z

Young Writers Society

F.O.E.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:20 am
Rydia says...

I would if both my characters weren't occupied but maybe we can start bringing them all together soon?

Merrick

As he circled, Rickie was able to get a better view of her posture and it really was very well defined. This was a hard-working girl, someone who knew the value of pouring everything you had into your occupation. That was all he was doing, admiring the skill and talent of an individual and then she started screeching at him. Great. This was not what he needed.

"I was going to warm up but looks like I;m all done," Merrick said with a casual shrug. "You're not the only one auditioning you know." And he was so done with this. He'd spent too long dawdling already and allowed himself to be carried away by the first dancer he'd seen.

"Best of luck and all that," Merrick said. She seemed to be ignoring him for the moment or maybe she just wasn't sure what to say. Turning around he headed for the audition hall. Time to fill in some forms, oh joy. Maybe he'd see Deidree again later. She'd probably make the cut and there was no doubt in Merrick's mind as to his own position. He deserved this.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:20 am
pudin.junidf says...

Allen
For some reason talking to Jessi made his nerves calm and he could think clearly, talking was helping but was he really calmed enough to remember everything he had practiced for days and days? He hoped so, but for now, he decided to enjoy a little conversation.

"So, piano" He said, walking with Jessi to the closest seats since almost all where already occupied. "And do you sing?"

She hesitated for a little moment, but a smile spread across her face as she began talking about music. Just like him, his world lighted up when he talked about music, he lived for music and would do anything to succeed in what he wanted.

"I actually do" Jessi said slowly, lowering her gaze a little. "Not always but I do"

"That's cool, maybe we could get together sometime and sing something. Well actually you sing, I play." He remembered the time he had tried to sing, not bad,actually not bad at all,but singing made him even more nervous than he already was, so why bother in such important audition? So he stuck to what he knew best, the guitar.

"You don't sing then?" She asked.

"Not much, sometimes, when I'm crazy enough to do it" Allen smiled but she let out a little laughter which for some reason, calmed him even more.

Marissa
She had filled in the forms and every paper was ready, so she was down to waiting for the time when she had to be called. It made her freeze and tremble but it was something she knew she could do for it was for what she had been working all her life.

So she went to the bar in the small studio she was rehearsing and started again with the battements and arabesques.

"And one, two three four." And she started with the grand battements, followed by an arabesque sur la pointe, and she continued until that was done and the music had finished.
For her, it was like a practice day in her old studio, just that now, she was all by herself and about to prove that she could dance as well as she believed.

So she continued to dance, not in the center dancing her most beloved piece, Swan Lake. She had danced that before, so it sort of relaxed her a bit as she danced slowly to the sound of the piece. Once she was totally beaten up from so much work and rehearsing, she decided to go out for a while and try to socialize with someone. So she left her things inside the studio and went out.

It was crowded outside, lots of people were sitting down, practicing, singing to themselves, and there were the ballerinas too, with her bags and pointe shoes hanging from their arms. So she decided to sit in a little bench next to someone she didn't even notice .

"Nervous huh?" A male voice had asked.

"You can't even imagine" She said, breathing heavily, but still sitting with her back arched and her legs crossed. "It's been a hard morning"

"I can actually imagine" He said. Marissa laughed a little and turned to the black haired guy who sat by her.

"Marissa Ericksen" She said, shaking hands with him.

"Adam Moore" He said, smiling quite crookedly. " SO you're here for..."

"Ballet" she said in a rush
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:33 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

ADAM

"Ballet," he nodded, impressed. Dancing took not just talent but physical fitness and grace even.

"What about you?" the girl, Marissa, asked.

Adam shrugged. "Theatre," he replied, grinning.

"Well you don't look nervous at all," Marissa noted

Adam raised an eyebrow. "I did say I was here for the theatre right?"

Marissa laughed. "So you're nervous then?"

Adam shrugged. "A little. How long have you done ballet for then?" He asked, switching the subject.

Even just talking about it made his stomach churn.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

I think that's a good idea. Maybe we could all gather in the assembly room for the meeting, and then go onto our tryouts?

Deirdre:

She stopped as soon as he left the room, her heart pounding in her chest. Who did he think he was? Nico Archambault? True, he did have a nice body, but his manners could use a bit of touching. Sighing she turned to watch herself in the mirror. Closing her eyes and takign a deep breath she walked over to the radio and turned it on. Breathing deep she started her routine for the last time and lost herself to the beat.

Sometime later, there was a knock on the door. A girl with long blonde hair stuck her head in and annouced, "Hey, the meetings' about to start. You coming?" Deirdre gasped spinnning around.

"Ye-es!" She stammered, rushing to throw her clothes on. She quickly grabbed her bags and pulled her toe shoes off, slipping them into the bag and following the girl out the door.

"Sorry. I lost complete track of time. I'm Deirdre by the way."

The girl smiled, she looked very young, but older in a way. "I'm Kelsey."

Deirdre smiled as tehy walked to toward the assembly room, and entered rushing to get a good seat near the front. She past Merrick who was seated somewhere in between the front and middle, beside the aisle. Her smile fell, adn she glared at him, her stomach tingling. A man walked toward the podium just as they began to sit down.

"Good Morning!" he boomed, a hush fell across the room. "Welcome to New York School of the Arts. I am Dr. Jakelson. I, along with Dr. Loosis, are your headmasters. Now it is my pleasure to introduce to those of you who will no doubt make it, the teachers of this magnificent school. I will now turn the mic over to Dr. Loosis. Welcome and good luck with your auditions." He bowed and proceeded to his chair. A slender woman with black hair with red strips came to the podium.

"Welcome. I am Dr. Loosis, and I would like you to meet our teachers. She guestured to the few people sitting in chairs behind her. Smilig she guestured to a very young woman.

"I would like you to meet Ms. Mason. She is the Directer and teacher for those of you who are talented witha pencil and paintbrush." Many around the room chuckled.

"I would also liek you to meet," she turned and pointed to a mand and woman. "Dr. Leon, and Dr. Masyi. They are your Theatre teachers." She pointed to another woman and man. "This is Dr. Jacobs, and Dr. Leui. They are the teachers for Music." Finally she pointed to a slender woman and built man. Deirdre held her breath. "And this is Dr. Socik and Dr. Jukyi. Teahcers of Ballet. I would like to personally welcome Dr. Jukyi, since this is her first year here." she turned back to the prospective students.

"If you do make the cut, you will spend the next four years training and being prepared for more intensive training. If you do not however, there is always next year. I would liek to say again, welcome and I echo my counselors earlier words. Good luck. You are dismissed. Try-outs will begin in 30 minutes." She turned and walked off the stage, along with the rest of the teachers.

Deirdre stood along witht he rest of the kids, and exited. Her audition was at nine a.m. It was 8:45 now. She quickly rushed out to find a space available and sat down. She grabbed her new set of toe shoes and began to pound them with the brick she brought with her. When she was finished, she looked at her watch, five mintues. Quickly, she slipped them on and stood, quickly going to pointe to test them out. Perfect. She bent down to grab her bag when s a rough hand grabbed it. She started to protest but quickly looked up to find Merrick, grinning at her. Her face grew into a snarl.

"Please give me my bag, or I'll be late." She held out her hand, waiting.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:53 pm
Rydia says...

Jessi

Dueting with someone? Jessi had never tried that before but it sounded like a lot of fun, it sounded like the stuff dreams were made of. She was thinking about this while the announcement was made, not paying as much attention as she perhaps should. "Wow, only thirty minutes," Jessi gasped, catching the last few sentences. "I'm so nervous." She pulled a face that was close to a grimace and then laughed lightly. "Do you think we could get a glass of water somewhere?"

"I'm not sure," Allen replied with a thoughtful look. "Hmmm. I think there might have been a table at the front..." It was a big hall and Jessi wasn't sure if she wanted to lose her seat.

"Maybe you could save my seat for me?" she asked. Allen grinned and as she stood up he put his bag where she'd been sitting.

"Sure if you bring me a cup of water too."

"Deal." The table was easy enough to find and Jessi filled two of the plastic cups before heading back to her seat. Well. That was a way to spend five minutes. Now she just had to hope she could stay calm for another twenty-five.

"Here you go," Jessi offered the water to Allen.

Merrick

With a joyful grin, Merrick shook his head. Gee, some people needed to learn to live a little. "Kiss me for it," he joked. When her only reply was a glare, he chuckled deeply and held his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay. No sense of humour." Passing the bag across, he shrugged. "Good luck," he added. "Break a leg."

"Whatever," Deidre said hurrying off. Merrick checked his watch. Almost show time. Stretching a few kinks out of his back, he stood and headed for the door. Ah. Time to shine, shine, shine little star. Bring on the hard work and dedication, this was the perfect life for him.
Writing Gooder

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:04 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

*Can anyone bring my character in, please?*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

83 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:48 pm

who is your character? Hey kitty...I think it would be pretty cool if we had to do a little ...er...what do you call it? A duet with each other eh? A dance duet. Since our try-out is at the same time that would be pretty cool eh?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Rydia says...

Kat has Taylor, the writer.

And yeah, that sounds cool. Not your average audition requirement but why not XD
Writing Gooder

83 Reviews

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Yeah...Lol...erm...how do we do that exactly??? *Just for the sake of not having a whole lotta time and wanting to post something...*

Deirdre:

She rushed to the designated room, her heart pumping as she made it. She came to a sudden halt when she rounded the corner, her heart nearly stopping.

"Merrick." she mummbled under her breath.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 pm
Rydia says...

Merrick

"Hello Darling," Merrick greeted in a perfect immitation of his father's swagger. He was honestly surprised to see his new aquaintance as well but didn't want to appear off ballance in front of his future teachers. They were sitting in a row before them, facing the stage Merrick was currently standing on.

"Come along girl," one woman said briskly. "Your audition is to take place as a pair. Our school is very popular this year it seems." She gave out a low chuckle and Merrick flashed her a grin but knew to keep his tongue.

"You'll perform your audition together," another teacher put in. "I'm afraid you'll have to improvise but afterall is that not what dance is about?"

"Well," Merrick prompted. He fixed his eyes to her, pleading with her to understand and not speak out of turn. This was his life afterall and he did not like that he would be relying on someone who seemed so different to himself. At least she had fire in her. Maybe he could make use of that. "Won't you join me." Merrick held his hand out and took up a beginning pose.
Writing Gooder

83 Reviews

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Deirdre:

Silently, and inwardly cursing herself, Deirdre laid her hand in his. He swept her up into a beginning position and started the dance. Soon, she was caught up in the dance, her heart pounding in her ears as he lifted her high in the air, her legs going wide. Slowly, he lowered her and tipped her towards the floor. Her hand shot out to catch her, but she realized he wasn't going to drop her so she curled it around her side. When he set her down, she quickly moved away and jumped, landing on pointe. She turned to him and beckoned him with her hand, drawing her to him. He paused. She waited for him to make the next move.

83 Reviews

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Don't let this die!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:51 pm
Rydia says...

I'm happy to post but I'd rather there be more than two of us doing so.
Writing Gooder

83 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Yea I know what you mean. If you are in this storybook, please post!

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James