z

Young Writers Society

Lament of Innocence

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Aris

So they wouldn't hurt them. The worst that could happen was they got caught again, and if that happened... well, I would still feel crappy, but at least they wouldn't be dead.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:01 pm
eldEr says...

GARRION

I swallowed and grabbed Selene's arm, leaning close to her ear. "I want ya ta go back to Tarrion. I have a funny feelin' somethin's wrong."

In truth, I would just much rather the two stuck together, it would be safer in so many ways.

TARRION

Okay, so I was officially regretting not curling up on the bed. The painkillers were officially non-effective, and I didn't want to take more. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, begging the others to hurry and come back.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Aris

I could still here them. At least if they could lower their voices a notch...
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:04 pm
kidashka says...

~Taeryn~

There they were. Even if the sound of their hushed voices hadn't given it away, Aris' sudden intake of breath helped alert me to the fact that they were close by. Signalling my soldiers, we fell silent, then slowly edged closer to the sound at my command.

Aris seemed to be getting more and more agitated with every step that was taken, trembling slightly as we moved. After a moment, the voices stopped completely, and silence fell so that I could only hear my own breath. I gestured wordlessly to the warriors to remain completely still. We would see who broke first.

Suddenly, the silence was broken by an unexpected outburst. "Selene! Kale! Run! Get out of here, don't wait for me! Just go, quick-mmph!" Her outburst was muffled by a guard who had recovered from the shock quicker than I, and I sent him a brief look of warning before glaring furiously at Aris. She simply stared back defiantly, her work complete. Our element of surprise had been destroyed.

> If you think that's too god-moddy then ignore it :) I'll be away until monday, just so you all know... and Isha please comment on the DT :smt003 <
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:42 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Selene
I made my way back to Garrion's room and tapped on the door all the while looking for servants. "Tar it's Sel let me in." I said.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

384 Reviews

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:35 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

TARRION

"Tar, it's Sel. Let me in."

I opened my eyes and took a few deep breaths before managing to push myself up and stumble to the door. I twisted the knob and opened the door just enough for Selene to squeeze in before shutting it again. I glanced over at the bed, this was good a time as ever to lay down on that rather than sit against a wall.

I managed to make my way over to it an lie down.

"Do you have Aris?" I asked quietly. I could feel myself slipping. If I passed out now, I was screwed. Stay awake. Just a little longer. I closed my eyes and continued to take deep breaths.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Aris

I had tried and failed to warn them. I sighed. If only they wouldn't be so... so... such good friends my mind said.

Well, it was true.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

33 Reviews

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:45 pm
kidashka says...

So it's now Garrion, Rajun and Tigger? (...and the horses...)

I'll post tomorrow :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

Random avatar

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 am

Yup. Thanks, Kidashka. :D
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

33 Reviews

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:57 pm
kidashka says...

Taeryn

Despite Aris' outburst, there appeared to be no reaction from where I suspected the escapees to be; at least, there had been no noise that I'd heard. A minute of silence passed as I waited for the inevitable sound of fleeing.

Nothing.

Frowning with slight confusion, I gestured to my troupe to resume approaching the hiding place, our silent steps not betraying our position. Even though, thanks to Aris, our cover was already blown unless they suspected we had fled.

Suddenly, a noise, loud and sharp against the silence. It had sounded almost like.... a clap...? But....
My confusion was not at all aided when a group of horses came galloping around the corner, knocking some men aside and leaving a trail of disorientation and bewilderment in their path. What on earth...?

Amongst the sound of hooves fading into the distance, I caught the much closer sound of hurried footprints. Of course. It had been a diversion. I shouted quickly for my soldiers to get a grip, before rushing after the sound of escaping prisoners with a determined expression on my face.

:smt003

Random avatar

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Aris

Taeryn ran after them while a guard held me in place. Escape, escape! I thought. "If you-" I began.

"Shut up, rat," the man snapped, hitting my head with the hilt of his sword. Everything went fuzzy. "This doesn't concern you."

"Yes it-"

Everything went black.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Selene
As soon as Tar asked me whether or not we had Aris I dropped to my knees and sat on the ground bringing them to my chest. "No Tar we didn't. I'm sorry." I said my voice barely a whisper.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

384 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:45 am
eldEr says...

TARRION

I frowned, somehow not convinced that we had done all we could do to get Aris back. The girl was my best friend, no way was I leaving her here with Taeryn. "Don't be sorry yet," I murmered, eyeing the painkillers. I was tempted to take one, but I still felt like I should be saving them.

Pain flared up in my side and I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut.

GARRION

"Keep going!" I hissed, urging Kale on. The boy was being ridiculous! I understood that he loved Aris and all, but standing around and getting caught really wouldn't do the girl much good. "Come on lad, we'll find a way to get her, but right now we've got to focus on escaping ourselves. Dieing on her won't do us much good now will it?"

I gave him a shove and we caught up to Tigger quickly enough.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 am

Aris

I woke up, fuzzy headed. What had happene- oh, yes, I had been knocked out by the guard. I winced as I touched the bump on my head.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

33 Reviews

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:58 pm
kidashka says...

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease write longer posts cause I never know how to respond to short ones D:

~Taeryn~

I ran faster, determination speeding me up. Rajun had been there; I'd seen him just before they'd turned a corner and escaped from sight. But I knew this castle like the back of my hand, guards were scouting every corridor with orders to capture each of them. True enough, Rajun might know his way around, but how would he esape a troupe of soldiers? This time, he was mine.

Suddenly, I heard a shout. "Go! Don't wait, just go!! We'll hold them back!" Garrion? Oh, please no. Not Garrion... I hadn't seen him running with the others earlier, but could I have been mistaken? Even as I sped towards the noise, I prayed with all my heart that Garrion wasn't there, that he hadn't betrayed me.

As I turned the corner and took in the sight awaiting me, I slowed to a stop. "Garrion." I whispered hoarsely. Both he and Rajun were poised ready for battle, obviously having stayed behind to delay us and protect the others. An brief expression of guilt flashed across his face before it was replaced by one that was a mixture of sorrow and anger. "What you're doing is wrong, Taeryn. Let them go."

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, then reached for my sword. "You are both traitors to the throne, and will be duly executed." I uttered softly, wishing I could in some way redeem Garrion from the fate he had chosen for himself. Capturing Rajun was intended to be a glorious moment, but all I could feel was regret.

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily