z

Young Writers Society

The Living & The Dead.

Reviews: 4
Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 pm
Brea says...

The Living & The Dead.

(I am new, but I hope that doesn't really effect people joining. I looked at the rules, and I think I have it all down. But, if you see a problem just tell me and I'll fix it.)

Rules:
-Regular YWS rules apply
-No god-modding
-No cursing permitted
-No sex scenes
-Post regularly (150 words to post)
-No killing off characters without permission

Plot:
A normal town on the outskirts is being overrun by the undead. The supposed dead are breaking from the grave to get their revenge on the living. Creating havoc and dispair where ever they trudge.

The government believes that cires for help, Sunnyshine Village send out, are just to get attention from the other states. Closing of their food and water supplies, Sunnyshine Village is being secluded from their basic needs.

Dead bodies are being found in the day; mangled with fresh blood staining their lips. whilst at night the undead plague come back in full fledged number to bring Sunnyshine VIllage to it's cold dying knees.

The High school students of Sunnyshine Village band together to destory this undead menace before it's to late.

Setting:
A small town with a small population, which is rappidly decreasing. Sunnyshine Village, a small town on the outskirts of America ressides close to one of America's largest graveyards.

Sunnyshine isn't located on the map, though, it is famous for its fall and the changing of leaves. One of the most gorgeous sights at day time, though the most horrid blood thining sight at the peek of night.

The highschool is a small house which is a safe zone. The reason is unknown, but it is the safest part in the whole of the town...though, only a few can fit in here.

Character Profile:

Spoiler! :
Name: (First, Middle/Nickname, Last)
Appearance: (This is not optional, must be written in words)
Picture: (Optional, can be either anime of human)
Personality:
History:
Strengths/Weakness:
Likes/Dislikes:
Up for Love:
Other: Do they smoke? Drink? Have a job? Book Worm? Things that make your character unique.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Ooh, ooh, ooh... Can I play two characters? If so, can one be an undead/turn into an undead at some point?
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:13 pm
Brea says...

Yes sure.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:24 pm
Brea says...

Name: Clover "Duck" Mead

Appearance: Brown hair that is often held up away from her small face. She has deep hazel eyes that always have a childish glimmer in them. She stands tall for her age, though not to big that she towards over everyone. She has a tan complexion, with a slim build.

Picture:
Spoiler! :
Personality:

History: Clover use to live in Texas on her fathers duck farm, though, when all the livestock started dissapearing they were forced to move to Sunnyshine Village. A place cheap enough of them to start a franchise in.

Her father created a small little shack which he turned in to a cafe, one of the most famous places in the who of Sunnyshine Village. Clover still goes by the nickname Duck, even though she left the farm long ago.

Clover's Brother, Mark, has been taken. And the whereabout of him are unknown, the only thing that they do know is that he was stabbed before he was taken.

Personality: Just as her nickname, Clover matches a duck. She isn't graceful, always tripping over her own feet. And can be very loud and boisterious. When she wants to be she can be very ladylike, otherwise, she acts like a guy which her parents cannot stand.

Strengths/Weakness:Clover at all strong, though she is fast and agile. She cannot think up solutions on the spot, though she is smart and with a lot of thought can be very useful.

Likes/Dislikes: Clover loves ducks. Ever since she was younger she has admired them for how they are created. She loves anything living and nature, though she cannot stand the sight of to much gore, and hates cemetries.

Up for Love: Yes

Other: She works in her fathers shop as a waiter.

100 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:28 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Awesome. :D

Name: Silvia Ann Collins
Appearance: Small and a little short for her age. She's relatively thin and has startling blue eyes. Her hair is grayish black. She wears jeans, miniskirts, and t-shirts and tank tops.
Picture:
Spoiler! :
AnimeGirl27.jpg
AnimeGirl27.jpg (61.27 KiB) Viewed 93 times

Personality: Shy and reserved. She doesn't approach people unless she absolutely has to. She's especially shy towards boys.
History: She was born too early, and her voicebox never developed properly. She grew up in Seattle, WA and recently moved to Sunnyshine.
Strengths/Weakness: She's very clever and able to come up with strategies. She's mute, and very shy, and a bit of a coward.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Books, quiet places, water, nature, and being alone. Dislikes: Being made fun of because of her inability to speak, over-confidence, drugs/drinking, and mean people in general.
Up for Love: Sure.
Other: Mute. She's currently the top of her class.

Name: Samuel (Sam) Wickens
Appearance: Average height and build. He has blond hair and gold-gray eyes. He wears plain jeans and a white t-shirt most of the time.
Picture:
Spoiler! :
AnimeGuy1.jpg
AnimeGuy1.jpg (74.82 KiB) Viewed 93 times

Personality: He's relatively quiet and a bit shy towards girls, but he's a sweet fun-loving guy.
History: Grew up in Sunnyshine.
Strengths/Weakness: Doesn't tend to stand up for himself and stutters horribly when he's nervous.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: reading and hanging out with his friends. Dislikes: Pretty much all bad habits (smoking, drinking, ect), and fast food.
Up for Love: Sure
Other: Works part-time at a grocery store.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:58 pm
MayApple says...

Name: Alexandra "Alex" Maire Capo
Appearance: Medium length black hair, borwn eyes and slightly tanned skin. Allways has a variety of cuts and scars on her somewhere.
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is a tough girl with a don't-mess-with-me attitude. She will freak if you make her mad, and use some of her karate moves on you, or her pistol. She was a rebel from the start and still will not follow any rule given her. On the contrary, she will dilibetately disobey it.
History: She was born to two happy-go-lucky parents that wanted there little Alexandra to be a lawyer. From the time she was three she was scribbling on walls, breaking any rule she can. Life continued much the same, and she dropped out of high scool as soon as she could. She has been living her life stealing things with a gang of her making.
Strengths/Weakness:
Strengths-A good fighter, can use a pistol and clever.
Weakness-Will not follow any orders, too bold.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes motorcycles, her jacket, rain, and her pistol. Dislkies happy-go-lucky people and hot/sunny days.
Up for Love: Sure.
Other: Was the leader of a gang and dropped out of high school. Has a black belt in karate.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:47 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: (First, Middle/Nickname, Last): Anna Marie Livingston. Goes by Anna Marie

Appearance: (This is not optional, must be written in words): Anna Marie has short black hair cut in a pixie style. She has pitch black eyes and her skin seems pale since her hair is so dark. She's tall and slim.

Personality: Anna Marie has been a quiet person ever since her mother died in the beginning of the year. She normally keeps to herself but she'll get help if she needs it.

History: Anna Marie's mother died in the beginning of the year and ever since then she hasn't acted the same.

Strengths/Weakness: Strengths-She knows how to protect herself. Weaknesses-She doesn't like hurting people...and her mom is one of the undead so that doesn't help.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Rainy days. Being outside Dislikes-Being cooped up. Her birthday.

Up for Love: I guess

Other: Do they smoke? Drink? Have a job? Book Worm? Things that make your character unique: Anna Marie has a way of knowing things. She knows everything about everyone, she's also good at guessing when things are gonna happen, she knows even the most random facts.
Live, Love, Laugh

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 am
Brea says...

Thankyou all for joining. I hope to start soon, though, I do think we are in need of guy characters. :) I'll make one if we don't get anymore people who join. (Which I hope more people do join! Please.)

84 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:48 pm
fictionfanatic says...

if you want I can make a male character...
Live, Love, Laugh

100 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:38 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Yeah, ratio sucks right now. xP 4-1.

Oh, by the way, Brea? What do the undead look like? Just your typical zombies, or what?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:59 pm
kidashka says...

I will make a boy within a few days... sorry for the wait... but if not by wednesday then start anyway. :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:13 pm
Jas says...

Name: (First, Middle/Nickname, Last) Miranda Ariel Stephano
Appearance: (This is not optional, must be written in words) She has just past the shoulder dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Is pretty tall and thin.
Picture: (Optional, can be either anime of human)
Personality: very sarcastic and acts strong but really is afraid of the ZOMBIES :)
History: Both parents are dead. Has a younger sister who is in foster care in another state. Lives with her eccentric aunt.
Strengths/Weakness: Is a black belt. Is terrified of needles.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Karate. Ice cream Dislikes: zombies. Pink
Up for Love: yes
Other: Do they smoke? Drink? Have a job? Book Worm? Things that make your character unique. She plays the piano and is a black belt.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:05 pm
View Likes
Brea says...

Yeah, they're your typical zombie. Blanch! :lol: I'll make a guy character than. (He's a very moody one.)

Name: Alex McKenna

Appearance:Light black hair that almost looks brown and peircing ice blue eyes. He stands tall for his age, though he isn't very built. He has muscles but they are always hidden under thick clothing.

Picture:

Spoiler! :

Personality: Twilight Vampire-To sum Alex up, you just have to know the show. He's depressive and moody, and always seems cold. Most people are repulsed by him (Guys) but others are obbssessed (Girls.)

History: Alex's Parents died a few months back, forcing Alex to move in with cousin; Clover. Before they had died, Alex had lived in a shakc a few metres away from the cemetry. A man in his fourites would always approach the house warning them of the danger of living in this area. Alex's family never listened, and for that, paid the ultimate price.

Strengths/Weakness:Alex is always moody, which often brings the people around him down a notch. He can run fast and hit hard, though, that is only when he wants to. Otherwise he cowers away.

Likes/Dislikes: Alex doesn't like anything, he has a strong hate for the cemetry and Sunnysihne Village. He also doesn't like the people in it, excluding Clover and her family, and would rahter the zombie acopolypse took the whole village to the floor.

Up for Love:Yes

Other: He blames himself for his parents death, and has four slashes on his wrist from when ever he is left alone.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 pm
Brea says...

Ratio is now; 5:2 We need more guys. It would great Fiction if you make a guy, and we'll wait Kidshka. Maybe more will join and we won't really be in need of doubling up....hopefully. :lol:

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:48 am
fictionfanatic says...

I'll make a guy...

Name: (First, Middle/Nickname, Last): Zather Lee Cummings. Goes by Zazz

Appearance: (This is not optional, must be written in words): Zazz has blue hair from a science experiment gone wrong. He also has blue eyes so it looks kind of strange.

Picture: (Optional, can be either anime of human):
Spoiler! :
Image Just imagine him with blue eyes and blue hair if you can.

Personality: They call him Zazz because he always adds a little extra pizazz to the day. He's an outgoing person who always seems to be happy. He always looks on the bright side of things. He's also very random. You never know what he'll do next.

History: Zazz has lived here his whole life. Zazz is an only child so no one really knows why he acts that way. He was diagnosed with ADD but that doesn't have anything to do with him being bright and cheery.

Strengths/Weakness: Strengths-Zazz can always find something good in a situation. He's also not afraid to defend himself. Weaknesses-Short attention span (due to his ADD)

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Everything. Dislikes-Nothing he knows of.

Up for Love: Sure

Other: Do they smoke? Drink? Have a job? Book Worm? Things that make your character unique.: Zazz doesn't take his ADD medication because it makes him gloomy. He also has a weird way of thinking (meaning he suggests weird things and he always comes up with strange ideas.)
Live, Love, Laugh

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell