z

Young Writers Society

Aboard the Petrel

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon May 17, 2010 11:26 am
jolene says...

Awwwwwww! I was to late....I wanted to join...
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon May 17, 2010 3:08 pm
RedBird says...

You can still join!
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 17, 2010 4:02 pm
kidashka says...

It's probably best that you have a male character though, cause the ratio exploded a bit. :smt095

~Clara~

I yawned, already stuck in my cell and the aftereffects of all that whisky starting to settle in. Damn. But never fear, for I knew the best hangover cure in all the land! More alchohol, of course.

I squinted through the darkness to assess what was surrounding my cell. Aha. Just as I'd suspected. The food stores, and therefore, by default, also the rum store. I narrowed my eyes further as I searched for the glorious substance, and an expression of glee spread over my face as I spotted a promising looking bottle that had fallen off a shelf. Making my way right up to the edge of the cell, I stretched my arm out in a vain attempt to reach it, but it was too far away. I glared at the offending item before crouching lower and trying again.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash as someone came down the stairs. I immediately sped back to the other side of the cell, looking around innocently.

The figure came into fuller view as they reached the bottom of the stairs, near my cell. Oh, it was just a cabin boy. Easy pickings. "OI." I yelled, grinning as they turned in surprise, eyes wide. "Get me that bottle, would ya?"

Can be any cabin 'boy'.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Andrew

Andrew crept down the stairs trying to be silent. But, he kicked a fire bucket. It crashed into the stairs. Sand flew everywhere. He cursed to himself, and scrambled down the last steps.

"OI. Get me that bottle, would ya?"

Andrew froze. Then slowly turned, there was a woman sitting in a cell. He sighed, just a prisoner. But, it was still someone to be wary of.

“watcha say ye want” he asked

“sum rum please. Just a sip te help me digestion.” Andrew was not persuaded my her honey coated voice, but he didn’t want to be found out so he said.

“ya I’ll get ye sum, but yer not gonna tell, cus if ya do then I’ll be clamped in irons.”

“na I’d never tell” she said with a smile. Andrew picked up the rum and held it out to her. She snatched it and began to guzzle. With her attention off him he quickly headed back up to the orlop deck to find a better hiding spot.

21 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm
jolene says...

Name: Joseph Ray Dingle

Appearance: black hair that's always in his eyes, 5 feet 11 inches.

Personality: shy unless taking orders (except from people who are jerks or its something bad), has a mean attitude (unless someone gets close to him)

Background: a loner and his parents father died in an attack from British soldiers, his mother was a prostitute after the father died...they were poor...his mom died when some young British soldier raped and murdered her.

Secrets: killed his moms murderer, and looking for the one who killed his father (who Is an officer)

Other: up for love (if possible) and has a small viper snake (vip.)

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

21 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 8:22 pm
jolene says...

CAN SOMEONE BRING ME IN? THX! :)

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 17, 2010 8:26 pm
kidashka says...

If you would come and see my character that'd be great. Unfortunately I'm in a cell so I can't come out and see you >.<
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 pm
emoticon220 says...

KADEL
Oh, The World, The world is a rocking ocean and i am stuck in the tip-most of a ship. Oh screw. There is nothing here, nothing what so ever. Argh. Oh, ha ha, i sounded like a real shipman...ship girl...for a second. Well, Here i am Kadel, KAdel nothing. just Kadel sitting in a bucket in the tip-most of a ship waiting for the stupid rig to find something to crash in to. Gosh, this will never end.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 pm
emoticon220 says...

Yes i would like to be a ships boy. in the crows nest preferably
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

21 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 pm
jolene says...

Joseph:

I'm hungry and thirsty. I have been on this ship for God only knows how long! I try to sneak down a filthy stairway anti heard someone yell for something. I stopped short. I heard it again. There Is a light on a few feet away from me. I saw a tanned girl with blonde-ish brown-ish hair. It looked like she was drunk, and wanting more to drink! There was also a young man was looking at her.
""What its going on here?" I asked myself.

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :

48 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Saul

Why am I always stuck with work? He thought. From the moment the sails had been unfurled he had been ordered about. He barely had time to eat his rations and sleep. It was morning of the second day on board. The first morning he had learned the art of scrubbing the decks. Right now he was working on the quarterdeck.

The sun beat down on his back and the salt spray stung his eyes. His holy stone (blocks of stone used for the scrubbing) rubbed over and over in the gap between his thumb and other fingers. Yesterday because a blister had formed on his right hand he was using his left. But, even now the skin was rising.

Saul glanced up. Fonzo was working beside him, sweat covered his back. His wavy brown hair fell into his grimy face. His brown eyes were intent on the dirty wood.

“Work” Saul heard the voice just a second before the rope came down on his back. He began scrubbing vigorously hoping the boatswain’s mate would leave, but the man stood above him. He tried to gather his thoughts. Why had he been looking at that boy like . . . like he was a girl. He shook his that was insane, but he glanced at him and saw the beauty in his face. He turned away when the boy met his gaze and began to work again even though the Botswain’s mate was nowhere in sight now.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon May 17, 2010 10:07 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Kaysie (Fonzo)

Kaysie growled lowly, scrubbing the deck furiously, sweat beading on her face and drenching her shirt. To think, she had been assigned to the riggings the day before, but now, now she was scrubbing decks. Kaysie resisted the urge to moan in anger, considering she was aching from the constant scrubbing. She heard a sigh of irritation from beside her, and glanced over, seeing Saul, a fellow ship boy, looking at her, almost staring. Hooke, Kaysie's monkey, was mirroring her movements with the rag, scrubbing the deck with some ooh's and ahh's.

With a hard swallow, Kaysie got back to work after hearing the familiar tap, tap, tap of the boatswain's mate's shoes, and got back to work, scrubbing roughly. She winced when the rope made a sick sound against Saul's back. When the boatswain's mate finally walked away, Kaysie turned to Saul, eyes soft. She blanched when she saw him looking at her, once again, but shook it away when he looked away quickly.

"Are you okay?" Kaysie finally asked, eyes sincere and voice soft as she continued to scrub.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

48 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 10:53 pm
View Likes
ArahniaSiddel says...

Saul

"Are you okay?" said Fonzo.

“umm . . . I just . . . sorry that I was looking . . .” Saul stuttered not having the faintest idea of what to say. He couldn’t just tell him he thought she was pretty as a girl.

“I just thought ye looked a little soft tats all.” He said recovered just a bit. There was the tiniest flash of fear in Fonzo’s eyes. Saul shook off the thought though. Fonzo looked angry now not scared.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue May 18, 2010 1:20 am
Chupatoasta says...

Kaysie (Fonzo)

“I just thought ye looked a little soft tats all.” Saul replied, causing Kaysie's heart to thunder loudly in her chest, then catch fire with rage. She glared, Hooke catching onto her mood easily. He screeched at Saul, jumping from one foot to the other while glaring and throwing the rag on the ground. Kasie refrained from throwing the rag on the ground, and probably slapping Saul. Sure, she was a girl, and yes, no matter how much she tried to look like a boy, she'd still have that feminine look, but she was anything but soft.

Kaysie scrubbed the deck furiously, some on Saul's side just to let out her pent up anger. The boatswain's mate walked over eventually, telling Saul to hurry up, and demanding that Kaysie fix a loose rig on the main mast. Kaysie nodded walked towards the main mast, behind the boatswain's mate, not realizing the old picture of her and her parents flutter out of her pocket. It had been a cute picture. She was dressed up, her once long hair done up with flowers and ribbons, as she wore her easter dress. Her mother, who was now long passed, was smiling and hugging her father while the young Kaysie twirled in front of them.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue May 18, 2010 2:11 am
Threnody says...

Allison:

"You like her huh?" I said to Saul, following him around on his rounds.

"Don't ye have anythin' else to do? We're about to set sail." He grumbled, "What do you know bout' it anyway, yer only... what... 10?"

"12 thank ya very much and I know when yer smitten." I stood behind him and leaned on his lower back so he couldn't stand up.

"Allison!! Get yer arse down in the hold and finish up with the stocks."

"Yessir capt'n." I turned back towards Saul and made a heart sign with my hands.

*Can Allison discover the stowaways sooner or later in the hold?*
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler