z

Young Writers Society

The Shadows- *Started, but spots still open!*

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:09 am
eldEr says...

I've got a DT thread up now!! ummm... yeah...here's a link :lol: post692157.html#p692157
Plot:
Two orphans, theives and friends are fleeing from their tribe in the land of Analara as a result of being caught stealing from the empress Carolina. After the empress' son, Marroe, enrages one of the two companions, she is holding a sword against Marroe's throat. A guard walks in just then, and their offense is punashable by banishment, but the one caught assulting the Emporor's son is punishable by death. The two flee, carrying only their weapons, clothes and two black cloaks. They steal to the shadows.Turns out that they aren't the only wrong-doers in Analara. Along the way meet other banished children and scarred teenagers that have escaped the wrath of the Empress for their own reasons. This is only the beginning. They band together, although not all get along well, and fight the elements and make seperate camps within the area of a strange circular stream they find. Here, they are hidden from all of Analara for the stream is unkown to the rest. They work in vain to keep it that way. There are other threats. Strange creatures that nobody has before seen in Analara are constantly finding the camp, tearing it apart and terrorizing its inhabinats. They eventually will become the most feared tribes in all of the land and are plotting against the queen.

About Analara and the Empress's family:
Here, the Empresses are in charge. They will marry up to 20 husbands and have had up to 1000 "little husbands." However, Empress Carolina has only one husband and twelve "little husbands." She finds that her husband, Emporor Torrius runs off with his servants, but she pays it no mind. He also had a few children that were not the Empress's, but they are treated as only servants. Carolina despises them all, but her husband insists they be allowed at leaste some advantages. Rules are strict and life for the poor is tragic. The Empress of Analara hates the poor, and she makes their lives difficult as possible. Everybody has a different tribe depending on physical appearance, skin tone is a major difference to the Empress. She often sets fire to a whole tribal village in an effort to clear room for her Barons. (the rich and powerful). Most of Analara is smothered in trees and mountains, though there is one dessert. They have many rivers and one in particular that 'The Tribe' find. A small, circular strea. It has no end and no beginning, hence being a circle. Nobody understands how the water remains flowing, but it does...and it flows fast .

Characters:
Protaganist 1: Claimed by myself
Protaganist 2: Claimed by ScarlettFire
Teenagers ---No more girls please! We need guys!
1. Apple
2. Forestqueen808
3. Kelcia
4. elfwriter97
5. RazHuni

Children
1.Apple
2.Kelcia
3.Lydia1995
The Side Of The Empress (We can start without them though)
Empress Carolina: ScarletteRose
The Empress' son: Ben10
The Emporor:
Head Guard (Can also take on the role of random guards):
Army General (Can also take on the role of random warriors):

Character Profile:

Name:

Age (5-18):

Personality:

Powers (If you choose to have them):

Skills:

Likes/Dislikes:

Appearance:

Looking for love (yes/no):

Other:

Rules
1.) No God-Modding
2.) No huge powers (No flying, superspeed superstrength, ect... keep them minor such as the ability to speak to animals, ect..)
3.) No flawless characters
4.) Keep language and content PG-13, please use only minor curse words
5.) No killing other players without their consent.
6.) If you want to quit, please notify me
7.) Romance is definately aloud, but please no vivid sex scenes
8.) 2 character max per person
9.) Marriages are allowed, but both characters have to agree. If you want children, one of you will have to take the roll of that child. Decide which that is in the DT or through PM's. These children's profiles should be placed in the DT only.
Last edited by eldEr on Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

384 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:14 am
eldEr says...

Character Profile:

Name: AnnaRose

Age (5-18): 16

Personality: Fairly calm, sarcastic but wise, kind to those she gets along with however cold to those whom she doesn't, secretive to most and has a soft-spot for children and babies.

Powers (If you choose to have them): Incredible grace and agility as well as Stamina. She can run rather fast and jump very high.

Skills: Excellent with a sword and knife, can climb rocks, mountains and trees very well. She assumes she would be excellent at martial arts-if only somebody would teach her.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Animals, nature, music, children, literature Dislikes: Snobs, Loud people, the Empress and her son

Appearance: Jet Black straight hair down to her mid-back, blue eyes and quite slim from lack of food and being constantly on the go.

Background: Orphaned at birth and has no idea who her parents are. She has lived a life as a thief and has only one friend. She was banished for above reasons. Not much else is known about her other than that she is rarely found without Han.

Looking for love (yes/no): yes

Other: Trying to convince Han to teach her martial arts and wonders what he views her as. A little sister, a friend, or more perhaps? It can be difficult to get her to open up to, but is very loyal once you do. She always wonders about her parents and hopes to one day meet them.
Last edited by eldEr on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Name: Parker Jackson

Age (5-18): 17

Personality: Parker is very defensive, but can be a really funny guy once you get to know him. He is nice, and will respect people, or at least try to. He will fight for those he loves and defend them.

Powers: He can read minds

Skills: Parker is very good with weapons and such.

Likes/Dislikes: Nice people, girls, running, climbing, swimming. He hates snobby people, cocky people, protectiveness.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Looking for love (yes/no): Sure

Other: He sometimes takes runs or swims or hikes to cool off if he gets mad, or sometimes for the pure fun of it.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:53 am
ScarlettFire says...

Here's my profile.

Name: Han Fang-Liu.

Age (5-18): 18.

Personality: Han is usually kind and caring, though he's toughened up a bit since he was banished and can come across as really harsh and cruel. But don't be discouraged, it's just a mask.

Powers (If you choose to have them): The sight. Can see small parts of the future, like glimpses of it really or just a strong sense of danger. Never a full on vision or a very strong one.

Skills: Stealth, Martial arts, can use a sword/katana.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes the forest, his friends and his weapons. Dislikes the Emperor/Empress and the prince.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Looking for love (yes/no): Yes.

Other: He's technically the prince's younger brother...but he's not the Empress's son. His Mother is one of the Emperor's servants. Han often feels left out because of this.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 am
Apple says...

I'll post for teenager! :D
I spy!

384 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:12 pm
eldEr says...

Don't forget to post your profile when you have time, Apple ;)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

384 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:24 pm
eldEr says...

Anybody else want a spot? I'll accept more as the story progresses, but for now I think that this is PLENTY of people.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

384 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:08 pm
eldEr says...

I need at leaste 1 more teen and a child!
We should be able to start then... After Apple posts her profile of course! ;)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

199 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:30 pm
Apple says...

EDIT: Look at my final Profile made.
Last edited by Apple on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

384 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm
eldEr says...

Thanks Apple, Forest and Scarlett!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

384 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 pm
eldEr says...

Apple's going to play as a child too! (Thankyou Apple!!) After she has time to post her profile, we can start!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

199 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 pm
Apple says...

EDIT: Last Profile is real profile
Last edited by Apple on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

384 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:48 pm
eldEr says...

Alright! Time to start!

AnnaRose

They had been wandering around the forest aimlessly for what seemed like hours. Glancing at Han she knew they couldn't stop and go back. She would end up dead and Han would end up in prison or deported.
She clutched her sword tightly, gazing around the forest in search of a place to stay the night. Nowhere seemed suitable. Everything made her jump, the wind in the leaves, the sound of a bird taking flight. She was jumpy, and for good reason. If the guards got hold of them...
"What about there?" Han asked, breaking into her thoughts. He was pointing at a willow tree. "We could sleep under the branches and make a shelter tomorrow."
Rose nodded, unsure of what to say.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:50 am
ScarlettFire says...

Han Fang-Liu:

Rose seemed distracted as we walked through the forest. We'd been wandering around for hours. She jumped. I chuckled and then abruptly stopped. We were on the run, of course she was jumpy. I know I was too.

Suddenly I spotted a willow tree and was hit with a strong sense of safety. My lips quirked. It seemed like a good place to stop and rest for the night.

"What about there?" I asked in a low voice. I pointed towards the willow, Rose followed my gaze. "We could sleep under the branches and make a shelter tomorrow."

She nodded and I lead the way over to the tree. It was quiet here in the forest. A wonderful change compared to the city....and my horrid father. I sighed and pulled some of the long, thin branches apart so Rose could walk through.

I looked around, making sure we weren't being watched or anything and then followed her through the foliage and into the safety of the tree's embrace. I smiled, that sense of safety growing stronger.

"We'll be safe here for a few days, at least," I murmured.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:52 pm
eldEr says...

AnnaRose

AnnaRose sighed and sank to the ground. It was a little damp, but not wet enough to be of any bother. She felt horrible, it was her fault Han was in this mess. She had been the one to suggest they steal from his half-brother in the first place. She had also been the one holding the blade the the Prince's throat.

Han sat down beside her and sighed. Rose avoided all possible eye-contact. She was swarming with guilt and fear. This was the one time she was in danger of actually being caught. She had been imprisoned once, and guess who sprang her?

"I'm so sorry you had to end up here," she whispered, yawning. She leaned against the willow tree and waited for a reply.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind