Young Writers Society

The Court II

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:30 pm
Elinor says...

And by the way, could I still join?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:00 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Kammy can we pretty please with a cherry on top start this!? :D I'd love you for life! <3 ^_^
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 pm
Kamas says...

Oh alright. >.>
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

54 Reviews

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

YAY! Then I'll make the first post

GRAYSON

"Jas, c'mon!" He yelled at the retreating figure. "Jas! Jas, just listen to me!"

But she kept walking. She hadn't said so much as one word to him since the death of the Rogue. IT hurt Grayson too, to kill him. But Maria had meant more to him then that.

"Damn it!" He yelled punching a wall.

"Grayson," Maria sighed. "I take it that the talk with Jas didn't go so well?"

He nodded and walked towards the slightly grimacing Maria, kissing her lightly on the lips.

"Well, no," he frowned. "But after I'm sure you've made a full recovery then I'm going to go find Kayla and talk some since into the girl."

"I am recovering," she told him. "But I have some news about Kayla she said, looking away from him and walking a little towards the door Jas just left in.

"What is it?" He asked.

"She's recruiting. She's...she's trying to take the Rogue's place. She has gathered a lot of supporters so far and she's after...you. You and Krissy," she whispered.

Grayson frowned. "All the more reason to find her. I can't let her be this foolish. She's my friend. I'll be able to talk some since into her."

KAYLA

She smiled at the heads and heads of people watching her.

"Krissy, the filthy little killer, and her lap dog Grayson!" She yelled. "They're the cause for the Rogue's death. We WILL avenge him."

The shouts and screams were deafening and Kayla threw back her head, her brown hair whipping around her face, and let out the more terrifying high pitched laugh she could.

This was for him. For the Rogue.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

:D Yay! I've missed this so much...

Maria

I was sick of being treated like an infant, or a handicapped person. I was fine! The healer hardly let me out of bed. The pain was hardly there when I walked around. I wanted to be free to roam the city, without fear of being killed. Now that the Rogue was dead the only people I had to worry about were Kayla and Jas. I wasn't sure about Jas. Krissy seemed to trust her, but I certainly didn't.

I put a hand to the side of Grayson's face. I was horribly worried about him. Kayla was extremely dangerous now. Not that she hadn't been before. "Grayson.... promise you'll be careful? Please? If she killed you I don't know what I'd do..."

Grayson smiled softly and put his hand over mine. "I'll be fine Maria, I promise. I can take care of myself."

I sighed. "I know, but what if she does kill you, Grayson? What will I do then?"

His smiled faded slightly and he sighed. "You'll survive without me. You survived once before, remember?"

"Yes, but I don't think I could do it again..." I looked into his eyes. "I want to come with you, when you find Kayla."
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:26 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

I stormed down the hallway, fuming. A snot nosed boy with a unibrow - one of the petty thieves, maybe? - hurriedly backed away as I stomped past him.

The Traitor's words echoed through my head. Jas, just listen to me. Yeah, right. The last person I wanted to listen to was that filthy murderer. I couldn't care less about anything that The Traitor had to say. And he hadn't wanted to talk when he was sneaking off to the woods to see that Maria girl last year. He hadn't told me anything then, so why should I listen to him now?

"Jas, miss?" a voice called after me.

"What?" I snapped, spinning around.

The girl following me stopped dead in her tracks, eyes widening as she took in my murderous expression. "Um, I - the Rogue wants to - to see you," she stammered, then turned and fled.

Great. Now Krissy wanted to talk. Could this day get any worse?
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

373 Reviews

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm
View Likes
Kamas says...

Krissy

I twirled my favourite dagger through my fingers quickly, the speed came with constant practice. Which I had a lot of time for now that I was almost constantly glued to the throne room for requests.

Jas stormed into the room and stopped in front of me, hands on her hips.

"What do you want?"

I looked at her with a bored expression, guessing Grayson had tried to talk to her again.

"I'm bored. Get everyone out of here and lock the room, I'm gonna go do something."

"You're closing the Court? Again?"

"Last time I closed it was a month ago. I don't care what orders you're used too, but I need to get out of here." I said, putting the dagger back into its holster.

"You're impossible." she stomped off, shouting orders.

People filed out of the court in a hurry, and when the locks slammed down on the doors I jumped up and ran out into the halls. Maria and Grayson were discussing, serious expressions on their faces.

"What's going on?" I bounced up behind them, squeezing Maria.

"Hi dearie, what'cha doing out of the throne room?" she turned to me.

"I closed the Court for a little bit, we can relax for a while."

"Kayla's getting supporters." Grayson said, blankly.

"Supporters? Kayla's lost her nut." I sighed, leaning against the wall.

What are we supposed to do about conspiracies? We'd just settled into the brand new court, and already rearranged some things in the system. It's like a newborn walking, a draft would make it tumble.

"This sounds like a fun time to investigate." I grinned. "When're we going?"
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Maria

I sighed. "Grayson wants to go now dear, and I'm going to come with you. I'm tired of being treated like some sort of infant. I'll be fine, really!"

**Guhh, short, but Kammie maaaadddeee me. :P**
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

373 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 pm
Kamas says...

Krissy

I looked at Maria skeptically.

"Does the healer even know you're here?"

Maria flushed and looked at her shoes.

"I'm guessing that's a no, but I'm tired of being tied to the throne, I'm sure you're tired of being tied to bed. Grayson, what'cha planning?"

#tnt

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:55 pm
AquaMarine says...

Parker Webb.

Parker stopped in front of the building and quickly looked down at himself. Yes, everything was there. Two knives, strapped to his waist, newly sharpened this morning. A letter, that had been sent to him by a friend in this city, tucked into his breast pocket. Clothes - a brown shirt and black trousers. He was trying to be inconspicuous. Not that it was working, though; a few rumours had arrived in the city before his arrival, helped along by the malicious mind of a girl who was disappointed at his refusal to marry her after, well ...

It didn't matter, though. He wasn't really here to snoop around. Unless, of course, that was what the person who was hopefully going to employ him wanted. He would snoop if he was paid enough.

At this thought, Parker straightened up, patted his twin knives and strode into the inn. The building wasn't at top condition; one of the walls was crumbling at the top and there was a suspicious looking stain in one of the corners. Nevertheless, it was where he'd been told to go.

A man, who looked in the same state of deterioration as the in itself, stepped forward to greet him, welcoming Parker with a grimace that could have petrified a small animal. Before the man could say anything, Parker smiled conspiratorially.

"I'm here to see Kayla Mills."

**Hope this is okay!**
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

93 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

I prowled restlessly through the Court, my footsteps echoing through the empty hallways and rooms. I was pretending that I was checking to make sure everyone was out, but really I was just dead bored.

I wandered into the kitchen. No one was there, of course. Everyone knew better than to linger when the Court closed.

I turned to leave, but a dozen or spice jars lined up on one of the tables caught my eye. I impulsively picked them up and started alphabetizing them.

This is just pathetic, I thought, trying to decide if the powder in the smallest container was ginger or garlic. I wished Krissy would send me out on an errand - preferably something incredibly dangerous and risky - but it didn't look like anyone would be doing much of anything today. I hate when she closes the Court.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

373 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 pm
Kamas says...

Krissy

Maria grimaced as Grayson traced out a plan on paper, pointing out different parts of the town that we were unfamiliar with. I heard footsteps in the hall and peered out, Jas disappearing down the stairs into the kitchen.

I turned back to the two, hesitated and turned out the door. Tip toeing down the stairs, Jas was muttering to herself in frustration, lining up spice jars.

"Hey Jas." I said quietly.

She tensed up, reaching instinctively to her daggers as she twirled around.

"Whoa, relax. It's just me, you're probably as bored as I am so, I got us an activity."

---

Amy, you're fine. :)

IMPORTANT: Now we have a DT ((here.)

I'll also post it on the first post, for those who need an easy link.

#tnt

54 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:28 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

KAYLA

"I'm here to see Kayla Mills," a voice said.

Kayla walked over and smiled. "You've found her. What can I do for you?"

Her voice was so fake and sugary sweet. A clever ruse that many thought she was an easy target and nothing to worry about. Those who knew her, and really knew her, were terrified. She was Kayla. Last remaining faithful loyal to the Rogue.

Lorraine and Gryk, dead, while Jas and Grayson became traitors. Hate burned like acid in her stomach and chest. It was Grayson she most wanted to see. She wanted him dead.

Kayla pulled out a dagger. "Are you true to me and the old Rogue or...them?" She asked, knowing he would know who she meant by that vague sentence.

GRAYSON

"No one's coming with me. Especially not you Maria," Grayson sighed.

Krissy snorted like her just said something really funny and Maria frowned, angrily.

"And why not?" She asked.

"Because it's too dangerous! I'm not risking you. Absolutely not! Krissy, you're the new Rogue. It wouldn't be wise for you to go risking your neck," Grayson advised.

Krissy glared at him. "Well you're in just as much danger. You're a traitor to Kayla. She's going to wanna kill you as much as any of us. Maybe more."

Grayson shrugged. "Look, let me talk to her first. I couldn't stand it if you two got hurt, especially you Maria. I need to do this on my own."

"No way," both of the girls replied, arms over their chests.

Grayson sighed, rolled his eyes and went back to his planning.

"Women," he muttered to himself.

373 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 am
Kamas says...

Krissy

I grinned at Maria, who looked on the edge of giggling. I placed my hand over his plans, interrupting his careful lines.

"You have three women to deal with, we're all going."

"Three...?"

"Jas is coming." I grinned at him.

"The first thing Jas wants is my head on a stake, why would she be coming?"

"Yea, well you two better sort out your differences, or I'll have you two cleaning all the secret tunnels with your tooth brush you understand?" I said, as Jas walked in, leaning against the door frame.

Grayson muttered pushing my hand out of the way.

"That's a new threat I haven't heard before." Jas snorted.

"Let's get out of here." I said, grabbing the sheets out of Grayson's hands and walking out the door.

"You know Krissy, you're gonna get yourself killed. You're too careless." Grayson spat, irritated.

"I'm going to hell anyways, may as well have some fun while I'm at it." I replied, tapping the sheets against his head and putting them back in his hands.

--

Lulz, that was actually fun to write.

#tnt

93 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:35 pm
MagnusBane says...

Jas

Leaves crunched under our feet as we walked down the street. Gray - I mean, The Traitor and I were ignoring each other, to Krissy's amusement. Normally that would have annoyed her, but she was in a good mood today for some reason. She was actually humming as we walked along.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked.

She shrugged, smiling. "Just happy to get out of the Court."

"Where are we even going?" Maria asked. She was pale and she looked like she was in pain, but she hadn't complained once.

"Kayla's headquarters," The Traitor and I said at the same time. I shot him a dirty look. He looked away, frowning.

"Apparently she's hiding out in a shack outside of town," Krissy added, smirking. "Classy."

I stopped dead. "That's not what I heard. I thought she was in a hotel?"

The Traitor halted, too, waving the papers around. "It says right here that she's operating out of a tavern. Isn't that where we're going?"

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi