z

Young Writers Society

Forgotton

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 am
Sins says...

"Is somebody in here, it's the police, we can help you!" A deep voice called from outside the shed.

Both Shawn and I looked at each other. I had no idea what to do next. Should we tell the police everything that had happened? Should we have just run for it? Or should we have just shut up and hoped that they wouldn't come in?

"What should we do?" Shawn whispered as quietly as she could.

I simply looked at her. At this very moment in time, I was actually thinking that being honest to the police would be best. It would keep Shawn safe, after all. Then again, maybe it would get her in trouble because of her father? I didn't know what to do.

Before I had the chance to think about it much longer, suddenly, there was a bright light shining in my face. Squinting slightly, I looked up at where the light was coming from. Standing in front of Shawn and I was a youngish man in a police uniform.

"Hey? What are you kids doing here?" He asked, observing the both of us.

Now was the time to do what I did best; lie. I wouldn't tell him the truth, now way. I wouldn't tell him about out fathers and the gangs. I'd have to make up some kind of story about how we got lost or something.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:58 am
SisterItaly says...

"we got lost, we're okay though." I looked up at him, no he couldn't lie! This was our chance to be safe, prison would even be safer then here. He looked down at me. The look on his face changed my mind, i would let him talk. This time. I snuggled in closer to him.
"Fine then. But you two should really get a move on, we got a call about gang activity not far from here." Psh! Like we didn't know. I was the cause of this uproar.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:19 am
Sins says...

"Get up then." She police man said, looking at us.

Shit. To begin with, it took me ten minutes to stand up. The fact that I walked like a complete cripple didn't help either. I turned to Shawn, panicked. She clearly didn't understand the problem.

"Uh... We'll get up now." It sounded pathetic.

"I need to make sure you guys get out." The police man continued. "You kids shouldn't be in here, you know. Get up please."

The only hope I had was to try and jump up as quickly as possible and hopefully manage to land on my right foot, not my left. Shawn casually got up before turning to me. The police man then sighed and did the same.

"Look son, I don't know what you're playing at but will you please just stand up."

Sighing heavily, I jumped up. Unfortunately, it didn't go anywhere near as well as I would have liked it to. As I jumped up, I somehow landed on my left foot, making me fall back down again and wince in pain. The only upside was the fact that the police man had quick reactions and caught me before I fell down completely.

"What on earth have you kids been up to?" The police man spoke, allowing me to lean on him.

Lying was getting a lot harder now. Maybe we'd just have to tell the truth. I looked at Shawn.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:24 am
SisterItaly says...

"he fell and hurt his ankle, but was to embarrassed to admit it." The cop rolled his eyes.
"Come on, ill bring you to the hospitable. It should be looked at." Urg, i hate the hospitable, not only did that mean we would be back in mob territory, it meant doctors. I hated doctors, they seriously creeped me out sometimes.

We helped liam into the cruiser and i climbed in beside him. I hated how crowded cruisers were. But in this case ide make an exeption. I leaned my head on liams shoulder and fell asleep.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 am
Sins says...

Great, I was going to have to go to a blooming hospital. Out of all of the things in the world, that was once place I really hated. The smell of it was horrible; disinfectant and bleach. Plus, all of the doctors and nurses smiled at you creepily.

"Tired?" I whispered to Shawn as I noticed her drifting off to sleep.

"Yeah," She simply mumbled.

I couldn't help but chuckle slightly to myself as she fell into a deep sleep on my shoulder. I knew that it was weird, but I liked watching people sleep. It seemed to relax me and make me want to sleep. I couldn't sleep now though, my ankle was too painful. I'd hurt it when I stood up to quickly.

"Here we are," The police man spoke after twenty minutes of driving. "I'll give you a hand now."

I gently nudged Shawn and woke her up. Seconds later, the three of us were headed into the hospital. God, I really did hate those places.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 am
SisterItaly says...

We helped him into the hospitable. Now we would have to wait forever! The cop left, i was thankful for that. I sat beside liam again. I was soo tired. I leaned my head back on liam. I just wanted to wake up and it would all go away. That feeling came back again, but this time stronger, I figured it out. Love. That's what it was. I half consiously mumbled.
"love." I didn't even remember doing that. but i probably said it more then once.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:57 am
Sins says...

"What?" I looked at Shawn, confused.

She lifted her head to look at me. When she realised what I'd heard her say, her face slowly turned red. Not taking my eyes off her for a second, I asked her again. It took her a minute or so to finally answer me.

"Nothing," She turned her eyes away from mine.

I didn't say anything then, I simply nodded. What did she mean by love? I think that she was talking to herself, but something about the way she said it felt as though it was directed at me. Love...? Such a small word with such a huge meaning. Shawn didn't...? No way. Why would anyone ever think of me like that? I was a mess, a complete failure; my father had told me that plenty of times.

"Sorry for the wait," A voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts. "It's very busy today. Ankle, is it?"

I looked up at the old man in front of me. He wore a white doctors coat and had a very kind face. He seemed nice enough. Although the man was speaking to me, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder back to Shawn. About how I felt about her. I more than fancied her, that was for sure. I swallowed hard as the thought dawned on me as I followed the doctor into his surgery room.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:20 am
SisterItaly says...

I leaned back over and nearly fell, i sat back up and looked around, Liam was walking beside a doctor, oh they finally came to help him. Stupid hospitals, i once broke my arm and was stuck in the waiting room for twelve hours! I'm glad they took him so soon. A man, i'd say early twenties came and was about to sit in Liam's seat.
"This seat is taken." He turned and went to sit but i stuck my legs up. He muttered something under his breathe and went to the seat across the room.

I had this strange feeling i had forgotten something, something important. Something i had said. I shook it off. The feeling was gone, cause Liam wasn't here. I wish i could have gone in with him.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:06 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

I didn't spend much time in the surgery room, thank God. The doctor was clearly suspicious about how I hurt my ankle though. I managed to convince him that I'd simply badly twisted it. He didn't seem to care much anyway, I was obviously not important enough for him. He may have had a kind face, but the rest of him wasn't kind.

In the end, I hadn't broken it. I was very glad of that. I'd just sprained it quite badly. Because the car went over it so quickly, it didn't damage my ankle all that much. According to the doctor, I wasn't supposed to put any weight on it unless it was necessary. Now way was I doing nothing, I had to make sure my idiot of a father didn't get to Shawn.

"Hey," I smiled at Shawn as I left the room.

"You okay?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, it ain't broken, thankfully." I sat down next to Shawn and sighed. "I've been thinking, maybe we should confront my father. I'll convince him to leave you alone. You're going to have to stay away though, stay outside the house or something."

Shawn obviously wasn't keen on the idea. I didn't care whether she wanted me to do it or not, I had to stop my father from chasing her. Even if it meant standing up to him.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 pm
SisterItaly says...

Ok, at least he was okay. Wait did he honestly just suggest we go see his dad? That was a pretty bad idea.
"Liam, i dont want you to get hurt." I stood uo and he walked beside me, limping a little as we left.
"I don't want you to get hurt."
"Liam that's really nice but let's remember, this is my fault, not yours. If anyone should be confroting gary it should be me." I looked up at him, he looked clearly pissed that i had said that.
"Shawn..." I cut him off.
"If your going to see him then so am I. We're in this together now, so your stuck with me." I didn't mind being stuck with him. He kept that lovely feeling around.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:47 pm
Sins says...

Rolling my eyes, Shawn and I left the hospital. Well, I limped out really. I was mostly thankful that I didn't have to use crutches or anything, that would so screw up my chances of standing up to my father.

"Shawn, I'm really not sure about you coming." Shawn opened her mouth before I stopped her from speaking. "Just listen, okay! If you do come, promise me you'll keep your distance from my dad? I don't wnat you trying to stand up to him, okay?"

Shawn sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine."

Her reaction didn't make me feel confident. Knowing Shawn, she would still but in and try to stand up to my father. That was okay though, my father would be more interested in getting rid of me. Shawn didn't have the key anymore, after all. Besides, I had seriously betrayed him.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, Shawn and I headed towards my house. The one place I hadn't been in a very, very long time. It wouldn't be long now, we'd soon be there.

66 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:00 pm
SisterItaly says...

To imagine, in mear days my whole life changed. I had not one, but TWO groups of people whho wanted me dead, the mob and the crypts. I looked over at liam, not to mention i had a partner in crime. I giggled a little, no, we hadnt done anything illegal. Liam looked down at me,
"What's so funny?" I sighed looking back up at him.
"Nothing, just thinking." he smiled,
"About what? What you said in the hospitable?" I stopped for a second and kept walking, what did i say.
"I said something in the hospitable?" He shook his head and looked away.
"It was nothing."

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:46 pm
Sins says...

I rolled my eyes at Shawn like I had done many times before. She wasn't one for opening up about her feelings, was she? Not that I could say much though. I tried once more.

"If you do decide to 'remember' what you said though," I turned to her. "I might agree with it."

Shawn simply looked at me. She knew what I was talking about, she just wouldn't admit it. Laughing, I continued to walk slightly ahead of her, even though I was the one limping. That was rather ironic.

It didn't take us long to arrive at my house. When Shawn saw it, she clearly wasn't impressed. It was as if she'd expected some big mansion or something, not a crappy one-floored mess. Ah well, that's what you get for having high exceptions.

"Shawn. Stay here." I said firmly.

No way was I going to let her into the house, not if my father was in there. Shawn clearly disagreed with me though. That didn't surprise me at all.

66 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:07 pm
SisterItaly says...

I was utterly confused. I had no clue what he was talking about, i tried to act like i did... and i was pretty sure he was buying it.
"Shawn. Stay here." he demanded, i scoffed.
"We already agreed, I'm coming with you." He shook his head,
"I don't want you getting hurt." He turned to walk up to the door, but i grabbed his hand, it felt like a bolt of electricity running through my veins. I inaudibly gasped then shook my head and looked up at him.
"I'm coming, no arguments." He rolled his eyes and knocked on the door. I held my breath, waiting for the man i utterly despise.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:23 pm
Sins says...

Unsurprisingly, Shawn decided to disobey my order and came to the front door with me. Breathing in heavily, I knocked on the door. I could have just walked in, but that definitely would have created more havoc than necessary.

Shawn and I must have been standing there for at least five minutes until the door handle finally turned. As it did so, Shawn gently squeezed my hand through fear. I kind if liked it. Not that it was the most important thing at that moment.

When the door did finally open, I was more than shocked. Standing in front of me was not my father but one of his friends. I didn't know whether to be relieved or not. Thankfully, the guy was clearly hammered.

"Who are you?" He slurred. "If you're sellin' something, I ain't buying."

I was extremely thankful that he didn't recognise me or Shawn. If he had, who knew what could have happened. I stared into his eyes confidently.

"No, we ain't here to buy somethin'." I said. "We're 'ere to see Gary."

Before Shawn or I had the chance to say anything else, the guy muttered a 'fine' and practically pulled us into the house. Seconds later, I could hear my dad calling from upstairs. He wanted to know who was at the door. I swallowed hard; this was going to be interesting.

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight