z

Young Writers Society

Cascading Blossoms.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 am
Apple says...

(At this very moment I'm very jealous because my friend gets to go on an exchange program to Japan for a month, and I'm not allowed to! So I am going to "imagine" that I'm going on an exchange trip to Japan, just as the brouche said! In other words, I'm very bored and just thought this idea up on the spot.)

Cascading Blossoms.

A group of students pack up their bags and head for the airport for a one month trip in Japan. Where they'll be knocked over by the intricate decor, the acrobatic shows and their many frivillious festivals.

For one month each student will be placed in an old village, where they'll stay with a host family that will teach them the way of the Japanese. Their ordinary pampered lives will be changed into a cultural life of digging and exploring the lands of Japan.

:arrow: With the character issue, you can be either apart of a Japanese host family, or one of the group of teens leaving to Japan. You don't have to be a teenager you can be younger, or even be older.
:arrow: All the students will be in the one village, not all of them scattered across Japan.

The village; Mizuri Village, in which the exchange students will be staying in is a rocky outcrop of a former battlefield in Japanese war between Samuri's and Ninja's. Most of the village members are skilled in the ways of martial arts and often like to spin tales. No technology runs out into the village, not even electricity meaning that they have to use fire and cinder block to see around in the dark, or even cook anything.

:arrow: I'm going to make this clear now. All YWS (Young Writers Society) rules apply, I don't want to have to stress them because they are always being said. I hope you all know 'em.

Character Template: (Try to be as detailed as possible, it just makes it nicer to read.)
Spoiler! :
Name:
Appearance:
Image:
Personality:
History:
Flaws/Vices:
Skills/Strengths:
Likes/Dislikes:
Up for love:
I spy!

199 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 7:29 am
Apple says...

Name: Reason "Rea" Brown

Appearance: Honey brown hair which covers a small lover heart shaped face, with wide saffron brown eyes Reason stands at a tall height with a rather slim figure. Her light tan complexion easily changes when she stands in the sun. Her cheek bones are hidden underneath a slighty chubby cheeks that have a hint of colour to them.

Image:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Quirky and adventurous, Reason has a wierd sort of personality that she uses to portray to poeple as a five year old in a teenage girls body. She isn't one to complain, or speak of anyone in a bad tone. Instead she'll be contemplating her old actions and will often name her favourite foods to stop her nerves.

History: Reason grew up in a wealthy family where she was forced to be polite and ettiquetly correct from a very young age. She never really had a life always locked behind thick walls with only her toys and childish shows to keep her company. Reason's parents would never let her go and play with the other children and would often make her think low of herself.

When her eldest sister and only source of fun died in a car accident, her parents became more confident over her and would constantly stress over her wellbeing. Reason was finally given some freedom when her mother fell pregnant with a son and all the attention moved away from her.

Flaws/Vices: Reason is partially blind in her left eye from a cooking accident, and has trouble seeing the colour red from far back. She often stutters in her speech, and mispronounces a few words which makes people look down on her. Reason has a very low self esteem and often thinks people are talking and teasing her.

Skills/Strengths: Reason has always been a talented runner winning rather a lot of trophies in her time. She is very speedy and also considered agile, Reason can easily slip in an around anyone without them noticing. She is also rather brainy, though she cannot think on her feet.

Likes/Dislikes:

-Adventurous places and people.
-Laughing and smiling.
-Combat, otherwise known as martial arts and cillagraphy writing.

Dislikes
-People who are rude and inconsiderate.
-Standing still, or having to sit and talk for more then an hour.
-The cold and rain. She doesn't like getting wet.

Up for love: Yes.
I spy!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 09, 2010 2:02 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Romeo Blackmon

Appearance: Romeo's very tall, as a member of the basketball team, and pretty strong even if he doesn't look like it. He has sharp green eyes, and messy red hair.

Image:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Romeo may put off an intimidating aura, but truthfully, he's loud and fun around his friends. He's a ladies' man, no doubt, and thinks that any girl will fall down at his feet and bed and plead him to go out with them. He hasn't encountered a girl yet that won't do that. His father and mother are both very strong tycoons, but he doesn't have the rich person, conceited attitude that they have, thank god, since he was raised by nannies rather than his parents.

History: From the time he was born, till his seventeenth year, he'd only seen his parents twice, maybe three times a year. He was very school and charity-oriented to keep his mind off everything. When he was twelve, he discovered the true meaning of girls. They were there for you to please, and make them blush, and giggle, and be happy, all at the same time they were more than willing to do something for you. At thirteen, Romeo, due to his older look and tall height, was able to work at a men's club, entertaining ladies to their every whim. He was there four years, until his father decided to send him on a exchange trip... all the way in Japan.

Flaws/Vices: He's got a weakness for tears, and is also partially deaf in his right ear after an accident at a concert, where he got too close to the speaker, and it blew his eardrum. He also has a weakness for small, scared looking girls, as something takes over in his mind telling him to help her. He's got a couple of scars on his left arm from a couple street encounters with his customers' love intrests, and every now in then, they give him very intense pain.

Skills/Strengths: He's a great fighter when it comes to it, but an even greater lover. It takes a lot to get on Romeo's bad side, so that's saying a lot for anybody who doesn't like him. He's pretty fast, from life on the basketball courts, but definately not the fastest.

Likes/Dislikes:

-Girls
-Chocolate
-Fighting
-Basketball
-Photography
-And surprisingly, writing and art

Dislikes:
-Snobs
-Revealing clothing
-Tears
-Cute girls who think they're ugly or fat

Up for love: Yes ma'am
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun May 09, 2010 3:59 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Name: Kimela "Kimmy" Jones

Appearance: She has long raven black hair that comes down to about mid stomach and sea blue eyes. She is regular height, about 5"5. She has a scars on her wrist and neck from struggling against chains(will be explained later) that she covers with ribbon bracelets and a choker.
Image:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's shy and reluctant to speak her mind. She doesn't talk much, but is a very good listener. She also blushes a lot, like when she gets asked a direct question or messes up with something she's working on. Her main goal is to make people feel good about their selves. She often apologizes a lot and acts really formal around others out of habit. Loud or sudden noises make her jumpy, she prefers things quiet and calm.

History: When she was eight, some men came and took her from her bed and used her as a hostage. Her dad, being a well known and wealthy lawyer, had to pay a ransom to get her back. While she was captured, the men abused her and practically made her their maid. The forced her to clean everything and beat her regularly. When night fell, they chained her to a wall by her wrist and neck. Ever since that day, she has been nervous around people. If she did learn any good things from that experience it was how to be a good maid.

Flaws/Vices: Flaws: Her scars. Her resistance towards other, her shyness. She is very quiet and if you put her in a crowded place she will do anything in her power to get away.

Skills/Strengths: She can clean and cook like a pro. She is also pain resistance, meaning she can tolerate higher levels of pain. Being that she does not really talk much, she can keep secrets well.

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes: Quiet, the moon, flowers, dresses, doing things she's good at, rain, drawing, thunderstorms, nature, animals, and taking walks.
Dislikes: Loudness, chaos, crowded places, messy places, loud or intimidating people, trying new things.

Up for love: Yeah.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

199 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 8:10 pm
Apple says...

Great profiles guy! :) Let's hope more*cough cough nudge nudge* people will join so we can get this show on the road. Hmm I'll advertise it in the adverts then. :)
I spy!

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun May 09, 2010 9:21 pm
foxfire says...

hmmm...interesting

name: Aleksander Nadean

Appearance: long black hair, slanted large eyes-though he narrows them, slightly thin body and usually wears a scarf, scarf on his cheek.

Personality: silent, he often thinks to himself and is observant in his surroundings. he often judges people through speaking, dress and manner of behavior and decides if he wants to talk with them or not. He is a bit insensitive and often stays with one corner either to daydream or to enjoy the land.

History: Aleksander belong to a large family heritage named Nadean that is spread around the world. He had worked on a province with his uncle who is puppet maker. He is usually used to watching his creation hanged on the tress or scattered around the place. When his uncle lock himself for two weeks in his room, he got suspiscious and soon found out that his uncle was trying to create a puppet similar to his late wife and the remains of the corpse of his wife was beside his dead body.

Flaws: his insesitivy does not let him connect with other people as well that he has lung problems in which he is sensitive with smoke or too much stressful activity. He has live in the country for most of his life.

Strengths: Like his uncle and a number of his family, he creates puppets and often used them to various means. He is also diligent and persistent.

Likes: questioning common ideas such as , 'is that person human?', finding a quiet place and thinking different creative ways to invent new puppets.

dislike: smoke, being pressured to do something,

up for love: depends

Other: he sometimes carry the wife puppet that his dead uncle made. The puppet is very human like.
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 09, 2010 11:10 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Oh this is cool! And sorry you couldn't go D:

Name: Lila Kraci
Appearance: Waist length blond hair and wide blue eyes framed by thick eyelashes. She is quite tall and she's not thin but she's not fat.
Image:
Personality: Lila is an outgoing, fun loving, brigth spirited person. She's people's 'sunshine'. She's a very strong opinionated person and she's not afraid to show it.
History: Lila's parents died when she was a baby and she was adopted at age three. She loves stories aout far away places so she took this as a major win. She so siked to be here.
Flaws/Vices: She's not very good with rules. And she isn't really the 'respect your elders' type.
Skills/Strengths: She's a people person. Lila is good at cheering people up. She doesn't get homesick often.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Far away places. Fairytales. People. Smiling. Laughing. Dislikes-Being cooped up. History. Being alone to long.
Up for love: Yeah, sure.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 3
Mon May 10, 2010 12:03 am
WordsInMyMind says...

Can I make two? I'll make hosts since no one else has and we kind of need them.

Daughter of host.....

Name: Natashalee Wong

Appearance: Natashalee has long wavy brown hair and her skin is fair. Her deep brown eyes shine like stars. Her teeth are white and straight.

Image:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Natashalee gets away with more than most people do because her family has always hosted kids from America so she was raised like they are. She's's not one to take life for granted and she loves to go out and do things. She's a very live in the moment kind of person. One of those 'live ebery day like your last' kind of people.

History: Natashalee's parent's have always taken in people from the exchange program so she was raised like them. Her parents have lived in America for a good portioinof their life and act like they're still there. They even treat her like she's there sometimes.

Flaws/Vices: Natashalee doesn't like sharing things with people but she will with exchange student to make them feel welcome if she's told by her parents to. She's also bbeen known to hold a grudge. Natashalee has also been known to be a troublemaker.

Skills/Strengths: Natashalee is good around other people. She's good with dealing with new people and accomadating them.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-The cherry blossom trees, new people, America, Americans, Swimming, Summer, Music, Her clothes. Dislikes-When people take her stuff without asking, people that take to long in the bathroom, being cooped up in the house, stereotypes.

Up for love: Yes

Name: Tye Lee

Appearance: Tye has shortish long brown hair and kind brown eyes. He always wears a necklace on a leather string. He is tall and muscular. Usually has some kind of scratch or bruise.

Image:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tye is loud but is normally quieter around new people. He is used to random people being in his house and thinks nothing of it. He too was raised like American children so he's not the whole 'respect your elders' as much as others are. He loves to laugh but he also loves to fight, sometimes to defend people and sometimes just because he can. He gets in trouble a lot.

History: Tye's parents have always taken in American exchange students, even before he was born. He's been raised around strangers so he doesn't really think anything of it. He also has a record of fighting, but it's usually to defend people.

Flaws/Vices: Gets into fights for no reason sometimes. Has a short temper. Usually has to get his way. Can't stay in one place for to long (ADD), not a good listener, doesn't always do what he's told.

Skills/Strengths: Fighting, arguing, being nice around people,

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Being outside, wandering, meeting new people, fighting, running, swimming, doing something other than sitting around, karate. Dislikes-Having to stay in one place to long, obnoxious people, sitting still, following directions.

Up for love: Yeah, I guess.
HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI!

Annoying, huh?

Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am
WordsInMyMind says...

Oh, and if anyone needs a picture I found a good one...here's the link...

http://files.myopera.com/brokenheartvn/ ... ting20.jpg
HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI! HI!

Annoying, huh?

199 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2010 5:31 am
Apple says...

Great profiles, everyone! I hope to start very soon. I know I said that before, but I really don't know what else to say. And thank you fiction, I'm very angry at my mother right now.
I spy!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon May 10, 2010 12:23 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Mhrreeow! ^_^ *hophop* OK! I can't fill out the profile this minute, but I will later =3

ps: She's going to be a visiting family member to one of the host families. Is that ok?
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

199 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2010 9:34 pm
Apple says...

Sure, Whiteshadow.
I spy!

199 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 6:48 am
Apple says...

Okay I have now made a DT. When Shadow posts her profile, we'll begin! At least I hope, that is if nothing happens till then.
I spy!

Wed May 12, 2010 12:08 am
WordsInMyMind says...

Just let me know when this starts. This is a really good idea.

And I'm sorry you couldn't go D: That really sucks that you couldn't go.

Annoying, huh?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed May 12, 2010 11:37 pm
fictionfanatic says...

When are we starting this? This is a really good idea and I don't want to wait!
Live, Love, Laugh

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11