z

Young Writers Society

Misfit Circus: Now Before The End (2)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:07 am
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

(('Cause Daemyn just figured out that if he's emotional enough the images he sees become real! =D WIN, much?)))
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:53 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Amber:

Groaning, I rolled over and looked up into the face of some weird guy.

"Who the hell are you?" I snapped, glaring at him. He has blond tipped brown hair and brown eyes. Boring, boring, boring!

"I'm Michael and I'll be your personal guard," he told me and offered me a hand. I ignored it and got up on my own.

"Oh great," I muttered. "Personal guard now, huh?"

Michael laughed and sat down on a nearby chair. I watched him carefully as I moved around the room. It was small with dull white walls and a two way mirror. I gestured to it.

"Who's on the other side?"

Michael grinned at me. "I'm afraid I can't say," he said.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:52 pm
Tazakk says...

Zack

Finally, a plan.

I had noticed that the whatever-it-is that was blocking our powers was slightly weaker on the far side of the yard. Not greatly so, but enough it had spurred me to try something. I wouldn't be able disintegrate completely, but I just might be able to de-solidify enough to make it through the chain link fence.

I strolled at an relaxed pace towards the barrier. I turned and leaned on it, and made a quick check- yes, nobody seemed suspicious.

I concentrated. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I felt the beginnings of me power to work.

Somebody had noticed. "Hey, what's he doing?" I heard a guard shout. Some bullets flew, but I wasn't dense enough for them to embed in my skin. I could still feel them, though, and it didn't help much.

The guards came closer and closer. Still, I wasn't quite through yet. I put in the last reserves of my effort, then...

Something gave way an I fell free. Relived, I stopped exerting my power immediately. I gave a laugh at the guards, and ran...ran...ran...

I couldn't run. I looked down and suddenly realized why I had a nagging pain in my stomach.

Half of me was through the fence, half remained in the yard. I hadn't done it after all.

The guards started laughing at me. All could do was stand their and cringe as the pain in my stomach increased. It probably wasn't good for it to have a fence in it.

At least I was still alive. Though how was certainly a good question.
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:59 pm
RedBird says...

Nick,

After the guards take Amber away, I scream obscenities at them for awhile, which doesn't have any effect. Finally, I kick the fence, and slump to the ground. Zack, Kendall, and I are the only ones left in the yard. A sudden cry from Zack catches my attention, and I look up. Somehow, he's managed to use his power to move through the fence. Partially. Now, he's half-way stuck in the fence. I wince, but it gives me an idea. If his powers work over there...I run at the guards around Zack, shouting.

"Hey, you fuzz-brained morons! Yeah, that's right, over here!"

Next, I try with all of the ability that I possess to teleport, teleport, teleport. And it works. The guards' clothes disappear. Has I expected, their first reaction is to howl and cover themselves up.

"Now GO!" I scream at Zack. He nods, and dissolves more fully, flowing through the fence. I smile, but by this time, I'm being dragged away, towards where they took Daemyn, Lurie, Fee, and Amber.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

5 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:55 pm
Tazakk says...

Zack

Alarms went off everywhere, but I was far enough away now I could be partially dissolved. If they were shooting anything, it was going right through me. They couldn't grab me. I was free, at least until they came after me with the power blocking machine again.

Now, I could only assume that Nick had wanted me to get help. I thought about this.

Yes, nobody would be willing to help. Except the Misfits still on the run... but who knew where they were. It sounded like a lot of work. I didn't feel like it.

[[Is August one of the Misfits still free?]]

61 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm
RedBird says...

>>>Yes, she is<<<
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

61 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:29 am
RedBird says...

August,

Keshra and I finally stop in the middle of a suburban neighborhood, bordered by a clump of trees. We sit under the branches of a particularly tall cottonwood tree.

"Now what?" Keshra asks, head in hands.

"We've gotta get them out of there," I say, thinking, I've gotta rescue my parents.

"I've figured that much out, funnily enough," says Keshra, "Have we got a plan other than that?"

"Yes," I say, suddenly straightening, "My parents used to, or I guess WILL, talk about someone, someone from their past."

"And?"

"She was named Kili, I think. Smart, but evil, too. Crazed, they said. But clever."

"And you think we could find her? Where does she live?"

"She doesn't," I say, grimly, "She died three years ago. We're gonna have to bring her back from the past."
~Snape, AVPM

24 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 1:51 am

**FEE**

Now alone, now completely silent, as I had been, I sat still, glaring at the mirror. Anders had left after he hit me when I refused to say anything, and no one else had come in or said anything over the speakers. I hear a muted commotion outside, and I glance away from the mirror for just a moment as the door opens.

Anders comes striding in, just as happy as he was when i first met him, not an hour ago, and he grabs me arm roughly and makes me stand. I slap his hand away, immediately groaning when my skin tingles and changes to a darker shade, the very same as his own. He looks surprised for a moment then smiles darkly. I had forgotten about the whole "free zone" crap. But then I realized...

I was in a free zone.

I smiled back at him and whipped my hand out, quickly touching the buckle on his belt, then ripping my arm out of his grip. I look down and, sure enough, my skin is a sparkly, shiny, undoubtedly new metal. I grin at him, snarling, and lunge forward, punching him in the stomach, then bringing my fist up to smash his nose. He crumples over and I run out the door, happily surprised to find my skin stays metal in the hallway. I bring down other guards that come at me then realize several are already sprawled on the floor. I look down the hallway to find Daemyn, on fire, and laughing, running towards the door at the end of the hall, guards falling to the floor behind him.

After the shock wears off, I run after him, breaking down the doors as I go. Very soon, I find myself laughing as well.

~Papa Doorbell

5 Reviews

Tue May 04, 2010 12:38 am
Tazakk says...

Zack

I happened upon the free Misfits by chance. I had floated back into the city and simply wandered, not really knowing what to do. I was mildly relived to find people I knew, however vaguely. Someone to communicate with, at least.

I solidified and dropped into there midst. Keshra jumped but quickly recovered. that other girl- where had she come from anyway?- she just muttered "Oh, him." I wonder what she meant by that.

"Hello," I began. "How goes... um... sitting in a park and doing nothing?"

"Zack... you can tell us where the others are being kept. We have a plan," Keshra said.

I gave a questioning look, and the other girl explained, "Were going to grab Kili from the past. She might be helpful."

"Kili?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"You haven't heard of her? Oh... right... you wouldn't know... she was around before your amnesia."

"How do you know about that?"

"Uh... maybe later, we better get her as soon as possible."

Although I didn't say it, the name Kili had sent a whiff of memory to me... a forest... camping out... my past. I was close now. This 'Kili' may be the answer.

"Alright," I said. "Let's go.

Reviews: 1
Sat May 15, 2010 3:27 am
PuffSammy says...

Alura

Daemyn walked in the room smiling. He slowly sat down in the chair next to me and hugged me and kissed me and put his hand on my tummy. Wow Daemyn happy about the baby!
"Alura, how far along are you?" Elliot asked.
I looked at Daemyn for his approval. He nodded.
"I'm not quite sure" I said blushing.
"Well if you don't mind we can get you to a doctor to help you" Elliot said slowly. Yet again I looked at Daemyn for approval, he nodded.
"Okay"
I hugged Daemyn and noticed Elliot smiling to Daemyn. That's weird.
"Ask not what your teenager can do for you, but what you can do for your teenager."

-My English Teacher

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:58 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Amber:

Michael gave me a few last minute reminders before vanishing out the door and leaving me in the room, alone. And bored out of my mind. Damnit.

"Hey!" I yelled, walking up to the mirror and hitting it. "You on the other side! Who are you? Where are my friends?!"

I kept on hitting it until I grew tired and sat down abruptly, leaning against the wall. At this rate, I'd never get out of here.

24 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:18 pm
View Likes

**FEE**

I ran after Daemyn, punching doors in as I went along. Suddenly I heard a yelp, figuring it was a guard that needed a good whack, I ran back into the room. My eyes focused on none other but Amber sitting there. I smiled at her, and jerked my head toward the door behind me.

"How've your powers been?" I hold the smashed door out of the way so she can walk out.

~Papa Doorbell

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:51 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Amber:

Suddenly the door shot open and I yelped. A few seconds later and Fee stood just inside the door. She jerked her head towards the hall.

"How've your powers been?"

I stared up at her. "Fee!" I grinned and slowly stood up. "Misbehaving, as usual."

"Huh." She gave the hall a glance and tugged me out into it. "Let's go."

Put me in the fqluote generator. I say wise things.
— RigoTheHacker