z

Young Writers Society

Westhaven

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:32 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Peter

"The more I know about what's happening, the easier it is for me to deal with it," Tallow explained simply.

Peter sighed and leaned back against the door frame. He was growing tired of Tallow's evasiveness. He was sure now that Tallow had a lot more going on in his life than he hinted at. And Peter was beginning to wonder if it was the smartest thing for him to be involved in this.

After all, he had a sister to provide for, and dead parents to make proud.
Got YWS?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:42 am
Billy says...

Tallow

If Morwenna and her brother were the children of the late Gypsy King, and of elven descent, what implications did that have for their blood? Tallow tapped at the side of his cudgel, deep in thought. Which of the Old Gods would need such a sacrifice, and why would Mills want to bring any of them back?

"There's a ball tonight, isn't there?" Morwenna said, disturbing Tallow's train of thought. "We could meet up then, my brother and I. It would be too dangerous to talk to him now."

He gave a distant nod, more concerned with finding out what he would need to do to stop Mills than with her warnings to her brother. There were things he would need to look more deeply into - and preferably without Peter looking over his shoulder. "Talk to him at the ball, then." Tallow said, "I'll be getting there somewhat late. There are things I need to collect from the camp."

Joseph

He glanced over his shoulder as the salesman pulled his hood up, seeing Tallow and Peter walking in the direction of the bakery. What on earth is going on in this place? After a few moments watching the door, Joseph turned back to the gypsy.

"I'll take one, then." He said, setting a bag of gold on the table in front of the man. It was expensive, yes, and cost him a month's pay. But the only sword he owned was rusted beyond use, and he was always left with one without a grip when it came to the communal ones kept in the guardhouse. This was a much better option.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:22 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Christophe:

The boy said he'd take one and put a bag of gold on the table. I held my hood up and pocketed the gold.

"Your pick," I told him and and went around to the back of my wagon. I groaned and sat down. I couldn't do this much longer. What was that Tallow up to?

"Hey!" the boy called. I came back round to him.

"Yeah?" I asked. He gestured to a sword.

"I'll take this one."

I nodded and watched him take off.

"This is going to be a long afternoon," I muttered.

Gwen:

I watched them leave and turned back to the oven. I removed the last of the bread and then left for my room.

Once in my room, I changed into the dark red top that I had found in the bottom of a wooden chest in my room. I picked up my long hooded cloak and left for the party I had been invited to.

I saw my brother packing up his mechandise and skirted around into an alley, taking a quieter way to Jane's house.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue May 11, 2010 4:06 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Has this died or something?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay