Young Writers Society

Summer Camp

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:26 am
captain.classy says...

[Rose Williams]

I saw Faith walk away from Sandy, her head hung low. She looked a bit sad. I grabbed Luke's arm and dragged him over to her. I didn't want anyone to feel left out.

"Hey, Faith, right? I'm Rose; this is Luke."

"Oh, hey!" Her eyes were smiling.

"So you're new, huh?"

She nodded, "Yeah... but Sandy doesn't have a senior for me yet."

"Hmm... well you'll get one soon. Camp isn't for a week, and we need another senior, so I'm sure she has things all worked out!"

"Yeah," Luke said, "And you could always hang with us until then."

I smiled. Finally a junior to be respected.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 am
JabberHut says...

Moni

"Ohhh, I love sports! I play all kinds of sports! My favorite's probably volleyball, but soccer is so amazing. It's, like, my second-favorite sport, probably." I said this rather quickly, though of course, I didn't notice. His focused expression made me giggle. "How about you? You must like sports!"

"Yeah, I guess I would," Thomas said, chuckling. "I'm a football player--"

"Oh, em gee. I love football!" I squealed. "We should totally have, like, a football game. Though I can never seem to throw the ball quite right. Doesn't matter! It's still a whole bunch of fun!"

"Yeah, it is!" he replied. He couldn't seem to keep up with my excitement. I should probably tone it down a bit... but oh, well! It's camp! I've a right to be excited here. "I've played for years now. It would be fun to get a game going sometime during camp."

Moni nodded, "I know, right? We'll have to make sure we get a whole bunch of games going. I think you and I can handle that though. We'll be, like... well, I dunno. But we're making some games for sure! Oh, and you should totally rope your friend Bonnie into our plans. By the way, it is so cool that you guys know each other. Are you classmates or did you meet up at camp? Whatever the answer is, it's very fantastic that you both ended up being leaders."

Before I could continue babbling about whatever the topic was (I forget these things rather easily.), I became distracted by another new leader speaking with Rose and her junior. I clapped my hands excitedly. "I gotta to introduce myself to her." Before I could let Thomas say anything, I bounded over to the three of them. I held out my hand to the new girl, smiling broadly. "I'm Moni!"

"I'm... Faith," the girl replied, looking at me with the usual crazy look I get from some people. It didn't bother me though.

"Wonderful to meet you, Faith!" I said, clasping my hands behind my back.
I make my own policies.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 am
View Likes
LittlePetRock says...

-screams-
Thanks Classy!! -huggles-

Name: Brandi Clarence

Picture: Image

Personality: Very bubbly and outgoing. Loves to be around kids by day, and party by night. Loves to play soccer (football) and surf.

Senior or Junior counselor: Senior

Likes: Partying, soccer, surfing, loud music, people, fashion, nature sushi.

Dislikes: Country music, bullies, white chocolate.

Favorites:
Color: Green
Sport: Soccer
Scent: Lavender
Season: Summer!
Name brand: Juicy Couture

Talents: Partying, surfing, shopping, talking.

History: Brandi started coming to this summer camp when she was nine years old, and attended ever since. She became a junior leader at fifteen, and this is her second year being a senior counselor. She knows the ins and outs of the campgrounds, where the best parties are, and where Sandy is watching. She grew up in Beverly Hills, CA with her parents, she become an avid soccer player since she could walk. She just recently graduated from high school and hopes to attend UCLA.

Up for Love: Yepyep!

Other: Nah.
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 am
captain.classy says...

[Boss, Sandy]

"Faith?" Sandy said, walking over to the group with a new girl. "This is your senior, Brandi."

61 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:02 am
LittlePetRock says...

**Brandi**

"Hi!" I extended out my hand, the girl shook it.
"Hello," she responded. Her brown eyes hiding behind her bangs.
"Oh, is that a Vuitton?" I asked, eyeing her handbag. Trying to strike up a conversation.
"Yes," her voice in a slightly sarcastic tone. I guess it was obvious with the 'L and Vs' ordained all over the bag.
"Did you think you wasn't going to have a senior?" I asked.
"I was a little worried." she shrugged.

I introduced myself to the others, and signed in.
Star light; star bright,

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 am
BenFranks says...

Luke Riley

A few minutes ago, I'd jumped into a conversation with Rose, my senior. All of a sudden I'd found myself amidst a numerous number of camp colleagues. Not camp in that sense, but in the sense that this was camp; and these were my colleagues. I decided to more marvel at Moni's arrival than be confused by it. She seemed easily excited at the prospect of a summer with whining children. Don't get me wrong, I loved a good whine, but children always had a nack to make it sound annoying. Oh well, this was an experience.

I turned to Brandi who'd wandered on over to join our crowd and meet her junior. I waved to her and she looked back at me, "Yello, I'm Luke. Second name's Riley," I said, introducing myself to her and the rest'a the people that may have been oblivious to who I was.

"I'm Moni!" Squealed the person to my right, Brandi simply said "Hello."

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm
JabberHut says...

Moni

"It's so wonderful to meet you!" I said, then my face fell as I thought. "I don't think we talked much last year. That's so sad 'cause I remember you being really fun! Though I guess I was a junior, so I didn't know my way around the staff as much. But we'll have to change that this year!"

Brandi's eyes widened with excitement kinda like mine did when I talk to people. "I know! I remember you being the really hyperactive, happy girl. You reminded me of.. well, me!" she added with a laugh.

Moni laughed with her. "I know, right? Well, Thomas and I are for sure going to start a game of football some time. You should totally join us!"

Her mouth fell open. "What about soccer? We'll have to start a game of soccer. I love soccer!"

"Oh, em gee. Me too!" Moni squealed and laughed.

Sandy's voice spoke up now, and everyone quieted. I contained my laughter as best I could and turned to look at our leader. "Well, I think we'll get started then. We've got some familiar faces as well as some new ones, so I figure we'd get to know each other a little bit. Of course, with this busy staff week, we'll all be bee-eff-effs by the end of it, right, Moni?" she added with a wink in my direction. I giggled and nodded. "So, who wants to give out their name first?"

"Me!" Brandi and I said eagerly at the same time. We both laughed though, neither of giving out our names anyway.
I make my own policies.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:30 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Thomas:

Moni talked superfast. I hoped that I'd get used to it. I stretched my arms and headed over to Bonnie and the one guy, what was his name? Chris? Whatever. I tugged on Bonnie's hair and said "Hey, me and Moni are making football games. You're joining or I'm shunning you forever."
Live, Love, Laugh

547 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:48 pm
captain.classy says...

[Rose]

Apparently someone is putting together a game or something. Games really weren't my thing because I became really competetive. But... socializing was my thing. What can I say? I'm a people person.

Sandy had us all line up in a circle and go around and say a bit about ourselves. She had this ball with questions on it that we had to throw to each other. Whatever question your left thumb landed nearest to you had to answer.

Mine landed on "What's your favorite sandwhich."

"I'm Rose. I've been working for camp for about two years and love it so much. My favorite kind of sandwhich is turkey on dutch crunch bread with mayonaise, lettuce, cheese and pickles."

"Ugh, I love turkey," Moni said.

I laughed, "Mon, you love everything."

"I do, I do. It's my best and worst quality."

Everyone chuckled, uncluding me. Moni was such a spirit lifter. She could even make Luke laugh, and he seemed like he liked to hold in his feelings.

I passed the ball.

*You can make up any question. I did this at my first day of camp training and I thought I'd do it here, too*

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Thomas:

Rose threw the ball to me. I caught it easily and said "Hey, I'm Thomas and I've never done a camp thing before but I've been in some." I looked down at the ball where my left thumb landed. What's your favorite dance? Were they serious? "Er," I said "I don't really dance. I've got two left feet when it comes to dancing." I chucked it at Bonnie's head.
Live, Love, Laugh

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:15 am
*writewatiwant* says...

Melissa

So... Sandy had told her to go and find her kid, but where the heck was he? Since she was a senior, shouldn't she have a junior, like everyone else? She didn't even knew her/his name! How was she supposed to find anyone, anyway? Find someone that appeared looking for someone too, or just ask around. Yeah, she should do that. Walking outside, she took a look around and saw some kids playing and then a group of people talking.

"Hey, excuse me. Have any of you seen a lost junior?" She asked. Only then did she notice they were playing... with ball? And Sandy was there? Oh gee, she should have gotten around faster. Sandy eyed Mel, and then told her to join on.

A guy she know knew to be called Thomas, passed the ball to her, and then her question was... What's your favourite snack? "Hum, Doritos. And toffee. But not together," she answered. "By the way, I'm Melissa and I've been here for two summers, making this the third." She smiled to everyone around and then passed the ball.
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:28 am
BenFranks says...

Luke Riley

The ball planted itself safely in my hands and I'd decided that I'd make my entry somewhat more dramatic than the others. I quickly took my right hand, placed it in my pocket and played some dramatic orchestra on the speaker of my iPhone. Then, ever so slowly as if it were the Matrix I withdrew my left thumb from the ball and let out a slow motion "Nooooooooooo". At this point the group was divided between a few people wetting themselves with laughter and then the odd couple of people trying to hold it in. Whatever they thought, one thing was for sure - it was getting their attention. One important thing was that everyone knew who I was.

"Ah, now the question seems to be a bit odd," I laughed looking down at the ball abruptly.

Rose took it off me and looked at it sharply. She giggled before looking at me and saying, "You can answer that!" She gave me a nudge with her elbow.

"Oh can I now?" I laughed, "Right'o. Firstly, I'm Lucas Riley, but I prefer Luke and I hope y'all do too! 'Tis is my first year down summer camp and I've always wanted to work in one; preferably in Europe, but hey! We can't all have our way can we?"

There was a group laughter, but an undercurrent of anticipation to what the question was. It was only me and Rose who knew, which was somewhat funny as well as powerful.

"Well, the question y'all been waiting for is: If I had to marry one celebrity, who would it be?" I said, slowly.

Moni's face lit up, "Ooooo, there's a cracker!"

"Haha, well if I'm honest it would be Dame Judi Dench!" I laughed uncontrollably, as did they others.

"But she's ooolldddd!" said Rose.

"True," I laughed, "But she's a bit of a legend!"

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:28 pm
JabberHut says...

Moni

"Speaking of crackers," I muttered to myself. My stomach made a loud gurgling sound, making everyone laugh again, including Sandy. "I wonder if Judi Dench knows how to cook?"

Sandy took a breath. "We'll have some lunch after this, don't worry."

"Excellent!" I said, eyes popping with excitement. I held out my hands for the ball, bouncing. "Gimme, gimme!"

Luke tossed the ball in my direction, and I caught it. At least, I thought I did 'til it fell right through my hands to the floor. "That didn't go as well as I hoped it would," I said through fits of giggles.

The ball ended up rolling back to the other side of the circle. Luke picked it up and stretched his arms, getting ready to throw it again. The group was still giggling kinda like how I was trying really hard not to laugh. But my smile was still plain on my face. "You ready this time?"

I squatted into a similar stance and rubbed my hands together. "Bring it!"

Luke and I stared each other down, daring the other person to make a move. Finally, Luke made a fierce throw in my direction but right before he let go of the ball, the pressure was released, making the ball glide over to me. I totally fell for the fast-ball he fooled me with. I lunged (rather stupidly) for the ball to make up for my falter, and I successfully caught it. Laughing, I fell to my knees, holding the ball in my arms.

"If you had dropped it that time, I'd be sure to be on the opposite football team from you," Thomas said, smiling.

"But hey, she caught it! Not gracefully, but she did it," Luke laughed.

I stumbled to my feet between fits of laughter. "I do what I can!"

"Then you should probably give up playing catch," Bonnie said from next to me.

I laughed again, and finally looked down at the ball. What's your favorite sandwich? "Aw, not this one again. Okay, well! My name's Monica Masters, but everyone calls me Moni. That's M-O-N-I! Moni! Anyway. This is my second year as a staff member, and I'm so excited for this year."

I said all this rather fast, so the group members were hardly able to throw in a snarky comment. Though Luke managed to make me laugh with, "I didn't notice! You'll have to make it a bit more noticeable than this."

"Okay, that's not a problem!" I said with a wide grin. "So the question was something about a sandwich. I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Like, seriously? Delicious. But it has to have a good balance of peanut butter and honey, otherwise it just tastes like a peanut butter sandwich or honey sandwich. And I definitely would be wanting a peanut butter and honey sandwich, so both flavors have to be noticed. Just saying!"
I make my own policies.

61 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 pm
LittlePetRock says...

"Moni," I tried to get her attention, but she kept rambling.
"Moni..."
More rambling.
"MONI!!" I yelled.
"Oh, sorry..." she tossed the ball over to me. I bounced it off my knee, and up on to my head. I dribbled it a few times, and let it fall into my hands.
"Try that one, Luke," I giggled.
"Okay well... I'm Brandi Clarence, I'm from Beverly Hills. I just graduated from high school... Oh yeah, this is my second year here a senior leader," I looked down at the ball, "Oh well this is obvious. What is my favorite sport... Hmmmmmm..." I exaggerated my thinking.
"Uhh... SOCCER!" I laughed, bouncing the ball on my head.
"Oh! I love soccer!" Moni giggled.
"You love everything, Moni," Luke laughed.
"I know right!?" Moni laughed some more.
Star light; star bright,

Reviews: 2
Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 pm
RedSun says...

I hate doing this, but could someone bring me in?

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory