bit agitated, and stared at my hair again. "So... I'm dying to know."

Max finished his sentence. "What's with your hair?"

I grinned, taking off my headband to let the waterfall of hair fall down below my ears. "I was born with it."

They both lifted eyebrows in response. "I dunno... The doctors never said anything about it, but I like it, really." Across from our table was a mirror. I stared into it and fixed my hair back into it's backwards swoop with my headband as the anchor.

"But it always reminds people of the ocean, so they automatically think I'm a solely-water trainer." I took a sip of my water and grinned. "Not that I've made a full decision yet." Nurse joy came to our table with a tray of six Pokeballs. For some reason, it was easy to tell which were mine-- the middle two.

I tossed the golf ball-sized orbs in my hand a couple of times before placing them back on my belt. "Corpfish was my first Pokemon, but I instantly fell in love with the Ghastly that Morty gave me for my fourteenth birthday."

They both stared at me, wide-eyed and surprised. Kent was the first to speak. "Did you say Morty? As in the gym leader?"

I nodded, standing to take my trash away. "He's my cousin..."

Max chuckled and tapped on one of his Pokeballs, releasing Misdreavous into the air behind me. I turned around from the trashcan and nearly died of fear. Misdreavous flew around, giving off small laughing noises before nestling in a steady hover around Max's head.

"Morty's cousin... Afraid of ghosts..." Max burst into laughter and I looked away, smiling.

"Yeah, funny..."

The two stood and tossed their trash before walking towards the door. I finished gathering my supplies and an extra water from the counter for Corpfish later.

...and we were off!
-Shinji Moon

39 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 12:01 am
Bloo says...

Kent Warner| Cherrygrove City| Wednesday 8:10pm (ends at about 6 am)

"So, why are you in Cherrygove, Tyler? I mean, the next gym is the opposite way," kent asked.

"Well, I wanted to explore a bit. Violet City is right next to Ecruteak, so it felt...sort of un-journey like," Tyler responded.

"Ah...well then," Kent trailed off, he had been hoping to laugh at something. "Max, we both need to challenge this dude, so who is gonna go first?"

"Well, I wa-" Max started.

"I say whoever gets there first does. I'll be waiting out there all night, I want the badge," Kent announced, cockily. "Plus, you might need his Pokemon weakened, I mean, no offence, but, Ladydeath, seems pretty weak. You're other Pokemon better be strong."

"Yeah, sure..." Max dragged on. We walked in silence for a little longer, it was starting to get pretty dark. "Where is a fire type when you need it, right?"

"Lady," Max said simply, the Misdreavous's beads began to glow, until she turned into a full flash light.

"Nifty trick," Kent said, begrudgingly. "This place sure is quiet, you would think there would be a HootHoot or a Rata-whatever around."

"Probably our Pokemon," Tyler answered. "Misdreavous tend to scar away weak Pokemon."

"As well as Tyler's," Kent mocked. Max chuckled. "Fang, Snout, come on out! You two need to exercise." Fang frowned, tugging at Kent's leg. "If you walk with us, you get a Poffin at the Pokemon Center," Kent bribed.

Another Hour passed, in mostly silence. It was a long trip to Violet City, and there was no indication of it being any closer. "So, where are you from, Max?" Tyler asked, trying to break the eerie silence.

"I grew up on the Moo-Moo Milk farm," Max answered.

"Moo-Moo Milk?" Kent asked. "never heard of it."

'Do you live under a rock?" Tyler asked. "Everyone knows about Moo-Moo Milk."

"Not under a rock, more like an enclosed field. My dad raises and trains Dragon type Pokemon, we live in the mountains near Blackthorn," Kent answered. "Not easy to get out much, and not too much variety in food either.

'Ah, so that explains the Gible. I've never heard of them being in Jhoto," Max said.

"Mhmm, I hatched Fang myself, I got to pick one Egg out, and which ever Pokemon I got, I could keep. I was actually hoping for a Magikarp," I said.

"Why would you want a Magikarp? They're the weakest Pokemon," Tyler said, giveing me a weird look.

"Well, my dad raises them, and he taught me a trick to evolving them, early. So, I would have a Gyrados right now. Which, ya know, kicks ass," Kent announced,with a huge grin. "As soon as I find one, I'm gonna catch it."

"I'd rather have a Gible. Personally," Tyler said. "Not many gyms can even allow a Gyrados to fight, need a huge tank."

"Whatever, I like them," Kent said. "Plus, Gible have this nasty Habit, they tend to jump and bite onto your head. The only way to get this one not to do it, is Poffins. Oh, and they eat anything they see, he ate his first five Pokeballs. I finally taught him they're NOT berries." Kent kept Rambling about Dragon type, and dragon like, Pokemon for some time. From Charzard, to Flygon, to the legendaries.

He was the only one speaking for at least half an hour, and somehow made it without drinking a sip. While the other two breathed silent prayers to get to Violet city, quickly. The sun slowly crept up on them, as if teasing them to hurry up. Violet city was no visible, but it was still a few miles away.

"I know this is a bad time to say it, but I think we should take a rest. I mean the Gym doesn't even Open till eleven. And we might find some trainers in a bit. The early risers, with the tough Pokemon," Kent proposed, he was gasping for air, and his legs were feeling numb. Max and Tyler nodded, and the three of them all collapsed on the grass.

"

202 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 12:46 am
Octave says...

Samuelle Park - Thursday 7:01 AM, Route 31

A loud and deafening crack startled Sam awake, almost causing her to fall off the tree branch she was sleeping on. She sat up straight, clinging to the tree branch with both arms.

"HOLY! What the hell was that?!" cried a voice from below her tree.

It was then that Sam realized what happened. She quickly counted her pokemon. Her black Charmander Blaze was clinging to the tree as if it was dear life, and...Kite was missing. Crap. Not again.

"Baaaaaaaaaagon." And the little nutter sounded happy about jumping off the tree headfirst too.

Sam maneuvered herself off the tree branch, helping Blaze down while she was at it. Three trainers were huddled together in a frightened circle, angrily scolding each other and looking around with frightened looks on their faces.

"Why does your Misdreavus like making fun of me?" said a blue-haired kid. He looked vaguely familiar, but Sam couldn't be sure she knew him.

"Lady didn't do anything! Maybe it was your Ghastly."

"Shut up, guys! I think I heard the tree rustling."

"I-It's probably just a wild pokemon."

Without a sound Sam picked up Kite, holding her Bagon at arm's length. But Kite was extremely heavy, so she put him down after a while and knelt in front of him, frowning.

"Why do you like jumping off trees early in the morning?"

Kite seemed to grin. Behind him was a smashed boulder. Show-off. Sam sighed and adjusted her backpack, but then she heard whimpering and remembered the three guys behind the bushes.

Blaze was already poking around the bushes, his tail precariously close to one of the shrubs. Sam supposed she shouldn't just leave them cowering in fear for the next God-knew-how-many hours.

"Um...guys? D-do you see that ghostly light there, in the dark part behind the bushes?"

Sam almost burst out laughing. She gestured for her pokemon to follow her and signaled for them to wait for her signal.

She held up one finger, then two, then three.

The trainer and her two pokemon jumped out of the bush, screaming. The boys shrieked like little girls and huddled even closer until one of them, the blue-haired kid again, blinked and recovered.

"Oh. Hey."

Sam laughed so hard she was afraid she would pee herself. Dear God. The looks on their faces were priceless. She almost wished she'd snapped a picture of it. Kite and Blaze seemed just as gleeful as their owner.

"You guys...thought we were ghosts, didn't you?" Sam could barely breathe, but her laughter was slowly dying out and she could talk.

"No, we didn't," snapped another one of the three.

"Yes, you did. Kite woke you up when he jumped off the tree and cracked that boulder." Sam chuckled one last time. These guys were definitely amusing.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Mon May 17, 2010 1:09 am
captain.classy says...

Name- Kisa

Age- 14

Gender-Female

Role- Trainer/traveler

Personality- She's very shy, and doesn't really trust people easily. Since her mother was a traveler, she always listened to her wise words. Her mother always told her not to lend trust unless they've earned it. So she holds that advise on her heart with her life.

Appearance- She's tall for her age, around 5' 6". She has long brown hair, and her giant blue eyes that she inherited from her mother.

History- She was always traveling with her mother, until one day they were chased by a giant flying Pokemon. They didn't see it and didn't know it's name, but they ran anyways. That wasn't the first time the beast had attacked them. Her and her mother were split up. Kisa wandered around all day and night to find her, but eventually ended up stumbling upon some trainers instead. She has yet to find her mother.
Her two pokemon, Vulpix and Ponyta are her only friends. Both were given to her by her mother when she was young. Her mother was very old and very defenseless, so Kisa was trained at a young age to treat her pokemon with respect, and they will protect you beyond all costs.

Equipment- She has two pokeballs, filled with her friends who protect her at any time. She has a few berries, but everything she owned is sitting back at her camp, at the last place she saw her mother.

Skills- Her pokemon are mature and strong. They've never evolved, and Kisa doesn't want them to. Her strongest skill is giving her pokemon love, and cherishing them for being her entire life.
She has specialties with fire pokemon.

Weaknesses- If her pokemon get hurt, she is hurt. They are her biggest weakness. She doesn't like water. At all.

Pokemon Team-

#077| Ponyta| Poni
Attacks- Tackle, Ember, Stomp, Growl

#o37| Vulpix| Pixie
Attacks- Ember, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Fire Spin

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Mon May 17, 2010 1:21 am
captain.classy says...

Kisa - Thursday 7:30 AM, Route 31

I tilted the leaf of a bush and studied the trainers. They were all very odd, much different than people I used to know. They were all very clean and proper. They stood up straight from years of relaxation instead of hunching, like my mother, from years of work and hiking. I could see numerous pokeballs strapped around their belts. It made me happy to think that mine were wiser than any of theirs. Their Pokemon were probably new and still growing. So were mine, of course, but mine had seen things that those would never.

I stood up and hid behind a tree, looking on at a different angle. They were short and young looking. But since I had never seen myself, I probably looked like that, too. I looked down at my torn shorts and shoes and sighed. I would look petty to them; useless.

I ran away and ducked behind a mountain of ferns so that they had no way of seeing me. I released my babies.

"Pixi, Poni, come out. It's safe."

Pixi came out first, releasing her beautiful red locks, and Poni followed, large and on fire. They were both fire, of course, but Poni reeked of it. From her mane to her tail was red flames, light leaking from them. I didn't need a flashlight, I already had fire. They would scare of any predator from just a mere glance. "Here," I said handing them some berries. I loved how their tales shook when I tossed them food. Now where to find some of my own?

My babies were back on my belt as I spied once more at the group. In the tree above me I could see some sort of monkey Pokemon - I didn't know the names, it wasn't my job, at least before, to know. I took a berry from my pocket and whistled at the monkey. The group stirred, but went back to cooking their breakfast.

The monkey stared at me, then at the berry that I had tossed towards the group. He jumped off the tree and, the group screamed. I took my chance and grabbed a handful of food, and ran away as fast as I could.

121 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 2:31 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Max Daniels| - Thursday 7:01 AM| Route 31

I wasn’t usually one to be scared but what could I say Tyler fear seemed to be rubbing off on me. And Lady licked up our fear like a dehydrated dog.

"You guys...thought we were ghosts, didn't you?” The girl said.

"No, we didn't," snapped Kent.

"Yes, you did. Kite woke you up when he jumped off the tree and cracked that boulder." The girl said and started to laugh.

I could tell Kent didn’t like being laughed at but I didn’t mind and simply sat back down against a tree. I released my Milktank so she could graze. Lady swooped down and the two Pokémon began to play. Lady would swoop around MilkDuds head and MilkDud would swat at her with her stubby arms.

“I’m Sam. Who are you guys,” she asked.

“Max,” I said from my spot.

“Kent,” the angry one said.

“Tyler,” the blue haired one said.

“Where are you headed,” she asked.

“Violet City,” Kent said.

“What a coincidence I’m headed there too. Mind if I tag along.”

“If you prove yourself in a fight,” Kent said.

“Ok,” she said.

Kent looked like he was about to call out one of his Pokémon but Tyler interrupted.
“We already had our fun, why don’t we let Max do it,” Tyler said.

I had my eyes closed during this conversation and opened my eyes warily.I looked up at the three trainers then at my playing Pokémon. “Are you guys up to it?” LadyDeath made a laughing noise and swooped to my side.

MilkDud looked annoyed and simply bit into a patch of grass.

I got on my feet and Kent and Tyler backed up so there was a patch of land between me and Sam.

“Lady let’s put all that fear you ate to good use,” I said.

She smiled and hovered in front of me.

“Then I’ll use Kite,” she said.

Her Bagon stepped forward

“So Pokémon battle,” I said.

She nodded.

“Begin,” Kent yelled.

“Dragon Pulse,” she screamed.

Her Bagon created a sphere of energy and fired it directly at Lady.

“Lady use Psybeam to deflect the attack,” I said. Lady listen and blasted the energy ball with a beam of psychic energy. “Now use confuse Ray,” Lady used Confuse ray but Sam told her Bagon to dodge and it did so expertly.

“Lady become evasive by using Double Team,” Multiple copies of Lady came out of the original and they swooped towards Bagon. “Now use Hypnosis.”
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Mon May 17, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Death~

202 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 3:46 am
Octave says...

Samuelle Park - Thursday 7:09 AM, Route 31

Hypnosis? Crap. Kite's eyes started to droop, but then he shook it off. Sam sighed in relief. Thank God Kite slept well last night.

"Kite, use crunch!" Kite snapped at one of the numerous Misdreavus in the air, but it wasn't the right one. However, Kite didn't give up and just went on biting each and everyone until there was one last left.

Still, Max was too quick for them. "Confuse ray!"

This time Kite failed to avoid the ball of light heading his way.

At first the Bagon merely blinked and looked around, stumbling back and forth with a drunken look on his face.

"Lady, use psybeam!"

Kite got hit and slammed to the floor before getting up weakly and starting to run around again. Finally, he slammed headfirst into a tree. It wouldn't be a problem, if Bagons didn't have such hard heads. A deafening crack echoed through the quiet field.

At first the tree groaned, then teetered, and finally started to fall down. Sam's eyes bugged out. "KITE, RUN!" She had half a mind to go and sweep her Bagon out of harm's way herself, but she knew she'd never make it in time.

Kite saw the tree coming down and snapped back to attention, running away from it just in time to avoid getting squashed. Kite glanced at his trainer again, appearing to give a silent cheer for his trainer. Sam clenched her fist.

"Let's do this again, Kite. Crunch!"

Kite lunged at Misdreavus, missed a few times as the ghost flew up and down, left and right. Finally Kite grazed the Misdreavus. The ghost was taken aback. Kite barely gave her enough time to move between his attempts to bite her.

"Lady, use double team!"

Multiple copies of the ghost appeared again, but it was too late. Kite already locked onto the original ghost. He bit down on the ghost, which fell to the ground.

"End it with dragon rage!"

A ball of energy headed towards the weakened Misdreavus, and when it was all over Max ran to his pokemon. Misdreavus seemed stunned and not-so-healthy, scratched and bruised in quite a few places. Bagon's bite marks were still clear.

Tyler and Kent were quiet for a moment. Kite ran back to his trainer and jumped up to ask her to hug him, but instead tackled her to the ground. Kite was incredibly heavy for his tiny size, but Sam didn't mind. She laughed and hugged Kite to her chest.

"Well. That was an awesome fight," Tyler said.

Sam got up, brushing the grass of her clothes. "So, can I come with you guys now?"

A loud grumble interrupted their conversation. Kent blushed and turned away. "Sorry. Kinda hungry," he mumbled.

Sam laughed again. These guys were incredibly amusing. She could get used to them. "Let's have breakfast, then. Blaze, come over here and help me start a fire!"

Moments later, the group was eating.

"So, you're brother's that Rennert Park?"

Sam chewed slowly and swallowed. "Yeah. He gave me Blaze."

"It's pretty sick. Why's it black?"

"It's shiny, duh." Tyler hit the back of Kent's head lightly.

They all fell silent for a few moments, listening to the grass rustle and to the occasional cry of a wild pokemon. In the distance their pokemon played with each other, having already eaten their poffins.

It was quiet, and the sun was warm. Sam remembered when she used to have a picnic with Mom on days like these -

Thunk.

Something hit the pot. The next thing Sam knew, they were panicking and a Chimchar was in the middle of their group causing a scene.

"GUMBO, USE WATER PULSE!" Tyler yelled. His Corphish immediately came running, with the other pokemon trailing behind it.

It was about to douse the little chimp when two Infernapes dropped down behind it.

The boys froze, looking at the Infernape. Sam, on the other hand, had her eye on the thief who stole the food.

"Blaze, Kite, get her!"

What a wonderful morning.

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content