z

Young Writers Society

Technology

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 pm
Elinor says...

Madeleine Grey from Into the Depths here.

It took me an hour just to figure out how to post this. I wandered in a strange store when I came across a black box with a keyboard for all the letters of the alphabet. I hear it has a special name? There were also more boxes that displayed moving pictures. "Televisions"? And cylinders that you could use to talk to people even when they aren't right next to you?

All this technology is so confusing-this is must faster then writing with an ink and quill! How much do you use of it in your daily life? What do you use it for?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:11 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Natura from Eventide

Televisions? And this 'computer' contraption (as my creator, Lauren, calls it) is giving me endless trouble. Lauren is even here 'typing' what I am telling her to onto the 'internet'. Goodness. I can't even begin to understand it all.

What happened to just plain letters? And, prepare yourself, going to visit someone? Really. This all seems just foolish.

But aside from my opinions, what do any of you more modern people use this for?
Got YWS?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley, from The Robin Hood Gang

Technoledgy was no new thing to me, but I didn't like the idea of being controled by someone. The only thing that made it acceptable was the fact she created me, which kind of goes against a lot of things, but....

The only thing that is new to me is the Iphone I have heard of. Born after its time, I really never knew it exsited, but now that I have my hands on one, I am quite pleased with th results. This is making stealing from rich people so much more easy. I am also looking foward to taking a better look at this thing called a Ipod...
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 am
Elinor says...

Haha, I've heard of these "iPods" before. Apparently they music in them! How is that? I kept looking around to see If I could find a singer or an orchestra, but I didn't. Do any of you have any idea how this works?

It also annoys me how technology-dependent these people are. It seems as though they all type on these black boxes, watch the moving pictures and such. Some people don't understand how I could have lived in 1700s. The question is, how can they live now?

I'm so exhausted; I don't want to think about it.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:29 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

Teo, from Alissa's Mark

I'm only a tomcat. How am I supposed to know about technology?
(mispronounces it horribly)

Yes, I'm relying on Dawn to type this down. My paws don't
do the trick. Eh, what's that Cika? Oh. I have to to go.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:47 am
JMHudak says...

well at my age, im , well ill put it in numbers, im 1,792,538,476,214 and truthfully from my point of view technology is more opinionated then anything making the earth for example, we used the technology we had on had, some may call it magic or illusions but modern sciences called by several names buts is just basicly changing the placement of atoms with an electrical current from anything and molding the atoms into something new.
"life is too important to be taken seriously"- Oscar wilde

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 am
paperbackheart says...

Rei from The Last Testament

I stare at the box thing. It is a "television". I press a button. It becomes loud and pictures play on it. I scream and smash it to peices. Its made from the devil. Wait, no. It came from God.

I may have been born after it, but since the Apocalypse, I have never seen anything more than a radio. Technology is overrated. What would you do for fun?
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

504 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 504
Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:34 am
Kafkaescence says...

Lavern, from The Cave Between Lands

"Technology" has always been one of those distant words that I know I will never reach. I live on candles, woodstoves. I have always associated technology with money. And that is something we simply don't have. I've seen something like it at the store. A "computer," I believe they call it. Yes. That is what Mr. Vollen had said. I suppose I have no need for such luxuries. I never will. Especially now that the Plague has struck.
#TNT

WRFF

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:57 pm
Cyb3rBlade says...

Brigadier General James Morris, From The Yheerox

You guys are lucky. In my day and age, people are all affected by technology in some way. To start with, I am part of a minority called The Pure Bred. Everyone else has been given superhuman abilities but has lost their humanity. Some of them are genetically engineered, ( Big words, I know. ) and some of them are part machine. The Galactic Union mass-produces Cybergenetic soldiers without the ability to think for themselves. Parents choose what qualities their children have, and as a result, they look down on all of the people who have normal, inherited, genes. And then there is the stuff that involves death. The same people who choose their children's genes also replace their organs at 'organ farms'. In these terrible institutions, clones of healthy people are raised and MURDERED for their organs. They look on them as cattle. Here in the military I am trapped working for, there is an infinite variety of killing machines: Oscilation devices, thermal beams, gamma focussers, bipedal armor, plasma generators and lots more. ( Sorry about the big words. ) We've been at war since before my dear departed father was born. I joined to honor him, but now I'm not so sure.
Be very afraid, because talking boxes are just the beginning.
I write for my King.

[Warning! User seldom appears on YWS!]

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:34 pm
Paracosm says...

Martin from Drowning in Thirst

Ya bas! If ye want to talk about minorities, take a look at me! I have to hunt people down and drink their blood for survival! And technology is very useful! Just not as good as instinct! I find it much more effective if your tracking someone. Plus, I think people can bug your computers and stuff, so if your on the lam, it's a bit tough to stay hidden! I'm in the middle about technology!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sun May 01, 2011 4:50 am
View Likes
ilyah says...

(Reed, unnamed story)
Okay, you guys are weird. Seriously, who doesn't have technology? Far out, I don't think I could live without my phone, or my computer and I would never ever ever give up my iPod! What is there to do without technology? I even write my university homework on my computer and do all the research online - it saves so much time, 'cause who wants to have to go to the library! Yuck!

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla