z

Young Writers Society

The Living & The Dead.

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:52 am
Brea says...

Thanks Fiction! :D I hope to start soon...soon...soon...Hey does anyone watch Storm hawks. No, okay never mind.

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:32 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Hey there, I'd like to join! Saving a spot for a guy.

Edit:

Name: Jack "Skellington" Livingston

Appearance: Average height, blonde hair that's always mussed, very blue eyes, athlete's body

Personality: Total ladies' man, thinks he's on top of the world, but has a kind personality once you break through his cockiness

History: As an only child, he's become very social and thus very confident in himself. His parents aren't too involved with his activities, so he's learned to entertain himself.

Strengths/Weaknesses: He's very confident in social situations, but struggles with schoolwork and feels intelligently inferior.

Likes/Dislikes: He likes hanging with his friends and followers, and dislikes any sort of work, especially chemistry. :P

Up for love: But of course.

Other: He has a secret crush on...some girl.
Last edited by Ranger Hawk on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Reviews: 4
Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 am
Brea says...

Yes sure Ranger. I'm going to get this underway, and more characters can sign up as we go, if they’d like.

Prologue

Thunder crashed across the skies of Sunnyshine Village illuminating the shadowed cemetery below. Moss spindled up the cracking gravestones covering the engraved spidery writing scrawled across the headstone.

The ground below was covered in weeds that spread towards the poppy filled fields swaying in the breeze. Another bolt of thunder cracked through the sky creating a long fork breaking towards the tombstones.

A hand broke through the surface, rotting fingers flexing the night. Pieces of skin flew off in all direction leaving gnarled bones in their wake. With a moan a body broke through the clay, sending shards of dirt in all directions.

Clover "Duck" Mead

A blood curdling scream broke through the silence of my bedroom sending me hurtling towards door. Pressing my clumsy fingers to the knob I forced it open sprinting down stairs.

My mother stood over a carton of eggs smashed on the floor, her facial features withdrawn and horrified.
“What’s wrong Mum?” I asked walking briskly towards her. My mother turned towards my messy face, and smiled nervously.

“Did I wake you little Ducky?” She engulfed me in a large bear hug squeezing at my shoulders. Alex stumbled down the stairs pushing his hair from his face.
“What the hell is going on?” He snapped his ice blue eyes glimmering with anger.

“I thought I saw a cockroach on the eggs, though I over reacted. It was just a fly…” She laughed nervously again. I pulled myself out of her grip groaning lazily.
“Well now that you two are up you can get ready for school. It starts in about half an hour.”

Alex McKenna

I walked down the streets, watching the school growing as I advanced towards it. I sighed as I heard someone cough “Vampire” behind me. I flicked my hair from my eyes pushing my bag up onto my shoulder.

It got the girls, so I wasn’t really complaining. A ray of sunshine sprayed down onto my back warming my neck and the hairs upon it.
“Freak!” Another voice shouted beside me before sprinting away with a loud snigger.

Rolling my eyes I glanced down at the pavement, something silver caught my eye. Ducking down I picked up a coin, one that looked as if it dated way back in to history. Flipping it over, I squinted at a red stain on the top of the coin.

It looked like…blood.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:23 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Anna Maria:

I had a bad feeling about today. I didn't know why yet but I knew something waas going to happen. I just knew it. I took my time going to school. I was actually running five minutes late. I sucked in my cheeks as I took my seat. I looked around at everyone and said nothing. It was going to be a long day.

Zazz:

I skipped down the hallway singing You Are My Sunshine even though I got dirty looks from everyone who didn't know me. I slammed into my locker to stop myself and quickly twisted the combonation. I was jittery so I kept getting it wrong. Mom had tried to get me to take the medication again but I refused yet again. I hated that stuff. It made me depressed. I much rather enjoyed being the weirdo. I finally got my locker open and plucked out my few books. I turned on my heel slamming the door shut and skipped to class.
Live, Love, Laugh

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare