z

Young Writers Society

Dream On.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri May 14, 2010 1:32 am
emoticon220 says...

Alright, I've tried this before and it sucked I'm trying again after reading the rules and hopefully it will be better.

Story line:
You are a teen/young adult (12-17, since most of you are this shouldn't be that hard.) Something happened in your life, and you are running away. Its your choice what your running away from. the most important things to you right now are what happened to you (your past) and who you are now. your future doesn't matter, your past does.

Basic rules:
All story book rules apply, no god modding, no sex scenes (romances are OK, some swearing, but were not sailors so no obsessive/ unnecessary profanity, keep your additions/ posts no longer than 3-4 *short* paragraphs, violence is OK as long as it doesn't get out of hand. and finally please please please: when your posting your characters appearance DO NOT POST A PICTURE! that annoys the heck out of me and besides this is a writing website, use your writing skills.

Example of entry:
(this is also my character)
Name: Cellia (CHE-lli-a) Rose Rikerton
Appearance: tall, about 5"9', long dark hair which she straightens, thin-ish but not too thin, caramel skin, she wears dark wash skinny jeans which are usually rolled up, beat up purple silver and black Vans, grey sweatshirt with a superman symbol, black tank top.

Past: she has vivid memories of her sister, Felisette (Feather), whose story she repeatedly tries to block out of her mind, she left home on what she calls The Walk, leaving her mother alone. she is extremely remorseful thought and wishes she could go back, which she can't.

Personality: she was moody, like any normal teenager, since feathers incident she has been secluded, quiet,lonely and sometimes very insightful. shes generally timid but not afraid to break a few bones when she needs to.

Other: she needs to make friends.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:55 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Is it too late to join? I'd like to.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:28 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

I want to join too!! :D
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:30 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Nevermind, this has probably already run its course. Just noticed the date on this, and... yeah.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

lol wow, I guess we wouldnt have gotten an answer anyways....
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:01 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Its still alive.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:42 pm
GuoPing says...

well since the last post said this SB is sill alive I may as well try to join.

Name: Jaclynn 'Jack' Callista Hart

Appearance: Jaclynn is short, 5'1, and athletic. She has what she calls a 'hedge hog haircut' which is spiky and random length all around with longish bangs, but still looks good and with her small size makes her looks impish. Her hair is black with streaks of purple, blue and green. Her eyes are light gray, almost silver, and there is a birthmark under her right eye. Jaclynn has a tattoo of ornate wings tattooed on her shoulder blades and her ears and navel pierced.

past: Jaclynn is an orphan and up until she was passed around by relatives and foster families up until she was 16. She had been abused and mistreated at many of the homes and she just couldn't take it anymore. She packed up what little money she had and her things, a book, a small set of art supplies, and an old MP3 and just walked out in the middle of the night. She has been on her own for a year now, and makes a bit of money taking odd jobs and singing on street corners with an old guitar she picked up at a pawn shop.

personality: Jaclynn has a tough shell but once you get past it she's a nice person. She doesn't trust people and can often become defensive. Although she keeps to herself most of the time, becoming catatonic at times, but if provoked she can come at you with hellfire.

other: she loves music, art, and writing. Oh and she likes insanely spicy food.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:21 pm
emilyjh21 says...

This is my first SB, so here it goes!
Name: Rebecca (Beck) Marie Nash

Appearance: Beck is an average height for a sixteen year old. About 5’ 9”. She is also an average weight for her age. Her hair is a soft brown color with bright green eyes that contrast perfectly. Having an average build helps her beautiful facial features come in to sharp view. Being pretty however, doesn’t make her smile.

Past: Beck’s had a hard life. Her father was an angry man. He expressed is anger to her. In a physical way. Every other night, Beck’s father would come home and beat until she fainted. Her mother never knew. He planned it just right so she was out when it happened. When her mom died of cancer, Beck was just 13. She knew then that something would have to change about her personal situation. She devised a plan that threw her father in jail. However, he got a two-year sentence, so she packed up her stuff and left. She’s been on the run ever since

Personality: Beck has a brooding personality. She rarely ever talks, and when she does the comment is either sarcastic or just plain mean. Having many broken bones, she doesn’t care about getting hurt. In her “old life”, getting hurt happened all the time. Beck never lets anybody in and never trusts anybody. Inside she likes to think she is just as mean as everybody thinks, but she knows she’s not. She’s too scared and nervous that her father will find her. She’s always looking over her shoulder.

Other: she has a locket she always wears that has her mother’s picture in it.
Happiness is a JOURNEY not a place. :D

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 pm
wonderland says...

Name: Ansley Peace
Appearance: Long red hair, which is curly, and she hates. She's thin, and pale, with huge, chocolate brown eyes. She wears a thick, zip up sweater, with a red tank top underneath, dark wash skinny jeans, black converse high tops, and her hair is done in a low braid

Past: Her mother and father were both abusing her, so she ran away. She went to her boyfriends house, where he started abusing her. She ran away, and lives every ay in fear that one of those people will find her.

Personality: She's calm, quite. She always seems cold to the outside person, but can be really nice once she opens up.

Other: She loves to sing, but won't let anyone hear her
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:36 am
kidashka says...

Guys, if it's in the archives, it's dead. :(
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:17 am
Bloo says...

What Kidashka said.

When a Storybook is archived, it's because it no longer active. The normal Storybook Thread here is where you should look for them. And always check the dates of it's start, and its last post. If it's old, best to PM the author first.

If you'd like to take a shot at reviving this or another archived storybook, please get in touch with me or one of the other Lit. Misc. Crew.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13