z

Young Writers Society

Wake Up, Stay Alive, Go To Sleep. *Started, not accepting*

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue May 11, 2010 3:21 pm
ultraviolet says...

[EDIT] Here is the link for this SB's DT. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post702942.html#p702942

Plot:

You wake up on a deserted island, along side three other people, and a plane wreckage. All of you have been brainwashed, and given completely new memories. Whatever they are, they end with a plane crash.

The remains of the plane have rations and medical supplies, but they won’t last forever. Each player has both a cripple/handicap and a special ability. The special ability cannot be specifically involved with the four elements. They are just enough to keep you from dieing.

You only have one job: Wake up, stay alive, go to sleep.

--------

Little did you know, this is all an elaborate stunt of the new reality TV show Instinct. The only question is, how far will they go to get the ratings?

Characters:

Contestant 1: ultraviolet--Victoria Grace
Contestant 2: ArahniaSiddel--Elizabeth Barton
Contestant 3: Ladyofthedeathroses--Sara Mark
Contestant 4: Apple--Finn Landford
*Scriptwriter: Skins--Jacob Johnathon Lee Anthony Joseph Davies

*It is the scriptwriter’s job to keep the show moving. Whenever things get dull, he is supposed to bring in some twist. This can be bad weather, wild animals, or anything else his imagination calls for.

Rules:

*Regular YWS rules apply.
*One character per person.
*No god-modding, all aspects of it.
*No sexual content. Light romance is allowed.
*No heavy swearing. Light swearing is allowed, but use with caution.
*Post regularily. Post at least a couple paragraphs. The occasional short post is fine, but use sparingly.
*Do not reserve a spot unless you know you will be posting your profile within 24 hours. If you do not post again within that time frame, you will have forfeited your spot and can only get it back if there are still open spots in the character list. This may seem harsh or strict, but with so few spots, I don't want to wait a week or more when everyone else is good to go.

Character Profile:

Name:

Age: (Please be in teens, unless you are the Scriptwriter, which can be whatever.)

Role: (Contestant or Scriptwriter.)

Appearance:

Picture: (Optional.)

History: (Why they think they got on the airplane and such.)

Personality:

Dislikes:

Strengths:

Flaws:

Special Ability:

Cripple/Handicap:

Other:

:elephant: LOVE --ULTRAVIOLET
Last edited by ultraviolet on Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 4:26 pm
ultraviolet says...

Name: Victoria Grace (Goes by Vicki.)

Role: Contestant

Appearance: Long brown hair. Gray eyes.

Picture: Like girl on far left, except for with gray eyes.

Spoiler! :

History: Was on her way back from a boarding school in England. She had gotten a full scholarship from her academic achievements, and her work on the school newspaper.

Personality: Likes to do things herself. Is brave and will try new things. Is athletic, but sports are not her life. Wants to do track, but the school newspaper takes up a lot of her time, and schoolwork is very important to her, so she has no free time.

Dislikes: Working in groups, favoritism, when people exclaim over colors she can't see (wait for it).

Strengths: Is very strategic. Is a fast runner and is strong, even if she doesn't look it. She gets along with most people as long as she isn't with them twenty-four seven.

Flaws: Secludes herself when working on a project. She can be stubborn, and will almost never admit it she's wrong.

Special Ability: She can make any animal noise at will.

Cripple/Handicap: She is colorblind. (This can be fatal because there are a lot of plants on the island that are poisonous and the only way to distinguish several of them from non-poisonous plants are their color.)

Other: Always wears jeans, sneakers, and a hooded sweatshirt if the weather and circumstances allow it.
Last edited by ultraviolet on Tue May 11, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue May 11, 2010 4:53 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Name: Elizabeth Barton - people call her Lizzy

Appearance: She looks exactly like the picture except she has a light freckling on her arms and cheekbones. She wears a yellow tank top and white skinny jeans. She always has on a plain silver bracelet. She also is usually barefoot.

Picture:
curly_hair_by_tknk.jpg
curly_hair_by_tknk.jpg (24.45 KiB) Viewed 406 times

History: Her father is a rich investor. Who owns some oil company. She sees him twice a year. She goes to a boarding school in the winter and her Grandmas in the summer. Her grandparents are getting old and don't pay much attention to what she does so she is practically free from rules in the summer. She was in the plane to go to her grandma's house when it crashed.
Personality: She is quiet. She shows all emotion, but in different ways than most people.

Likes: She loves running, biking, walking, and Swimming. (Her grandparents live on a lake) She also enjoys writing poems and reading. She likes being by herself, climbing trees, singing and her rat terrier.

Dislikes: She doesn’t like her father, big crowds, her boarding school, competitive sports, or people in general.

Strengths: She is good at swimming and running. She is also good at making people trust her and telling when people are lying.

Flaws: She is not very strong. She is definitely not a good leader/speaker. She refuses to go underground because she is claustrophobic. She is also terrified of lightning. She will do almost anything for her dog even if it puts her in grave danger.

Special Ability: fire

Cripple/Handicap: She is AWEFULL under pressure
Last edited by ArahniaSiddel on Thu May 13, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 7:47 pm
ultraviolet says...

Arahnia,

Your character seems good, but one thing. Vicki was on her way to boarding school. Which probably means that it is late August. Could you maybe change your person's history so she isn't going to her grandma's for the summer? Like, maybe she was just leaving or something. Thanks! :)

~asofterworld.com

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Sara Mark

Appearance: http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 00-400.jpg except with pale skin and dark midnight blue eyes and her hair is down past her waist with a naturally occuring red streak on the left side. she is actually very beautiful but she doesn't think so and her curves are in all the right places. She is wearing a black short sleeved v neck t shirt with red flowers stitched on the left side she has on black skinny jeans and knee high black converse with red shoelaces.
Personality-is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is curious but doesn't express her curiousty, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper

History: Her parents always fight and she hates it. She was going to her Grandparents house for the summer when the plane crashed.

Special Ability: She can hypnotize people and bend their will anyway she wants through singing.

Cripple/Handicap: She is partially deaf.

Other:She has a beautiful singing voice and can play the piano,flute,violin,guitar,piccolo and all cousins of the violin as well. She can sing and not hypnotize people. She loves to draw. She is very good at keeping peoples spirits. She is very good at reading lips and sign language. She is up for love. SHe can fight with anything you give her even her bare hands.
Flaws: She is terrified of heights. She broke her wrist when she was 12 so every now and then it will go numb and she has to force it to move. She has with her a journal a sketchpad and pencils.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Wed May 12, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 8:14 pm
ultraviolet says...

OK, I give up. It is now officially summer. I'll change my profile, instead of the other way around. :)

Oh, and we could use some guys. So far, only girls. Thanks. :)

~asofterworld.com

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue May 11, 2010 8:21 pm
View Likes
Apple says...

Me! Fourth, and I'll make a guy character. Post later though.
I spy!

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm
Sins says...

Bah... I'm late... I really need to be quicker on these things... :lol:

Ah well, I guess I could be the scriptwriter?
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 pm
ultraviolet says...

Apple--I've saved your spot.

Skins--Is that a for sure? And it's not like the Scriptwriter doesn't do anything. He gets to wander about the island creating mischief and mayhem. Think of it this way, it is your chance to have a character that makes everyone around it suffer, without coming up with a motivation more than greed and ratings. *Evil grin*

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 8:37 pm
Sins says...

Yeah, I'm definitely in. :)

I'll be the scriptwriter then, if you want. I'll probably fail at creating interesting twists, but I'll give it a go! :lol:

Here's the profile! 8)

Name: Jacob Johnathon Lee Anthony Joseph Davies (Or just Jake)

Role: Scriptwriter

Appearance: Jake dresses in a seriously quirky way. He's always wearing over eight different colours and he wears his high tops everywhere he goes. He has messy brown hair and deep green eyes.

Picture: (Optional.)
Spoiler! :

History: (Why they think they got on the aeroplane and such.) Well, he didn't get on the aeroplane, but yeah. :lol: Jake grew up in a foster home. He was thrown around from house to house because of his handicap. People couldn't handle him. His dream was to always be a famous scriptwriter, he loves his job. He was ecstatic when he found out he was having his own TV show. In fact, he got himself arrested for trashing his boss' office in happiness... that's how excited he was.

Personality: Jake dresses the way he acts; quirky. When an idea comes to him, he announces it, no matter who he is with. He has problems walking, he can't help but jump and run everywhere he goes because he gets overexcited. He's a really nice guy, but he can get rather carried away with his ideas for the show though. Often putting the contestants in danger. At times, he can get annoying, that is his main problem.

Likes: Girls, messing about, laughing, dancing and singing badly, making twists for the contestants

Dislikes: Boring people, being forced to work, girls crying, messing up, obsessive stalkers (yes, he has one)

Strengths: Jake is always there to cheer people up. He's very good at making people laugh and he always looks on the bright side of things.

Flaws: Because of his handicap, he can sometimes get too excited as well as getting really moody. He has really bad mood swings, basically. He also doesn't think before he acts, therefore creating some dangerous situations for the contestants.

Special Ability: Jake can convince anyone to do anything.

Cripple/Handicap: Jake has ADHD (Google it if you don't know what it is.)

Other: Not at the moment.
Last edited by Sins on Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

262 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 pm
ultraviolet says...

OK, both spots saved. Skins, I want a profile for the Screenwriter, in case I didn't make that clear. :lol:

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 pm
Sins says...

Contestant 1: ultraviolet--Victoria Grace
Contestant 2: ArahniaSiddel--Elizabeth Barton
Contestant 3: Ladyofthedeathroses--Sara Mark
Contestant 4: Reserved for Apple
*Scriptwriter: Skins--Jacob Johnathon Lee Anthony Joseph Davies

Haha... that looks funny... Yeah, I'm a freak. :smt001

Anyway, are we going to start this once Apple has posted her profile?

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Wed May 12, 2010 8:31 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Yeah. I know cus I am cool like that.

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm
ultraviolet says...

Yup! :) I already have what I'm going to begin with too! :) (I have little patience in case you've never noticed. :wink: )

~asofterworld.com

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed May 12, 2010 8:48 pm
Apple says...

Name:Finn Landford

Appearance:Finn is quite tall, being about 6'4 with a strong, elegantly structured build. His broad shoulders always pushed back into a straight, trained posture while remaining graceful in his walk. His skin is a silken pale, contrasting vividly against his crimson auburn hair. His hair whisps softly in over his face, a few longer strands dashing over his eyes while longer tendrils of soft hairstrands frame his face and flow in front of his ears. The rest of his hair is medium-short, looking rather fluffy in a refined sort of way. His eyes are an emerald green, flecks of several tones glittering about each iris, enhanced by his hair color. His chin and prominent cheekbones are slightly feminine, giving him a softer look but his strong jawline provides a masculine touch.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

History: Following the bitter divorce between his parents, Finn has to travel to the other sides of the world to come in contact with his mother and father. The reason for the divorce is what has changed Finn so rappidly. Instead of wanting to be a whole family, they wanted to follow their careers and having a child just weighed them down. When it was summer break, Finn flew towards his mother archeological dig in Egypt, though never made it.

Personality: The "Joker" of the squad, Finn is always there to make a joke, often at the expense of others. He is seen as the sort of "class clown", and often not taken seriously. He is easily side-tracked by beautiful girls and thinks very highly of himself.

-Motorbikes, aeroplanes and cars.
-Sports. mostly martial arts.
-Japanese Kimono Girls.

Dislikes:
-Rude or Pushy people.
-His Parents

Strengths: Finn is an adrenalin junky, meaning he'll do anything to get a rush. He is a tremendous fighter learing how to protect himself under the eyes of his father, an army personal.

Flaws: Finn is murky-eyed; two words which affect him all his life. His vision is obscured, and often at night he will only see blurs. He refuses to wear glasses or contact lens and bad mouthes anyone who suggests it.

Special Ability:Replicate the abilities of other evolved humans by physically touching them.

Cripple/Handicap: The cartliage in his leg is beginning to wear away and this causes him often pain.

Other: Up for Love.
I spy!

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro