z

Young Writers Society

Vontaria Academy

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:21 pm
Pundit says...

Name: Austin Kirke

Appearance:Short brown hair, dark but still obviously brown, About 5'6", 160 lb, hazel eyes.

Personality:Likes to correct people, can be a bit annoying, tends to split hairs sometimes, especially to avoid a topic. enjoys inconsequential arguments.

Wizardry inherited from: Ancestors. On one side he has Merlin, on the other he has John Dee. Most of their descendants had recessive genes for magic, so most don't have magic. He got it from both sides.

History:Has been doing magic unintentionally for years, not noticing. Is not very rich.

Do you like it at Vontaria?: Definitely

Likes: Magic, dinosaurs, amber, reading, interesting trivia, curiosities, strange things, math(when he can do it), privacy, some music.

Dislikes: Having his mind read, not being able to successfully do math.

Strengths: Very good at protecting his thoughts, accepts it when he is wrong.

Weaknesses: Sometimes he's wrong. Having his mind read is sort of a 'phobia' for him. If you take him by surprise, or 'attack' strongly, he will panic, especially if you do both. This effect is negated if he trusts you well.

Magical strengths: Electricity, enchanting

Up for love?: Yes

Other:gay
Last edited by Pundit on Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:41 pm
Day says...

I'm going to post a profile for a guy later, as in in the next few hours. Please don't start before I post! Thanks
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:03 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I won't start yet...but I'm going to start soon...

And oh yeah, RedSun. Your character Roisin, is she deaf or just hard of hearing?
Live, Love, Laugh

126 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 pm
Day says...

Name:Alex Swift

Appearance: Long black hair, usually wears jeans, enchanting blue eyes, and can be found in whatever T-shirt he can find in his drawers. Usually can be found either with a skateboard or a guitar.

Picture:

Personality: A loner with a positive attitude. Loves to make friends, but is not very outgoing so in the past people have always come and talked to him then they became fast friends. He doesn't act snobby, and is very inquisitive on everything he doesn't know.

Wizardry inherited from: Mother

History: He has lived with his mother in a small apartment in New York for as long as he can remember because his father left them when he was little.

Do you like it at Vontaria?: Yes, he is happy for the change in life style. Especially being away from his overprotective mother. He also enjoys living in the dorms.

Likes: Being outside, playing guitar, skateboarding, any form of game (intellectual or physical)

Dislikes: people who only care for themselves, gay people

Strengths: Can learn things very quickly whether it be spells, things relating to history, math problems, etc

Weaknesses: Gets bored very quickly, so he often strives to learn new things.

Up for love?: Yes, but only with girls

Other: Always wears a crescent moon necklace.

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:43 pm
fictionfanatic says...

We'll start tomorrow. I'm being kicked off the comp. in a min. and I don't want to start you all with something short.
Live, Love, Laugh

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:44 pm
Sins says...

Okieee :)

Dis is gonna be fun bruv! 8)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 am
RedSun says...

Fictionfantic, to answer your question, Roisin is completely deaf.

Her brother projects his thoughts so Roisin can 'hear' what he hears. They often hold silent conversations in their mind. She talks to people by projecting her thoughts, but she has her brother ask permision for her before she does it, because it has been known to freak people out. Her 'voice' she uses to talk to people is actually really pretty.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:37 am
Pundit says...

1Perhaps we could have students travel to a city close to them to enter a magical 'way-station',to then continue on to the school.(way-station comparable to the Train Station in The Matrix, the Wood Between the Worlds in The Chronicles of Narnia, and the City in The Magicians.
2 we need to know how we do magic
3we need more teachers
4It being the nature of bureaucracy to impede, and the fact that the mundanes now know about the school, it wouldn't be surprising if they(maybe the UN?) instated an inspector at the school.
???
Last edited by Pundit on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

126 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm
Day says...

Yea what Pundit said, but when are we going to start?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:47 pm
RedSun says...

When are we starting?

84 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:36 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Pundit, for the first point I was actually going to do that. But for the teachers I wasn't going to have roles for them unless you guys really wanted to. And as for magic, we do spells. I'll post some later when you all start learning...You all can post some too. And what's the UN?

And sorry I didn't post yesterday. I never got a chance to get on.

So here go...

Headmaster Von:

It was always so exciting for us to get new students. The circumstances were dreadful though.

(Von's will mostly be short. He's mainly to explain things.)

Blue Meadow:

Me and Gran hiked up the hill to the train station. Clutching my suitcase of things I looked around. I had never been to the Wizard Realm before. Gran purchased my ticket to Vontaria and I frowned at her. She lifted my chin with a firm hand and said "Blue, you be good now, ya hear?" I nodded "I will." She placed the ticket into my small hand and kissed me first under my blue eye and then under my green.

She hopped onto her own train and as it pulled away she waved out of the window. Once I couldn't even hear the sound I sat and waited for the train to Vontaria. It came after what seemed like forever but was probably only a few minutes. I scooped up my suitcase and rushed onto the train. I felt people's eyes on me. Stupid eyes. I thought to myself.

Slidding open the big doors all they revealed were full rooms. The train started moving. I placed my hand on the carpeted wall and carefully moved forward. The next door I opened only had one person in it. I clutched my necklace in a death grip and sat across from the person, refusing to let them see my eyes.
Live, Love, Laugh

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:41 am
RedSun says...

Roisin

Me and Do get on the train. I look around for an empty room, hoping I could get one with just my brother. I really didn't need the sympathy lectures on my first day.

How about that one? I ask my brother, pushing the thought out to him. I point to an empty room.

That will work. He says. He lets me hear the train whisle.

Never heard that before. Sounds odd. I tell him.

Yeah, it would, if you'd never heard it before.i] He jokes. I frown at him. To anyone watching we would just be walking side by side, not having any comunication. A girl walks into the room we were just going into.

[i]Well thats annoying.
I think.

There is another over here. He replies, and we go in. The room isn't very big, but it has three beds. One for me, one for Do, and one for our stuff.

Dolan

A guy walks into our room.

Should I have him leave? I ask my sister. She shakes her head. I pull our stuff off the bed.

"I am Austin." The boy says, holding out his hand to me. I shake it.

"I am Dolan, and this is Roisin." I tell him, gesturing to my sister.

I want to talk for myself. My sister thinks to me.

"My sister wants to talk to you, but, she doesn't talk in th way most people do." I tell Austin.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Let her show you." I tell him. His face is blank for a minute. Then it flashes to surprise. Then something that looks like anger. Why would he be angry?

I told him my name, and why I can't talk. My sister says.

"I see...what you mean." Austin says.

Permission! My sister thinks.

"And she'd like your permission to just be able to think openly to you, not having me warn you every time." I tell him.

"Fine!" He throws up his hands a little. My sister grins suddenly, and Austin laughs. I wonder what she said.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 am
Day says...

Alex:

I walked down the hall while I checked each room as I passed. Most were already filled with a few people, but I finally found one that was empty. Closing the door behind me I glanced around. The room had two beds on the left and a couch and a small table on the right. Although it was far from big the room was a decent size, and I assumed we weren't going to be on the train for to long. Throwing my bag down on the couch and then sitting down next to it I began to strum my guitar. Playing my guitar always did relax me.

After about five minutes I glanced up and noticed there was a girl with deep brown hair and ember brown eyes staring at me. Had she been standing there long? Gaining my composure I managed a "hello"

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Will someone bring my character in? Pretty please?
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:16 am
Apple says...

Daydreams, can I be the person at the door? Or did you intend it for someone else…I’ll get rid of it if you wanted someone else. :)

Dawne Layton

“Hello,” the guy I had been staring at for some time said. A quirky look in his enchanting blue eyes. I felt my cheeks turn beet red in realisation, Oh Great! I had been staring. I grinned nervously, “Hi”. My fingers clutched at the whistle around my neck nervously.

“Can I help you?” He asked tapping his guitar with his fingers. I bit deeply into my lip, “Oh…ah…I was just wondering where the music was coming from.” And that was the truth. He played really well, and well, I had always loved the guitar.

Ever since my mother played it to me when I was toddler, I had been obsessed with the sounds you could strum from this instrument. The boy smiled and tapped the guitar loudly, “I play the guitar,” He fingered the wood and grinned.

I nodded letting go of the whistle around my neck. “You can really play the guitar well…” I smiled nervously. “Thanks,” he says strumming it again. “I could never work those things. When ever I play, it sounds like a dying cat!” He laughs at this. I can’t help but grin. “I’m Dawne, by the way.”
I spy!

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx