z

Young Writers Society

The Robin Hood Gang 3: A World Joined (Ended)

Reviews: 4
Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 pm
MayApple says...

Maitea

I, against better judgment, had stayed up most of the night, watching Ace. I knew just watching him wasn't going to do anything, but it felt like I had to for whatever reason. I finally went to my room and slipped on some different clothes, and strapped a gun to my side, but then I went immediately back to Ace's room. I find him awake.

"Want anything for breakfast?" I ask him.

"No really hungry," he looks me over, "You go get something. Ask Riley what the plan is." I nodded, and ran downstairs. I grabbed myself a cup of coffee, and then sat down by Riley and Alis, who were looking at a map of what looked like the governor's house.

"Okay, what's the plan?" I ask her.

"You, as you know, are going with Cleo, Chris, Sal, and Jimmy. I am also adding Howard to your team. You'll be watching the perimeter of the house. Ace, Aurelie and Eve are staying here. They will help hack the locks. This should be a piece of cake for Ace. Me, James, Alis, and Reg will actually be in the house." Riley explains. I had vaguely remembered that, but just forgotten the details.

"But me and Ace,"

"Are on separate teams," she said, and I knew that was the end of that discussion. As much as I wanted to argue, I knew it wouldn't get me anywhere. I walked back upstairs to tell Ace the plan.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:09 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

I'd woken up quite abruptly to the sound of silence. It was a strange thing, that. How someone could sleep to the tune of a natural noise buffered by car windows but as soon as the noise went dead, they awoke as if startled by loud bang. I cursed after realising I'd spent the whole night sleeping in the front of the 4x4, but I remembered why. Thinking about stuff like that was ultimately weary, despite the already lack of sleep that was going around. Clambering out of the 4x4, I hesitated, before reaching back into the back seat and pulling out a bag full of equipment. I stripped off my top and delved into the bottom of the bag to find a stab-proof vest. Sure it wasn't bulletproof, but it would sure as heck slow down a bullet if it came at me. I pulled it over my body and then replace my hoody over the top.

Reaching into the bag, I took out a pair of trainers, which should help me with the run about stuff. The shoes I usually wore weren't as comfortable for these kinds of heists, so trainers that were was a comforting thought. Then, the final addition, a small 9mm hand gun and a combat knife. That would do enough for me... and if it didn't, then it's not like I haven't been shot before. Despite that thought, I knew my body wouldn't be able to take many more bullets before I grew weak; the run in with the PKs... then the run in with Riley. I pushed the thoughts aside.

Once happy with everything, I jogged into the mansion and found the room where Riley and Alis hung over a blue print of a house, Maitea was just leaving the room. I stepped aside to let her go by, but didn't make eye contact. It was best that way. Then, I walked into the room and took a seat next to Riles.

"Mornin'," I said.

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm
Fox says...

Eve

Today was the day. I was a little excited, but then I remembered that I would be staying home. My job was pretty important, though. At least, that's what I kept telling myself.

I sat in the living room with my laptop, getting everything set up and ready. I was an expert at stuff like this, so I knew I would have some fun, even if I wasn't in on any action.

Aurelie came downstairs on the couch next to me.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"There's a heist today." I explained.

"Oh ya."

"You, me, and Ace are going to stay home while the others go out. We're going to be hacking the locks."

Aurelie looked a little worried.

"I'm not really sure how to do that kind of stuff." she said. I chuckled.

"Don't worry. Ace and I will take care of it." I said. She nodded.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:57 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

Reg walks in, and sits next to me, "Mornin'," I nod my greeting, looking down at the map.

"I think I've got it," Alis says, looking down again. We had been working on memorizing the map, one less thing to carry around. I look at the clock over the sink. The rest of them had five minutes to get up before I hunted the lot of them down and reminded them who was boss around here.

"We've done our best, anyway," I said, leaning back in my chair and taking another swig of my coffee.

"Got a plan?" Reg asks. I had worked on a plan last night, it wasn't anything too complicated, but it would prevent any trouble. It put our best skills to use, and kept the job simple. James would take out the alarm systems that the crew at home couldn't. Me and Reg would handle finding and breaking into the safe, while Alis would take out the guard that walked around the house. In my opinion, a governor didn't need guards in an empty house, but it would mean more fun for Alis.

"Sort of, but I have to wait for James to get down here. I'd rather only explain it once; he has three minutes. I told the lot of them to be up and ready by eight. It's seven fifty-three," I rolled up the map and put it on the floor beside my chair. I drummed my fingers on the table subconsciously, my patience was dwindling. Reg seemed relatively at ease, but he had always been the more patient of the two of us. Alis was on the edge of her seat, anxious to put use to the bullets in her gun.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:47 am
Fox says...

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm gone for the weekend, so I won't be posting.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 2
Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:22 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

"Sort of, but I have to wait for James to get down here. I'd rather only explain it once; he has three minutes. I told the lot of them to be up and ready by eight. It's seven fifty-three," Riley explained.

"Screw the rest of them. Me, you, Maitea, and Reg can handle this whole thing. The rest of them can go to...."

"Alis," Riley interrupted, "we need the others. As much as you think we can, the four of us won't be able to handle this,"

"I think we could," I sniff, and lean back against the back of the chair. Suddenly, the back of it collapses I go tumbling to the floor. In a fit of rage, I stand up. In the need to blow off some steam, I shoot a hole in the wall. The bullet goes through the wall and hits a vase, which tumbles to the floor and smashes.

"Well," I say dryly, "I think I woke everyone up."

"Never again," Riley's voice goes all serious and hateful. I shrug, and walk out of the room.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:33 pm
Howler says...

Howard

It was a good night's rest. It was wierd going to sleep and knowing it'd be the same place I'd wake up for who knows how long. I didn't think I'd get kicked out or anything, but there was always a chance of anything, I suppose. I was dressed, a few minutes before the wake up time for everything today, and as I walked down the stairs, I heard it; the sudden, random gunshot from downstairs.

I acted on a mild impulse and pulled a desert eagle out of my pocket. I jumped right into the rush and theory that somebody was shooting at somebody else, and I wanted to stay safe. Unfortunately, everything had been much more normal when I went downstairs, seeing everybody else relaxed. Alis was standing with her eyes rolled and a gun in her hand, there was a hole in the wall and a shattered vase on the floor, and everybody else down there were seeming normal; well, a little confused that I had my gun pointed at them, but normal.

"Uh..." I nervously said as I put my gun back in my pocket, "Morning, everybody"

They knew what happened on their end, they'd give me a break about it, they'd understand. Either way, I felt awkward enough to stay pretty quiet as I surfed around the kitchen for something I wanted to eat; I was pretty picky with my food, unfortunately. I'm sure it'd be the death of me eventually.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

42 Reviews

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:33 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

By eight-thirty all of the others were in the kitchen, obviously ready to go. "That took you all long enough," I said coldly when the last one arrived. But, now wasn't the time for an argument. We needed to work as a team, or else this whole thing would fail.

"You lot know your groups?" Reg asked. Most of them nodded or mumbled a yes, so I didn't bother re-explaining.

"The plan is simple enough. Team one stays at home and dismantles any alarm system you can. Team two watches...."

"We know, Riley," Sal said impatiently. Who was she to tell me off? I gave her a nasty look, and made a mental note to myself to deal with her later.

"Fine," I stood up, "let's get moving then." I brushed past them out of the room, with the rest of my group close behind me. I got on my motorcycle, and strapped my helmet in place. Once the rest of Team three was settled in their vehicles, I nodded and we all drove off. In less than fifteen minutes the governor's house loomed above us, as if it was daring us to try and enter. I smiled, as if to accept the challenge.

Alis walked up next to me, "Let's do this," I said, and began to walk towards the governor's mansion.

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:15 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

I shrugged, and followed her, "So my job is basically to shoot without question?" I asked her when I caught up.

"Basically," she said. I did a little fist pump, and took my gun out.

"This should be fun," I walked up to the door, and blew the lock. A light blinked, but no alarm went off. I made a mental note to thank Ace and the rest of that crew. With that I went in, gun out in front of me. James was suddenly beside me, obviously looking for cameras or anything like that.

Then, I heard footsteps in the hall next to me. I turned and fired. The man ducked, and I shot again, this time hitting my target. I shot him once more for good measure, then re-loaded my gun. "What a waste of three bullets," I mumbled to myself. I reset the gun, then continued to walk down the halls.

I was completely alone now, and mine were the only footsteps to be heard. I eased up a little as I walked, and the sound of my feet hitting the floor vanished. The whole world was silent, then a bullet whizzed past my head.

"Dammit, James," I whispered when I recognized the figure in the dark, "look before you shoot."

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:54 pm
Fox says...

Eve

"Okay, we got the main alarm system taken car of." I said to Aurelie without taking my eyes away from the laptop in front of me. She wasn't really doing anything, but I was keeping her informed. I couldn't blame her. It was best for her to just stay out of the way since she didn't know what to do.

"Great," Ace said with a nod, "but there are cameras everywhere! Someone could be watching every move they make."

"Not for long." I said. We were doing good so far, and I wasn't going to let that change. In no time at all the cameras were out. James had already shot a few of them, so it didn't take too long. We could still see them, though.

"This would be a lot easier if we could communicate with them. Next time, we're giving them that microchip. I don't care if Alis doesn't think they need it. It sure would make our job a heck of a lot easier." I said. Ace nodded. We were doing okay, though, so I wasn't too worried.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:28 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

I looked around at the dark hallway. Suddenly, from less than ten feet from me, I hear, "Dammit, James, look before you shoot."

"Both of you, shut up," I growled, and turned to open the door to the room I was going into. I take two steps, then I am grabbed from the side. On instinct, I punched whoever was holding me, then kicked him in the shins. I turned around to see a cop lying on the ground. I took out a gun and shot him.

I turned and realized he wasn't alone. There were at least six of them, all heavily armed. I heard a few bullets go off in another room, and some groaning. So there was more in the other rooms, and I was alone. I shrugged, took out my gun, and open fired. Besides the few I shot, I knocked one out cold with my fist. One I thought I had killed shot my leg, and I buckled down in pain.

A few bullets went about a foot over my head and the last two standing police officers collapsed. "It's a trap," Alis said, looking around.

Ignoring the stabbing pain in my leg, I asked, "Is that all?"

"No, the house is surrounded. I called the others for backup. What part of 'It's a trap' do you not understand?"

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:13 pm
Fox says...

Eve

All of a sudden, my computer shot off. I hit the side of it, beginning to panic.

"What's going on?" I asked Ace. "My computer just shut down!"

"Mine too. I can't see anything that's going on." Ace said.

"This is bad. Someone knew about this."

"What are we going to do?" he asked.

"I'm not sure." I said. Suddenly, the phone rang. It was Alis.

"What is it. Are you guys okay. I can't see you on my computer. I don't know what's going on." I said.

"Calm down. We need you guys to get over here. It was a trap. Come heavily armed. I..."

The line was cute off.

"Oh crud." I said.

"What is it?" Aurelie asked.

"We need to get over there. Fast."
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:51 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

Before long, James and Reg were in the room with me and Alis.

"How many are there?" I asked, barley managing to keep my voice even from the stabbing pain in my leg.

"Twenty or thirty." James answered casually, as if talking about the weather. He leaned against the wall, and let out a sigh. I took a deep breath, trying to stifle the pain in my leg. I had a feeling the bullet had been poisoned. Not enough to kill me, but enough to make it hurt ten times more than it would have otherwise.

"But their regular cops," Alis grinned, "Piece of cake." Her lets-go-kill-someone attitude was unaltered by even the prospect of twenty-plus cops at the front door. I rolled my eyes at her, and then gave her a look. I turned back to James and Reg.

"You'll have to do most of the fighting without me. My leg got shot, and I'm not sure if I can walk. the rest of you can handle just thirty cops, right?" My smile didn't touch my eyes, because I was honestly worried.

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:21 pm
Kaywiia says...

Come on people.....post!!!!

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Fox says...

Sorry. I thought about it, but I was just...*sigh* idk. KK, I'll post

Eve

I ran into Alis's room and grabbed a bunch of guns, then to Reg's to grab two bullet-proof vests. I handed Ace some guns and a vest.

"We have to go and help them. For them to me able just to make it inside and get past Howard, Maitea, and the rest of them, there must be a lot." I said.

"What am I supposed to do?" Aurelie asked.

"Stay here." I said.

"Eve, someone's probably going to come here." Ace said. I sighed.

"Fine, you can come with us." I grabbed another bullet-proof vest from Howard's room and handed it to her, along with a gun.

"Great. Now let's move people. We need to hurry." I said, running out the door and into the driver's seat of a random convertible. Ace hopped, literally, into the passenger's seat. Aurelie got in, by opening the door, the back. I didn't even give her time to buckle before driving off.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne