z

Young Writers Society

Summer Camp

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:38 am
captain.classy says...

RedSun, just act as if the ball has been passed to you! And interact with your character! If you don't feel 'in' after that, say so and I will include you. :)

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 pm
JabberHut says...

Moni

Brandi tossed the ball over to the new officer Bonni. I remembered meeting her when I was talking to Luke, so I got excited again.

"Well, that's a lame question," she said, peering at the ball she caught. She looked up with a smile and introduced herself. "The name's Bonni! I'm a junior officer, so wish me luck! And the question I got is, 'What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?'"

"Oh, my goodness," I said, putting my hands to my mouth. "I have sooo many of those, like the time when--"

"--when you dropped the ball and caught it with rather ridiculous style not five minutes ago?" Luke finished.

"Yes!" I said, impressed. "You know me so well!"

"Shush, Moni," Brandi said, nudging me in the side. She had a mock-serious expression. "Bonni still has to answer."

"Oh, right. 'Pologies!" I said, grinning innocently. "What's your most embarrassing moment?"
I make my own policies.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:36 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Thomas:

I chuckled. What's your most embarrassing moment? Bonnie would end up with that question. I of course already knew he answer but I couldn't wait to see if she actually tell everyone or if she'd choose something else.

I couldn't control my laughter any longer and I exploded. They all looked at me like I was insane but I waved thm of an managed to calm dow "It's okay. I'm fine. Go ahead Bonnie."
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:04 pm
RedSun says...

Bonnie

"It's okay. I'm fine. Go ahead Bonnie." Tom says. I have had a lot of things happen to me, but I decided for the one only Tom knew.

"Okay, when I was thirteen I went to this ice cream shop every day after school. One night, I went persuaded a friend," my eyes flickered to Tom, "to let me get in after hours. A friend of his dad owned the shop. I snock in, and went right to the frozen yogurt machine. I pulled a little levar down, and the yogurt started spilling all over the floor, and I couldn't stop it. A woman saw the light on in the store and called the ploice."

"Did you get in trouble?" Moni asked.

"No, thats the best part. The store owner came and saw me all covered in yogurt and everything, he thought it was the funniset thing ever. I got free ice-cream for a week after that. 'Checking the security systems', he called it." I laugh.

"I am shocked you told that." Tom said. His face was a little red.

"You do realize your face looks like a tomato." I tell him. He laughs.

"You were the friend?" Luke asks. Tom nods.

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Thomas:

"Youe were the friend?" I nodded. I couldn't believe that she had actually told that. Someone said "I think this is Thomas' most embarrassing moment. People laughed and I rolled my eyes "Yeah, I'm real embarassed about it. Not. I honestly thought it was pretty funny. And besides, I stole Bonnie's icecream after that."

Bonnie laughed "Oh yeah, that reminds me. You owe me like fourty sundaes!" I shook my head vigorously "No! It was only thirty nine and a half, and it doesn't count when you didn't pay for them in the first place." The guy Luke looked at me like I was insane "Dude, you eat thirty nine and a half sundaes in a week?" I nodded "Yup. Or at least I did that week. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and throughout the day. We live in a small town. We also get into the movie theater for free. And we get free popcorn." They all looked at us like we were insane "My dad has a lot of friends." I explained.
Live, Love, Laugh

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 pm
BenFranks says...

Luke Riley

I mused at the outwardness of the others and I seemed to be making friends pretty quickly. I'd also always loved icecream and found the embarrasing story somewhat amusing. I turned to Rosey abruptly and said outright, "I could really go for an ice right now."

She smiled and said back to me, "I'm sure we can all go for one in a sec!"

I laughed and looked over at Sandy. "Rightio, what's on the agenda now?"

547 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm
captain.classy says...

[Rose]

After introductions, Sandy announced that it was time for lunch break. Luke had suggested ice cream, and the closest was a few miles away at a shopping center. We all divided into cars.

"What're you gonna get Luke?" I asked, trying to strike up conversation. He was sitting in my car's passenger seat, along with Moni and Bonnie in back. They were chatting - and by they I mean Moni was talking and Bonnie was commenting on what she said.

"I dunno... What's your favorite?" He was so cute! I just wanted to pinch his little cheeks!

"I am a mint chip girl myself," I said as I pulled into the parking lot.

"That sounds good," he said smiling.

We all walked inside and ordered...

84 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Thomas:

Bonnie had decided to ride with other people, traitor!, so I drove some random people I forgot the names of already. We pulled up and I bolted out. Once the rest of them were out I locked the car. I cut in front of about I dozen people and stood next to Bonnie, in the front. I got a lot of "Hey!"'s and a few people cussed but I didn't care. They'd all get used to it if they came as often as I did.

Bonnie shook her head at me but I ignored her. In fact, I stepped infornt of her when she was about to order and said "Triple scoop of chocolate with hot fudge and chocolate sprinkles if you will."
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 2
Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 am
RedSun says...

Bonnie

"Just one scoop of chocolate, on a cone." I said. I took a quick look at Tom. "Make that two cones." I said. A second later the lady was back. I paid her, and took the two cones. I walked ehind where Tom was sitting and put one of the cones face down in his hair.

Everyone started laughing. Tom stood up, and took the cone out of his head. He dipped his hand in his ice cream and aimed for me, but I ducked. It hit Luke in the face. He chucked some of his ice cream at Tom, but missed....you can figure out what happened next.

It wasa full out ice cream war, until the store owner ruined our fun. I looked down at my brand new shirt.

"This will never come out." I remarked.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 pm
JabberHut says...

Moni

"Mmm," I said, patting my stomach on the way out. "Man, that was some good ice cream!"

Bonnie laughed. "I hardly had a bite of it with all that food-fighting we did."

"Do we have any plans for later, then?" Chris asked indirectly to Sandy. The group's laughter faded out to wait for the answer.

"Well, we have some real food back at the camp," Sandy said, smiling. "Sandwiches and the like. Why don't we much on some of that while I give you guys the gist of what's happening this camp. It'll be like--"

"More food?!" I hopped in excitement. "I don't care what we do as long as that food's real! Do we have watermelon? I remember the watermelon being sooo delicious last year."

Brandi piped up from behind me, "But the brownies are excellent! We'll have to--"

"Omg, yes!" I replied with excitement. "And with a scoop of ice cream--oh, heaven!"

Sandy laughed. "Well, let's get back then."
I make my own policies.

84 Reviews

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:16 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Thomas:

As I licked the fudge off of my icecream waiting for Bonnie something freezing cold landed on my head. Bonnie smirked. I reached up. Iceream. I pulled it off and took a handfull of my icecream and chucked it at her. Just before it hit her she ducked and it instead hit Luke.

Next thing I knew it turned into a full blown foodfight, until the owner had to come out and ruin all our fun.
-----
I continued to wipe the icecream out of my hair. You don't know howweird it is unless you've actually had it happen to you. The melted chocolate dripped down onto my shirt as I walked to the dining area. I didn't have any ime to take a shower. I didn't get to eat my icecream and I needed sugar.
Live, Love, Laugh

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm
BenFranks says...

Luke Riley

I got into the car, dotted with bits of icecream slowly curdling down my face and looked at Rose on my right and Moni and Bonnie in the back. We were all a mess. Each of us was covered in chocolate sauce, dripped and draped with icecream. I could still taste the fudge on my upper lip from where Tom had thrown his icecream at me.

"That was a laugh," I stated as Rose turned on the ignition and pulled out to follow Sandy.

"Yeah!" Said Moni and Bonnie with uplifted spirits, Rose just nodded and smiled.

"Haha, feelin' a bit peckish though, I must say."

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:04 pm
Fox says...

Name: James Klemo

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Smart, Clumsy, Romantic, Fun, Athletic.

Senior or Junior counselor: Senior

Dislikes: His boss, Cake, Disobeying kids, Guys that are jerks, Girls that are spoiled and snotty

Favorites: Winter, Strawberry Ice-Cream, Tigers

Talents: Football, Baseball, Piano, Writing

History: His parents are rich, and they tell him what to do all the time. He got tired of them controlling his life, so he told them to lay off. They didn't like that very mush and so they sent him to live with his poor Uncle for being "ungrateful." He ran away, with some money he had stashed in his pack when he left his parents. It wasn't enough to get him to the collage he wanted to go to, though, so he decided to get a job. He found a Summer Camp thing in the paper while he was staying at his friends house and decided to try it out. That's when he came to this camp.

Up for Love: Oh ya!

Other:Wants to go to Yail.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

547 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:12 pm
captain.classy says...

[Rose]

It was the end of training and Rose suggested they all head to the beach. It was still early in the day, and she wanted to party with her new coworkers.

She and Luke went to gather firewood so they could bonfire the night away.

Other counselors brought food and drinks. Bonnie had brought a portable iPod dock so they could blast music. Some danced, some sat and chatted, either way, the night was going great.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 am
Mo. says...

Christopher Matthews

After his late arrival, Chris really needed to make up for missing out on the training day, do he decided to bring some 'sucking up' food to the beach party.

"Hey Guys", I called from where I was walking down from the path onto the sand, carrying a plate of my favourite desserts; scones, meringues, fudge, vanilla cup-cakes, and a few other things with fancy names.

I saw a girl turn towards me, and I recognized her at once. She was my junior counselor, Bonnie. She was from what I could see, quite pretty with freckles and wild auburn hair, cute and young.

I scanned the beach, I could see Rose, Moni, and a few other faces I knew. I walked towards Rose in silence, and I could tell I startled her when I walked up behind her. She immediately moved into some sort of weird version of a karate stance.
I held the plate up. "It's okay, I bring peace", I said, smiling.
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni