z

Young Writers Society

Awakened to the Beginning

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:41 pm
Kelcia says...

Awakened to the Beginning

You arrive in a far off place… a far off time… the world you knew is gone, as if it never had been. Your memory starts to fade, and the world takes on new shapes.

This is the place where the gods survive. They chose
you, you and your companions to begin the world of man. Your life up to that point was merely a test, to see if you were worthy enough to truly live.

This storybook starts out in the real world, a world with cell phones, computers, cars, the whole enchilada. To begin, you go about your daily business (so we can get a bit more feeling for your character.) This will last for a couple posts, and then you will be transported into that other world… but more on that when we get there. :D

So, here are some guidelines:

None one knows each other in the beginning.

No one has special powers. This may be fantasy, but we aren’t magicians here. You could be a slightly crazy fortune-telling gypsy named Esmerelda, if you so choose. But please, only one at a time. One mad, crazy-haired lady with too much jewelry is quite enough, don’t you agree? ;)

No killing other people’s characters

No, erm, getting chummy with the gods, if you catch my drift.

Basic YWS rules apply.

Spoiler! :
CHARACTER PROFILE:

Name:

Appearence:

Occupation out in the real world:

TALENTS:(Please elaborate)

Running? Y/N
Strength? Y/N
Agility? Y/N
Creativity? Y/N

Other Characteristics:

History:

Up for love?

Other:
Last edited by Kelcia on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:16 pm
TexanWriter says...

I think I'll try this one. It’s original. Just to clear things up, are things like violence and language limited to PG, PG-13 or what?

Name: Adrienne Rayne Coleman

Occupation out in the real world: Mechanic during workdays and valet parker on weekends.

Talents: Is a good shot with a bow and arrow or rifle. Can refrain from blinking for almost two minutes, and hold her breath for one.

Running? Yes
Strength? No
Agility? Yes
Creativity? No

Other Characteristics: Runs almost entirely on instinct. Doesn’t usually take the time to make a good decision, just goes with her gut. I must mention, her gut isn’t always right. Is optimistic and generally happy with a dry sense of humor, but can be clingy which often scares people away.

History: Throughout her entire childhood she was daddy’s girl. He took her fishing and hunting every summer, gave her an appreciation for cars, and the like. Once, when she was twelve, she fell into an old mine on a hunting trip. She was there in the dark for days before they found her. She never went anywhere alone again. After that, she led a relatively normal life, continuing to her friendships with her dad and friends. The only difference was that she never let herself be alone.

Up for love? Yes

Other: Has autophobia – the fear of being alone. If it's just her and someone else, she'll follow them wherever they go unless it’s somewhere she physically can’t go, e.g. the men’s room. She always sticks with someone – lives in an apartment with her roommate, takes a taxi or bus work… you get the idea. She has a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Here's a picture.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

24 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:34 pm
Kelcia says...

Thanks for joining! It is PG, because I don't think we'll see any real gore or anything. As for bad language, occasionally it will be tolerated, but for the most part, it's a no-no.

Oh, and by the way. I forgot to put a couple things in the character profile thing. So, could you just fill in the stuff you're missing? Sorry about that ^-^*
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm
BeckaaBeatdown says...

CHARACTER PROFILE:

Name: Emily Lewis

Appearence:
Spoiler! :

Occupation out in the real world: Foster Carer, Loves Children but thinks shes too young for her own.

TALENTS: Very good at swimming, hiking and fencing. Good with knifes and swords.

Running? Yes

Strength? No

Agility? Yes

Creativity? Yes

Other Characteristics: Very clingy to people she gets close to but also a very shy,quiet keep to herself girl.

History: Emily went through a rough child hood. Her mother always kept in the quiet because her Dad used to beat her and Emily hid away in her room till she had school. She was always bullied for being different and wished her brother Chazz would come home to save her from her parents.

Up for love? Yes

Other: Shes Bi-Sexual, She also has a fear of dolls. She likes setting fire to things, can be dangerous with a lighter.
Last edited by BeckaaBeatdown on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RebbeccaVonZzombiie

You think I was a zombie, By the way I give you brain!

One Night Of The Hunter, One Day I Will Get Revenge, One Night To Remember, One Day It'll All Just Fade..

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Rosëanna DeMarzo

Appearence:
Spoiler! :

Occupation out in the real world: She was a member of the disguise team for the FBI. She helped people disguise themselves when they went and did spy-work. Before that she had worked in movies, most noteably starwars and the third harry potter movie as a make-up artist for the monster characters.

TALENTS:Disguises, spy work and she was very involves in the creative arts.

Running? N, she allways wears heels.

Strength? N

Agility? Y

Creativity? Y, she was a make-up artist. Creativity is so her thing.

Other Characteristics: Great speed. She could make a normal person look like a monster in only five minutes.

History: She was born to two very rich, uperclass parents who wanted nothing more than to see there little girl be rich and sucseesful. But she became very spoiled over time. She never let the money go to her head though, and she is now a clever, witty and funny girl.

Up for love? YES YES YES

Other: She speaks six languages: Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Chinease and latin. Her usual language is Italian, though, because her whole family was Italain and she as born-and-raised in italy. No accent.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

24 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:39 pm
Kelcia says...

Thanks for joining!

So far, we have three girls and no guys. Anyone wishing to sign up, please consider making your character a guy.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 pm
AquaMarine says...

Name: Matthew (Matt) Harrison

Appearance: Image
Except older ... and not as pale.

Occupation out in the real world: ICT technician.

TALENTS: The most obvious is, of course, computer skills. Matt also has a vastly logical mind and is skilled at things such as maths and science (mainly biology, which he likes.)

Running? He runs, but isn't amazingly talented at it.

Strength? Sort of.

Agility? Meh.

Creativity? Nope.

Other Characteristics: Pretty dry and sarcastic sense of humour. Can be socially awkward at times. He is, for all intents and purposes, a nerd.

History: Born to a family of more creative, arty people, you would expect that Matt didn't fit in. However, he's always rather liked his family, although both sides see each other as oddities (he doesn't get the creative stuff, they don't understand him.) He wasn't too accepted at school, due to the fact that he found it hard to connect with his peers. Matt's generally been a bit of an introvert, and likes working on his own without interruption.

Up for love? Sure, if you can get past his geekiness. :D

Other: Likes dogs.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 pm
BeckaaBeatdown says...

Name: Charlie Lewis But Likes Being Called Chazz or Charlie Scene (Yeah vain scene boy)

Appearence:
Spoiler! :

Occupation out in the real world: Scene Model, Famous on myspace and models for attitus, attitude and blue banana.

TALENTS: Posing, Being pretty, talking his way out of things and lying.

Running? No

Strength? No

Agility? No

Creativity? Yes

Other Characteristics: Very vain, loves himself but doesnt think badly of others and doesnt think he's too good for others.

History: Same as Emilys but he ran away from home when he was 19.

Up for love? Yes yes yes :))

Other: Allergic to dogs. Carrys hairspray everywhere.
RebbeccaVonZzombiie

One Night Of The Hunter, One Day I Will Get Revenge, One Night To Remember, One Day It'll All Just Fade..

42 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 am
Kaywiia says...

I will not be here for a while, I am going on vacation. I will be gone for five days.

24 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:40 am
Kelcia says...

Okay, have fun, Kaywiia.

Hey Becka? Both your characters sound cool, and I'm glad that you're into this SB, but are you sure you can keep up two characters? I like people to post regularly, and two characters would put more strain on you.

And what exactly is 'blue banana'?

FOR THE RECORD: Two characters is the limit. (However, I'd prefer it if every one only did one.)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 pm
BeckaaBeatdown says...

Blue Banana is an alturnative clothing shop and Yeah I will be able to keep them both, Im not new to this storybook thing, Im a old member with a new account ;)
RebbeccaVonZzombiie

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 pm
Apple says...

Name:
Ava Mills

Appearence:
Spoiler! :

Occupation out in the real world:
Librarian Assistant

TALENTS:

Running? Yes

Strength? No

Agility? Yes

Creativity? Yes and no

Other Characteristics:
She is very bubbly and chidlish that sometimes it can get others angry or annoy them. Though she is very sweet and caring and hates insulting others.

History:
Ava is a normal girl who did evyerhitng her rich parents told her. Going to a state school she has a wide range of friends and high achieving grades. Ava has always had a keen eye for adventure and would make up a fantasy world which she would escape to when ever anyone became abusive towards her.

Up for love?
Yeppo

Other:
She can't fight but really wishes she could!
Last edited by Apple on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

24 Reviews

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:45 pm
Kelcia says...

Of course you can join! Welcome.

Okay, the girl:guy ratio is now 4:2. Any girl spots are now closed until we have at least two more guys. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this isn't a sorority. ;)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

24 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 pm
Kelcia says...

Hey, you guys know something? I just realized. If I make my character a guy, then we'll have an almost even scale. (I'm so quick on the uptake. You can just tell, can't you?)

So, I'll post my profile, and we can start. :D

Spoiler! :
CHARACTER PROFILE:

Name: Ethan Marks

Appearance: Sandy hair that sticks up in the back, brown eyes, gangly, thin, freckles.

Occupation out in the real world: works at a McDonalds while finishing college. He’s won a scholarship to a middle-class college. He hopes to be a doctor.

TALENTS:
Running? Y/N Meh.
Strength? Y/N Nope.
Agility? Y/N Meh.
Creativity? Y/N Kinda sorta.

Other Characteristics: Very stern and serious. Sometimes makes very teacher-y jokes, aka, jokes that are not funny in the slightest. He tries to be social, but he sometimes looses track of the conversation.

History: Ethan comes from a middle-low class family. In high school, he won a scholarship to a decent college. He enjoys his work, and, apart from being teased, has no more problems than an average person.

Up for love? Sure thing.

Other: His favorite stethoscope is orange, he likes treating kids best, and has never had a girl friend. (Sad, I know.) ;)

Ethan Marks

Ethan, sighing, flipped the microphone on.

“Welcome to McDonalds, what would you like?” he asked, trying his best to sound upbeat.

“Gimmie a whopper meal, a chocolate milk shake and a large fry,” said a voice on the other end of the speaker.

“One Whopper meal, a chocolate shake and a large fry,” Ethan repeated, scribbling it down. “Will that be all?” he asked, but the driver had already moved on. Ethan passed the note on to the food window, and sat back in his chair. He wished he could be home studying now, but working at the fast food restaurant was the only way to put food on the table. Needless to say, he was living off of peanut butter sandwiches, frozen waffles and soup.

All the same, hearing people order shocking amounts of artery-clogging food made him gag, being a doctor-in-training. To Ethan, a whopper, a shake, and French fries was almost as bad as putting mounds of butter on a pop-tart.

He shook his head. He couldn’t wait until graduation.

So, remember. First, a day in the life of your character. Then, we move on. ;)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

42 Reviews

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:25 pm
Kaywiia says...

Rosëanna DeMarzo

"Stay still." I ordered Rob. I had to do the vampire's make-up to make him look all pale. This was the dumbest movie job I had done yet. This guy was a jerk.

"I will be still when I want to be." He said coolly.

"Or I could quit." I threatened. Anyone else they would have fired me if I made that threat, but as far as make-up artist went, I was a jewel. There was no equal to me in the make-up world. I had started working with minor characters when I was 13. By 17 I was working with the FBI on the disguise team, and now I was back in the movie buisness unless the FBI really needed me again.

"Hey, keep that damn brush away from my eyes." Rob said.

"Fine," I grumled, not in the mood to fight with him today. I finally finish.

"Anna!" I call my intern, "Where is my cofee?"

"Here!" She squeaks, handing me a warm cup. I take a grateful sip.

"It's perfect." I comment.

"Good," she says, "Hows Rob?" She is your typical twilight-Rob-obsessed-line-up-at-the-door-at-six-in-the-morning-just-to-get-a-sticking-DVD type girl. She made me sick sometimes.

"Same old looser he allways is." I say. She frowns. Thats just too bad for her.

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took