z

Young Writers Society

Nate's Dead?! (A Storybook not to scare anyone)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:41 pm
Howler says...

Howler

Could I melee fight? Well, with my sword I probably could. Unfortunately, I decided that it wouldnt' be needed while I had the guitar.

I'm screwed.

I really just started struggling to pull the strings off of me. We were over Storybooks, so I knew I'd be able to get some help, if not another weapon. I had only one idea, and I really didn't want to do this, but I had to.

I had to sacrifice Lugia.

I looked down at the battlefield below me, at the army and the shots being fired.

"Hey! This giant bird and this puppet are your enemy! Start firing at them!!!"

And like I expected, many explosions flew off at Lugia and the puppet. I was falling down, and I was incredibly lucky to grab my guitar in mid air. I bounced off and started running to the people who shot down Lugia. They were running too. I looked up and saw why. Being crushed by a Pokemon is a terrible way to go.

I started running and checked around. I spotted Naldaer and thought she might be able to help me out. I couldn't see Foxfire anywhere. I went over to Naldaer quickly, hearing Lugia hit the ground behind me.

"Hey, could you give me a hand, Foxfire's trying to-" I was cut off by a wire grabbing the back of my head. It zapped me like a taser and I fell unconcious to the ground.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm
Jenthura says...

I spotted Naldaer and thought she might be able to help me out.

*sigh* for the umpteenth time, I'll say it again: I'm not a girl, and neither is Naldaer.
There, I even managed not to blow my top and spell it out in CAPS.

Oh joy, I thought. First Nate, and now gipbox-guy.
I wondered how he knew my name, but it hardly mattered. The purple beast crashed into the ground, raising a massive cloud of dust that obliterated the snow-white fairy. The wire that had electrocuted him looped a few more silvery lengths around his body and began dragging him backwards. Behind him, I noticed a heap more of the wires, poised like cobras without hoods.
"Oh. Crap." I muttered, as the cobras turned towards me.
I started running before they could writhe after me, shifting my left hand into a massive blade. I'd chosen a random material, some sort of cross between carbon-fiber and steel, but it was a horrible wrench on my shoulder blades every time I swung through the threads: what the hell was this stuff made of?
And then, just as the webs of wire closed entirely over me, I glimpsed the puppet...and guitar-guy suspended by wires, marionette-style before the lifeless puppet's face.
A face twisted in a hideous grin.
How...

...strange.
-ж-Ж-ж-

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 pm
foxfire says...

wait i'm confused....what just happened?
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm
Howler says...

No time for a new post now, just saying that I'm a bit confused how things are going on too. Maybe we've milked this fight scene as far as we can.

Oh, and I'm so so so so so so sorry for screwing up your gender, Naldaer! :cry: Forgive me, please?
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

111 Reviews

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:04 am
foxfire says...

yeah i guess so...so what's next...there's only at least three people left out of a dozen or more who started...

what's next plan guys...

should we...hehehe...eliminate the rest of the people here....

just joking unless you're serious and transorm this idea into like a YWS war!

350 Reviews

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:23 am
Jenthura says...

We need a DT.
Thing is, Lugia dropped down on us, the wires (which I compare to cobras) attacked me 'n guitar guy (whom my character doesn't know the name of yet) and fairy got smushed...into the ground...like a banana.
And Naldaer is fighting with his hand-shift weapon.

Still confused?
-ж-Ж-ж-

111 Reviews

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 am
foxfire says...

Nope...thanks!

Foxfire

Things are going fast right now that i cannot prolong this fight even though i dread to finish it.

I summoned the great doll again and told Bonnie to get off while i returned it inside me. Ah such power...but i soon collapse to the ground where the lava begin to cease flowing. My arms are strained.
"Need help?" Bonnie said and i raised myself. Quickly as i can, i shift myself into two legged creature with a large broad back.
"Care to stay or get out."
"What about the fight."
"heh, i'm alive!" i grinned before Bonnie step into my back and i walked away.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:37 am
Mo. says...

And suddenly I (Mo.) appeared, after a long time of being away - my mind wandering the depths of my subconcious - I burst into what appeared to be a fight scene. I could see Naldear, and a few others in the area. I knew the creator of Naldear - it was Jenthura, I knew it! I could tell from the delicate drawing of his features.

I looked around towards them, it seemed as though they where unsure whether or not to fight.

"So, I've been away for a while", I said, and they looked up at me.
"What'd I miss?" I questioned, and I almost wish I hadn't spoke, becuase the look in their eyes told me I didn't want to know.

Crap.

**Just thought I'd try and revive this, 'cause I think that it's worth reviving.**
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

350 Reviews

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:25 pm
Jenthura says...

**With you all the way, Mo!**

Puppets...Pokemon...Mo...Blood...
Mo?

I stopped, and the sound of tires squealing came to my ears; we were obviously in some sort of cartoonish section of YWS now. Maybe...the Randomness Thread?
"What'd I miss?"
"Whadja miss?" I echoed, adding my personal flair to the words. "You missed everything! I -by the way, did you hear about Nate?"
She nodded, and I continued.
"Well, the purple thing attacked a puppet, and the guitar-player shouted the strings out of them -the puppets, not the dragon- and the whole gaboosh came down here."
Suddenly, I realized that my words were rushing out without my permission, and what did come out was meaningless gobbledy-gook. It was the Randomness Thread! I had to get out of here!
But too late, suddenly, a rainbow colored Condor swooped out of nowhere (literally) and grabbed my arm.
"Where're you goin', dear?" it crooned evilly, cackling as an aftertouch.
I gulped, and tried to shift my hand into a spike, but instead it was a trombone. I tried again and it was a baseball bat. Not exactly right, but it would do in a pinch.
Within seconds I was laying out at the clouds of condors, pigeons and flying bananas that were attacking me.
This is one bad day... I thought.

Yay for the Randomness! :elephant:
-ж-Ж-ж-

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Aspiring pulled out the gun that he stole from his brother's apartment and pointed at a banana. The gun kicked back in his hand as it belched it's deadly projectile. The top of the banana exploded in a shower of goo and it's remainder plopped on the ground. Aspiring gunned down the other fruits and birds that were attacking Jenthura.

At one point his gun only clunked. A condor with pure hunger blazing in it's red eyes homed in on Aspiring. He threw himself out of the way and BigBadBear kicked at the condor, sending it soaring through the air.

Foxfire groaned as he was knocked over by the condors flying body.

Poor guy, Foxfire was sure being pummeled.

Seeing no time to feel sorry for Foxfire Aspiring ran as a renegade mod threw a hardcover Twilight book toward YWS users. One hit Foxfire just as he was picking himself up.

Aspiring wanted to claw his ears off as Foxfire cried out in agony at how humiliated he was to have a rubbish work of literature strike him.

A swarm of Twilight fans that were within hearing range home din on Foxfire.

Fixfire gulped, clearly realizing what he had done hit him. He was about to be attacked by fangirls if he didn't high tail it out of there!
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:58 am
Mo. says...

I smiled, this was wonderful. Well, obviously not the whole Nate's dead fiasco, or the battles, or the current condor attack. But I knew I was going to be fine. Why? because I was in the randomness section. I'm unsure I could find a YWS-er more random than me -- well, maybe, but it's be hard.
My mind was already running through various random plans, all in the space of a few seconds. But then, it came to me. I was best random when trying not to be.
So, I did what any normal person would do, "I'm not random..." I declared my not-randomness. And then, said what any random person would say. "I'm jus- Oh my God it's a FISH!!!"

And sure enough, I pointed to the sky at a strange fish swimming through the syrup tainted air (it wasn't really flying. that would be stupid to think fish could fly, a much more reasonable idea would be to say that they swam through syrup).
"Cecil!" I screamed. It was the fish's name, obvious because the awesome-st name in the world was Cecil, and of course this fish was the most awesome thing in the world. It made sense.
The fish turned it's massive purple head, and it's big rainbow eyes stared at me. "Blup bloop bloppy", it said, and bubbles came from it's mouth like a cartoon. It was obvious what that meant in fish talk, everyone knew fish talk.
Then, not unexpectedly, Cecil swam amazingly fast towards me, and the dancing elephant on it's back rolled out a majestic white carpet. I of course walked up the white carpet, which was suspended in animation - much like everything else around me, it was as if I, Cecil, and the elephant where the only things moving at full speed, everything else was in slow-mo.
Cecil nodded his head, and I flew onto the back of it - much like onto a horses saddle. The pink elephant then whispered to the fish, and we started swimming through the air, and everything suddenly sped up.

I could see below the twilight fanfics. "Bella's!" I screamed. I then pointed to the condors circling Jenthura's head. "They want Edward for themselves".
In a sudden rush of Bella's - and a few Jessica's, the condors were being taken down, one by one.

It was time to laugh maniacally, as it seemed I would probably not get a better chance to show of my cackling skills. After all, they do add dramatic affect.

**Hail randomness. :) It makes me write lots, it makes me fit in. :D And it has pink dancing elephants :elephant: **
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Aspiring ran into the Twilight Disposal group's headquarters and camped out there. Outside Twilight fans and Bella's were rioting. All the while, condors circled above them. A few group members eyed Aspiring suspiciously.

He stared back at them. Surprisingly, there were very few of them. Sadly, they were the minority. They were just as much an endangered species as the condors outside. If there any less, Twilight fans would rule the world.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

350 Reviews

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:47 am
Jenthura says...

Back and forth, back and forth. I could taste blood on my lips...or was that syrup? In this world, I wasn't too sure about anything any longer. my shifted sword-hand was struck by the condors with amazing alacrity, forcing to the edge of the forum...I couldn't see what it was...
And then I was knocked backwards by a full-grown banana. I sailed through a reddish-colored wall, the material of the wall pulling apart to let me pass through, and landed on a soft floor that dipped to cushion my body. I got up unsteadily, sure that I was in some sort of sci-fi world, but which? I remembered the Twilight fans, and realized that it had to be fan-fiction. If they could have their bloody Edward, I could-
And then...
I found the Key to Parhelion.
"An Asimov fanfiction?" I said aloud. "Sweet!"
"Stop!" a voice cried out. "You are in a restricted area! Do not touch the artifact!"
I looked up at the golden robot and grinned. According tot eh First Rule of Robotics, he could not harm me, but that wouldn't stop him from preventing my leaving the room.
"See'ya later, tinman," I quipped, pressing the corners of the Key and vanishing at the touch of a button.
I saw the Randomness thread briefly, vaguely: condors, bananas, plastic-army men and fighting writers, there was even a fish and the famous dancing pink elephant of YWS. But it was gone in a second, replaced the endless grey expansion of Parhelion.

For those unfamiliar with Asimovian robotics, or the story of Robot City in general, the above post will make no sense to you. But Twilight makes no sense to me either, so I just play along with it.
-ж-Ж-ж-

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal