z

Young Writers Society

Hiding

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:02 pm
Allessandre says...

I see someone coming through the woods, it doesnt look like a lab person. I follow them, hoping they are another Hidden. Then I see that there are actuall two boys there, I sneak up behind them, let them be hiddens. I hear them speak:

"Zane," one said.
"Jacob,who is he?" one boy has wings, weird.
"Lab technician."
The second I hear that, I let out i frightened gasp, the boys turn, im frozen, and I feel myself melt into shadow, but stop it about midway. I try to push myself into noremal being, but end up with two similar shadows on hte ground by where my feet would be.
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:37 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jacob:

A gasp came from behind us and I looked back "Who's there?" I asked. When there was no response I lit my hands on fire and brought it close to the area.
Live, Love, Laugh

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:23 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Kiera(Sbale):

I scrambled out of the way, watching the stranger and Zane. There was gasp and I looked towards it....but all I saw was forest.

"Who's there?" Jacob asked, moving towards it with his hands on fire. I returned to panther form and leaped into the trees, all thoughts of the lab guy behind us gone.

Growling, I prowled the area and turned to the boys, giving them a blank look, as if to say, Nothing's here.

Zane growled and turned on the lab guy. I followed his lead, as did Jacob a second later...but the guy was gone. I growled and launched myself across the ground to where he'd been standing. I could smell the chemicals-sterilizer and like us. Experiment.

I returned to human form after a moment and shrugged. "He's gone," I told the boys. "I can't track him..."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Zane:
"He's gone," Kiera sighed," I can't track him." I sniffed the air and sent out a sonar scream.
"I can't track him either! He's not even giving off a rebound," I growled. "What was he anyway." I turned to Jacob who was looking intently into the shadows.
"Someone's here," he called without even turning around. I flew up to him and bent down to sniff the ground, Kiera walked up beside me.
"Smells like nothing but something at the same time."
"Try harder," he snapped," I know something's here. Probably another one of those experiment lab techs."
"Well, it'll be easier if I didn't have so many conflicting scents around." I threw a pointed glare at the two of them and they gladly walked away. Kneeling down on all fours, I sniffed the ground like a hound dog. I felt dirty. In that spot, dirt, ants, grass, nothing. It was the same for all the other spot...except for one. What's a shadow doing there with nothing to produce it? I sniffed it harder, getting a few dirt chips up my nose, ew. Experiment.
"Come on," I said softly," show yourself. We're the good guys. We won't hurt you. Unless you're working for the lab techs. In that case, run away." The shadow wavered then fell still. "Come on," I said while standing up," I promise." From the wavering shadow puddle came a girl.
"I'm Meredith," she whispered.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:26 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Kiera(Sable):

"You can't promise I won't hurt her," I growled and flashed them a grin.

Zane gave me a disdainful look, as if he was trying to tell me not to frighten her. I shrugged and flopped back down next to the stream. Jacob laughed from somewhere off to my left while Zane and the new girl just stood there.

"Oh, heck," I muttered and sat up. "I won't bite. Promise."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*Jacob*:

"I won't bite, promise." I looked up and realized she was the one I heard. Lighting my hands back on fire I said "And I most likely won't burn you unless you're a technician or ypu get me mad. And just ignore my eyes, I know they're strange."
Live, Love, Laugh

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:26 pm
Allessandre says...

"I'm Meredith" I whispered softly. I'm terrified now, I don't know these kids. I decide to ask them straight off "are, are you hiddens?"
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:22 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Zane:
I scoffed and folded my wings neatly against my back.
"Guys," I snapped," stop that! You're scaring her! Forgive my friends," I said while turning towards her," they're not yet trained to be in public." A small fire ball hit my feet and I jumped back. I bared my teeth at Jacob and then laughed. "My point exactly." Meredith looked up at me with terror filled eyes.
"Are...are you hiddens?"
"If by hiddens you mean escaped experiments, then yeah. Of course were hiddens." Her expression relaxed a bit and she sat down on the ground.
"That's a relief. Do you all know anyplace I can stay? I just escaped from the hospitals. And, well, I'm sort of homeless right now."
"That explains your smell." I laughed nervously and ruffled my hair. She sniffed herself and stood up slowly.
"What's wrong with the way I smell," she snapped. I stepped back and put up my hands.
"Oh, nothing! It's just you smell like chemicals." Jacob and Kiera stepped forward and Kiera yawned.
"When are we going home," she whined. I spread my wings and lifted up into the air.
"We could leave right now. Meredith," she looked up at me," you want a ride?"
"Don't do it," Jacob screamed with a mock look of horror on his face. I rolled my eyes at him.
"Don't listen to Jacob. So, do you want a life? Your possible new home?"
Last edited by LovelessSummer on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

84 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*Jacob:*

Rolling my eyes I said "No, she doesn't want a life. She wants to stay alone in a dark room for the rest of her life." I snorted and said "Theat's what everyone wants." Then I added "It's not cool if you have a life."
Live, Love, Laugh

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:03 pm
Allessandre says...

Meredith

Glaring at the boy, I say matter of factly "Being in a dark room seems pretty nice to me, if I want to hide, its easy. Buy yes, I want a life."

84 Reviews

Sun May 02, 2010 4:52 am
fictionfanatic says...

*Jacob*:

I put my hands in the air to show I didn't mean anything by it "Hey, I'm all for dark rooms. I was just joking around. I lived in the woods by myself for quite some time. Talking people is weird to me."

Putting my hands down I said "Sorry. I just forget that people can get hurt or upset easily sometimes."
Live, Love, Laugh

Tue May 11, 2010 7:37 pm
Allessandre says...

(Meredith)
"What do you mean, a ride?" I was a little worried, his wings didn't look strong enough to hold him up, let alone both if us.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen