Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:58 pm
Dragonet says...

A.J.

"So," I asked, "what's up with your wings?"

"Oh, we happened to stumble across a potion that could make our wings go away for 12 hours." She replied. I nodded, that made sense. "So they come back at night. But we are winged ones, just like you"

Suddenly Caroline turned to Ellie as if she just remembered something important. "Ellie, how are we going to get a shot for him?"

"Don't worry," Ellie smiled, "I have a couple extra left over." She turned to me, "come on, lets go get it."

"Um," I said hesitantly.

"What?"

"Shouldn't we wait until morning? Because in twelve hours..." I waited for Ellie to add up the math. I wanted my wings to come out at night just like everyone else, and for that to happen I would need to take the shot in the morning so that twelve hours later my wings would come back, at night.
Last edited by Dragonet on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:14 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Why was I such an idiot? I should have stood up, raced after him, called out, flew off, something. Instead I just sat there, legs pulled close, arms on knees, head on arms, not talking, not crying, barely breathing. Not thinking, just staring. And Michel would probably hate me.

Why was I always so closed off? I'm risking one of the best things that has ever happened to me simply because I don't want to talk about my feelings, because I'm not spontaneous, I don't run after people. I sit, stare, and eventually think of a plan, or words to say, if any. But I can't keep expecting people to wait for the words.

Michel deserves better.

I decided from now on I'm going to be more like Michel, more spontaneous. Let's see how well that works.

I stood up, still mostly staring ahead, and walked outside where I heard laughter.

Michel was flying with Marvel. Huh. I had kind of forgotten that Marvel was here; I never talked to him.

I walked over to Blaise, who was by himself. "Wanna fly?" I asked.

He looked at me like I was crazy--he knew my distaste for flying more than anyone. But I would be more spontaneous, more fun. And flying was a start.

After I reassured him that I was serious, he agreed, and we took off.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:04 pm
Calligraphy says...

The wind was in my hair and it felt good just to fly. It made me forget. I did I tight corkscrew down then took an updraft back up to Marvel. "I bet I can beat that" He flew straight to the ground only pulling up a few feet from broken bones. It was a game we had played from the first time I had flown with him. I had gotten the hand of flying only after a half an hour, and by the time I had found the winged ones I was good enough to show off. "Lame" I laughed both of us new it wasn't. "You should learn from the best." I gave myself some height then did a series of tight loops, a hard maneuver with big wings.

But, I stopped before I could do my awesome dive. My wings stopped working. Blake was flying, with Blaise. I fell a few feet then finally recovered myself and flew back to Marvel. I was confused and shocked have fun with Blaise just moments after she didn't even say one word to me. She was flying! She hated flying, despised flying. I had only gotten her to fly with me two times, and now she was doing it of her own free will. A bad taste filled my mouth, and my jaw clenched. "Man, your losing your touch." But, as he said it he glanced at Blake and Blaise and I knew he knew what had really made me fall.

I shook my head forcing the lump in my throat back down, "Can you do better?" I asked sounding cold and harsh. I didn't pay attention to him. I concentrated on making myself numb. What was going through Blake's mind? Why couldn't she talk to me? Why didn't she stop me? Did she still want me? Why could she laugh with Blaise? "Michel" I looked up. "Hey, you need to go talk to her, or go think about what your going to say cus if you don't you're going to be miserable. I can tell. We can fly later, and if you need something just ask. k?" I just turned and dived down to a tree. I sat and watched her. So many thoughts were going through my head it was crazy. I pulled out my music. I had bought the cheapest one I could find at the mall, it had only cost 20$. I sighed realizing I hadn't put any music on it yet.

I pulled my jacket closer I had goose bumps. The sun was down, but I usually wouldn't be cold. I closed my eyes, and pulled my knees up close to my chin. After what seemed to be forever, but could have only been a moment something moved. My eyes flew open.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Thanks for bringing me in! Sorry this post is short, I have to go back and read everything that's happened.Let's just pretend Marvel's been here the whole time... not doing anything, eh?

Marvel-

Flying with Michel was awesome. I hadn't felt so free in a long time. It was great to just fly with a friend, one who didn't ask anything of you. Everything seemed perfect until Blaise pulled his crap. I covered it up nonchalantly, not wanting Michel to notice. But she did. I had never talked to the guy or his friend Blake, but I didn't let anyone hurt my friends. I would get back at him, although I would let Michel handle the other one. And Blaise would regret it. I looked back at Michel. "Hey, you need to go talk to her, or go think about what you're going to say cus, if you don't you're going to be miserable. I can tell. We can fly later, and if you need something just ask. Okay?"
She nodded. I went off to find something new to do.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Dreamy115 wrote:Thanks for bringing me in! Sorry this post is short, I have to go back and read everything that's happened.Let's just pretend Marvel's been here the whole time... not doing anything, eh?

Marvel-

Flying with Michel was awesome. I hadn't felt so free in a long time. It was great to just fly with a friend, one who didn't ask anything of you. Everything seemed perfect until Blaise pulled his crap. I covered it up nonchalantly, not wanting Michel to notice. But she did. I had never talked to the guy or his friend Blake, but I didn't let anyone hurt my friends. I would get back at him, although I would let Michel handle the other one. And Blaise would regret it. I looked back at Michel. "Hey, you need to go talk to her, or go think about what you're going to say cus, if you don't you're going to be miserable. I can tell. We can fly later, and if you need something just ask. Okay?"
He nodded. I went off to find something new to do.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Random avatar

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:33 pm
Calligraphy says...

um... Micheal is a dude...

262 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:07 am
ultraviolet says...

Nice... Anyways, yeah, normally it's spelled Michael. It's not Michelle. Michel and Blake like each other, so Michel's mad that he couldn't get Blake to fly more than twice, but she willingly went with Blaise. You can read why.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:11 pm
Yuriiko says...

Caroline:

"Yeah, he's right," I nodded with an agreement. Even though he didn't finish his sentence, still I knew something he was concerned about. He couldn't possibly have his wings during daylight.

"In that case, let's wait until morning then." Ellie smiled as she stood up from the bench and stretched her body a bit. As I looked the dim surrounding around me, I could feel mosquitoes around us, but what really made me uncomfortable was A.J's obvious stare. He was giving me like you-killed-my-mother stare and it seemed a little bit awkward and kind of scary too. Chills transmitted down my spine.

"Can we go back now?" Ellie asked.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

Random avatar

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michel

I looked up. It was Blake. I met her eyes, but couldn't read them so I stared at my feet. When I looked at her I wanted her, and knowing I couldn't have her, or at least that's what she was telling me, made my stomach hurt. I jumped from the tree flapping my wings once to break my fall. If she wasn't going to try with me, why should I try to make things work with her? Why did she even go to where I was? Why? Why? Why? I was confused, hurt, and depressed. It wasn't a very good combination.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Geez guys! I never get a chance to post any more. Can someone plaease fill me in? Again. Greatly appreciated. I'll post later today when I find out what's happening.
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:56 pm
Calligraphy says...

I'm so sorry I will only let myself post once a day from now on.... :(

262 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:42 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

After I flew some with Blaise, my stomach wasn't feeling well and I was tired, but it was better than it normally would have been. Maybe flying from the wolves gave me endurance, at least a little.

So now I was going to go by Michel, and ask him to talk--in a very un-Blake way.

When I met his eyes, he looked away and jumped down from the tree he was in. He started to walk away, but I caught up to him and tugged on his arm.

He turned and looked down at me. It was then that I realized three things. One: He was at least three inches taller than me. Two: His gorgeous deep purple sapphire eyes were enough to make my heart almost stop. Three: This was going to be a lot harder than I thought. And that was saying something; you know, my whole "no hope" thing.

"Yes?" he asked, sounding irritated.

A little voice in my head started talking to me. What are you doing? You don't do this kind of thing. Besides, it's obvious he doesn't want to talk. At least not to you. You had your chance, and you blew it.You should just find some cave and hole up.

It took all of my willpower not to do that. Instead for a few awkward moments we just stared at each other. I bit my lip. I had so many thing to say to him; so why couldn't I just say them? After a minute of silence he turned to leave.

I reached my hand out and touched his arm.

"Look I'm sorry!" I said rushed. I had to get it out. And now that I had, I had so much more to say.

"I'm sorry that I'm so difficult. And I'm sorry that I don't talk. And I'm sorry that I'm so closed off. And I'm sorry that I'm not more spontaneous and outgoing. I'm sorry that I'm not more like you."

Michel looked about to say something, but I cut him off.

"But I'm trying. That's why I went flying with Blaise; I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone, to be more out there. For you.

"And I'm sorry that I made such a big deal about your lip ring. I can still kiss you, even with it."

And I leaned up, and that's what I did.

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm
Dragonet says...

Sorry fantic, I would explain what's going on but I'm going to the dentist in a few minutes and I have to get ready. :( Sorry!
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Random avatar

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michel

I wasn't ready for her to kiss me. Thoughts were reeling through my brain. She was sorry? Suddenly all my defenses crumpled. I kissed her back for a moment, but at the same time I was thinking about her words. I pulled away.

"You want to be more like me?"
"Yes." I looked into her blue eyes.
"don't," I whispered," I love you the way you are. I mean, I am a show off, I am prideful, I ...." Blake put a finger to my lips.
"I like you the way you are." I kissed her.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:47 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

It had been a long day, and I was tired. I forgot about everything else outside, and went in to sleep. As soon as the cool night air was gone, my nausea came back. I moaned, and plopped sown on the couch, laying my head on Ashton's lap. I stroked my hair, and I closed my eyes, welcoming the sleep.

When I woke up, I was laying on the couch still, but Ashton wasn't there. I lifted my head and looked around. Some of the others were sitting here, while the others where, well, doing whatever it was they did. I laid my head back down, my head still hurting. I closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep again.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones