z

Young Writers Society

Lament of Innocence

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

You were exiled. Or maybe you're a theif. Or you know something you shouldn't. Either way, you ended up here. With us. In the dungeons of the largest castle in all of Rayleon, and you want to get out. Enter me. I'm going to help you get out. I swear it.

When Aris meets Rajun, she knows her luck has turned around. Because he wants to save them, all of them. He agrees to let ARis and the others in her dungeon free- under one condition. They have to try to defeat the wicked Talen, the queen of the castle and Rajun's mother, and come back for Thaylea- the most heavily guarded person in the castle- and the true queen of Rayleon.

Escapees:
Aris-Me!
There is almost no limit to the escapees, except 15, where it just gets plain confusing.

Castle:
Guards-Open
Talen-Open
Thaylea-Open
Also, you can be a prince of a princess of the castle if you like.

Other position ideas are accepted, but please, nothing so random that it's just plain weird. Thanks!

Fill This Out to Join:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills: [this isn't powers- this is skills.]
Weaknesses:
History:
Other:
Last edited by sunstarfrozenlife on Sat May 15, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm
Threnody says...

Name: Talen

Appearance: Talen has sleek straight white/blonde hair that reaches about mid back. She likes putting it up in very elaborate hairstyles. She has a very pale complexion and sharp features. She has amber eyes encircled with red that give her a very imposing appearance. They are about the only thing of colour on her entire face. She is willowy and of average height though with her stance it seems she fills an entire doorway. She dresses in washed out colours to emphasise her eyes, she wears a silver circlet, and carries a silver quarterstaff wherever she goes.

Personality: On the outside, Talen seems very calm, collected and under control. She seems to have all the answers, says all the right things, and does everything with purpose and reason. However, she is very ambitious and calculating and knows what she wants. She chooses justice over mercy. She normally won't accept a simple defeat from her enemy, she needs to totally annihilate them. She's uptight and very worried that her position of Queen won't last long. She's suspicious and somehow really needs the security of power. She speaks very gently and assured and rarely lets anyone, friends or enemies, know what she's thinking or how she's feeling.

Skills: She has a way with words. Hardly anyone sees anything wrong with her reign. When she gives public speeches she never lies to the people, she tells half truths. Her voice can worm it's way into people minds. She manipulates the people closest to her. Her kingdom never seems to run under an iron fist, rather a pat on the back.

Weaknesses: As you know, she can never accept a mere surrender from an enemy, she needs to completely eradicate them. This could very well be her downfall.

History: Thaylea is her twin sister, 10 minutes older than her, and therefore heir of the throne. Talen always thought Thaylea was weak and useless and was always holding her back. It was true though, no matter how much better Talen did than Thaylea, her effort was never noticed. It seemed to Talen that Thaylea got dealt the right cards and she didn't. She worked harder than ever, hoping to show her parents that she was better. When the King and Queen were assassinated on their way to a neighbouring kingdom, Talen, amidst the chaos and confusion, crowned herself Queen and hid Thaylea away. Lies were told and she prevailed.

Other: Talen loves her son Rajun, but would be the last to admit it, as love is weakness. She has watched him grow up from afar, a lovely little boy, a curious child and now a teenager. She hardly ever interacts with him though and that is probably where she went wrong. Whenever she gave public speeches, she would always doll him up and bring him out. There she would shower him with love and attention which Rajun thought was artificial and meaningless. That is where his resentment towards his mother sprung from.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:15 pm
eldEr says...

ooOOoo! I'll join! I'll join! hmmmm...let's see here...

Name: Tarrion (His friends call him Tar)

Appearance: Image

Personality: He's very poetic and thinks exsesively. He likes to scheme and can be quite quiet. Shy isn't quite the right word as he will reply the second somebody speaks to him. He can be very, very defensive over the ones he loves. He also has a bit of a temper, so watch out. He is actually very mature considering what's happened in his life.

Skills: He is very, very good with knives and swords. He is also trained in Martial Arts. He's also a decent wood-crafter. He's good with words and cam charm most with his smile...he's practiced it for years.

Weaknesses: He's missing the thumb and his middle finger on his right hand, making it difficult to hold certain weapons. He isn't very good with bows and arrows and he has a major fear of spiders and bats, though nobody knows why.

History: He lived with his mother and younger sister before. His father was killed when he was only 12, and he vowed to kill the man who killed his father. He ended up finding him...and killing him. Go figure; the man was a palace guard. He was sent to prison and needs to escape for fear the council will sentence him to death.

Other: He has been looking for love for what seems like ever, but no girl seems to suit his quiet personality. He feels alone at the time, but he knows that everything has to work out.
Last edited by eldEr on Mon May 10, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 pm
LovelessSummer says...

I'm in! Will post a profile for a guy later.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Random avatar

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:28 pm

FINALLY posting her profile.
Name: Aris
Appearance: A tall blonde with green eyes. Very slender.
Personality: Can be stubborn. Is passionate about her causes and can make friends easily, although she's wary of strangers.
Skills: She can fight really well, especially with swords, daggers, and bow-and-arrows.
Weaknesses: She's a klutz when she's not fighting. She has problems with trusting people and likes to be the leader of the group.
History: She was jailed for trying to help her brother escape the Queen's wrath. She was about to be executed because her brother had told her a secret about the Queen that the Queen wanted hidden.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

143 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Name: Tigger Strum
Appearance: Light hazel/brown/orange-ish eyes. He has shaggy dark brown hair that is always in his face. He 5"7 and fairly slim. He has pale skin and pale pink lips.
Spoiler! :
A picture for further visual.
Personality: He's creepy. As simple as that. He will often speak in riddles or confusing sentences. He sick and twisted. Crazy, if you must. He's like a cat most times, quiet and stealthy. Mysterious at the least. He likes to know things, but can keep secrets well. But, watch out, if you betray him, your secrets will spread faster than the plague.
Skills: Walks around quietly, and blends with the shadows. He can run fast and silently, also fairly flexible and has great balance.
Weaknesses: A horrible fighter without his knife or a nice pointy stick.
History: He was born in central Texas. His family was a bit twisted on their own, it's no wonder why he ended up the way he is now. His dad was a serial killer, his older brother a drug addict, and his mom was a lawyer. So, growing up around lies, murder, and drugs, little Tigger was a menace from the start. In elementary school he tortured the kids, your typical playground bully. In high school, he took his antics to a higher level, getting his friends to beat up kids for him since he couldn't harm anyone without the help of his army swiss knife. He sold drugs, smoked drugs, and spread horrible things about everyone. Well, eventually, he ended up here for possession of drugs and assisted murder.
Other: He's always carving grotesque things out of wood with his knife and will sometimes pop out of nowhere. And, lastly, he has this weird smile that always seems to make lesser humans scatter. Up for love I suppose, but only if you want to put up the time...and possibly your sanity.
Last edited by LovelessSummer on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Selene Caprica Age:15 Gender: Female Appearance: Black hair down to waist with red tips Skin: Pale Eyes: Dark midnight blue Personality: Sweet,sarcastic,sassy, malicious, likes to torture people if they piss her off, cold, and caring Skills: Very very good with knives and swords and bow and arrows. Trained in martial arts. Weakness: Will fight for anyone except for the bad guy. History: Her parents were murdered by theives and it turns out that one of the thieves was of nobel blood and she hunted him down and killed him then she was captured and brought to the queen she is very good friends with Talon and Tarrion. Likes: Music, drawing, and fighting. Hates: The people that killed her family, jerks and asses. Has a pet wolf named fang
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Random avatar

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:20 pm

It probably won't get up and running for a few days, but I couldn't resist.

Aris

I ran through the forest, my heart pounding. We were far away enough that I could run without fear of being pursued now. But I still looked behind me, nervous.
There were the others we had escaped with. Some boys, some girls. Either way, we were all escapees- and not all of us were good. Not everyone in my cell had been dangerous, but they had all been my age.
I carried my cat. The Queen loved seeing pain, and what better way to make me pained than to execute my cat right before my eyes? At least she had let me keep Joji with me. We had been able to escape together.
We were lucky 13 year old Rajun had been able to help us. He was young, but spirited. And determined. He had made us promise to try to bring down his Mother's reign. I would have anyone. Convincing everyone else would be another case entirely.
"Um... everyone!" I wasn't by far the oldest of the group, but I was able to make them quiet down relatively quickly. "Um... alright. We should make camp here?" I looked at them uncertainly, willing someone to speak.
--
And LDR's, Dark Fey!

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:27 pm
eldEr says...

Tarrion
Okay, so just a quick thing: He likes Aris...a lot... He let her escape and got caught again in the process

The guard whipped me again. "Where did they go!?" He bellowed.

I glared at him. I hadn't even known the prisoners that well, but I had done all I could to make sure they made a safe escape. "I told you I didn't know!" I screamed.

The guard shoved me over and sliced my back with his daggar. "Send him back to his cell. No food, no water for three days! Slice his stomach while you're at it!"

Two guards came and draggged me off, down the stairs. I winced when one sliced me, but I refused to cry out. Nothing was right anymore. How could I have not escaped with them? The guards shoved me back into my cell, and one shackled my wrists. They left and as the door closed shut I yelled. I didn't exactly no what I was saying, but I was yelling. Everything blacked out.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

12 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Selene

I curled into a tighter ball in the corner of my cell praying that none of the guards would notice me and just pass me by. I hated this place every single thing about it and the queen. I flinched as one of the guards barged into my cell which I shared with Tarrion who had dissappeared while I was sleeping and I swallowed a gasp of horror when he was thrown into the cell and shackled by his wrist cut and bleeding. After the guard had left I crawled over to him.I saw he was unconcious and bleeding from his stomach and back. I ripped part of my shirt sleeve and used it to try and staunch the bleeding.

324 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 pm
Threnody says...

Talen:

Talen walked down into the depths of her castle, surrounded by four guards. She looked tall and regal, though the guards were all much larger than she. She turned to the one on her right.

"I want to see Selene..." She announced. The guards nodded and lit a torch. From both sides on the dimly lit hallway, inmates were held in their cages. Some looked at the queen imploringly, others viciously, desperately, a lot had lost hope.

"Right here your highness." The guard said and stepped back, letting the queen into a cell that held a thin girl with raven black hair and fierce looking blue eyes and a boy who lay in a small pool of blood. the girl looked up at her dejectedly.

"Hello Selene." Talen said, softly, kneeling down to look her in the face. "I wanted to check up on you." Talen ran her hand down her cheek.

The girl just looked at her with dark eyes and said nothing.

"You see," Talen continued, "You might know something that would be very valuable to me... And after all, if you give me the information I want, I will give you something in return."

"What do you want." The girl said, her voice told the queen her spirit wasn't broken yet.

"A group of prisoners escaped this morning. They took my son and are holding him for ransom." She said this lie with such motherly angst, it was hard not to feel bad for her. "He's my only son... the heir to the throne. Please help me find him."
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

12 Reviews

Sat May 01, 2010 12:02 am

My face hardened I wasn't fooled by her lies and fake motherly tone. I looked at her hatred and cold defiance evident on my face. "Never." I said my voice cold and defiant. Talen looked taken aback by my tone and I smirked. "I will never betray them." I said still smirking.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 01, 2010 12:06 am
LovelessSummer says...

Tigger:

I grabbed Aris from the shadows, she let out a shriek. She and a few other prisons I didn't bother to pay attention to had escaped. I followed them of course. After covering her mouth, I pulled her into the safety of the trees.
"T-Tigger," she stammered. "What are you doing here."
"Though your plan was flawless and you saved the rest two are still suffering." She looked at me with a confused look and I sighed.
"Who are we missing, my dear Aris?" She glanced around, still panting from running.
"N-nobody. Everyone was in my group. I don't know what you're..." I silenced her with a small laugh.
"Tarrion. Remember him," I put on a sly smile as the realization hit her. "Also that Selene girl. They got left behind."
"No. They were with me...us. How could they have gotten left behind."
"The ones who see all." I gave her a minute to think.
"The...guards," she said with doubt. I nodded once and flung some hair out of my eyes.
"We must go back at once," I snapped, suddenly very serious. I looked deeply into her eyes, daring her to refuse my request. She looked away from me, trying to look anywhere else but into my eyes. "You agree?"
"Of course," she whispered, "but what about the rest of the escapees?"
"They can fair on their own." I grabbed her wrist and started through the forest, slowing my pace so she could keep up. "Get in. Get the prisoner. Get out. Simple?"
"Yes," she mumbled.

324 Reviews

Sat May 01, 2010 12:11 am
Threnody says...

Talen:

"Alright then dear." Talen said, smiling. "Anders, bring him here." She said to a guard standing outside.

"Selene, look who we found yesterday." The guard brought in a snarling wolf on a straight-leash. He has a rusty muzzle over his nose. The guard kicked the wolf a little with his thick boot.

"Fang." Selene whispered. Her surprise slowly turned into anger.

"Selene dear, you know where they went, tell me and this little thing," The guard kicked him again, "will return to you unharmed. Otherwise... you know how much wolf-pelt is worth these days?" The queen let the question sink in. She smiled again and fingered her staff. Selene knew the queen had the power to kill him with one blow.

"You have time to mull it over. Not much... but time is time is it not."
~ The Little Prince~

12 Reviews

Sat May 01, 2010 12:15 am

My eyes grew wide as I felt anger and horror course through me I bowed my head not in defeat but to hide my tears of anger. "I will consider it." I said my voice quiet while I mentally sent prayers that the rest of the prisoners and Tigger who had been missing so I guessed he was with them would stay safe. Fang looked at me and whimpered once and I flinched fearing for his life and safety. The guard kicked him again and I let out a small involuntary cry of horror.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Sat May 01, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes