z

Young Writers Society

Secrets of a School

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:29 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Your parents sent you to a new school and you have no idea why. This new school is every kind of weird and creepy. And the students of your year are just as weirded out as you are by the odd ways of the teachers, rules and ways of the school. And the really weird part is you're completely separated from all the students that aren't of your year. It's rare that you see a student out of your grade. There are few students that make it past the first year, or so you hear. It gets harder and harder to graduate. The few students you meet have an odd look and barely register any of the new students but you can tell that they almost pity you as a new student. They have a look about them that you can tell that they've seen things other people haven't. They're just as weird and different as the school.

The principal is a happy, odd guy himself, but you can't help but like him. He is a pretty awesome from the few times you've met him. But he is weird. So weird. But the kids who graduated to the next year seem pretty close to him. Like they admire him.

What you realize is that weird things start happening to you. At first you think it's just the school, but it gets worse every time something odd happens. And then students start to vanish. You start to realize what's going on at this school. You're going through tests, challenges that really see how strong you are. Only the strongest will make it through.

And what's even weirder...you realize that you have powers, certain abilities, that scare you. The school is bringing out your powers to see how strong you are and to see if you can control your powers enough to survive the year.

Because as the year goes on, and more students vanish, you begin to wonder what's happened to the students who can't make it. And what's going to happen to you if you don't make it?

But one thing is for sure. If you graduate from this school, you will be a powerful spellcaster. You will always be feared and respected. But after all the tasks, will you be the same person you were when you entered the school?

Rules

Normal YWS rules.
-No God modding please
-You can have your characters cuss, but *please* only if the situation calls for it. Don't have them cuss if not necessary.
-Romance allowed, but no graphic scenes.
-2 characters allowed per person (though you can have one if you want), no more

What are the powers the kids have?

Basically if you have a strong power, it's like Harry Potter magic. But, please, this isn't a HP storybook. Try to be orginal with what happens. No, the students don't use wands. They control the magic with their minds/hands. For instance, they could create a force feild to protect them.

However they're going to need more than magic to get them through the year. Even if you don't have strong powers you can get through the year.

You can either have an very quick, intelligent mind with powers that aren't exactly top of the line or a mind that's not as quick to get you out of a tough spot, but very strong powers.

However, do NOT make your character strong at both because you will not be able to join. Your character can't be perfect.

What are the challenges and test?

Some of the tests require you to work in groups, some on your own. They will get tougher as they go on.

HOWEVER, I don't want this to be students constantly going through challenges all the time. If one student goes through one, don't assume you do too. The story is about it them going through these challenges to see if they are strong enough to survive it all, but it needs to have a balance. :)

Be creative with your challenges and feel free to incorporate a fantasy angle in this as well. For instance, you can have a griffin attack your character as one of the challenges.

Character Palette

**You can be a new student (which I want most to be) or an older student**

Name:
Age(15-18):
Personality:
Power strength:
Other:

**It's not elaborate because I love to see a character grow and change throughout a story. (: I don't want to know all about them yet.**

I hope that you have fun with this! And keep in mind, not all characters have to be good. They can be corrupted by these challenges facing them. Just a thought.

Please join! :)
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

54 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:29 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Name: Ivy Moore

Age(15-18): 16 (first year here at the new school)

Appearance: She's got long, hip length brown-blonde hair. Luminescent green eyes and a tall, thin frame.

Personality: She's really sweet and kind. She's got an incredible mind and can think herself out of a situation in a snap. She has very logical approaches to solve problems. She loves to have fun and believes in being fair to everyone. She will go out of her way to help someone and is very curious.

Power strength (be semi-descriptive): Her power is not very strong, in fact it takes a LOT of concentration to get some amount of it to manifest itself.

Other: Up for love. She's very easily changed by the school because she's never expeirenced something like this before.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 am
LovelessSummer says...

(( Saving a spot for twins! A boy and a girl. ))
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm in. Will post a profile later...for a guy, if that's fine by you. Smart but weak power that seems strong.... Key word--seems.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

54 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:41 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**2nd Character!**

Name: Brian Corner

Appearance: He has black, shaggy hair. Tan skin and pale blue eyes. He is very, very tall, standing at 6'5" and a muscular build, though looks lanky.

Personality: Sarcastic and always joking. Hardly ever serious. He doesn't really use his mind a lot. He never saw the use of thinking quickly or anything.

Power strength: His power is extremely strong. Though he doesn't use his mind instead going on pure nerve and (eventually when he finds out) his power's strength. His power is easy for him to control and it's powerful. But it's not that useful if he can't think of how to use it quickly.

Other: Up for love.

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 am
SunSetWest says...

Name: Giovanni Marcello

Age(15-18): 17 (Year 1)

Appearance: Stands 5'10 and weights 165lbs. Has short-cut black hair and brown eyes. Always where's a white dress shirt, black pants, black tie, and a black fedora.

Personality: Quiet and stern. He isn't very friendly, but can get along with people fine if he has to.

Power strength: Is strong in defensive spells such as barriers and binding spells. Has no "attack" spells, but does have a trump card which is just exploding a large amount of magical energy. It takes a long tie to build up and can be dangerous to himself and those around him. only used as a last resort.

Other: Up for love I suppose, if you can get to him.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 am
ScarlettFire says...

Alright, here's my profile.

Name: Lucian ‘Luke’ Devereux.
Age(15-18): 17. (First year.)
Appearance: Honey blond hair and blue eyes. Usually wears jeans, t-shirts and a black leather jacket.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Luke seems cold, distant and cruel but he’s not. He’s kind and caring if a little harsh or blunt sometimes. He really cares about the people he likes.
Power strength: He’s smart and quick but his power is weak. It comes to him easily but it’s not powerful even though it seems like it is.
Other: He often has something covering his left wrist/arm as he has scars from an accident when he was younger. Up for love, though he prefers guys to girls... And his parents are French, hence the last name.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reviews: 2
Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 am
RedSun says...

Name: Jezabel Dark

Age(15-18): 17

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Her mind is a twisted turmoil of darkness. She almost never smiles (except at seeing someone in pain), and never at anything normal. And no one has heard her laugh in 4 years. She is dark, but exceedingly clever. She could make up a full fool-proof plan in seconds, if she is in the right mood to. She could find flaws in anyone.

Power strength: Weak, but she is brilliant.

Other: Up for love, if you have a mind like hers.

54 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:56 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Your profiles are awesome guys and girls! :D

I have just created a discussion thread so feel free to go have a look. Any questions? Go there! :)

topic61368.html

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:59 am
LovelessSummer says...

Oi! Okay, here I go.
Name(s): Nathan and Tashi
Age: 17 (Nathan's older by ten minutes.) (( First years. ))
Apperance: http://www.luvcube.com/blog/uploaded_im ... 772343.jpg
Personality: Nathan: Likes to joke around at times but can be serious if the situation calls for it. He's laid back and calm, doesn't really worry to much over things. Tashi: Is known to be the more emotional one. She's energetic and gets excited about most everything. She gets dramatic at times and doesn't really act her age all the time. But, like her bro, knows when to be calm, collected, and serious.
Power strength: Nathan's power strength is fairly strong while Tashi's is a bit weaker than his. Nathan's not too good at stragety while, as werd as it may seem, Tashi is a near expert at it.
Other: Nathan loves to wear ties and Tashi loves wearing hair accesories. Both are up for love.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 am
View Likes
Day says...

Hey I'm gonna join this one. My first storybook since I came back from a month hiatus.

Name: David Moonshade
Age(15-18): 18 (Second year)
Appearance:
Face:http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd27/gootoo/manhair/men_hairstyles_01.jpg

He tends to just wear jeans and whatever T-shirt he grabs out of his drawers first. He is around 6 ft tall. Always wears a silver crescent moon necklace.

Personality: Very Friendly kind of guy. Down to earth and gets along great with pretty much everyone. He will listen to a problem and give a wise reply whenever possible. One of the most normal non-first-year students (He doesn't act strange). Loves drawing and is quite amazing, but mostly only draws when no one else is around.

Power strength: Very smart and has quick reactions, but his power over fire is very limited although he is much stronger than those of the first year. He can create and manipulate small amounts of fire.

Other: Up for love (Not anyone 15, 16+). Often uses his experience with his power (2nd year student) to create small animals out his fire for amusement.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

54 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:31 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Cool profile Dreams. Glad to have you join. :)

I'm so excited that so many people are into this! And I think this is the first time this has happened in one of my storybooks but we have an abundance of guys this time. xD

So, I'll take 2 more girls and we can start. :D

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:19 am
Apple says...

Can I join, for a girl character?
I spy!

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 pm
Day says...

yea, usually these things are swarmed with only girl characters, but this one seems to have many more guys than girls.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:47 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Would you like me to make a girl?

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott