z

Young Writers Society

No Love For The Weak

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 09, 2010 11:18 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Zach smiled softly, his brow creased in worry, and carefully lifted Jada up in one sweep, nodding to the cops before walking down the street and starting the long trek back to the high school.

**Ahh, sorry gotta go. I would make it longer, but you know why I can;t! SorrY! BYE!!**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon May 10, 2010 12:23 am
SisterItaly says...

Zach picked me up, and started walking back towards the school.
"You don't have to carry me." i crossed my arms across my chest.
"We both know it will be faster if i carry you." I sighed he was right. he stumbled a bit, i wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shirt. He cuckled a bit.

"It's not funny."
"I think it is." he smiled as i looked up at him.
"Thank you." He looked confused,
"For what?"
"everything." I leaned my head into his chest.
"Oh, it was nothing." I looked up to him,
"No, it wasn't nothing. If it wasnt for you..." he cut me off
"Alright, i get it. Just don't bring that up."
"okay, im sorry."
"you dont need to be." i rested my head back on his chest as we pulled onto school grounds.

I looked around, every one was looking at us. Anthony stared at us, menicingly. I wimpered putting my face back in his chest. His grip tightened. Did he see anthony to?
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2010 2:55 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach walked into the school, his eyes straying to Jada's ankle slowly. "Does your ankle hurt?" He asked softly, eyes shooting to Anthony and setting in a glare. Jada took in a breath, and nodded slowly, whimpering. "Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm going to sign us out, and head to the hospital, okay?" She just nodded. Zach smiled softly and set her down in a velvet chair in the office.

"Hello Zach." The secretary smiled, Zach giving a friendly grin in return.

"Hey Mrs. Marty. I need to sign my friend and I out. She twisted her ankle, and I'm going to take her to my dad." Mrs. Marty got all dreamy eyed.

"Ahh, your father," she sighed dreamily, having once dating Dr. Reid in middle school before he met. She quickly regained her composure. "Of course, I just need you to sign some things first." Zach nodded, signing each and every paper thrown at him.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2010 10:05 am
SisterItaly says...

He asked me if my ankle hurt, i just nodded. He took me into the office and set me down on a chair so he could sigh us out. I examined my ankle, it was a little bruised and swollen. I looked up to the door. There was at least ten people all pressing there faces to the door to see what was going on, they looked between me and zach. Anthony was one of them. I shuddered.

Zach camed back over and picked me up. I didn't realize he had came back over so i jumped a little, then put my arms back around his neck and hid my face agian.
"You okay?" He started walking towards the door
"im fine." I could here the doubt in my voice.

I heard him grunt and looked up a bit, he was glaring at anthony. I shuddered and buried my face again. Every one walked away. leaving us alone. He took me outside and set me in his truck.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 3:55 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach walked to his truck slowly, carefully setting Jada in the front seat and buckling her seatbelt. He walked around, to his side, opened the door, got in, and started the car, slowly pulling out of the school. He drove the ten miles to the hospital his father worked out, stepped out, picked Jada up once again , and walked into the hospital, all without saying a single word.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 am
SisterItaly says...

Zach was quite the whole ride. What was wrong? was he mad at me? When he pulled up to the hospitable he still said nothing. He came around and picked me up, still saying nothing. Then took me into the hospitable, which i had been in before, no thanks to rich. One time after rich had beat me i was to sore to move, and i could hardly talk so from the 'kindness in his heart' he took me to the hospitable.

of course he lied to them and told them i fell down a flight of stairs. I shuddered at the memory and looked around. Every one was busy doing something. He walked up to the front desk and stumbled a bit again. I shot my arms up and wrapped them around his neck.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 11:01 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach growled at how clumsy he was being, with was out of the ordinary, and looked at the nurse, grinning sweetly. "We need to see my father." He smiled, moving his arms so he could get a batter hold on Jada.

"He's with a-"

"We need to see him now." Zach spoke in a deep tone, gazing at the nurse darkly. Surprised at Zach's unusual character, the nurse quickly dialed a few numbers, calling for Dr. Reid.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 11:12 am
SisterItaly says...

Zach was being uncharacteristically commanding. Just like rich had been. I shuddered, pulling my arms down and looking around. i didnt like how close his hand had gotton to my butt. I shifted moving his hand back down to behind my knees and his other to my back. But he just moved it back.

I closed my eyes, breathing deeply. I wasnt even with this guy and he was going to become abusive. when i opened them dr reid was coming down the hall. He smiled at me shaking his head. Obviously not knowing what happened.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**Aww, Zach wouldn't do that, unless you want him to?**

Zach shook his head at his father, who smiled as kindly as possible. "What happened?" His father asked, and instantly Zach calmed.

"It's a long story, but I think she fractured her ankle, judging by the swelling and discoloration." Zach nodded to the one he was keeping higher that the other, by putting his palm under Jada's thigh, and fingers under the other.

"I think you're right. I'll order an x-ray, okay Jada?" His father's kind eyes turned to the girl in Zach's arms.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 11:00 pm
SisterItaly says...

*Jada is probably being paranoid, it takes more then one day to get over an abusive relation ship, i know, not personally*

Jada nodded, looking up to zach and smiling. Her stomache started to churn, she gripped it tightly. Zach was talking to his dad. She closed her eyes tightly, she was going to be sick.
"Jada, are you okay? Your turning white." she looked at dr. ried. Leaning a bit.
"I think im going to be sick." Just as she said it she felt it coming up her throat. She covered her mouth. NO! she couldnt be sick, she had been watching what she was eating. It must be those pancakes from this morning!

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 12:07 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach quickly ran for the bathroom, Jada crouching over the porcelin bowl and emptying the contents of her stomach while Zach held her thick mass of ebony hair back. With a smiff, Jada stood up slowly, Zach hugging her small frame to his body with a small, worried frown. A nurse brought them a cup of ice water, as Zach made his way back to the hosital room, supporting Jada as she drank slowly.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, generally worried.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 12:14 am
SisterItaly says...

I nodded looking up at him.
"It happens all the time when i eat."
Rich had always made me throw up after eating. It eventually became a habit. He looked so concerned. He was a good guy, i dont know how it was possible, this generation wasnt supposed to have good guys. They're were to many bad ones, rich, my brother, anthony. I shuddered thinking about them.
"Zach..." I looked back up at him.
"Ya? What's wrong, are you going to be sick again?" I shook my head.
"I hate getting sick." He smiled and rubbed my back. I wasn't going to tell him how i felt yet, i wasn't sure. I had to get my feelings sorted out first.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 12:37 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach smiled softly. "Miss Reid?" A nurse came in, looking at Jada. Zach's father must have changed Jada's last name temporarially to put her on their insurance. Jada nodded and stood up, Zach helping her sit back down in the wheelchair. He pecked her on the cheek softly, standing and smiling softly as they wheeled her to the x-ray room.

"Okay hun, this'll only take a few minutes." The nurse smiled, taking the first few snaps.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 12:45 am
SisterItaly says...

did she say, miss Reid? No, no i was imagining things. Zach kissed my cheek. I fought back tears as my heart flutter and jumped. I had never been kissed so, sweetly. Kissing rich was always a grimy disgusting make-out fest. she wheeled me into the x-ray room. i disliked x-rays. I didn't hate them, because they help doctors, but i didn't like how i had to move my ankle. I whimpered when she turned it to the side.
"I'm sorry did that hurt?" I nodded.
she smiled and helped me into the chair. Wheeling back out to zach, who was talking to his father.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 1:00 am
Chupatoasta says...

"They saw him! Outside of the school no less, and didn't even do anything?!" Zach shouted, fuming.

"They weren't allowed to take him into custody, since he was reported to the district police and not the state police." Dr. Reid sighed.

"If I see him..." Zach started.

"Zach, you have to be careful. Don't do anything too rash if you do see Rich hanging around." His father warned. "Last thing I need is my eldest son getting arrested for murder." His father was joking, trying to lighten the mood, but it obviously failed.

"I swear if that bastard so much as comes within a hundred miles from Jada, I'll kill h-" Zach stopped talking when Jada appeared, smiling softly at her when the nurse wheeled her in. He couldn't tell her. He couldn't have her worrying about Rich getting her, especially when he had been spotted out side of the school that morning by the Sheriff.
George Bernard Shaw

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero