z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed May 12, 2010 12:49 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

I spread out my wings and flew upwards. I was heading towards the caves where we lived.

I had just been scouting the perimeter, as usual. It wasn't really necessary- it just gave me time to think. I flew into the caves and folded my wings. You could still see them, though, as with everyone.

"Anything happen while I was gone?" I asked.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed May 12, 2010 1:00 am
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

I landed in he large cave where we lived and dropped a basket of fish for dinner to the ground. "Someone start the fire." These words echoed off the walls, one of the few things that are bad about this place. You can never have a private conversation in here because the walls reflect all sounds. I sat and closed my eyes to rest for a moment.

I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep until someone shook me awake. I was so strange like that. When I sleep I can hear all of the sounds around me. When I dream the sounds have now just become no more than background noise "Hey, we're eating now."
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Wed May 12, 2010 1:04 am

Blaise is really in love with Kaylee. I don't really care if she breaks his heart though. It's up to you, Fanatic. ^^

Blaise
"Hey, we're eating now," I said, trying to wake up Kaylee. She sat up with a start. My voice echoed all around the cave, so it wasn't exaclty hard to hear.

So this is what we had come to- from luxurious dinners with the village, to fish that we had to cook over a fire. I shook away the thought, coming back to Earth as the fish was passed around.

"This is really good," I heard someone say. I wasn't paying to much attention and the caves distorted voices so much you couldn't tell who it was sometimes. I was pretty sure it was Blake.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Nice catch, Kaylee."
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 am
ultraviolet says...

Blake

I pulled my arm back, let go of my bow string, and swoosh the arrow sped through the air, landing on the bulls eye. What else was new? I practiced every day, and perfection always met me. That's why I loved my twin daggers; there was always the risk of drawing your own blood. Much more exhilarating.

The sun was hot, and I had already been out here for an hour. I wiped a drop of sweat off my brow. Through my peripheral vision I could see Michel... seeing me. Why was it that whenever I was practicing near home, he was always staring? It was so annoying. That was one of the reasons I liked to go deep into the woods to train.

"Hey, we're eating now," I heard Blaise say. I knew he probably wasn't talking to me, but the voices echoed off the cave walls, and I heard him anyways.

Ignoring Michel, I walked past him into the cave, our home. I sat down and took some of the fish that was that night's dinner. It was better than most.

"This is really good," I said, savoring it.

"Yeah, nice catch Kaylee." Blaise agreed. I simply nodded my head. It seemed that whenever there was a reason to compliment Kaylee--and sometimes when there wasn't--he did. I may not be an expert when it comes to relationships--OK, about as opposite as expert as you can get--but I knew something was up. Call it was a girl thing.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

I sighed with relief. Blake was taking flight. She couldn’t have noticed anything. The only time he wasn’t totally sure of himself was around her. He hated it. His eyes had even started playing tricks on him! He had heard something about food mentioned. So after waiting a few minutes he also flew up to the main caves.
He landed lightly. Blocking out his frustrated thoughts, he put on his swagger as he went to sit by the fire. It was fish, one of his favorites. He grabbed some and started eating, ignoring the light conversations that had started. Right now he just wanted to eat. Or that’s what he told himself so he didn’t have to think.

Random avatar

Wed May 12, 2010 1:52 am

Blaise

I finished eating pretty quickly and stood up, wanting to go flying. I told everyone else-- not that they probably cared, but keeping tabs on each other was kind of a habit-- and then said, "I'm going to go find some more palm leaves." We always needed them for some reason or another. "Anyone else can come if they like."
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 am
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"I'll come with," I volunteered. Any reason to get out of this over-crowded cave. Besides, Blaise was cool. I mean, sure, he could be totally immature and juvenile, but when he wanted, when we were training together, he could get into it. He was one of the only one's here that could even come close to matching my fighting and strategical skills.

I could have simply flown down the hill to go look, but I descended on foot instead. I didn't fly if I could help it. Blaise flew, but kept pace with me. Also, he didn't try to make like conversation, for which I was ever so grateful.

We got to the bottom of the hill and started through the forest.

"So...," I said. "You like Kaylee."

Anyone else he would have shaken off, joking around, but he knew I was serious--I was always serious. He turned to me, and hesitated. Then he opened his mouth to speak.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Blaise

Anyone else wouldn't have noticed. Anyone else wouldn't have brought it up. But Blake was the kind of girl who you could trust with anything... and who made you test that trust a lot.

"Kind of, yeah," I muttered, not making eye contact as we continued down the hill.

"Really? Just kind of?" Blake asked, raising her eyebrows. "I have a hard time believing that."

"Hey, I added a yeah to the end," I protested. Blake grinned. "Yes, Blake, I do," I said, sighing. "But I really wouldn't like you to say a word to Kaylee. It'll mean nothing to her and just add more complications."
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

48 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 2:35 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Michel
"I'm going to go find some more palm leaves. Anyone else can come if they like." Said Blaise.
I gulped down my last piece of fish, and was about to jump up when Blake did. No chance I was going with her. No one else wanted to go either. Most complained that it was way too hot. “Hey” I said “Does anyone want to go to the waterfall for a swim with me. It could totally cool us off.” As I stood up so did Eli, Marvel, Ester, and Kaylee.
The air felt good as we flew. We were making really good time. I swerved this way and that sometimes going under the canopy layer. Flying was the best thing ever invented.

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"Don't worry about it, Blaise. I won't tell a soul." And I meant it.

We were starting to enter the woodsy part of the island. I saw some peculiar trees with fruit hanging down on them. They were piltor trees.

A piltor is a lot like a pomegranate, except that they are royal blue. In one smooth motion, I unsheathed one of my twin daggers, which were always strapped onto my belt, and swung it over the piltor, which dropped into my outstretched hand.

"Showoff," Blaise muttered before plucking one for himself.

We had just eaten, but no one anywhere could refuse a piltor; they were just that good.

Blaise held his palm out flat, with the fruit resting on top of it. This was routine. As usual, he took my piltor, and I reached for my second dagger. In a series of swipes and slices, the piltor shell broke open, revealing the seeds inside.

As pomegranate seeds look like perfect little rubies, a piltor seed looks like a perfect little sapphire.

Blaise held out his other palm, which held my piltor, and I repeated the motions, then sheathed my blades. He gave me my fruit, and we both began plucking the seeds, tasting the bitter sweetness that we loved.

"You're getting better at that. You didn't even cut me this time." Blaise teased.

"Oh, it was barely a scrape. You are such a baby."

"It was bleeding. I have a scar. See." He held his hand out and showed me. Sure enough, there was a faint little line when my blades had torn his skin.

It felt nice to joke around. Out of everyone on the island, Blaise was one of the only people I could truly call a friend.

I pushed his hand away. "Wimp."

~asofterworld.com

48 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 4:35 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Michel
Michel striped down to his jeans, and dove down into the waterfall. He laughed. The water felt so good. It plashed his face his skin. He pulled up just before he hit the water so he didn’t hit the rocks.
“Ahh” This was the life.
“Canon – ball” Marvel screamed as he wrapped his wings around himself. Water sprayed everywhere when he hit the water. It slapped Ester in the face and she lunged, a huge grin on her face.
“I’m going to rip off your wings one at a time you traitor!”
Michel loved swimming it put everyone in a good mood. He flew up. The water sprayed him lightly. He landed on a rock next to Kaylee. She was tanning, her wings spread out feet dangling in the water.
“Hey” she said.
"so I hear you enjoy watching people train" Kaylee was like an older sister. She knew stuff about everyone, which was sometimes a good thing when you needed to talk. But, usually it was annoying.

“What do you know?” I snapped defensively.
Last edited by ArahniaSiddel on Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed May 12, 2010 8:44 pm
Dragonet says...

Hey can I join? I don't care it I can't, so if you don't want me to, please just say so.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Random avatar

Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Blaise

"I seriously think I'm going to have to wound you seriously if you call me that again," I said, mock-threateningly. "So, what about you and Michel?" I raised an eyebrow.

She turned red. "What about us?"

"Obviously he likes you," I said, shrugging, "And I wanted to pry since you've taken the liberty to do that already."

She looked at me, slightly annoyed. "Why should I tell you?"

"Maybe because we're friends," I said, "And because I answered you."
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

262 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 11:07 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

"What makes you think we're friends?" I asked, mockingly.

"Come on, I can keep a secret," he said.

"If you must know," I said. "nothing. That's what's going on. He's annoying. He always watches me train, it's so aggravating."

"That's because he likes you," Blaise said in a sing-song voice, turning around and walking backwards.

"I don't know why I put up with you," I said, sighing. "You're almost as immature as Michel is." Blaise looked like he was about to say something, but I cut him off. "And, no, that is not a good thing."

Blaise was like a brother to me. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. Right now, he was leaning towards bad.

"Sure.... I believe that," he said.

"Whatever," I said tossing the remains of my piltor at a bush. "Come on, let's get the palm branches."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Blaise

I laughed. No one could aggravate Blake for long, but when you could, it was funny as long as you didn't push your limit. "Alright, I'll drop the topic," I said, still chuckling. "Let's get the palm leaves."

We walked out towards the palm trees. Suddenly, I heard a growling sound. "Crap," I muttered, "Looks like le wolves got here first."
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing