z

Young Writers Society

Ashes to Ashes

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Alec

Alec was acutely aware of Cassie's presence next to him, and he tried his best to ignore it, instead focusing on the task at hand. It was up to him to lead the rest of the group to safety, no matter how temporary it was. It wouldn't do for him to get them lost.

As if he could ever forget how to get where he was going.

Alec didn't know why he had decided to go back to the place where his family had died. At the time it had seemed like the right thing to do. Now, though, he felt foolish, like there should have been something else to do, only he was too dumb to see it.

No going back now.

The group passed over a murky stream, some hopping over, others, like Alec, able to simply step across. The area was familiar to him, and he was both disturbed and comforted by the thought. On one hand, at least he knew where he was going. On the other...he was actually going there.

Alec quickly judged how long it would take them to get to the house. After a little thought, he settled with two, maybe three hours. Not that long, considering the luggage they were carrying: one scared, little girl and a wounded teenager.

Over the next few minutes, Alec let his thoughts wander to more mundane things. The heat of Cassie's arm bumping softly against his; the smell of her hair, stirred by the wind she created.

Mundane, yes. But no less important.

*sorry this took so long for me to get to guys...I've been real busy. Hopefully we won't let this die, huh?*
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 pm
MagnusBane says...

Cassie

They had only been walking for an hour when it started to pour. Within minutes, they were drenched. The ground started to turn into a muddy mess.

"Maybe we should find shelter somewhere," Natalie suggested, looking nervously at Kelsey. "Wait out the storm."

Alec hesitated. Cassie could tell that he was torn between getting out of the rain and getting to his old house as soon as possible.

She put a hand on his arm and said softly, "Just until the rain lets up. We can still make it there by tomorrow."

"Um..." he stammered, glancing down at her hand. She let fall to her side. "Um, okay. Sounds like a plan."

They pressed on through the trees, cold and miserable, dripping water. Cassie kept her eyes open for anywhere they could get out of the rain.

"Hey," Kyle said suddenly. He pointed to their right. "What about waiting in there?"
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:08 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

C'mon people, let's revive this thing. Please? :(

Natalie

Natalie turned to look at where Kyle was pointing and smiled. It was a cave in the side of a small cliff.

Kelsey, however, looked at it and began to tremble. "What if there's more bugs?" she whispered fearfully.

Amp looked at her and sighed. "It's okay Kelsey; if there are we won't let them hurt you."

Natalie gave him a slight glare, but she looked away and nodded. "Someone should stay out here with Kelsey, and the rest of us can search the cave."
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester