z

Young Writers Society

Lament of Innocence

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:11 pm
eldEr says...

GARRION

I didn't remove my glare from Taeryn's back until she was completely out of site. Having me executed was understandable, I had betrayed everything I had worked so hard to acheive, betrayed the girl I had trained, she had trusted me. Yes, my execution was very understandable. And don't get me wrong, I wasn't going to go completely heroic. Dieing was the last thing I wanted to do.

But executing Aris... She had so much to live for. Her best friends were going to be parents, she had found somebody to love...

Taeryn was turning into a monster. I had thought of her as a friend before, because I thought she was different. But no. Spitting god-damned image.

Aris was trembling and I placed a hand on her shoulder as we descended down the stairs, tears dripping down my cheeks. I caught eyes with a guard I had called friend at one point. He averted his gaze quickly, staring at the floor.

"I'm sorry Aris. I tried, I really, honestly tried," I whispered hoarsely.

TARRION

This was ridiculous. I was going to kill myself if I didn't get rid of this pain. I snapped the lid off the top of the bottle and stuck my index finger inside, fishing out two of the tablets and placing them on my tongue. Dry-swallowing was unpleasant, but I didn't see any water anywhere. I replaced the lid and looked up at a worried Selene.

I managed a smile. "I'm turning into an injury-prone fool, aren't I?" I rested my hand on hers and closed my eyes, taking a few deep breaths. This was going to be a long day.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Aris

As they took us down to the dungeons, I looked towards Garrion. "I know," I said, trying to be as brave as I could with execution looming. Hope of rescue was stupid by now. I didn't think there was anything we could really do about it that would make a difference. I had to just be strong and withstand it out.

As the guards led us down the passageway, muttering to eachother and sending us triumphant glances from time to time, Garrion and I stood as proudly as we could with our hands chained and were walked down to a cell. We were pushed into seperate ones- they were right beside eachother but seperate nonetheless.

Now what? I wondered.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Selene
I snuck out of the room sticking to the shadows having promised Tarrion news about Aris and Garrion. I heard the guards talking about an execution so I stepped slightly closer and heard them say "It's too bad about Garrion." "Yes it is the execution with him and Aris will be hard to watch." My knees nearly gave out and I bolted back to Garrions room and closed the door behind me dropping with my back pressed to the door. "What?" Tarrion demanded. "Aris and Garrion are to be executed tommorrow at dawn." I choked out.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:54 pm
eldEr says...

[[executes at mid-day actually...]]

TARRION

I shot up, trying to ignore the pain that had run the length of my body and back again. "What!?" I attempted not to shout... shouting would be extremely stupid. But that was hard... Aris? No no no no...not Aris! The worst part was that we couldn't save them. I could hardly sit up like this, and Selene had no chance on her own. Plus there was tha fact of who-knows-where-Kale-and-Tig-got-themselves-to.

Aris? My stomach churned. Garrion had been incredible, too. But Aris was my best friend...

"T-they were talking about it in the halls," Selene whispered. She was tearing up, which wasn't something Selene did often.

I rested my head in my hands and let myself cry. How had everything managed to go so wrong? Why in heaven's name did they have to come after us? This had started as something meant to be for the best... and I might die in the middle of the night, Kale and Tig had evidently vanished to somewhere within the palace, Aris and Garrion we going to be executed... and we were powerless to stop anything.

GARRION

"Garrion...I can't believe it. You of all people..." it was one of the guards talking, but I had my eyes closed. I didn't really care who was talking to me at this point.

"Me of all people saw something wrong. Me of all people realized it wrong to torture two lovers, one of which is pregnant." There was more to it than that. But they honestly didn't need to know...I was still having a hard time accepting the fact that... I shoved the thoughts away.

"But Taeryn Gar! You were her trainer for crying out loud!"

I sighed. "I wasn't her only trainer."

He sighed in return. "You did most of it."

That was true of course... and I did feel almost guilty for betraying her, but it was wrong. Wrong wasn't something that sit with me well. "Could you leave a man awaiting death to mope in peace please?" I hissed. The guard backed off and muttered something to the others.

"...Couldn't.....too stuborn....midday..."

I had really outdone myself this time.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:19 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Aris

I tried desperately not to panic. After all, how would that help things? But at mid-day I was going to be killed along with Garrion. Slaughtered without even a decent fight. Not only was it terrifying, it was kind of humiliating at the same time.

And everyone else had no idea what was going on at all. And if any of my friends did know, they wouldn't be able to help. It was a stupid trap that was surrounding me and it was terrible. I winced.

I ran my hands along the wall, looking for something, anything that could help us. Anything at all.

I found nothing.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 pm
Kale7 says...

Sorry, I've been super busy. I'll try to post more regularly now.

Kale

Tigger and I were going aimlessly around the castle, trying to find someone. One of our friends, or even someone else who could direct us to them.

"Listen," Tigger said suddenly. He walked swiftly forward. I followed him, not exactly surprised Tigger had been the first one to notice something. "I think they're over here," he whispered as we approached a door. After a pause, he opened it.

12 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 am

Selene
My head snapped up as Tigger and Kale walked through the door. I tackled Kale and then Tigger. "Thank Goddess you guys are here." I said relieved. "Why?" Kale asked. "Aris and Garrion are to be executed tomorrow at mid day." I said quietly after locking the door. They looked at me their eyes wide and I nodded bleak.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:57 pm
kidashka says...

>Check DT please?! :D<

~Taeryn~

As I reached the heavy oak doors of the throne room, I hesitated anxiously. What would she say? She'd be pleased, right? It didn't matter that Rajun was the Prince, or whatever, if he was a traitor, she had to see that. If not.... well, it was too late now.

The doors opened before me, and I paused before gesturing the guards to follow me with the body. Talen looked up with mild interest as I walked in, instructing the soldiers to lay him on the ground before her so she could see. As she looked down, an expression of horror spread across her face. She ran towards him, cradling his head in her arms and letting out an almost-silent wail of anguish. I swallowed thickly, knowing I had to tell her the truth, and soon.

"Who did this?" she asked coldly, not even glancing away from him.

I remained silent for a moment, wondering best how to phrase this, then spoke. "I did it." I replied quietly. "He was a traitor, planning to kill you and take the throne. He let the prisoners escape."

A deathly silence hung in the air after I finished speaking, and finally she looked up to meet my eyes. "You killed him?"

"Yes. He was a traitor." A desperate tone had started to enter my voice, despite my attempts to hide it.

"Don't be ridiculous. You're lying."

"No! I'm telling the truth, mother!" She simply stared back disbelievingly, and I continued, begging her to believe me. "I was trying to protect you!"

"Get out."

I paused, eyes wide as I stared back in disbelief. "...What?" I finally managed to croak out, and Talen's brow furrowed in anger.

"Get. Out." She glanced back at Rajun's face again before swallowing. "You are no longer my daughter. Leave here before I change my mind and decide to have you killed."

I fled.

>Sorry for major longness.... this will in all likelihood be my last post! Next thing that she would do is free Gar and Aris; if you wanna make things all dramatic mebbe leave it to the very last minute? :D Have fun!!<
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

12 Reviews

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Selene
I breathed calmly. "So whats the plan?" I asked calmly. "We don't have one." Tig said. I swore angrily. "So we are in hot water." I said coolly. "Ya think?" Tig snapped and I gave hima look not even a glare just a look and he shut his mouth. "Well we are going to save Aris." Kale said. "No duh lover boy." I snapped. "Stop it!" Tarrion exclaimed. We all stared at him. "Instead of fighting them your fighting each other." He stated. I looked at Kale and Tig. "Sorry guys. Guess I'm stressed." I said

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat