Young Writers Society

Camelot

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:35 am
Billy says...

Name: Sir Isdemus Howel

Appearance: Him. The guy, obviously, not the girl. Armour

Personality: Isdemus makes a point of upholding chivalry and the knightly virtues, and firmly believes in his duty to Arthur as a Knight of the Round Table. He is usually cheerful, and can be something of a joker, but is very serious about his code of honour. He is quite trusting, and will defend his friends no matter the cost.

History: Isdemus was the son of one of Arthur's early companions, and was taught from when he first learned to walk to become a knight later in life. He excelled in his lessons, and before long took a seat at the Round Table.

Up for Love? Yes.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

:D

Name: Morgan Le Faye

Appearance: http://images.gfxartist.com/images/Artw ... 140636.jpg

Personality: Morgan is downright cruel most of the time, but she does have a soft side. She's clever, cunning, and most of the time merciless.

History: Her mother was Arthur's mother, but she had a different father, making Arthur her half-brother. She was kidnapped at the age of six by an evil sorcerer. Once she was old enough he taught her everything he knew, and disappeared soon after. Morgan took his fortress and belongings. She since became a dangerous adversary to Arthur and his knights. She is aware of their relation.

Up for Love? Uh... sure, why not?

Other: None
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Reviews: 4
Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm
MayApple says...

Name: Duchess Atonia Isabella Diana D'Feriso (goes by Ationa)

Rank (knight, peasant, etc.): Dutchess

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Very formal, and closed. She looks at things through unimaginative eyes. She can be sweet, in a formal sort of way, when the time calls for it. She is intent on teaching her sister to be a proper young lady.

History: She was born to a Grand Duke and Grand Duchess and has enjoyed living the high life in the palace. She loved the attention she got and grew to be a bit spolied because of it. When she was 14 her parents told her she would inheit the title of Grand Duchess. Or, if she got licky, marry the prince. She spent her whole life greatly pleasing her parents. Then her sister came along and now she had a job, teach her little sister to be a lady.

Up for Love?: Definetly.

Other: Speaks five languages. Needs a sevant or two.

Name: Sub-Duchess Cassandra Tatiana Maria d'Feriso (goes by Cass)

Rank (knight, peasant, etc.): Sub-Duchess (next in line to be a Duchess)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is clever, witty, and will not take no for an answer. She hates when people think because she is a girl she can't fight or use a sword. She is more of a tom-boy and shudders at the idea of a long dress. She would rather have her hunting attire and her bow and arrow. She is good friends with the Dukes sons and Prince, because she hunts with them often and will not be taken advantage of. She is very brave.

History: She was born to a Grand Duke and Grand Duchess and hates palace life. She spends as much time outside as possible, and can't bother to do much in the way of learning things. She speaks the common language and the upper language they use in the palace, and that's it. She doesn't care to learn anything else. From the time she was five she was shooting arrows into whatever animal got too close to her, and made great friends with village boys. She spends as much time amounst the commoners as royalty. She considers everyone below her her equal, and could care less about status. Thats gotten her into trouble a few times when she yelled at the king.

Up for Love?: Sure.

Other: Hates being indoors.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 am
fictionfanatic says...

Save me a spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:05 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Can we start soon?! I'm dying here!
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 am
fireflight61 says...

Well, we at least need Lancelot...if someone could be him that would be great, if not, I'll just make him.
Bittersweet embrace
Fit or run in place
Don't leave me so thirsty
Or else hush this hurry
Weight on me
Weighs more than me
So wait with me and we'll stop crying

~Bittersweet by Flyleaf

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 am
ScarlettFire says...

Thanks. Here's my profile.

Name: Lilliana Greychild.

Rank (knight, peasant, etc.): Lady's Maid. Lilliana is a warrior as well but always a lady's maid first.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Almost as cruel as the Morganna herself, Lilliana is kinder than her mistress but still incredibly nasty sometimes. She has her soft side...and a bit of a crush on one of Arthur's Knights.

History: Lilliana was found by Morgan when she was around 12. Morgan saw the darkness in Lilliana's heart and took her in, though now the darkness isn't as bad as it was when she was younger. Lilliana is an orphan, or so she thinks. She has a family but is yet to find them. Since Morgan found her, Lilliana has been bound to her mistress and must do as she says.

Up for Love? Yes.

Other: She's Morgan Le Faye's lady's maid...which means she must do as Morgan says but she's starting to rebel. It doesn't help that Morgan has her heart...in the form of a crow. Can use a sword and a bow and arrow.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'll be Lancelot...

Name: Lancelot

Rank (knight, peasant, etc.): Knight

Appearance: Black hair and green eyes. Muscular build and tall.

Personality: Lancelot likes to have fun but gets serious when neccesary.

History: Lancelot was born, of course, in Camelot. He was knighted by Arthur and is Arthur's favored knight.

Up for Love?: I guess

Other: None.

I would also like to be Lady Ationa's servant...

Name: Isabelle Leon

Appearance: Red curls (ringlets) that go all the way down her back. She has bright green etes and fair skin. She has very light colored freckles across her nose and cheekbones.

Personality: Isabelle is quiet and obedient. She'll only talk when talked to and she do what she's told by her mistress. She is very clever for being born a peasant. She's imaginative but hides it from Lady Ationa. She's a very gentle and calming person.

History: Isabelle was born a peasant with three younger and one older brothers. Her parents thought it was a great honor for her to be chosen as Ationa's servant and sent her to her. She's been with Ationa for three years.

Up for love?: I guess.

Other: None.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:56 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*fireflight, you should read "Song of the Sparrow". Here's a link to what it's about and where to buy it
http://books.google.com/books?id=KPizoC ... &f=false.*

*Isn't Morgan Arthur's sister?*
Live, Love, Laugh

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Half-sister, Fiction.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:34 am
fictionfanatic says...

Oh. Okay.
Live, Love, Laugh

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:36 am
ScarlettFire says...

When do we start?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Yeah, when are we starting this?
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Reviews: 51
Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:44 am
ireylcadence says...

I think an antagonist is needed here. ;)

Name: (Sir)Validen

Rank (knight, peasant, etc.): Ex-knight, an outlaw

Appearance:Shining blond hair that he's grown shoulder length. Surprisingly well groomed for an outcast (and someone living in the middle ages). Tall, well-built, a bit of arrogance in demeanor--very much a warrior by looks.
Pssst. How do you post a pic? Link: http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/msnb ... .widec.jpg

And this is why Arthur kicked him out: http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/thumbnailfull/evgeni-plushenko-2009-10-23-8-40-10.jpg

Personality: Bitter, but he's also very cunning and sly, and good at acting.

History: Unknown to any besides Merlin, Morgaine, and Arthur, he is actually Arthur's younger half-brother, on their mother's side. He, being an illegitimate child, was always hidden from public, and grew up resentful of Arthur, especially after Arthur became king. He had tried to take Arthur's queen from him once, resulting in his outcast status, and adding more fuel to his fire. He is determined to get rid of Arthur and humiliate him by taking Camelot for himself.

Up for Love?: Up for lust, definitely. He's a lady's-man and a very good seducer. The only girl he really holds in his heart, though, is (______) <--see below.

Other: Has a close relationship with a girl (also on the "bad" side), one who is as deceitful and cunning as he is. Anyone want to take? If not, I'll also be her.
Last edited by ireylcadence on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The wittiest thing is the simple truth.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:51 pm
fireflight61 says...

okay guys sorry! But NOW we can start, I totally have been so busy, so let us embark to Camelot! Oh ireylcadence! I'll take that lady's spot if you don't mind.

King Arthur

I sighed, looking at me majestic knights who all sat at the Round Table. I was proud of my country, that was sure, but I couldn't help but feel that trouble was near, and would be arriving soon.

I knew my brave knights would fight to protect this country, but I didn't know how much longer I could fight. My lovely wife, Guenevere feared for me, and even though she would know that I died with honor, I don't know if I could bear to leave her alone. Alone to run the country...though, there was always Lancelot. He was a trustworthy knight, and he would take good care of my dear Guenevere, but...sometimes I felt uneasy about him, even though I trusted both him and Guen with all my heart. But, if Lancelot didn't accept the proposal, that meant that it would fall to...I shuddered. No, it couldn't fall to him. Not that outlaw...not my half-brother. Not Validen.

"Arthur?" a knight adressed me. "Is there something troubling you m'lord?"

"Please, do not break the rule. We are all equal at this table, even me."

"Yes Arthur."
Bittersweet embrace
Fit or run in place
Don't leave me so thirsty
Or else hush this hurry
Weight on me
Weighs more than me
So wait with me and we'll stop crying

~Bittersweet by Flyleaf

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'