z

Young Writers Society

The Sickness

Reviews: 3
Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 pm
IndisBubbles says...

Caleb Reynolds-Aerrow

The guy leaned in across grabbing a hold of my shoulder. I tried to shake him off, though instead of freeing me, he dug his thick fingernails into my shoulder causing me to stifle a gasp of pain. “Trust me.” He hissed in my ear.

Stepping back the guy darted away his coat flapping behind him. I blinked, the pits of my stomach was doing somersaults of nervousness. I didn’t want to move around; I wanted to stay in the one place. I have been moving around ever since Mum and Dad died, and Annabelle changed!

“Dude, do you actually have any friends?" Someone said. I jumped in fear spinning my Katana towards the direction of the voice. A figure walked out from behind a willowing tree. "I mean, come on. Everyone seems to want to kill you."

My shoulders slumped, he was right. Not much people did like me, the reason still was unknown to me. Straightening my posture I stared at him through narrowed eyes. What did this guy want? The words formed at my mouth, though came out a lot harsher then I had intended.

He placed a hand to his heart dramatically, "Ouch." Leaning against a tree I let my katana swing by my side to a stop. "I wasn't coming here to see you. If I was you'd be dead already." He beamed a threatening smile. I sneered at him, watching his body for any movements for that gun of his.

"Well then what are you doing?" My grip on my katana strengthened, though I kept my eyes frozen on his face. I couldn’t let him slip, or else I'd be dead. "I don't like to stay in the one place at the one time." He emphasised ‘don't’ with the roll of his tongue. "How much did you hear?" I snapped angrily.

"Enough," he shrugged an infuriating smile crossing his face. "If you want shelter, food or water, you aren't going to get it from me." I said quickly hoping he would back off. He didn't. With a flick of his wrist he walked into the brambles and towards Kammie, Ari and GT sitting on the sandy shore.

"Hey you can't go out there!" I shouted outraged. Pulling at the weeds, I gnashed my teeth together as they cut into the palm of my hands. Why wasn't this guy being cut? "Hey girls!" He chirped loudly. They all turned simultaneously, "What are you doing here!" I heard GT shout in a rough voice.
INDI WAS HERE

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm
Kamas says...

Ari

Not this guy again

"Hey babes, missed me?" he said, strolling up to us as I pulled my hoodie on.

"Desperately." I smirked sarcastically.

"I could almost taste the venom on those words." GT laughed.

"That stings, I was hoping for more enthusiasm. Maybe some fawning." he grinned.

"Really, really bad timing." I said. "You're a couple years late. Cause you know, now most people are trying to rip your face off and wear it as a mask these days."

Aerrow stumbled out of the bushes, looking pale and a little pissed. He grabbed the guy by the shoulder.

"Look I don't know who you are --"

"That's easy, I'm Dougie" he grinned, interrupting Aerrow.

"What do you want Dougie?" GT glared. "Why are you following us?"

He looked thoughtful for a minute, and I used his distraction to my advantage, sliding my foot under my bo that was still buried in the sand.

"I dunno. You guys are a mess, but you seem like an okay bunch. Can't a guy have some fun?"
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed May 05, 2010 12:17 am
Via says...

Greer Tolsen - GT

"Fun, yea." Greer rolled her eyes, "We're a giant ball of it."

Greer put her hands back on her hips...seems to be the way she left Dougie back in the alley hours ago. She stared him up and down, "But seriously. We're on the complete opposite side of the city...are you following us?"

Dougie smirked and turned to his hands that were tinkering with something, "Don't flatter yourself."

Ari spoke up, "Then how exactly do you expect to explain how you mysteriously ended up at the same place we did?"

Dougie sighed and dropped the piece of wood we was apparently handling boredly. He walked closer to Ari, "Look. I couldn't care less what you think of me. I don't need you--you probably need me, but that's besides the point. But, I'm not the one you should be suspicious of in your little kumbaya group here."

Greer narrowed her deep blue-green eyes in his direction. She wasn't going to offer any verbal interest in his comment.

However, Ari was, "What are you talking about?"

Dougie smiled snidely, backing up a little and pointing in Aerrow's direction, "Why don't you ask him?"
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed May 05, 2010 3:07 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Kate Angell|Zaria:

I followed Sam down another alley and then into the lobby of a skyscraper. He checked the street before pressing the button to call the elevator. I was very surprised to find that it was working. Sam waved me over and we stepped into the elevator.

"So, uh," I said nervously. I didn't like small spaces. If I had to stay here much longer, I was going to freak out. "Why the roof?"

Sam chuckled. He was leaning against the wall of the elevator, calm as can be. I sighed and hugged myself, looking around frantically.

"Why not?" he asked, watching me fidget, the longer we were in such a small space.

I shrugged eyeing the walls, ignoring the strange look Sam was giving me.

"I don't...." I cut off my words, glaring at the floor of the elevator.

"You don't like small spaces?" Sam asked. I shot him a glare.

"Yeah, I really don't," I snapped, narrowing my gaze at him.

The elevator lurched to a stop and the doors slid open. I scrambled out of the elevator and stood in the hall, watching as Sam took his time exiting the lift.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed May 05, 2010 8:40 pm
eldEr says...

SAMUEL

I stepped out of the elevator and onto the roof. So Zaria was clausterphobic huh? I'd have to remember that. "Well unless you wanna jump off the roof, you're going to have to brave the elevator once more," I said dryly. I could feel her glaring at my back as I shoved my things into the small sleeping bag I used. "Sorry," I mumbled, "That was rude of me to say."

"Yeah, it was."

I looked around. My paper, pens, clothes, water bottles, food; even the odd piece of clothing and some of my parents' relics. Everything was here. I shoved the last of my pens into the sleeping bag, slung it over my shoulder and turned around.

"Pens and paper?" Zaria asked, eyebrow raised.

I shrugged. "My dad was an author. I sort of...inharited his passion."

She nodded and we walked towards the elevator. I pressed the button and it lit up. "Can't we just take the stairs?" Zaria asked.

I shook my head. "There are hardly any stairs left. Conveniently the elevator was left alone." I heard her groan, but she boarded and pinned herself agasint the wall, hugging her chest.

I began plotting. The sleeping bag wasn't very heavy, but it was slippery and hard to grasp. Easy target for any kid looking for supplies. I sighed, nothing I could do about it now. There was the ocean and I remembered a small stream that ran out of it. It led to a forest and if you kept following it, you came to a farmer's field. Which would now be abandoned unless it had already been taken over. Then again, not very many people knew the guy who had lived there. He was a hermit; a cranky one at that. From what I could remember, none of my friends had even heard of him.

"I know where we can go for a few days," I whispered as the elevator hit the ground floor and opened. Zaria nodded and flung out the door. I chuckled and followed her.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed May 05, 2010 11:53 pm
Jas says...

Kammie

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at Aerrow.

"What's he talking about?" I ask, my eyes hardening. I knew it was a bad idea to go with this little gang to begin with and at this point, stuff lke this wasn't making me love these guys any more.

"It's nothing. Just some annoying guy. Nothing really," He replied, his eyes shifting around.

Greer frowned and turned to him.

"What guy?"

**Again sorry for the shortness, I really don't know what to write**
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu May 06, 2010 10:20 pm
Jas says...

Is it just me or does this seem to be dying?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

384 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2010 1:11 am
eldEr says...

Meh, not dieing.
Just processing what to post. :)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Reviews: 3
Tue May 11, 2010 9:41 am
IndisBubbles says...

Caleb Reynold-Aerrow

"What are you not telling us, Aerrow?" Ari asked, her eyes narrowing in what looked like anger and fear. I felt my own eyes widen momentarily. Ari was never scared, at least she never said she was.

I shook my head turning away from her glance instantly. Right now I had to look strong! And yet all I wanted to do was sit and whimper like a little girl. Dougie smirked, "Looks like you guys need me more then you think."

"No we don't!" I snapped loudly. Ari was suddenly in front of me, GT standing behind her. Both of their hands moved in unison and on to their hips. Kammie came up behind both of them, "What do you have to tell us?" She said in a rather demanding tone. A small breeze pushed past my face spraying salty particles on my cracking lips.

"Calm down guys, we're only in a little bit of trouble. Nothing we can't handle." I lied, placing my hands up before me protectively. GT narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Dougie laughed, "Your head on the chopping board doesn't sound like a 'lil bit of trouble!" My shoulders slumped instantly as the three girls faces grew in horror.

"Thank!" I said sarcastically at Dougie. He smiled, "Happy to help!" He replied flicking his hair from his eyes. "Our heads are on the chopping block?" Ari said in a very small voice. GT instantly began to scan the area reaching for her dagger. Kammie fell in line with her stumbling over a large mound of sand.

"Oh damn it all! We're in so much trouble now, we're never gonna make it!" Ari hung her head. I felt my heart twist, I have never seen her like this. "Hey guys-" Dougie began before I rudely interjected him with a snarl.

He placed his hands up and shrugged excruciatingly calm, "Fair enough, I'm just trying' to warn you that you might still be in need of my help." I frowned at him. "We don't need your help." Dougie shrugged again, "I might reconsider that." He pointed over my shoulder.

GT and Ari's mouth fell open with shock, their eyes suddenly filling with fear. Kammie let out a screech, calling her sisters name out. I felt my shoulders slump suddenly. Turning as slowly as I could, I felt my mouth drop. Jojo and Mikayla were help by their hair by a group of gruntish looking people.

More flocked behind them, large guns aimed at us. I cursed instantly; this definitely did not look good. Dougie smiled reaching for his gun, “Told you, you needed my help.”
INDI WAS HERE

384 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 2:00 pm
eldEr says...

SAMUEL

I froze by the beach at what looked to be a tribe. Just our luck. Zaria stopped behind me. "I know that that one's Aerrow," I muttered quietly, pointing him out. I didn't know the others. They were all screaming bloody murder at something in the distance I couldn't see. They looked afraid; terrified even.

"Should we go see what's wrong with them?" Zaria murmered.

I was about to shake my head when a bunch of men with guns surrounded them. Well then. They obviously weren't having a very good day. "How; pray tell?" I muttered.

"Nix that."

No crud. I didn't know what exactly I was supposed to do in a situation like this, so I just sat and watched. The girls were screaching and I don't blame them. One of the guys was boasting about how the others would need his help. Screw this. I didn't move.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Kate Angell|Zaria:

I sighed, glancing towards the guys who were holding on to the young kids. I felt myself go pale. Such bullies.

"Since when do I give the orders around here?" I muttered, shooting Sam a glare. "You're the one with the power here."

He raised an eyebrow at me, glancing between me and the bullies and back again.

"Oh really?" he asked.

"Yeah, really. You know my weakness," I told him. "You can exploit it at any time just by locking me up in a small space."

He grinned. "I'll try to remember that."

I turned away from him and approached the group. The guy who seemed to be the leader of the bullies turned towards me.

"What do you want?" he snapped, glaring at me.

384 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 pm
eldEr says...

SAMUEL

I glared at Zaria. What the heck was she doing? "What do you want?" one of the guys snapped at her.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. My flimsy little sword against a bunch of guns. Fair fight if I do say so myself. Everybody stared at me momentarly, but interest was lost quickly.

I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing, so I walked up to Zaria and stood behind her, crossing my arms. "Mess with her, mess with me," I growled. I really didn't find myself that threatening. I doubted they did either.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 11, 2010 2:30 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Kate Angell|Zaria:

I glared back at guy, unfazed. He grinned at me, pulling his weapon away from the little girl.

"I want you out of my territory," I snapped. "You don't see them, but my tribe is watching you--and they have weapons even greater that that stupid little pistol you have there."

"Oh yeah" he said, acting cocky. "Like what?"

"Like a freaking bazooka," I shouted, "Not get the hell out of my territory."

The leader paled. Oh yes, they still knew what a bazooka was. I glared at him until the rest of his tribe gave up the kids and backed away. I started grinning when they turned and ran for it.

"Way to bluff it," Sam muttered.

I ignored him and turned towards the small group of strangers. "Hi there," I said. "I'm Zaria, this is Sam. What're you guys doing here?"

384 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 2:42 pm
eldEr says...

SAMUEL

I smirked. The girl was creative. I hadn't touched a bazooka in my life.

"Aerrow right?" I asked, nodding in his direction. He glared at me and nodded. Pleasant boy, this one.

I glanced at Zaria. I was learning slowly not to underestimate her. I sighed and put a hand on her shoulder. She tensed, but didn't kick me or shove me off. I took it as a good sign. "We should really be going, Zar," I murmered.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 pm
Sins says...

Dougie

"We should really be going, Zar," The guy said.

I grinned broadly, turning to the two people who'd just turned up, "Hey, why don't you stay with us!" I spoke as if I'd known them for years, not seconds. "The more the me-"

"Shut up!" Aerrow nudged me hard in my ribs. "You aren't even with us! Anyway, we don't even know who they are!"

"Yeah, we do." I shrugged. "They're Zaria and Sam, they just said so. You need to learn to listen, mate."

I could hear the rest of the gang speaking quietly behind us. They were clearly discussing the two randomers in front of us. No one in the gang liked me, but I didn't really give a crap.

"Do you belong to a tribe?" I heard GT peak behind me.

Zaria glanced at Sam before speaking. "No." She said simply.

I was happy enough to accept that answer, but oh no. The paranoid clan behind me obviously weren't. Especially not Aerrow, he wanted a much more detailed answer. These guys made things too complicated. They needed to relax.

"Nah, we better go." Sam shrugged.

Some people were really hard to convince.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee