z

Young Writers Society

The Autumn

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed May 19, 2010 10:49 am
Octave says...

Barringer - 10.08 AM

The darkness of the room ate up everything, including Barringer.

Not a whimper, not a sound stirred the environment. The only movement was of Barringer himself, tossing and turning on the bed, which, thankfully, refused to creak. Finally he curled up in a little ball, hugging his knees to his chest, and stilled.

It was almost as if the humidity in the room suffocated all the sound coming from the outside world.

Barringer opened his eyes, peacefully breathing in his surroundings. He saw a few things, but given the pitch black darkness of the room, they weren't very clear. It was better that way anyway, so he wouldn't have to be reminded of being stuck on a ship full of humans, in a craft the humans built.

Soon it would be over. All over. For those stupid humans on board. For him. For everyone.

Barringer got up and his loose clothes hung on him as if he wore sackcloth. He ought to change into something more respectable and go up on deck for a breath of fresh air, even if it was just for a few minutes. Surely being in public for a few minutes wouldn't mislead any humans into thinking that Barringer wanted their friendship.

He hadn't gone out since yesterday. That damnable captain refused to listen to Barringer's suggestions. For good reason - the ship would have a hard time passing that shortcut. And everyone would die, but no one knew that last reason.

Barringer clenched his fists. He'd worked hard, lied often and practiced human niceties for hours just to get that appointment with the captain of the ship, only to be turned down so easily.

But Barringer was not giving up, no. This was merely a small problem, something that was easily fixed. All he needed was for someone to take out the captain. That would be enough to send those insufferable humans into a panicked state.

But where to find an assassin? Barringer's loathsome human body was far too clumsy to efficiently kill the captain, while murdering the captain in his nigh-perfect wolf form would obviously raise eyebrows. Those humans would start a manhunt for the werewolf on board, and that would accomplish nothing but make his life harder.

No, Barringer needed a human mercenary.

He stepped out to the relatively cooler hall when he was dressed. To find a human mercenary...shouldn't be too hard. On a ship like this, plenty of different people convened. At least one had to have a military background, and at least one had to be desperate for money. Money which Barringer so conveniently had.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed May 19, 2010 1:46 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Ruth
“Oh don’t mind him ma’am, he’s a little delirious from the bright lights.” I said hurriedly.

“I should hope so,” the lady walked away from the table hurriedly. I pulled Thomas down by the ear. “Are you insane!?”

"I don't think so," Thomas said, stretching back.

"Honestly, with what you're doing you're going to get us caught and thrown off the ship."

"Like they would do that," Thomas said, sarcastically.

"Want to bet?" I asked. "Or even try? Now act like a gentleman and keep us blending in."

Thomas rolled his eyes.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon