z

Young Writers Society

The Shadows- *Started, but spots still open!*

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:11 am
ScarletteRose says...

Empress Carolina

Bob was staring me squarely in the eyes. She just wouldn't leave me to myself. It was unlike her. Bob was never a clingy spider.

"What," I asked, in exasperation. I'd been plotting to get rid of those no good peasants. With their love and...dancing. It truly disgusted me and first chance I got I'd be rid of them. I was certain I was losing sleep because of them. That wouldn't do.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Bob. She was stomping two of her legs. It wasn't with as much force as usual. My bed chambers only shook slightly. "Bob, what do you want? Out with it," I ordered. Technically speaking, Bob couldn't talk, but I prided myself in being the only one who truly understood her.

Bob opened her mouth wide, then closed it. She opened it slowly one more time, as if to emphasize some point, then closed it again. This was new...

I stared at Bob and then laid back in bed. I needed my rest. Bob nuzzled my arm. "Don't be ridiculous, Bob. You're much too big."

Bob nuzzled my face. "No, Bob you may not sleep with me."

Bob let out a sound that sounded oddly like a "humph" and stormed out of the room.

What had gotten into Bob?
Everyone's favorite life coach.
♪♥♫◦°°◦Lette◦°°◦♫♥♪

My blog: http://empressofsnark.blogspot.com/

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:09 pm
Razcoon says...

Pierce

[This is supershort, sorry guys! ^^]

I grab Scyth's foot and drag him behind me as we walk. He'll wake with some nasty scrapes, that's for sure. "Guys, if he wakes I'll just knock him out again," I tell them. After all, we don't need rope if he's unconscious.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:31 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Han:

I looked away from Anna, still rubbing my forehead, and looked around. The direction my brother had come from was giving me a huge danger vibe so I turned away, moving until I felt no danger.

"This way," I said and started walking. Anna fell into step beside me, slipping her hand into mine. I looked back to see Pierce dragging my brother along. I grinned. "Looks like someone is getting the peasant treatment."

Anna chuckled, looking back as well. "He's deserves it."

"Damn straight he does," I muttered and turned away. I gave Anna a sideways smile. She smiled back.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:56 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Jakey

"Rosey?" I asked quietly.

"Yes Jakey?" She said, peering over her shoulder to get a better look at me.

"Did you fight the Prince?"

"Well...yes I guess I did a bit and I have done before. Why?"

"Well...well...why do you want him to be awake when you kill him, 'cos you haven't beaten him before when he's been awake," I said quickly woried about her reaction.

"I...I just want him to feel the pain, because of the pain he's caused all of us," she whispered quietly. "And I can beat him. I know I can," she said quietly.

"I don't want you to fight him. You might get hurt."

"I'll be ok Jakey. Don't you worry about me."
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:40 pm
Sins says...

Thomas

"I'll be okay, Jakey. Don't you worry about me." Anna said softly.

"Well," I nudged my way in between Anna and Jake. "you never know, he might completely thrash you and burn you at the stake."

As I said that, Jake's eyes widened in horror. Anna's eyes, on the other hand, widened in anger. That chick had some issues. I mean, seriously? I was only kidding. Could these guys not take a joke? Stupid question, I'd realised that these idiots couldn't take a joke to save their lives a long time ago.

"Really?" Jake turned to me.

"You be-"

"No." Anna spoke sternly. "He's just being stupid, ignore him, Jakey."

Jake's face lightened up after Anna said that. You could still see the slight bit of worry in his eyes though once she had finished speaking. Why was everyone so paranoid nowadays?

"You really need to stop doing that, otherwise, they're not going to allow you to stay with them." A familiar voice spoke. "Why do you even act like that?"

I turned around to see a young, dark haired girl, walking beside me. Great, the dead chick's back. I thought, gritting my teeth.
Last edited by Sins on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:06 pm
eldEr says...

Sorry it's short...last post till Wed/Thurs because I'm up north at my internet-deprived grandma's! :)

ANNAROSE

I shook my head, not quite comprehending why Thomas needed to scare the poor boy half to death. He was an idiot, but I suppose we'd have to put up with him. He'd survive all of an hour if we ditched him out here. I suppose that a dead Thomas wouldn't be so bad, but I felt incapable of leaving him for dead.

"You know Thomas, you have yet to tell Han how you knew the prince was coming," I reminded him. I said we would get the answer out of him later, and now was later enough.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1087 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:59 pm
Sins says...

Thomas

"How is that even relevant now?" I muttered, turning my eyes away from Anna's. "And it's Tom, by the way."

Talk about dragging things on. What did it matter now? The prince was captured, he was unconscious and we were all safe. Oh, happy days. Since when did any of these guys even give a crap about what did or didn't happen to me? If I suddenly disappeared, it would probably make their day. At least I was making the impression that I wanted to.

"Just tell them," I turned to see the dead girl still walking beside me. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Fine then, Tom. Whatever." Anna said shortly after. "So...?"

"They'll think I'm a creep and do a runner, that's what." I hissed.

"What?" Anna replied.

"Nothing," I lied. "I'm hungry, do you guys have anything to eat?"

"Idiot." Both Anna and the dead girl said in unison.

It was surprisingly hard to talk to two people at the same time, especially when one didn't know the other was there. Unfortunately for me, it included a lot of shouting in both my ears. As the two girls continued ranting at me, I began getting more and more annoyed.

"Honestly, Tom! Just tell them! No wonder they don't like you, you act as if you don't give a monkeys about anything when you clearly do. Just because you have issues with your feelings, it doesn't mean that you have to be so mean to everyone else! If you were actually nice to someone, you might even feel better about yourself!" The ghost girl literally screamed in my ear.

"Shut up!" I yelled at her so loudly, I'm surprised I didn't deafen myself.

As I did that, every eye turned to me and shortly after, turned to the empty spot beside me. Okay... maybe I should tell them. I thought, biting my lip. Some of the others can do weird things, maybe they'll understand... As I observed the group, they were all either staring at me or whispering to each other. God, I didn't half look like a mentalist. I was beginning to wonder if I was one...

53 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm
ScarletteRose says...

Empress Carolina

The messenger trembled. I rolled my eyes as he lowered himself to one knee, literally whimpering. What a hardcore pansy. I supposed it was good that my subjects feared me, even if it was extremely irritating.

"On with it, man," I finally said in exasperation.

Was he crying?

Sighing was beneath me, so instead I glared. "My patience is not endless. I have a kingdom to run."

Nothing. Instead the man begin to sob. "...kill..." was all I could make out.

If my curiosity wasn't piqued, I would have executed the man on the newly polish marble. This was beyond the usual irritating antics.

I grudgingly rose from my throne, walking to the distraught man. What I wouldn't give for a little competency!

I stood over him, waiting for him to acknowledge me. He rolled into a ball.

Not the response I was hoping for.

"Look at me," I said dangerously.

No response. Insolent git.

"Look at me, or I will execute you without a hearing."

That seemed to capture his attention.

He looked up at me, still in a tight ball, arms around his scrawny legs.

"Get up."

He did so.

"That's better. Now, what is it that you have to tell me."

He sniffled slightly. "Y-your son..."

Good God.

"What about my son?"

The messenger fidgeted nervously. "If I tell you, don't get--"

"Tell me!" I bellowed.

"He's failed."
♪♥♫◦°°◦Lette◦°°◦♫♥♪

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:38 pm
Kelcia says...

Helen

Helen tilted her head to one side as her hand reached automatically for her charm necklace.

“Erm… Tom?” she said, nervous. He was acting, well, rather like a crazy person. As AnnaRose had yelled at him, Tom’s head had whipped back and forth between AnnaRose and… the air on the other side of him. And, when he finally snapped, it had seemed that he yelled at the air.Yeah… That’s not exacly the actions of a sane person. “Are you okay?”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

114 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 pm
Razcoon says...

Pierce

Tom is a jerk, but he still has rights...then again, I'm curious as a freaking...curious person. One secret out of two won't kill him. Tell me why you keep looking next to you as though you're insane or having a neck spasm, I think to him, and walk up next to him.

"There's a dead girl next to me," he whispers. "Oh, and by the way, I hate you."

Dead girl. Huh. Is this guy mental?

"Look, Tom, if I had no respect for you, I would have had you announce it instead of whisper it. The fact that I had you whisper it means I respect you. Somewhat. Not really, but I do believe you have rights," I snicker. He scowls. "So there's a dead girl next to you?"

Come to think of it, I do feel someone is next to him. Because of my powers, I'm able to tell who's where otherwise my commands would get mixed up. The feeling is subtle and faint, though. Am I mental (no pun intended)?
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

114 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:18 am
Razcoon says...

*Wonders why just about every sb she's in is having several day breaks*

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 pm
eldEr says...

**Because the people in those SB's are on vacation... noooow... where were we? Ah yes...**

ANNAROSE

I let out a slightly melodramatic breath and shook my head. Then again, I was entitled to a slightly-over-dramatic breath or two. Thomas and Pierce were whispering (or maybe arguing?) about something that I chose to ignore. The only thing I was really aware of at that point was that one arm was falling asleep.

"Hold on kiddo," I told Jakey.

"Okay." He tightened his grip, and I was almost afraid that he was going to strangle me, but he didn't.

I let my arm fall lose, gave it a quick shake and it was back to supporting Jakey. "Sorry about that, falling asleep." I sighed, a sudden question coming to mind. "Han?"

"Hmm?"

"I have a bit of an out-of-the-blue question for you. But I was wondering... I've been called AnnaRose ever since I can remember...I have no idea what made me think of this now, but who started calling me that first?" I had thought about it from time to time, but never really this hard. I had just always been AnnaRose....
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

53 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 pm
ScarletteRose says...

**Sorry it's so short.

Empress Carolina

"What do you mean he's failed?" I demanded.

The messenger ran out of the room. I rolled my eyes. "Take care of him," I said to no one in particular.

Bob came bounding in, the messenger in her mouth. I smiled at her.

"Aww. Did you bring mommy a present," I cooed. Bob really could be sweet at times.

Bob dropped the messenger and lowered herself to the ground, looking up at me expectantly.

"You can go now, Bob. Mommy loves your present."

Bob didn't move.

"Not this again, Bob!"

But she wouldn't move.
♪♥♫◦°°◦Lette◦°°◦♫♥♪

1087 Reviews

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 pm
Sins says...

Thomas

Sighing heavily to myself, I looked at Pierce. She was looking at me all funny now; I wish I'd never said anything to her. I didn't even know why I told her about that little, paranoid dead girl that was stalking me. Believe it or not, I felt bad for snapping at her. I wanted all of these guys to dislike me, but I was getting way too touchy now.That was what happened when you were on edge, I supposed.

"Uh... sorry," I muttered, turning away from her.

"What?" Pierce sounded more than shocked.

God, I really wasn't used to apologising. The fact that I was - well, trying - to apologise probably made Pierce think that I had some kind of personality disorder or something. Seconds ago, I'd told her that I hated her. Now, I was attempting to apologise to her. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea...

"Sorry I'm being such a dick with you guys. I just... yeah..." With that, I walked over to where some of the others were.

As I neared AnnRose and the rest of the gang, I heard Anna speak. "I have a bit of an out-of-the-blue question for you. But I was wondering... I've been called AnnaRose ever since I can remember...I have no idea what made me think of this now, but who started calling me that first?" She said, looking at Han.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 am
ScarlettFire says...

Han:

I looked up at Anna, frowning. "I really don't know, Anna."

She sighed and looked around. "Now which way?"

I hesitated for a moment and then closed my eyes, waiting for the feeling that told me which way not to go...and there it was. A strong don't go right. "Left," I told them and opened my eyes. "We go left." I pointed towards our general left. "This way."

I turned to lead the way, Anna's hand still held in mine and sighed. My danger sense was getting stronger. Was this a good thing or a bad thing? I didn't know. I just had to hope it was a good thing.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling