z

Young Writers Society

Contracts

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon May 10, 2010 8:39 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ace (thief):

The man slumped over as I withdrew my now crimson colored dagger from his chest. Killing was not my goal tonight but when he began following me I had no other choice. I couldn't afford for anyone who might be out to get me to find my darling little Delaney.

I wiped the blood onto his white shirt and casually walked away as if nothing had happened. Luckily I killed him in a place where he wouldn't be found for some time. Before I slipped into my house I checked the streets. No one was about so I could enter with ease.

I closed the door tightly and trudged up the stairs of my store to where we lived. In a way my house was like an Annex, hidden from people. Cracking open my bedroom door I gazed at Delaney's sleeping body. She has no idea what her mother is.
Live, Love, Laugh

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Mon May 10, 2010 8:59 pm
Jas says...

Delilah

This murder was quick and mercifully, the grandmother asleep as I took her life. A steady sweep of the knife to her neck and she was dead. Now my contracter, the now deceased woman's grandson, would inherit his fortune. He didn't explain much more than that as I went to pick up the rest of my pay but his disgusting smirk as he looked me up and down, showed me what he wanted. For a little more, he got his fantasy and I left, wiping my mouth and spitting profusely.

It was dark as I went back to the bar. I nodded to the bartender and picked up my low-cut dress for my other job and changed in the outhouse. The bartender, of course, didn't know about what I did all day but he assumed, like many others than I did just as I did at night. I went into the bar and sat in one of the chairs, readjusting my dress so my more attractive features would show a bit more. Only a couple of minutes later, a man who seemed drunk out of his mind came and sat in the chair besides me.

"So what's your name?" He asked, his breath smelling of sour, stale beer.

"Dorothy," I replied in a sweet yet seductive voice.

"Why don't you wait for me outside for a little while I pay for my drinks, then we can go to my house," He said, his hands reaching for my legs.

"For a price," I answered, pushing his hands away.

His smile was coy as he replied, "Of course".

I walked out smiling, my hips sashaying, knowing he was probably staring, mouth agape. I went across the street and stood against the wood building, letting the candle's light, held on the open window shine on me.

My next customer came out soon after and stumbled across the street to me but suddenly a shadow on the wall across from me came alive and pulled him away. God damn it. Either the man would be killed or held hostage. So much for making a little bit more money tonight.

I returned to the bar, but the ones who normally picked up prostitutes were gone for the night with their whores. I sighed and went to the well, lowering down into my "home".
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 pm
Apple says...

Gabriel: Bounty Hunter

I ran across the top of the building, my hands outspread around me so I wouldn't plummet to my death. There was the still good chance I would loose my balance and fall to my untimely demise, but hopefully that wouldn't be today.

Stopping abruptly, I stared quizzically across the street. There was a wicker of light coming from a bar on the far side of the corner. Narrowing my eyes I lowered my body into a crouch staring across the top of the bank.

'...Are you willing to kill this man?' My most recent client asked, pulling a small yet intricate sketch of a man in his mid 30's. "Of course!" I had replied, "Though, at a hefty price." He began to laugh in a low monotone. “You bounty hunters make me sick, though you get the job done.”

The sound of footsteps coming down the cobble stone street forced me away from my thoughts. I peered over the edge to see a rather chubby man dawdling down the lonesome road. He whistled sweetly, spinning a chain that was attached to the pocket of his pinstripe suit.

A small smile clouded my face, this was my man. Moving liquidly from my hiding spot I began to back trail, slinking as quietly as I could manage through the shadows. I began to climb down the building, using the unstable ladder I had managed to craft.

Hitting the floor with a thud, I took in a deep breath; Show time. Walking into the middle of the street, I coughed into my palm. The man turned simultaneously, his smile turning into a horrified expression. He froze as he saw the large knives I held tightly in my hands.

"Are you Christian Morton?" I asked in a non-emotive voice. I knew he was. I just wanted to make him fear his own life before I vanquished the essence within him. He shook his head furiously, "No...No I'm his third cousin’s friend, Jonathan!" He began to stumble backwards, his features a wall of terror.

I slinked towards him, smiling. "There is a large bounty on your head, Christian!" He gasped, "I'm not Christian-" I smiled taking a few steps towards him, "I want that bounty, Chris." I rushed towards him before he could comprehend a defence tactic.

Sliding my dagger under the fat of his neck I smiled evilly, "Do not lie to me!" I snapped. He froze, "Who hired you?" Simultaneously, I slid the dagger across his neck, blood spraying across my shirt. Moving backwards, a lock of brown hair fell into my face."That sir is none of your concern."
I spy!

336 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2010 9:39 pm
Jas says...

:) I love this story book soooo much :)
I am nothing

~*~

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 10, 2010 10:55 pm
kidashka says...

~Shari~

I walked through the alleyway briskly, my head down to avert any attention. A young, feeble-looking woman was easy pickings at this time of night, and I had more than once been at the wrong end of a knife whilst pressed against a wall.

I glanced up briefly to check my surroundings. Only a single figure, about five metres away from me. Keep head down, keep head down, I repeated internally as a private mantra. Maybe today luck would be on my side.

Slam. Or not. I swallowed nervously, feeling the stranger's weight press against my neck, and humid breath on my face. I turned my face away as best I could with the restricted movement I was allowed. Oh god, he was choking me. I spluttered, trying to push the thug off with weak struggles.

"Please - get off - I've got money - valua - valuables. Please-" I managed to cough out through faltering breaths. A twisted smile appeared on his face.

"I think you know what I want."

I stopped struggling for a moment, eyes widening. In that case, it was time for the last resort. I screamed at the top of my lungs, only stopping as my attacker slapped me violently around the face, and I crumpled slightly, eyes scanning the alley desperately for someone to help me. But then, who was I kidding? No-one was going to help-

Thuump. I paused midthought as the thug suddenly released his grip on me, falling to the floor, out cold. Someone had come to help me? I glanced to the side disbelievingly. Oh. Of course.

"Daniel!" I exclaimed, before crouching over the unconscious beast of a man, searching his pockets meticulously for any valuables. "I'm sure that's the fifth time you've helped me out in as many meetings." I continued in a distracted tone, a grin spreading over my face as I retrieved a heavy bag of coins. Thank you, karma. Looking up at the assassin, my gaze softened. "If you ever need a favour, you know where to come."

He shrugged nonchalantly. "You don't need to-"

"No," I cut him off, "I owe you."
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

336 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 9:36 pm
Jas says...

*bump*
I am nothing

~*~

33 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 9:38 pm
kidashka says...

Gaaah I want someone to reply.
More character interaction needed!!
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

336 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 10:15 pm
Jas says...

I guess I could reply...but it would be better if someone else did too :)

Delilah

The sewer water lapped up to my knees but didn't reach my thigh-high dress. I reached the metal door that was covered in dirt and slime and God knows what else. After entering, I went straight to my room and tried to change but something stopped me.

"Were you going to have, uh, "business" with that man tonight?"

"Noah! Was that you! You killed him just because I was going to have business with him! My goodness, what is the matter with you?" I replied angrily, pushing away his hands from my shoulder.

"No. He was in my contracts. You shouldn't have to degrade yourself to that whore work," He answered, sliding his thin body in front of my door.

"Oh, so now I'm a whore? You owe me the money I would have made tonight,"

He smirked and replied in a strange voice, "But I'm not getting what I'm paying for". I rolled my eyes and pushed him away, entering my room. It was quite a while later when the unexpected guest came in.
I am nothing

~*~

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 pm
Day says...

*I'll post just to move it along, but sorry it isn't very long.

Daniel:

Just as I was approaching the barracks I had a strange urge to go back and talk to Shari, so I turned around and began retracing my steps. It took me all of two minutes to get back to the market, but when I got there Shari was no where to be seen. That wasn't like her at all, the market had just opened she wouldn't leave this soon.

Just then a scream came from the second alley down. It only lasted for a a few seconds before stopping abruptly. Moving gracefully I strode down the street and then turned to the alley. A man was looming over Shari, and now I realized that he was choking her. I crossed the distance between us in a few seconds. After wallowing him in the head he promptly fell to the ground, and Shari regained her breath.

What followed was her thanks, and the declaration that she owed me a favor which I obviously denied. "I need to go to see that captain now before I'm too late or else he will be angry with me," I say.

"Oh, that's fine, but could we maybe hang out (how do you say that old style?) sometime? I miss talking with you," Shari replied.

"Of course whenever we both have time, but now I'll be on my way. Would you mind taking him somewhere, so that no one sees him unconscious in the middle of the street?"

"Will do! Hopefully Chris isn't so bad on you for being late."
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

33 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 pm
kidashka says...

*considers summat*

How would my character contact an assassin to ask to kill someone?

336 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 11:02 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

They don't ask to kill. The people ask the killers.
I am nothing

~*~

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Wed May 12, 2010 12:32 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

Yeah, you could simply have your character be asked by some random npc in your next post.
Got YWS?

336 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 12:42 am
Jas says...

Sock, are you going to post tonight? Just wanna know :)
I am nothing

~*~

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Wed May 12, 2010 12:43 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

Oh yeah yeah I was going to, but then somebody else posted here and then I got sidetracked. But yes yes, just give me some time :3
Got YWS?

336 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 1:09 am
Jas says...

Cool :)
I am nothing

~*~

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost