Young Writers Society

Cheshire Ranch.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:27 pm
View Likes
chinchillagirl_34 says...

Lee~

I couldn't help but chuckle at Acacia comment. She was right about the name thing.

"So are you new too?" I ask a bit confused of how she just walked out but still looked around as if debating if it was safe.

"Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only new one though." she smirked.

"This place is huge and creepy, I'm kind of scared of corn fields." I mumbled, as I catch a glimpse of a corn field through the window.

"I take it your a city girl." Acacia smiled.

"Not really corn fields are just creepy. There could be some weird things in there Like off of signs, or jeepers creepers." I shrug.

"You can move things with you mind and your scared of aliens and a scarecrow that comes to life?" Raeni question.

"Yeah, don't ask how or why I just am."
"Why don't we let Peeta claim it, since he died today?"-Finnick (Catching Fire)

"We may be friends and all, but if were being chased by crazy flesh eating zombies. I won't lie. . .I'll trip you."~ Me after watching the hills have eyes.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:29 pm
Threnody says...

Raeni:

I wanted to shake hands, but I was afraid to since whenever I touched someone I'd suck the warmth right out of them. My shadow was following me currently but I detached it and I sort of switched from place to place. About one metre, back and forth. Something I did when I was nervous. Nobody blinked at this. I wasn't surprised, many of them probably had habits that would give their power away.

"Do we put our stuff away in these cabins?" I asked Acacia. She nodded. People started moving towards a large log cabin. This looked like a normal summer camp. I've always wanted to go to one of those, it made me feel somewhat normal.

"You been here a while?" I asked her. She just nodded.

"Boys are in that room, girls in the other." She said, pointing to two different rooms. "The dining halls down by the lake and... you'll just see by yourself on your way there. It's 3 miles away." She lounged on a beaten up sofa.

"I want a top bunk!!!" Lee yelled and preceded to race into the room and chuck her bag onto the first top bunk she saw. I laughed and got the bunk underneath.

"You sure about that? I move things in my sleep sometimes." She smiled but she sounded serious.

"I'll take my chances..." This seemed fun. Better than the holding room the "government" had me in a week ago.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 am
LovelessSummer says...

*Sorry for steping in, but does anyone mind if I joined? This looks pretty bangin'.*
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:42 am
ScarlettFire says...

*I'm considering joining this as well.*
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:00 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

***sure you can join but I believe there is only two? girls left and four guys. Trying ot keep it gender even. :P****

Deirdre:

I watched silently in the shadows at the group of kids. Funny, They thought this place was cool. Ha. Slowly, she held out her hand and triggered the energy she needed to bring her fire to life. Raising her hand, she watched the flame flicker and die as the energy vanished.

"You know you shouldn't play with fire right?" A deep chuckle rummbled from behind her. Deirdre rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Hey Reilly."
Last edited by *singerofthenight* on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Alright. I'll claim a spot for a girl. I'll post the profile later. :)

And I will also create a profile for a guy, if you'd like me to.

Alright, the profile.

Name: Kate Sinclair.

Ability: Empathy and Healing (feels the emotions of others and tries to help them heal,
whether it be psychical or emotional damage).

Bio: Kate started showing signs of power at a young age. When she was four, she brought a kitten back to life. It has followed her ever since. When she was five, her seven year old sister vanished and left Kate and her family devastated. Five years later Kate’s whole family vanished and these Agents appeared to take her to Cheshire Ranch. She’s been there ever since.

Other: Up for love. Kate had an older sister who vanished a few years ago.

Looks: Blonde hair with blue eyes and outrageous clothes.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kind but careful, Kate doesn’t like to take sides, though she’s a horror when she actually loses her temper. This is mainly because of her empathy.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:59 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Sweet! Okay, here goes.

Name: Ichi "Twitch" Sanur
Apperance -don't mind if I put a picture-: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9Zf_P9g6cuo/S ... %2Bboy.jpg

Personality: Keeps to hisself, but isn't compleatly reserved. Doesn't like to make enimies. Likes control, calmness, ties, roses, animals, and the moon. Hates confusion, excessive noise, bow ties, eggs, and meat.
Power: Can control the Earth
History: Was born in West London, but now lives with his older brother in the states, because his mother and father left when he was fifteen. He's a vegetarian.
- - -
I stormed in through the front doors of the "ranch" about an hour later than I normally would have. Leave it to me to sleep in and miss the bus. Some lady directed me towards the boys rooms and I gladly stalked off there. No one was in there so I quickly threw my bags down and went out. I heard some noise comming from outside so I decided to go out there. Might as well get this over with. A few people were gathered in a circle so I just, as polietly as possible, inturrupted.
" Excuse me," they all turned to look at me with blank eyes," the names Ichi, but, if you don't mind, call me Twitch."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:28 am
ScarlettFire says...

Kate Sinclair:

I stood in the shadows, watching the small group. Twitch had walked straight past me. I wasn't sure if he knew I was there or not but he was now talking to the group.

I winced when I felt someone in pain. I looked towards them to see that it was some boy who was wincing. I shook my head and tried to concentrate on keeping out the pain for a moment. It faded into the background and I returned to watching Twitch and the rest of the group.

83 Reviews

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Deirdre:

I could feel the energy around me, all the powers. Ii watched silently.

Brice:

"Hey Deirdre." I chuckled when she whirled on me, her eyes a bit wide.

"God, Brice! Don't do that!" she shrieked.

83 Reviews

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Don't let this die please!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:54 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I was gonig to post if someone noticed my character.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 pm
Kaywiia says...

Acacia- Shape Shifter

I look up to see a girl walking towards me. Her aproach wasn't hostile, but nor was it friendly. She sits down and put her head in her hands.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She asks.

"You are already sitting there, are you not? And if I didn't want you sitting there, would I not have said something?" I respond.

"That's true, I guess. I'm sorry, it's just I have been around extrememely confused people all day and it is getting to me. You are the only happy and non-confused person here. Well, I wouldn't call it happy, its not really an emotion I have felt before."

"Why do you apologize? You haven't done anything wrong. Something bothered you, and you found a solution to the problem. No need to explain. And as for emotions, I don't really think to much about emotions. I just...live, I just am what I feel like being at the moment."

"You know, as messes up as it sounds, your probably right."

"I'm glad to hear that. My name is Acacia, by the way." I say to her.

"Kate." She says. She doesn't offer to shake my hand. Maybe she watched the other encounter before. Or maybe she just has common sense like me. She seemed like the type who would. I sure hoped so.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:51 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Kate:

"Kate," I replied, head still in my hands. It was starting to kill me. "Ugh," I muttered. "Will people jsut decide on one emotion for once?"

Acacia chuckled and muttered something about blocking them. I decided to ignore that and shrugged, rubbing my temple.

"Kate," Twitch called. I looked up at him and sighed. He was irritated.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Ichi "Twitch"-
" Kate," I called. She looked up at me with pleading eyes.
" You're frustrated," she groaned. " Why?" My eyes got wide but I soon fixed my expression.
" Oh, that. For being late and missing the bus. It's a problem I 'ave. I'm sorry, but how did you know."
" She can sense emotions," another girl piped up. " I'm Acacia."
" Twitch," I gave a quick bow. Kate rubbed her temple and groaned. I felt a bit sad for her, having to deal with everyone elses emotions. That must be killer.
" Don't be sad, Twitch," she mumbled.
" Oh, sorry," I gasped. I tried to think of things that made me happy. Hmm... The moon, roses, dances, pancakes, muffins...
" We should get you to a more secluded place," I suggested. " A place where there are less people around." Acacia nodded and stood up.
" That is a good idea. Less people equals less emotions which means less headache for Kate." I nodded and smiled a bit before helping Kate up.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:26 am
Kaywiia says...

Acacia- Shape Shifter

I decide to make life easier for kate. I turn into a deer mid-walk. Deer's I find, don't have much emotion, and are completely reliant on instincts. When I change, I can only see blue and green colors. My instincts tell me to run from the two humans, but there is enough human left in me to rule my insticts. I am sure to do that when I change, leave a human section to my brain.

Kate comes over and pats my head. My instincts rule over, and I run away. Realizing what I did, I run back to them. I attempt to make my deer-eyes apologetic. Twitch laughs at the attempt, so I decide it must have been pretty poor.

We stop by a small pond I have called Lost Jewel, because it is a rare beauty on the ranch. I turn back to human form.

"I thought I would give you a rest from emotions. Deer don't have many emotions, so I thought it might help." I tell Kate.

"It did, actually, but I still sensed a bit of fear. I think I can't feel animals very well, so the pain was dulled." She reponds. I run over a list of animals in my head, then decide to save the switching for later.

"That was pretty cool." Twitch said.

"How can cool be pretty? and why do people use the term 'cool'. It isn't actually cool. Use terms like awesome, or amazing. But not cool." I say. Twitch falls silent.

"You know, thats the second thing you have been right about today. I guess I never looked at it like that." Kate says.

"Yeah, most people don't." I say. I know me and Kate are going to be great friends.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina