Young Writers Society

Clearwater children's home

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:43 am
ScarlettFire says...

Ashkii:

I followed everyone out of the car at a slower place, still half embarrassed from being caught snooping a few weeks ago. The new kid had been staring at me yesterday... He had been watching me draw and I didn't even know it.

Lila ran past when I looked up. I sighed. What was with school and rushing? I thought. I shrugged and went to homeroom. I was in the same room as Lila and got there before her.

Yawning, I sat down at a desk at the back of the room and broke out the sketch pad. I started randomly drawing all over the first empty page I came to.

The teacher called for quiet. "This is William," he said. "He'll be joining us in this homeroom for the rest of the year."

Startled, I looked up. Sure enough, the new kid was standing at the front of the room.

I groaned and went back to drawing. Oh lovely, I thought, digging my pencil into the paper. I get stuck with the new kid.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lila:

I elbowed Ashkii in the ribs. She elbowed me back to let me know she knew. Liam traveled to the back, to the seat right behind Ashkii. I giggled silently. I knew what happened. Nothing stays secret in the home for very long. Ashkii shrunk in her seat and covered her face with her hands
Live, Love, Laugh

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:39 pm
Sins says...

Liam

I sighed as I sat down in one of the seats in the back. 'This is William, he'll be joining us in this homeroom for the rest of the year.' It's Liam, not William. This teacher seemed like a right bore. He didn't seem to like me either. He looked at me and my messy clothes and he was immediately unimpressed.

As he took registration, I began to quietly hum to myself. Ash was sitting in front of me and I noticed her glance at me a few times. What was that all about? Wow, I'd watched her draw. It was no big deal.

As registration continued, I began to hum louder. It got rather funny when the teacher began to notice. He didn't know it was me though, which made it funnier.

"Who is making that noise?" He asked, slightly annoyed.

"Sorry," I smiled. "Force of habit," I winked at him.

When he realised it was me, I noticed him roll his eyes and mutter something to himself.

"Talking to yourself is a sign of insanity, you know." I grinned.

A few of the other kids in the class giggled. The teacher seemed far from impressed though.

"Don't speak to me like that," He grunted. "It's discourteous,"

"What?" I laughed. "Dude, I don't think that's actually even a word! I blooming hope that you ain't an English teacher!"

He glared at me, clearly annoyed now. Wow. I had spent ten minutes and I was already having fun in this school.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

84 Reviews

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:58 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lila:

I burst out laughing but placed my hand over my mouth to muffle it. I placed my hand on Ash's shoulder and whispered "He's a keeper." She elbowed my ribcage "Ow!" I complained, scowling at her. I stretched my arms and hung my head behind my chair to look at Liam, even though it was upside down.

He stared at me but I simply smiled and said "Detention." Mr.Hanfman scowled at the class and said to Liam "Keep it up and you'll win yourself a detention." Liam grinned "Oh, a prize? For me?" My loud laughter peirced through the room and Mr.Hanfman yelled to the class "That's enough! Now shut up or you will all get detention after school." Liam rolled his eyes. I smiled at him and snapped my head back up.

Mr.Hanfman dismissed us for class and I hurried to history.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:26 am
fictionfanatic says...

Okay, this story like died so let's just say Lila got adopted or something
Live, Love, Laugh

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:08 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm still planning on posting but no one else did. *shrugs* It doesn't help when no one else will post.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:30 am
Sins says...

I would post but like Scar said; there's only, like, three people bothered about this anymore :lol:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:54 pm
View Likes
Allessandre says...

My character got adopted too, but if the story wakes up again, shell have a stroke of bad luck and her adopted family will die or get tired of her or you get it.
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pain is filtered in a poem so that it becomes finally, in the end, pleasure.
— Mark Strand