z

Young Writers Society

Pokemon

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 am
Bloo says...

Gold

"Explo, come on out," I said. The fire covered beast was going to be our light in here...I hope there wasn't much water. I also brought out Vee, who I wanted to get to know better.

"Why don't you put your Honchkrow away, the less Pokemon, the less likely we are to be attacked," Ashton said.

"I would, but like your Dragonite, he doesn't have a Pokeball," I said. "I found him abandoned one day while I was going for a walk, and after I nursed him back, he just stuck around. I never needed to catch him." He nodded. "And besides, I don;t think anything here wants to mess with your Dragonite."

He chuckeled a bit, and we kept going. He lead the way, with Quilave next to him, Honch Crow and Dragonite were at the rear, with me an Vee hidden in the middle. Time passed slowly, Ashton didn't talk much, and I had nothing to say. After what felt like a day to me, but was probably like an hour, we arrived at a small lake.

"Have your Marshstomp check the depth," Ashton said. I nodded, and threw my Pokeball. Muddy swam below, while Explo pumped his fire high so we could see his shadow. Ashton sighed. "its too shallow for my Gyarados to swim us across, and without Quilava's light we can't swim across it, too dangerous.

"Could your Dragonite Fly across it?" I asked.

"No wind, if he doesn't have wind, he can;t stay up," Ashton replied. "But he could walk across, think your Honchkrow could fly me us across."

"It would take two flights, but yeah," I said. "Then, that's what we do."

Dragonite walked into the water, and Explotaro jumped on HonchKrow's back. "You first," I said. Ashton let Honchkrow grab his arm, and they slowly drifted across the room, Explotaro using his flamethrower to both move them, and make light. They were about three quarters across, when a bright light came out of no where. A silver body flew out of the water, and knocked right into Honchkrow. "Lugia....?" I said to myself before the panic of Ashton and my Pokemon falling hit me.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 am
Howler says...

Gene

We finally flew into Cerulean and I put Ditto back in his ball. I did see a few black TR vans driving in this direction, but they hadn't gotten here yet. I still had some time to kill before they got here, so I decided to try and assemble some aid. I pulled my pokegear out and sorted through the numbers. I called the closest person nearby who I knew would want to help.

"Hey, Surge, that you?"

"Gene? Hey, how're you doin?"

"Fine. Look, Team Rocket's nabbing legendaries, and there's one I'm trying to protect here in Cerulean City. Can you get up here quick?"

"Sure, why not. Nothing new's happening here anyways. Seeya in a bit!"

Lt. Surge and I were decent buddies, I'd say. We were more like competetive friends a lot of the time. I probably fought him more than any other gym leader, mainly because he was one of the strongest competitors. That damn surfing Raichu of his got me every time, even my Nidoking. I loved competing with him for the difficulty alone; the victory just felt more sweet.

It was tough to do it without getting wet, but I managed to rock climb sideways into Cerulean Cave. It was beautiful as always...it was filled with these yellow and pink crystals that, from what I heard, raised the power of psychic pokemon. It would explain why Mewtwo resided here.

I just wandered around for a while, thinking on some battle strategies. I threw Nidoking out of his pokeball to help me think. I don't know why I haven't let him fight yet, he was my strongest pokemon, with an amazing variety in his moves and plenty of power and speed that could outmatch most opponents. There was a reason I kept him through all these years.

Surge came in earlier than expected. He was soaking wet...I think he swam through the lake to get into the cave. Booya to him, I guess. His Raichu was also soaking wet, standing beside him.

"I saw some guys coming from Mt. Moon", Surge told me, "You weren't kidding, were you?"

"Why would I?"

"Chance to fight me again?"

"Some other time, Surge"

"So, how're we getting the upper hand on these guys?"

"We hide"

Surge and I got behind one large group of crystals, and Nidoking and Raichu were behind another set. We told them to fire as soon as somethinng came into the door. Soon enough, a grunt walked in. Raichu gave off a thunderbolt right at him. The electricity flowed through the grunt and he fell to the ground. Three more grunts came in, and Nidoking gave his fancy Kamehameha-style Earth Power, knocking them backward through the cave door.

"What is wrong with you people?", said a voice from outside. I was pretty sure I knew who it was...and it meant trouble.

As he walked in wearing his tank top, cape, and with his shovel in hand, I could tell without a shadow of a doubt, it was Byron. This guy was a big jerk. I met him in Sinnoh, where he's a steel-specialized gym leader. He's also another gym leader's father; Roark. Which was what surprised me; Roark followed him right on in. Father and son, in the evil organization together...interesting. Roark didn't have a smile on his face, instead was rather emotionless. Byron was smirking.

"Well, if it isn't you!", Byron said to Nidoking, "Gene, I know you're here. Get on out, why don't you?"

Surge and I stayed where we are. Byron glanced at Roark and they both nodded. They each grabbed a pokeball and released one pokemon each; Byron let loose a heavy and angry Bastiodon, while Roark sent forward a monstrous Rampardos. If the cave was a bit smaller, it wouldn't be able to stand upright.

"These guys electric proof?", Surge asked me. He wasn't very knowledgable on Sinnoh pokemon. Me? I'm still one of the most well versed in the pokemon science, if I may say.

"Rock and steel", I said pointing to Bastiodon, "And the other is just rock. Go right ahead"

"RAICHU!", yelled Surge, jumping out from behind the crystals we were hiding by, "THUNDERBOLT THE BIG ONE!!!"

Raichu blasted an incredibly large thunderbolt from his cheeks directly at Rampardos. Rampardos definetily felt hurt by it, but it managed to shake it off and it looked more mad. Bastiodon was walking as fast as it could towards Raichu and Nidoking; lucky me, that was pretty slow. But that's where the problem started.

"Bastiodon, gyro ball", commanded Byron. Bastiodon's face glowed silver and he made an instant jump forward at Raichu and Nidoking. Raichu jumped out of the way and dodged it, but Nidoking got hit. It wasn't very effective, but it still did a number on him.

"Earth power him", I told Nidoking. He blasted a strong ball of earth-energy at Bastiodon, and then I turned to Surge.

"What? That sheild face would've killed Raichu in one hit!"

"Fine", he was right, I suppose. I looked at Roark whisper something to Byron, and Byron nodded with another smirk.

"Rampardos...earthquake"

Shit.

The entire cave had a bunch of crystals and stalagtites dropping from the ceiling. Raichu was concerning himself with avoiding the ceiling, and Nidoking was just hitting anything that dropped onto him. Bastiodon was in a defensive stand-still. My good chance.

"Nidoking, aqua tail", I called out. Nidoking's tail glowed blue with water, and he spun and slammed it right into Bastiodon's side. He was knocked on his side and knocked out. Either that or he was like a turtle on his back. He wasn't going to be doing any more trouble, that was certain.

I almost forgot about my own safety for a minute. A lot of rocks almost crushed me that I only dodged by a second. Too many close calls for my liking, nonetheless. The rocks finally started calming eventually, but by then Rampardos was on for a charge at Raichu; it was head smash for sure, one of the strongest rock-type moves out there that Rampardos could do more damage with than most people. He was going fast, so I needed luck, but I thought one attack could help.

"Nidoking! Earth Power, quickly!"

Nidoking threw another brown ball of earth energy right at Rampardos. It hit Rampardos in the back as he was charging, and made him fall face first to the ground; unfortunately, his face fell right on Raichu.

"Come on!" complained Surge. I just rolled my eyes and turned to Roark and Byron.

"We're best off getting out of here", Roark suggested to his father. Byron sighed to himself and put Bastiodon back in his pokeball, and Roark did the same with Rampardos. They sprinted right out of the cave.

Surge and I ran to the pokemon center and headed up Raichu. He was back up to full health in a matter of no time, and we still won the fight. Mewtwo was safe.

"Last time I fight beside you", Surge said in the pokemon center.

"It was an accident!"

"Accident or not, I don't want that risk"

"Aw, come on Surge"

"We'll fight again sometime, but for now, I'm out"

Surge walked with Raichu out of his pokeball right back to Vermillion. I started sorting through in my head where to go to next. The closest legendaries I could think of weren't in Kanto; Mew was missing as usual, there were already a lot of people fighting in Johto (unless you can find a reason why there was battling on that blimp you could see from anywhere), and the closest place I could get to was Sinnoh or Hoenn, and I couldn't swim or fly there on a transformed Ditto. I needed to take a boat. I was far behind Surge, but I wandered southwards to Vermilion dock. I'd go to wherever I could get to first. If a boat was going to Hoenn, I'd probably look randomly for Jirachi, and if it went to Sinnoh I'd search for where the Flower Paradise is that I heard about; it's where Shaymin is supposed to be.

I much preffered Hoenn to Sinnoh. I hoped it was that one.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:07 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Yang~

Misdreavus flew out.

"Psybeam," I screamed.

A team rocket member with a black looking Ginger did the same. His was much stronger and slammed the full brunt of of the beam at Misdrevus and at me. The back lash rammed into me and I was tossed off my feet. The last thing I saw before my eyes closed was that same Ginger taking down my Jolteon, Leafeon and Milktank. I hoped they wold be ok and then I saw nothing but blackness.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 am
Lauren2010 says...

Marie

"I haven't seen a center in ages, either," Marie said. "But I came from back there," she pointed back the road she arrived on. "Maybe there's a center if we keep following the road?"

Ella shifted where she was sitting silently on the ground. "I'll check my map," she said, pulling it out of her bag. She looked over it for a few minutes. "It looks like there's a small town with a pokemon center just a few miles up the road."

Marie stood up and stretched. She sent Flareon back into her pokeball and grabbed her bike. "Come on," she said. "We can all travel together."
Got YWS?

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:40 pm
Lethero says...

I watched Lugia sore out of the water, hit me and Honchkrow in mid-air. The water hit me like a concrete wall, and the breathe was knocked out of my body. I felt something tug at the back of my shirt and felt Dragonite lifting my head over the waterline. "Thanks."

Lugia landed on the ground near Gold and roared, and somehow I could understand his meaning in my mind. Who dares to disturb me? he shouted. As far as I could tell from the water Gold didn't understand it.

"Lugia," I yelled, "we had no intention of disturbing you, only to check on you."

I don't need humans to check on me, Dragon Child, he said.

"We were only concerned because Team Rocket is catching Legendary Pokemon."

Let them try, I will crush them.

"They already caught Ho-oh."

"Who are you talking to?" Gold shouted.

I glared at him till he was quiet, and then said, "Lugia, you must hide. Team Rocket will capture . . ." Before I could finish my sentence the cave shook, and suddenly a hole appeared in the roof with members of Team Rocket and their pokemon came down with the stone.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:06 pm
Todaiking says...

Trainer
Name: Alex
Hometown: Turn Back cave(lakeside), Sinnoh
Description:5'8, White hair, black jacket, black jeans, only carries 5 pokemon at a time...
History: Brother of Lance, Pokemon league champ. Only has 2 badges because he doesn't like to battle much, he usually likes to have chats before he battles and then never excepts badges unless he needs to...
Personality: Likes to have fun and is currently trying to find a girl to become a team member with...

pokemon~

1- Glaceon(F){doesn't have a pokeball because it broke, so she just walks around}
moves- Attract, dig, quick attack, dark pulse, theift

2- Noctowl(F)
moves- Fly, hyper beam, brave bird, mean look

3-Milotic(F)
moves- ice beam, surf, metronome, aqua ring

4-Charmander(F)
moves- Ember, flame wheel, attract, cut

5-Salamance(M)
moves- overheat, drago meteor, recover, magnitude

I awoke to the sound of people fighting and argueing, first thing I notice is my Glaceon runs off to were there are several other pokemon. The next thing I notice is that there was team rocket so I thought to myself My My just those has been popular, has been stupid team trying to get better known.... Then out the corner of my eyer I see a pokemon a huge one at that and the things that it was attacking or should I say attacking it, they were team rocket, the apparent winning side of this battle was team rocket.

"Go, Noctowl use brave bird on team rocket." I say throwing a pokeball.
Noctowl easily takes care of the first pokemon team rocket was using but the second 1 hit ko'd my noctowl till I see someone else fighting team rocket so I run up to them.
I said "Hey im Alex but we need to fight team rocket and im pokemon aren't in the best condition right now so lets work together."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:06 pm
Bloo says...

Gold

Well, at least we had beaten Team rocket here. Krow and Explo landed next to me, and I threw the rest of my Pokeballs. "Ready for a fight guys?" I said with a smile. "Explo, Start off with Sunny Day, Muddy go in with Ice beam, Krow, Ariel Ace." The room was flooded with light from the Sky Light as Explo willed the sun bright.

I saw Ash fighting in the water, his Pokemon flying around the air. I can;t really say what happened, because it was so chaotic, all I remember was screaming attacks left and right, while Vee just fought on his own. Lugia was shooting random hyper beams, occasionally making the ceiling crumble, or hitting us and sometimes team rocket. It wasn;t until the cavern was turned pitch black that I lost hope.

I looked up to see the Black Dragonite from Tin Tower. "GOLD, Focus on it!" I didn't need to be told twice. "Saur, Solar Beam, Krow, Fly Explo up and use Dark Pulse, Explo flamethrower. Muddy, Ice Beam the rocket's down here. And Vee, use whatever you got."

When Team rocket saw their mutation, they all retreated out of the area, leaving their pokemon to fight Lugia. I kept my Pokemon on Dragonite, but the thing didn't even feel our attacks. it just kept firing Hyper beams, Lugia having to now dodge the barrages.

"Ashton, its useless, we have to get out of here before this thing kills us!" I shouted. He hated it, but I was right.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

50 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:59 am
Howler says...

Gene

Lucky me! I just got to Vermilion when the SS Tidal was about to leave...to Hoenn! I was off in search for Jirachi at last. I had seen Jirachi before...in the sky one night in Orre. He was soaring up towards the moon like the shooting star he was. It still sticks pretty solidly in my head.

I paid for my ticket and got on the boat, and as it leaved I pulled out my Pokegear. I wasn't the biggest friends with too many people in Hoenn...and even so, everybody was always busy with something. It looked like I was going to be alone for a bit.

Then I found somebody on the deck; I found an old friend who used to be in the Indigo Plateau before being replaced; it was Lorelei. She was relaxing outside, suntanning and reading from the looks of it. I ran over to her and got her attention.

"Hey Lorelei, what brings you here?"

Lorelei put down her book. She rolled her eyes and sighed. We weren't the best of friends, mainly because I always ended up beating her humiliatingly, and when she did win it was humiliating to me. We took it in good fun though, like anybody should.

"I could ask you the same thing", she replied.

"To be honest, I'm actually trying to stop Team Rocket"

"Just couldn't stay in the gyms, could you"

"You want to join up? Trying to find Jirachi before they do, try and keep him safe"

"Oh, so Jirachi's a him, is he?" I never liked Lorelei's feminist side. I rolled my eyes. I called most legendaries by the gender they appear to be of, because the word "it" seemed pretty insulting to the most powerful, one of a kind pokemon around the world. And she...she just thought that everything genderless had the possibility of being female, and brought it forward every chance she could.

"Fine...it...you want to come with?"

"Wish I could, but I'm busy" Lorelei put her book up to her face.

"Come on, I could really use the help"

"You're a good trainer, I'm sure you'll be fine"

"Please?"

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Come onnnnnn"

"No, alright? I've got other business"

"Yeah right, like what?"

"Contest"

Lorelei did a lot of super contests. She was an expert battler, but broke these pokemon beauty pagents into what seemed like a war, if you read her notes. She was a tactition, which made her such a good battler in the first place. Shame she hadn't battled in as long as she had...a few years, I think.

"Fine", I said. I knew I couldn't win this. But perhaps I wouldn't have to. I looked over the edge of the boat and looked at the ocean view, when I saw something far more unusual than usual; a bright blue, almost transparent egg, with a red glowing core. I started thinking on what it could be...I only had one assumption;

Manaphy egg.

I threw Ditto out of his Pokeball.

"Ditto, transform into a Wingull and grab that egg"

Ditto morphed and soared down, grabbing the egg with his talons. He flew back on deck and dropped the egg in my hands. I looked closer, and it was definitely a Manaphy egg. These things were incredibly rare...I really lucked out here. I turned to Lorelei.

"Wanna hold it?"

Lorelei was very surprised. She blinked to herself, not believing it was real. She reached her arms towards me like a baby wanting her bottle. I walked over and handed it to her.

"So...what do you want to do with this?", she asked me.

"I guess we let it hatch and keep it safe"

"Gene...as crazy as this hero journey seems, how are you seriously going to keep these pokemon safe? Even if you protect them once, those Team Rocket idiots'll come back, right?"

I didn't usually think long term, but she was right. It'd be against my own promise to myself to keep the pokemon for myself, but it might be all I could do.

"When this thing hatches, I guess I'll keep him...her...it"

"Really?"

"You say that like I should regret it...it's all I can do"

"Really?"

"I'm not giving up this, 'hero journey', as you called it"

"Best of luck, I suppose"

Lorelei put her book back to her face. I went back indoors and put the Manaphy egg into my backpack, with a small fold open on top to leave some air. Maybe if it hatches next to me, it'll just hang around with me and not fly away. Either way, I headed back to my room. I wanted to lay down for a while before the ship arrived in Lilycove.

Manaphy Egg has been added to Gene's party!
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Yang~

I woke up to a rather pretty nurse with her hair in large hoops. She smiled at me as a Chancy waddled up beside her.

"What happened?" I asked.

You blacked out and from what the other trainer told me. Team Rocket got away with a legendary Pokemon in a blimp. He helped you and you Pokemon back here. Although he wasn't in much better shape," she said with a slight frown. .

"So all my pokemon are ok?"

She nodded. "They are being taken care of now."

I got up and noticed the kid from the fight standing by the window staring out.

I noticed someone else in the room. A tall blonde woman dressed all in black. I knew her as Cynthia the champion of my region. She looked at me as if trying to decide something.

"Judging by your situation I assume you have had a run in with Team Rocket,"
she said.

I nodded. Cynthia had a habit of turning up at the oddest of times.

"I'm not sure why but Team rocket has been systematically capturing legendary pokemon. I've been tracking their movements. The Elite four of each region has been tasked with monitoring and protecting the legendary pokemon if need be. I tell you this because I have a request. As such I know where they took the Raikou you were protecting. Lance the Champion of this region has already headed there to break him out before they transfer him to the Team Rocket man base. I'd like for you and your friend to go help him and tell him that Cynthia is looking for him."

She said no more. She just walked out with a swish of her coat.

I looked over the the other trainer. "Hey I'm Yang what's your name," I asked. I thought it would be wise to get to know the person that I may be going on a suicide mission with.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 pm
Todaiking says...

"Me im Alex" I said quietly to him as I was wore out from carrying him from the battle field.
I had heard everything that had been said by Cynthia and personally I wish that she didn't act so freaking serious. I sit down trying to catch my breath but I get a pain from were team rocket attacked my with a thunder after I tried to escape.
"Your lucky dude that you were so close to my camp otherwise my Glaceon might not have ever found you. You should lay down and wait before we leave because your pokemon are still being healed so why don't we get some lunch first?"
I ask the nurse in the room "Hey were is my Noctowl? I need my Noctowl now."
She complains and says to hold my horses but I can't wait to get revenge on those freaking idiots of team rocket.
Looking at the other dude I just glare waiting for him to talk.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:47 am
Jagged says...

Yann
With all his team paralyzed and near-fainting, there hadn't been much Yann could have done but stand there, helpless and unable to do anything but watch as Team Rocket successfully restrained and took away Raikou from just under his nose. They hadn't even bothered to knock him out, confident that he was no longer, and that was the worst - that they were, essentially, right.

He'd watched the whole process with teeth clenched and a litany of curses running through his mind, and was straining against the paralysis for a good ten minutes after their departure before its effects began to dissipate. His first thought was for his Pokemons; he stumbled to them on shaky, stiff legs and took out the paralysis heals, making sure they were more or less alright before returning them to their pokeballs.

Then he'd more or less dragged the other trainer back after returning his own Pokemon to their respective pokeballs (that had required quite some fumbling, but it was infinitely better than dragging them back to town), and collapsed after reaching the Pokecenter.

Trust the nurses to be efficient, though. Before he'd had time to say anything he'd been taken in charge, shooed to the side for a check-over and his Pokemon taken for recovery. Then that blonde had waltzed in, exposed the situation and asked him to go and risk his neck in some foolhardy quest to save the Legendaries, to which of course he'd answered yes.

And now the other trainer was awake. Good. He turned from the window he'd been blankly staring out of, eyes coming to rest on the other.

"I'm Yann. Thanks for the help out there, even if it didn't work out that well. Cynthia told you what she wants us to do?"

A nod. "Good. You need to get anything, or should we go? I don't want to lose time, not when they've got Raikou." He still wasn't over that. Team Rocket was going to get it.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:58 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Marie

Luckily, the Pokemon Centre wasn't far. Callie, Ella, and Marie traveled the distance together, talking and getting to know each other on the way.

In the centre, a smiling nurse took Callie and Marie's pokemon to treat and welcomed them to wait on nearby couches. They gladly welcomed the break.

Marie crashed on the couch, closing her eyes. "Finally, someplace comfortable to lie down. I haven't seen a bed at night for days."

"Where have you been sleeping?" Ella asked, her tone close to shock.

"I carry a small tent with me," Marie explained. "I don't mind sleeping on the ground, but there's nothing to compare to a nice soft bed."

The three chatted for a while longer until the nurse brought their pokemon back. Marie immedeately let her four pokemon out. She pulled four small bowls from her bag and put a handful of pokemon food in each bowl. The four took to it quickly, gobbling the homemade food down.

Callie's stomach growled loudly from the other couch. Marie laughed, "Hungry?" she asked.

Callie blushed and nodded. "Where do you think we could get a meal around here?"

Marie shrugged. "I have no clue. Do you know anyplace, Ella?"
Got YWS?

50 Reviews

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:25 pm
Howler says...

Gene

The SS Tidal pulled into the dock in Lilycove, and Lorelei got off the boat running; we arrived later than we expected. She was off on her own again, and I checked my backpack to make sure that the Manaphy egg was in my backpack. Thank god it was. I forget that thing and I am sincerely fucked.

My plan was to get to Lavaridge Town and meet a Kanto gym leader, Blaine. Blaine was a scientist and a gym leader who knew more than plenty about legendaries. I'd see him in Cinnabar, but he was off doing some sort of research thing at the desert, I didn't know exactly what. I figured he'd be willing to help. I wish I could've called him, but he was still pretty old...he didn't have any pokegear, and wouldn't know how to use it if he did. He was a very paper-pencil kind of guy.

I just had to go southwest to Mawille and then north to Blaine's second home in Lavaridge. But that probably was going to take a little longer than I was wanting. I looked towards Mt. Pyre, and wouldn't you know it, there was battling on top; you could see the lights going off from the top, looking like fire and special-flying attacks.

I threw Ditto out of his pokeball. "Transform into Articuno and fly up to the mountain, and be ready for a fight". He morphed into the magestic, legendary ice bird and we flew up. The reason Ditto could transform into just about any pokemon in the Kanto pokedex, including legendaries, was because I showed him all the files on just about every pokemon that Blaine had on his records, which were the first 151 in the standard pokedex. Ditto was probably the smartest pokemon I owned. He copied whatever pokemon I asked, and although he was a little weaker than the real thing, he was able to use far more varieties of attacks, which made him ready to take on any opponent.

We flew up, and I saw no Team Rocket members. Whoever was on top was doing a solo job, and they used either fire or water type pokemon. I couldn't think of any trainers I knew that used that, or at least any that would go over to Team Rocket. This wonder helped a little surprise when I made it.

On the top of Mt. Pyre was Maxi, the old Team Magma leader, but he wasn't in his usual red clothes; it was a Team Rocket outfit. He sold out, I supposed. His Camerupt was blasting a lava plume at his victim's pokemon, which was just going down for the count. The pokemon was a Pidgeot, and the trainer was...oh god, it was Falkner.

I've said before, Falkner and I weren't good friends in the least. I was a bit of a sore loser when I first met him, because he was one of the first gym leaders I ever fought. He beat me right down, and then I beat him right down the next day. We both hated each other.

Falkner put his Pidgeot back into his pokeball, and looked over at me. He didn't say a word, he just stared angrily. What, did he think I sicked Maxi on him? I got off of Ditto and pushed Falkner out of his standing point.

"Need a little help?"

Falkner grunted.

"Well, you're getting it anyway"

Maxi just gave a little laugh and turned his head to me. He just wanted to fight.

"Flash Cannon", commanded Maxi. Camerupt lowered his front half and aimed his back-volcanoes at Ditto, who was going to stay transformed as Articuno. I had a strategy that would work against any pokemon that only worked while transformed as Articuno. Camerupt's hump blasted a silvery beam directly at Articuno. It hit hard, but not too hard.

"Ditto, use mind reader, and stay moving". Ditto's eyes glowed bright white, and it stared towards Camerupt, strafing side to side in the air. Mind Reader was a move that could aim and make any move hit the target.

"Ancient Power, as many times as you can" Maxi said. Purple and brown rocks started appearing out of nowhere, and flew towards Ditto, who dodged almost all of them. Maxi didn't have a clue what I was doing, but he was thinking surprisingly high. But enough dodging had passed, and Ditto would make a direct hit for the next move for sure, no matter how rare it was to hit normally.

"Ditto, Sheer Cold!", I called out. Ditto started flying face first in circles, glowing an extremely bright blue. Ditto was creating a small, freezing cold, icy tornado around the entire peak of the mountain. Ditto left the circles and went high above Camerupt. Ditto crowed out a screech and gave a strong flap towards Camerupt, and the entire tornado collapsed directly into him. Camerupt was taken down by the 1-hit-k.o move.

Maxi put Camerupt back in the pokeball and threw out another pokemon, but not in Ditto's direction. It was a Honchcrow, and he jumped onto it's back and flew too far for me to catch.

"So, what're you doing here?" I asked Falkner, who was sitting on the ground.

"You're an idiot"

"What?"

Falkner pointed at a pedestal, where there was a blue orb on it on the right, and there was nothing on the opposite side.

"He took the red orb. He's trying to find Groudon"

"And why are you here?", I asked again.

"Visiting Winona, saw Maxi flying by when I was walking up from Slateport. I followed him, and..."

"and lost?"

"failed to win"

"Which is losing"

"Whatever. You're off to Fortree, I guess?"

"Please don't tell me you are too"

"We'll fly, and we'll shut up, alright?"

Falkner looked at me with his angry eyes again, and I got on Ditto (who was still tranformed as Articuno) and he pulled out a Skarmory and jumped on it. We flew to Fortree, after I checked my backpack again; Manaphy egg was still there. It was a quiet trip to Fortree, simple as that.

Well, I wanted to look for Jirachi and keep Manaphy safe, and now I was hunting to find and protect Groudon. Guess things don't always end up the way we plan them to.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

50 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:22 pm
Howler says...

Guys...don't let this die, please?
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:34 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Feel free to drag Amelia into something. I've lost where she is and Mad hasn't posted so I guess I'm sort of stuck.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)