z

Young Writers Society

YWS - Heroes vs Snoink's Evil Minions - Project N.A.T.E

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

I danced around the hallways of the school, music blaring through my headphones. Of course, it was one of my many, many, MANY playlists that went all over the place, and, therefore, made it perfect to dance to. I had been thinking about what Soap said, and, let me tell you, I think I might need to punch someone in the near future. I mean, Nate, the dude who was like, pssshtt, I don't know, Almighty Creator of YWS? It was crazy! What's more crazy is that it could be someone from YWS. Although there is always YWO.....

Just in time for me to have a fit of rage over thinking about those YWO suckers, Flyleaf's 'I'm So Sick' comes blasting through my ears.
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:14 am
irishfire says...

I sighed and looked out the window as Skye began driving away from the school.

Tucker sighed and lay down on my lap with a small huff. I grinned and pet him, he was being a good boy.

As time went on, I took my ever present Ipod out of my pocket and started listening to it.

Suddenly a thought hit me. "Wait, why do you guys want to go to Blizzard?"
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:50 pm
LookUpThere says...

Hey! Everyone's sleeping, okay, time for something really exciting.
---
I was tearing through the quiet halls of YWS. Everyone else was asleep but no, I just had to be running from one of Snoink's Evil Minions. It was like a living shadow, blades protruded from its arms. Whenever it moved, there was a hissing, grinding shriek. Sweat solidified on my skin I was going so hard.
"Wake up! Help! Firestarter! Mesh!" A few doors flew open, no one looked interested in helping me. They were all scared. I shut my eyes and thought of who could help. When I opened them again I was flying up the stairs, heading straight to room #99 - Bolt's Cloud.
---
"BOLT!" I shouted, tripping just as the monster rammed into me. It jumped onto me and tried to hack away at my face. "Lord Snoink will destroy you!" it hissed.
I took an opportunity. "Erre es Korakas!" and punched it in the face. It flew backwards, just as a stream of electricity arced and made quick work of the thing.

I stood up and brushed myself off, thanking Bolt as I did. He didn't look neither happy nor confused nor angry. I still wasn't very sure about him. "What is going on here!" boomed a voice from down the hall.

As I turned, I murmured, "Yikes..." The hall was completely trashed. Firestarter looked like he was about to ignite, I could swear there was steam coming from his ears. Someone came out of their room and explained their own twisted version of the story. I didn't know what they had against me, I was still very much confused. The way I remember it, the thing had surprised me while I was sleeping. This guy said I'd summoned it and let it rampage through the halls.
"Expelled. Get out," Firestarter hissed. This was completely unfair and made no sense. Little did I know then, this was an intricate plan by Snoink to eliminate me. I knew too much.
---
The following day, I said goodbye to my friends at the school and stole someone's motorbike. As I illegally drove out, I thought I caught glimpse of a grim looking girl, smirking evilly in her window. Probably just stress.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:52 pm
Gladius says...

I arrived on the quiet scene of commotion too late to do anything more than get an after-action report.

Darkie grumbled in my ear the whole way down the Boy's Dorm Hall, which was incredibly long (just as the Girl's Hall was, though I never noticed 'cause my room was on the end) even for Epona's long strides. I ignored my little shadow, though, and morphed into human-shift a few yards from the group clustered around Firestarter.

"Let this be a warning to the rest of you," he was saying sternly. "Letting Plot Bunnies and other dangerous monsters of the Writing World run loose like Hero's creature will not be tolerated. You must all learn to control your writing powers before attempting to move to such higher-level beings in your compositions. No one is to mess with them without the proper training. Is that understood?"

I tapped the closest student--who turned out to be Nutty--on the shoulder. "What happened?" I asked in a low whisper, trying not to draw the headmaster pro temporae's attention.

"Hero got chased through the school by some monster," the girl replied, taking one iPod earbud from her ears. "Someone said Hero conjured it just to get attention, but I don't believe it."

I frowned; from what I knew of him, Hero wasn't that kind of person. I mean, his name is TheNewHero, for god's sake.

Something fishy was going on around here.

"Neither do I," I agreed. "Neither do I."
-------------------------------------
The next morning, I watched unseen from my secret place in the bell tower of the school as Hero said good-bye to what close friends he had had here. My heart sank with guilt when I thought I should be down there; he was a nice enough guy from what I knew. He didn't deserve the treatment he was getting.

But I had something more important to do than see him off.

As soon as I saw his motorcycle zip through the inner gates around the main building, I nimbly dropped from my perch and slid down the smooth shingling on the tower's lower roof. As I reached and leaped off the edge, I allowed Esme's huge shape to take over and beat my wings just in time to avoid splatting against the concrete courtyard below.

"You gave those newbies quite the fright, y'know," Darkie commented, solidifying into his favorite raven-shape beside my head.

I just chuckled--didn't he remember that that was one of my favorite past times?--before turning my attention to the earth a hundred feet below. My target was following the road out to the campus' main gate at a steady sixty-five MPH; not bad for a motorcycle, and an easy workout for Esme.

"I'll wait 'til he's off campus first before talking to him," I decided, steadily flapping to gain altitude. I disappeared into a mass of cumulus clouds another couple hundred feet higher, the world nearly vanishing from my sight and little beads of condensation forming on my hide.

I could still see a faint outline of the major features below me, however. Dragonsight was even sharper than an eagle's, able to sort through the loose net of moisture in order to navigate safely in the otherwise blinding clouds. I could also track heat--very useful in an environment like this.

As soon as the little heat-radiating blob I knew was Hero turned onto the main back road that passed by the YWS campus, I locked my wings and dropped like a stone toward the scenery below.

"Time to make 'im an offer he can't refuse," I semi-quoted amusedly.
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper