z

Young Writers Society

Punishers

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:56 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

MADDIE

Her heart lurched to her stomach. Caught. She was caught. Her mother was right. She was going to be caught and she was going to die.

And as much as she hated to admit it, she almost wished someone would try to save her. She didn't want to be tortured by those Punishers. She knew that they would do it. But she would never give away her family at the Rebel camp.

She squinted at the Punisher who was gripping her arm. Well, she wasn't going down without a fight. She whipped her right leg beneath the legs of the man and he fell, obvious surprise on his face. He had underextimated her. Good.

Maddie didn't run. Instead she glared at him. "You're not getting me without a fight! C'mon, be a man and fight me. But don't be surprised if I win," she growled, acting much more confident and braver than she really felt.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:48 am
kaiden says...

ROMEO CAPULET

Romeo admitted to himself that he was caught off guard, but he did not get angry. It was understandable for rebels to act defiant in their final moments. He got up slowly, his eyes never leaving the young woman's face, a sheer mask of defiance. Romeo hoped that his calm demeanor would catch her off guard.

"I'm giving you two options." Romeo explained, "Option A, you can come along nicely and I won't have to hurt you. Option B, I make you."

Romeo considered this young woman, she was quick when she swept his legs. Romeo would usually see that coming. He didn't take any chances. He pulled out his army knife and jammed it into a tree effortlessly so only the handle was visible. Then, he pulled out his handgun and dismantled it. He'd be able to put it back together once he was done with the young woman.

"Your choice." Romeo said.
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

54 Reviews

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:29 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**I think I'll PM the others to see if anyone is still in this :P**

MADDIE

She laughed, cold and unafraid. Or so she hoped.

"You think I'll go down without a fight? You're mistaken. And the only way I'll come with you is if you kill me. And you won't do that, because you and I both know that you'll only take me back to the city to be tortured until I give away information. Which I won't do either," she growled.

Maddie was terrified. Punishers were very well trained but this one seemed...better than the others. She didn't stand a chance no matter how long she had ran from them.

I'm sorry, mom, I'll miss you, she thought bitterly. She should have listened to her mother. She had been cocky and she'd do anything to wake up from this nightmare.

Maddie saw the man lurch towards her and she dodged him, going for a kick in the gut. He grabbed her leg causing her to fall to her ground, ankle twisted in pain. The Punisher went to grab her back up except her didn't expect her to recover so quickly. She jerked her other leg into the man's side.

He grunted and she almost wish she would have kicked him in the groin instead. He probably would have at least fallen to the ground.

But the man, he almost looked regretful, although she knew it wasn't true, smashed something into the back of her head and Maddie fell unconscious.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:41 pm
ScarlettFire says...

((I'm here, I'm jsut waiting for a rebel to aknoweldge my character. Someone is holding a gun to her temple at the moment... She's at a rebel camp too.))
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:48 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lyndsie

I was lost now, as much as I hated to admit it. I wandered through the underbrush, pushing my glasses farther up my nose.

Then I stumbled into a small clearing. A man was standing over a young woman. I recognized him from work. "Capulet? What are you doing out here?"

Capulet turned, seeming startled. "What are you doing out here?"

I frowned at him. "I asked first."
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:56 am
kaiden says...

ROMEO CAPULET

Romeo looked suspiciously at Lyndsie, he had conciously measured the entire distance he chased Maddie and knew that he was still within his own patrol borders. If he remembered correctly, Lyndsie was supposed to be patroling a mile from where they were now.

Romeo grew even more suspicious when he thought of how different Lyndsie was from the other punishers. She appeared to be more sympathetic of the rebels. Could she be in league with the rebels? Romeo wished he hadn't disassembled his handgun and he wouldn't be able to move quick enough to his blade which was stuck in a tree if Lyndsie were to attack.

Then he chuckled silently to himself, It takes one to know one.

He thought of what had just crossed his mind. Did he really think that? If indeed Lyndsie was sympathetic of the rebels, could he be as well? He looked down at Maddie and then back at Lyndsie.

"I was just patrolling my area," Romeo said indicating to the unconscious girl, "You're way off where you should be."
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:41 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Evie

We finished cooking the food and I sent a few people to hand it around to the other rebels. It looked delicious if I did say so myself. I noticed that some of the rebels were still interrogating the girl I had seen when Maddie brought me to a camp. They held a gun to her temple and she looked really scared. I felt guilty, I had just been accepted into the community because I had been brought by Maddie but this girl was an outcast just because she had found the camp herself. I plated up some of the food and walked over to the interrogation group.

"Come on guys, if she was in league with the Punishers they would have shown by now," I said approaching from behind. The guy holding the gun rounded on me, I backed away raising one hand in surrender. "Sorry, I just thought..."

One of my fellow chef friends stepped forward in my defence. "She's right you know," he said. The gun was lowered and the girl was apologized too. The men left and the girl sat fretfully on a log. I sat beside her.

"Are you ok?" I asked handing her the plate of food. She smiled gratefully but it didn't touch her eyes, they still looked alarmed and scared from her ordeal.

"I'm Evie, I'm new here too."

"Zia," she said smiling.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

54 Reviews

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:50 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

MADDIE

Her eyes fluttered open to see two Punishers, one who had knocked her out, arguing about something. It didn't matter. This was her chance to run away!

She couldn't take them both on, that was for sure. She couldn't even take the big male Punisher on. She needed to escape.

Maddie didn't move and kept her eyes narrowed, her lashes covering her eyes from dirt. Her ankle still throbbed and the back of her head was pounding hard. She wanted to groan in pain and whine just a little, but what would that do? Probably get her hit in the head again by the big Punisher.

He had his back to her and the woman was looking towards him, not at Maddie. She thought quickly. This was her only chance. The big Punisher might carry her off at any moment.

Maddie jumped up, ignoring the headrush, and knocked the big man's knees out from under him and pushing him into the female Punisher.

Then Maddie ran for her life, dodging the trees. She had an advantage now. She was quick and she knew the deep parts of the woods. They didn't. Her ankle was screaming in protest but she just ran.

She looked back and, gratefully, didn't see anyone. Maddie climbed the old oak tree to the highest branch she could and waited. She was safe. She had made it. She was safe!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:50 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Venezia:

I was scared and for once it wasn't my boss.

"Come on guys, if she was in league with the Punishers they would have shown by now," someone said. The guy holding the gun to my temple turned towards the newcomer. She backed away a few steps, one hand raised in surrender. "Sorry, I just thought..."

One of the other rebels stepped forward. "She's right, you know," he said.

The guy lowered gun and apologized to me. Then him and the rest of the men left me alone. I sat down on a log, fidgeting. The girl sat down beside me.

"Are you ok?" she asked handing me a plate of food. I smiled gratefully but didn't answer. "I'm Evie, I'm new here too."

"Zia," I said, smiling at her.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 am
Lydia1995 says...

Evie,

Zia took a mouthful of the food and smiled.

"Mmm this is nice, did you make it?"

"Yes. My grandma always cooked with me at home," I said smiling at the memory.

"Will she miss you, now your here?"

My face fell. "She...she was terminated...for believing in love."

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said looking down at her food to avoid my gaze.

"That's ok, she told me to come here and so I'm pretty sure shes watching over me," I said glancing up to the sky. Dusk was falling and people were starting to wind down in the camp. One of the rebels came up to us and handed us each a sleeping bag.

"There's a tent over there. Are you two happy to share?" He asked.

We nodded simutaneously and he left towards his own tent. "Shall we?" I said standing up and gesturing towards our tent. Zia nodded and we walked over there occasionally recieving smiles and nods from some of the rebels.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat May 01, 2010 4:39 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Name: Aisha Chang

Age (5-50): 17

Rebel/Citizen/Punisher: Citizen (but changes later on)

About him/her: She's angry about the laws and doesn't want to cave in to it. She's up for love, of course. She's stubborn and high-spirited. She hates rules and, despite her training from the age of 5-13, she's still rebellious.

Jobs: She works with her mother in a small gift shop.

Appearance: Long black eyelashes and long black hair. She's very pretty.

Other: Up for love.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat May 01, 2010 4:47 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Aisha Chang

I ran down the corridor. Suddenly, the wind was knocked out of me by a tall boy with black hair falling over his eyes.
"Sorry!" I said hurriedly. "I just need to get by-" the boy stared at me, and then laughed. I looked at him, annoyed. My green Chinese shirt with the collar pulled up was supposed to make me intimidating, and not available to any other boys. Apparently, this boy wasn't taking the hint that I wasn't allowed to talk to him. I again tried to get past.
"What the hurry, chickadee?" he asked, leaning back against the wall.
I looked at him, extremely offended. "Get out of my way," I threatened, "Or I'll call the punishers."
"I don't think you would," he said, surveying me. "I'm Sachary Brewens, by the way."
"Aisha Chang," I said hurriedly. "Now, please, if you don't need anything, move. I need to get to my job."
"Where do you work?" he asked.
"Chang's Gift Shop," I said without thinking.
"I'll see you soon then," he said with a smile, and with that he moved. I glared at him and walked along, feeling a faint blush rise up onto my cheeks.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'