z

Young Writers Society

Dirty Little Secrets

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed May 12, 2010 4:07 pm
austenite says...

Hey is there room for one more female on the slot? I'd love to take part!! Let me know and I'll post a character profile :D
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed May 12, 2010 4:12 pm
Sins says...

Yeah, sure austenite :)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

31 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 5:19 pm
austenite says...

Name: Alexa Tayson

Age (5-25): 17

Personality: Alexa seems like the quiet one, but that's because most people don't know her. Or choose not to. She's sassy, vervacious and full of knowledge, but at the same time is sarcastic and easily irritated. She doesn't have a lot of time for people, especially those who a shallow and self centred, and tends to keep away from people in school, prefering her books to conversations

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Background: Alexa comes from the picture perfect family - she's just the odd one out. Her mother has a part time job as a nurse in a hospital, her father's a leading surgeon and her older brother is set to complete his postgraduate at unverisity studying politics. But behind the Wisteria Lane facade that the Tayson's put on, is a secret that threatens to tear their fabric apart, one that only Alexa knows the truth about...

Up For Love: Yes
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Oscar Wilde

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed May 12, 2010 10:43 pm
Jas says...

Name: Penelope Mozer

Age (5-25): 17

Personality: She tries to be cool but fails miserably. She is a bookworm and wears thick prescription glasses. She tries hard to live with her secret but the bruises and cuts make it a bit hard. She's pretty sarcastic and loves a good joke.

Appearance: Just past her shoulders thick and frizzy brown hair, that's usually up in a ponytail. Gorgeous eyes that are covered by naturally thick and long lashes. She has a bunch of acne but if you really look at her, she's beautiful, but of course, people don't want beautiful, they want slutty and hot.

Background: Her parents are both doctors and expect much more than she can give. She really doesn't want a job in the medical field. She actually hates needles and blood and such. She has a dead twin sister who died the year before in a horrible accident.

Up For Love: If you want her :)

Other: Nothing really.

The gender of your character
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

1087 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 5:22 pm
Sins says...

Okay guys, I'm going to start this now. All of the characters know each other. If you've saved a spot, but haven't posted a profile yet, you can still join. Could you please post your profile in the DT though, please? Also, if you have any questions, just ask them in the DT. The link of the DT is in on the thread.

The setting for the beginning will be in my character, Aston's house. It's his birthday and he's having a house party. All of you guys' characters are in the party. You can post as your characters are arriving, or they can already be in the party. It's up to you.

Austin

Whistling cheerfully to myself, I pressed the button on my stereo. Seconds later, there was loud music blasting around the entire house. I grinned as my eyes scanned my living room, this was going to be a very good night; I could feel it. My father was out working or something, I wasn't sure. I wasn't listening to him when he told me.

As the music blared, I looked outside my window. The world outside was calm, silent. That calmness would soon be cut short though. No one had arrived yet, they probably wouldn't for at least another half an hour. I'd posted on Facebook for everyone to come at around six, it was just gone half past five now. They shouldn't be too much longer though, especially knowing some of the guys I'd invited.

Sighing in relaxation, I dropped myself onto my sofa. The loud music actually made me feel more relaxed, surprisingly. Ah well, there was no need in questioning it. I turned to the small coffee table beside me and picked up my half drunk can of cider. I pressed the can to my lips and began drinking. I really did love the bitter taste of the liquid running down my throat. There was plenty more where that came from.

Yep, tonight was going to be a good night. I grinned once more as I heard footsteps walking down my driveway. Here we go.
Last edited by Sins on Thu May 13, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu May 13, 2010 6:30 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Sara
I made my way cautiously through the diner my hands full of 2 large black trays piled high with hamburgers cheesesteaks and fries. I made my way to table 5 where a bunch of teenagers from my school were sitting there. I passed out the food and smiled politely at them. "Is there anything else I can get you?" I asked. One of the blonde cheerleaders 'accidently' pushed over her Pepsi and it splattered me. "Some more Pepsi would be nice." She said in a snobbish voice. I forced a smile and picked up the glass and walked away as the table started laughing at me. "Hey are you ok?" a familiar voice asked I looked and saw one of the boys from my school sitting at one of the tables. I smiled wryly at him. "Yeah I'll be fine thanks. " I said. I walked past him and into the kitchen where I changed into a new uniform and got a new Pepsi for the cheerleader I brought it to her and said "Be careful this time." I walked away and back into the kitchen.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

336 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 6:52 pm
Jas says...

Hey Ladyoftheroses, what you wrote makes no sense because Ashton is at his house, getting ready for a party and you put him in a diner. So yeah. Doesn't make much sense :)
I am nothing

~*~

12 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

I forgot to read the other posts. *smacks self in head* OUCH!

1087 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 7:59 pm
Sins says...

haha, it's okay. Just pretend she's now in my character's house. :lol:
By the way, I've changed my character's name from Aston to Austin. Forestqueen's character is called Ashton, and Aston and Ashton were a bit too similar.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu May 13, 2010 10:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Willow Grace:

I placed a hand on Richard's shoulder and said loudly enough to be heard over the music "Hey, What's up?" He smiled down at me "Hey, I'm pretty good."

I looked around and asked "Where's Annabelle?"
Live, Love, Laugh

12 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Sara
I tapped on Aunt Dianes shoulder. "Hey Crow (that's what her mom called her and she lets sara call her that) can I cut early? I was invited to a party ." I said after she turned around. She smiled in surprise. "Yeah go ahead sweetheart." She said. I smiled and kissed her cheek. I walked into the womans bathroom and changed into a black tanktop with silver angel wings that I had painted on on the back and black skinny jeans. I put on smoky grey eyeshadow and black eyeliner and lipstick. I walked out of the restaurant and to Austins house. I walked up the driveway and smiled as I felt the music pounding through the ground. I opened the door and walked over to a sofa and sat down.

336 Reviews

Fri May 14, 2010 12:08 am
Jas says...

Penelope

K, this is it Pen, your one chance at something different. Don't screw it up. Especially not in front of Austin.

My fingers were sweaty as I rang the doorbell. I hope I wasn't dressed to formally, I mean it is a party right, a skirt would be oka-

"Hey, Penelope. Come on in. Your a bit early but that's okay," Austin said, his smile wide and easy. I nervously walked in, looking around at the house.

"Wow. Your house is so pretty," I said, my heart pounding.

"Thanks. You can just chill on the sofa or look at the music or something till everyone else gets here," Austin said. Oh. He wants to get rid of me as fast as possible. I didn't expect much when my super popular sister died, but I thought that maybe some of her reputation would spread on me a bit and I wouldn't be as much of a spaz around guys. Especially Austin.

I half-smiled and went to the sofa, sitting awkwardly on it. Austin turned and went into the kitchen, but at the last moment turned to me.

"Or you could come with me, you know,"

I flushed and stood but just then, the clock chimed six and the doorbell rang.

The party had begun.
I am nothing

~*~

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Hey Skins, would you mind if Michael and Austin were cousins? That's the only way I can really bring Michael in to begin with!**

Michael :

Michael sighed as he drove towards his cousin's house, wearing a white wife beater, jeans, his dog tags, and a pair of Nike Dunks. The picture of Annabelle's crying face appeared in his mind. She hadn't wanted him to go, but he promised his cousin he'd come and act as the 'responsible adult'. So much for the responsible part.

'Daddy, don't go!' Annabelle's pleading voice cried in his mind.

He had been forced to leave her with her grandma, his mom, since the babysitter was out of town. He pulled into his cousin's driveway, the house already slamming with music, and stepped out of his lifted truck, shaking his hair out carelessly.

His eyes searched the room of bodies, finally landing on his cousin. He weaved his way through everyone, and grasped his cousin's shoulder. "Hey man!" He yelled over the music, grinning wildly, the two snake bites on his bottom lip gleaming.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

Reviews: 2
Fri May 14, 2010 12:50 am
RedSun says...

Valeri

I wake up crying again as the pain of the nightmare rips through me. It was a reliving of that day:

Flashback....

"Don't talk back to me!" My mother yells.

"Watch me!" I say. I go upstairs to my room. Night falls slowly. I pack my bags, and wait until three. At three AM, I get up and leave. before I do, though, I steal 3 grand from my parents. Serves them right. I take my car to the airport. I park it, and buy tickets.

At five I get on the plane. Halfway through my ride, I get a call from my grandmother.

"Valeri, your parents are dead. The house caught on fire when your dad bumped over a candle. They couldn't get out." She is crying.

"I can't go back now. It's too late. I am halfway there." And the line disconnects.

I didn't go to my parents funeral. I couldn't look at their faces. I was a coward, but I didn't care. I was paying the price now. I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for school.

31 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2010 5:34 pm
austenite says...

(^ I thought that we had started at the party??? :D)

Alexa stood in front of the door to Austin's house. Every now and again, some people would turn up, shoving past her and leaving the door slightly ajar. She couldn't remember how long she'd spent staring at his front door, trying to pluck up the courage to let herself in. It wasn't as if she was breaking and entering. At least, not this time.

Austin had been one of her sister's friends. Bekka, her sister was one of those girls who could get away with anything, being super popular and all. And weekend after weekend, Bekka would be invited to all the coolest parties and beach gatherings that Tampa's teens had to offer. Of course, being Bekka's twin, Alexa had been invited to all these things as well. But she chose to stay at home instead, reading instead of partying. It was her way of dealing with what had happened in New York. They might have been been twins, but she was completely different to Bekka. Or had been. Whatever tense you used when someone was no longer around.

The invitation had been shoved through her locker like all the unopened ones before. But there was something different about this one. Maybe it was Austin's handwriting that had convinced her to come. He was only in one her Spanish class, and she usually had to end up correcting his bad grammar every now and again. Or maybe it was the fact that Bekka would've wanted her to go to one of these parties. Yeah, right. Bekka never wanted you in her circle after what you did. Face it, she hated you, a small part of Alexa's brain retorted back. Unsurprisingly, it sounded a lot like Bekka's voice.

Alexa pushed open the door with determination. She'd gotten an invitation, so she was going to go. So what if she knew no-one here. Maybe it was time to change that. She wound her way through the hallway, pushing past the teens who grinded against each other in time to the music, past the ones who took swigs from bottles and red plastic cups. Eventually she found the kitchen, where the sink was filled with ice. Bottles of beer stuck out from it, and she grabbed one, trying to twist the cap off.

"Do you think there's any Diet Coke?" a voice asked, startingly Alexa as she tried to break the cap off the side of the counter. Instead her hand dropped the bottle, which shattered over the floor.
"Shit!" Alexa cursed.
"Oh God, I'm so sorry!" the voice said. Alexa looked up. In front of her stood a girl with thick black glasses and frizzy hair. She was in a couple of Alexa's classes, but mainly kept to herself. The only reason she recognised her was because her sister was friends with this girl's sister. They were both on the cheer squad or something.
"No, it's okay," Alexa sighed, trying to pick up the broken pieces of glass. Great. Her first party without Bekka and she'd broken a botttle all over someone's kitchen floor, bumped into Princess Mia from the Princess Diaries before she turned hot and spilt beer all down her jeans.

"Woah, what happened here?" Another voice appeared over the din of the music. Fan-bloody-tastic. Someone else to witness my faux pas, Alexa thought. She looked up.
Oh everything holy.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Oscar Wilde

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost