z

Young Writers Society

Punishers

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:53 am
kaiden says...

Haha yes irony was exactly what I was getting at. And if you feel like you need some pure evil punishers I can make one.
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:02 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Okay, I'll do a profile now. Sorry I took so long! Been really busy the past few days.

Name: Lyndsie Raven

Age (5-50): 24

Rebel/Citizen/Punisher: Punisher, but may change sides later on.

About him/her: Lyndsie never really agreed with the Punishers, but she obeyed. Eventually she was given a job as one of them, and despite her own thoughts and opinions, did her job to the best of her ability. She's sympathetic of those who are in love, because of what she's been told about it and how "bad" it is, but she's also curious to know if the Punishers have been telling them the truth, and wonders what it feels like quite often.

Jobs: Punisher full-time. She does her work as often as possible to keep herself from rebelling and getting herself into trouble. She's figured that the more work she gives herself, the less likely she is to do something stupid.

Appearance: Blonde hair with darker highlights that's in a slightly grown out pixie cut, green eyes. She's pretty small, only about 5,1 and is really thin. She wears glasses with no rims, like these; http://buxtoneyecenter.com/files/13000.jpg

Other: Up for love.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:23 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Name: Jason Desver

Rebel/Citizen/Punisher: Citizen

About him/her: He's always done what he's told without question. He can't imagine being his own self. He used to dream of just running away as a child. He saw how miserable his parents are. His father wanted to give him up to the Punishers as soon as possible but his mother loved him more than her own life. She wanted to run away to the Rebel clan. He used to hear them argue in the middle of the night. His mother was caught trying to run away with him when he was 9 years old. She was terminated. So Jason lives with his father and they are both to afraid to go against the rules though Jason misses his mother more than anything. He wants to enforce the rules without telling Punishers so no one else has to lose a family member.

Jobs: Like any teenager he has a part time job while he is attending school for what his assigned job is. He works as a mechanic's assistant because, eventually, he will become a mechanic, himself.

Appearance: He has shaggy dark brown hair the falls into his eyes. It's often greasy from his line of work. He has tanned skin from staying outside so much with a lean, tall frame. He often wears dirty, greasy pants and white tank tops.

Other: Up for love (maybe). It will be very difficult to get him to break the rules.

**Tonight I'll make the first post. Once we start I'll not be taking other characters unless YOU PM ME FIRST. :) Please feel free to join before that though. Like I said, no more girl characters, however. And yes, you may have a 2nd character.**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

54 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Okay, here goes**

Maddie

She looked around at her fellow rebels. They were each working at whatever needed to be done. Her parents, now forty five years old each, were still doing manual labor.

"Alright, now this is where you'll be staying," Maddie said kindly to the two new kids joining. She had seen it before.

They both had the fair complexion and slender bodies of city kids. Two teenagers whose emtioins cut through the Punishers rules. Your first love was so powerful that it made all the rules, even life, seem so unimportant. That's how it had been with Maddie's parents as well.

"Tomorrow I'll show you how work the fields. I'll even arrange for your work hours to be scheduled with each others. Though it can't always be like this. For the new guys and girls we allow it, other times it's just too much trouble," she informed them.

"Has anyone ever been caught?" The wide-eyed girl asked. Her boyfriend gripped her hand tightly.

Maddie frowned. "Yeah. We've tried to rescue them, even suceeded sometimes, but the Punishers...well we can't do anything after they act. You know what they'll do if they find any of us."

Both nodded and Maddie dismissed herself. Tonight she was going to the very brder of the city. It had been a busy week and she was sure that some new citizens would be ready to convert.

Unfortunatly, the Punishers were always bright about where she was hiding lately. She couldn't risk getting caught. She'd have to be very careful tonight.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:55 am
ScarlettFire says...

Venezia:

I had been wandering around for days. I didn't know where I was or how far from the City I was by now.

That was until I ran into some boy.

"Hey!" I said as we both fell to the ground. "What was that for?"

He stood up quickly and took off into the tree. I frowned and stood up, brushing off my skirt. I tugged on it. I didn't like skirts.

Slowly, I followed him into the trees.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Evie

I wandered around the outskirts of the city that I lived in. I wasn't supposed to be here but I something in my instinct told me that it was here that I would find the rebels. That was what my grandma had told me to do before she she was terminated.

"Find the rebels." She had said. "They will show you the true meaning of love."

I skirted past a punisher in immaculate uniform and waited near the gate to the city. I saw a movement in the shadows and a girl came running up to me. She beckoned and ran off towards the woods. I knew immediately that she was a rebel. I followed quickly.

Once we were in the cover of the woods she spoke.

"I'm Maddie, I take it you know what you are getting yourself into, following me." The girl spoke quickly.

I nodded. "I'm Evie."

"Wait here, I need to see if there are any others wishing to join us." She said as she sped off back to the gate of the city.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:52 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lyndsie

A citizen brushed past me. I frowned. Citizens weren't supposed to be out here, especially not at this time of day. I followed her, staying quiet. Someone ran from the shadows and I saw them both take off to the forest. I frowned.

Must be the rebels...

I followed them both, ducking into the trees just in time to hear; "Wait here, I need to see if there are any others wishing to join us."

I settled down to wait, managing to remain silent. I'll show them... Lately I'd been made fun of by my fellow Punishers because of my size and "inability" to do anything useful. But they would see that I was good for something.

Finding the rebels single-handedly... that's got to be enough for at least a promotion.

**Hope this is okay!**
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:48 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Venezia:

I got lost too soon and found myself stumbling into the middle of a camp. Several people looked up and gasped. Apparently I was a new comer.

"Um, hello?" I said, uncertainly and slowly inched forwards.

Someone pointed a gun at me and I froze.

"Um, please don't hurt me?" I whispered.

193 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:25 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Evie

I waited where I was told sitting against the trunk of a tree. I was excited but worried about starting my new life. I hoped that no-one had seen us come out here. I heard a rustle a little way away from me, I started and stood up.

"Who...who's there?" I asked my voice quivering. No-one answered, but I knew I had heard something and it might have been a Punisher. I crept backwards away from where I had been told to stay and further into the trees. Sure enough a small rustle told me that someone was following me, whoever it was was clearly inexperienced. I heard another rustle and I saw Maddie coming hurtling through the trees, she was on her own but she looked worried.

"Run!" She shouted to me pushing me in the back. I ran in front of her, I didn't know where I was going but I just followed my instinct. We slowed after running quite a long way.

"Up here," Maddie said indicating a tree. "I can't be sure we have lost them yet."

We climbed the tree and stayed there until daybreak, no-one had followed us and Maddie had been unable to find any new recruits other than me so we made out way to the rebel camp. We arrived to find guns raised.

"Maddie! Get away from the possible traitor," a man said.

Maddie dragged me to the side and we watched the interrogation.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.

39 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:04 am
kaiden says...

Romeo sat in the locker room staring at his uniform. He sat there, looking at his handgun and combat knife. One number always popped into his head. Twenty seven. Since he finally became a punisher at twenty, he had killed twenty seven rebels because they would not go quietly. Most rebels won't. They know they're going to die when they get caught and they fight more stubbornly than a cat refusing to get picked up.

Ten years ago, he was a young and very naive Punisher. So full of youthful energy and excitement for chasing rebels. Never questioning the laws, though they are, in fact, very questionable. Now as a more mature adult, Romeo questions the law. What makes love so evil? What is love anyways? How can you call love evil when it creates new life?

But it wasn't him to question the law, he was raised an obedient soldier. Like his fathers before him, he was destined to follow the law as a Punisher.

Putting on his uniform and strapping his gun to his chest and his combat knife to his hip, he left to find some rebels.
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

54 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:21 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

MADDIE

Maddie's mother looked her daughter over very carefully. It was her mother's very worst nightmare that Maddie would get caught and...exterminated by the Punishers.

Her mother hugged her tightly. "I'm glad you made it back safely. How about next time we let someone else do the job?"

"No way!" Maddie excliamed. "I know the forest better than anyone here and I am best at recruiting. Mom...I'll be fine."

"You don't know that," her mther whispered. "Punishers are trained to kill. I don't want you to get caught."

"I'm sneaky. I won't."

"Yu don't know that."

Maddie growled low in her throat. She was nearly 25 years old. Her mother needed to reaize she could take care of herself. She wasn't a baby.

Maddie turned on her heel and left, running towards her own personal sactuary. The forest. Maddie sank and sat by one of the tree trunks.

There was a rustling coming toward her. She stood up and hid behind the huge pine tree beside her.

A man looked around. He was big, with muscles the Maddie hadn't thought possible to have. And he was headed toward the Rebel camp. Her stomach lurched. He was a Punisher.

Her mind raced. She knew what she had to do to protect her family, but she didn't know if she'd be fast enough to get away. Not this time.

Still, Maddie whistled, earning the attention of the Punisher. So she ran. She had the advantage here. She knew the woods better than anyone. She had grew up here and she was fast.

"Come on," she taunted the Punisher. "Scared of a little Rebel."

He grinned. "Your Maddie." He didn't say it as a question.

Maddie gulped. That was not good.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:14 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Venezia:

"Possible traitor?" I shouted and the guy stormed forwards, grabbing my arm. "I'm not a traitor!"

"Silence," he snapped and pressed the barrel of a gun to my temple. I threw my hands up and clamped my mouth shut. "Now, are you a Punisher?" he asked darkly. "Talk."

"No," I said and shuddered. "God, I hate those guys," I muttered, looking at the ground. "I don't know why any of them hate love so much..."

Silence. I looked up. The small group were all watching me.

"What?"

193 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Evie

A woman who I assumed was Maddies mother had come over to where we were stood. They had argued a little and Maddie had run off into the trees. I felt lost among the group of rebels. I didn't know who to turn to or what to do. I noticed some people cooking a little way away, I had always loved cooking, it took my mind of things, so I went to join them. They looked up as I started to peel potatoes but said nothing. I was so absorbed in cooking that I didn't realise for a long time that they were staring at me.

"What?" I asked scared that I had done something wrong.

"Nothing, it's just that your a pretty neat cook," a guy said stepping forwards.

"Oh. Um thanks," I muttered blushing.

"You can have my job if you like. Wanna be head chef?" The guy who spoke before asked nicely.

"Yeah sure ok," I said before I had really thought it over. It was a nice feeling to know that I was doing something good in the camp.

"Cool, you're in charge oh powerful one." They all bowed and straightened up laughing. The rebels wern't at all like the punishers described them. They were full of life and laughter, not like everyone else who were mere cardboard cut-outs thanks to the rules. I was really happy that I was a rebel, my grandma had been right, this was hte way to live.

54 Reviews

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

JASON

Jason walked his animal through the city. He and his father had been assigned a small puppy last year. Jason, as it turned out, needed to learn responsibility and the Punishers thought this the best way to do it.

"Hello young man," a kind old lady greeted him.

"Hello," Jason sighed.

He couldn't help but wonder, for just one, heartbreaking second, maybe his mother was right. There had to be more to life than this.

But he could never know.

MADDIE

Maddie dashed through the woods, heavy footsteps chasing her. Her breath was labored now, from running, but she smiled.

This Punisher would soon realize she wasn't like the others from the city. She had been born out here. Her stamina was better. She wasn't tiny and fragile like the sity kids she recruited, but had muscles from hard-work. She could make it.

Then she tripped over a tree root. Maddie cursed her bad luck under her breath. She got back on her feet and started running, dodging low hanging branches.

But now the male Punisher was close. Maddie groaned. She was tired and had almost threw him off her trail. She didn't know how much longer she could keep running at this pace. She'd have to just hide soon.

39 Reviews

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:52 am
kaiden says...

ROMEO CAPULET

He had found one of the girls on the wanted posters. Her name was Maddie and the report says that she's twenty five. Her mother is also a part of the rebel group. Romeo guessed she was the one that found runaways and took them to rebel camps. If he took her out, would runaways get lost in the forest? Would the population of rebels decrease? Most likely not, they'll simply find another person to do the job.

He felt a twinge of regret as he grabbed the girl roughly by the arm and pulled her towards the city.

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
— Elbert Hubbard