z

Young Writers Society

The JTC

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:44 am
Lydia1995 says...

Rory

I glanced up at the mention of my name and I saw Ashley gripping the table with both hands. I knew what that meant, Foster was near. I forced myself to keep a hold on my powers, I couldn't let him detect that I could control people again. I kept my head low and I noticed that Ashley did the same.

*sorry for the short post but I have to dash*
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm
ToritheMonster says...

'S okay... so, everybody is following a different plot... post in the DT what your ideas are so we can figure something out.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

351 Reviews

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:24 am
ToritheMonster says...

Lydia, Texan: check out the DT, pm each other, and then post, please. In the meantime, Scarlett, you know what to do.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:20 pm
ScarlettFire says...

That I do, Dreamy. That I do. Alright, here goes nothing.

Ashley:

I had spent the rest of lunch forcing myself not to notice Foster doing the rounds. I scowled at him and stood up abruptly. Foster looked towards me.

I swore under my breath and turned towards the exit, trying to blend in with the rest of the kids fleeing the room.

Suddenly Foster was in front of me. I winced and backed away. He noticed and grinned.

"Hello Ashley," he said and stepped forward to put a hand on my shoulder. "Let's talk over here, hmm?"

"I don't want to talk," I muttered as we walked. Foster picked up the pace. "I want to know why you killed my sister and then lied to me!" I shouted and broke away from him.

I put some space between us and glared at him. Foster stared back, his eyes narrowed.

"Who told you that?" he asked.

I clenched my my hands into fists and didn't answer.

"Tsk, tsk, Ashley," he said and smirked at me. "You still have a lot to learn and I think, you will learn it."

I frowned, forgetting about my hatred towards him for a moment.

"What on earth do you mean?" I asked.

Then something else distracted me... I could feel the emotions gathering, and Foster's presence was upsetting me as well. I tried to focus on controlling my empathy, but it wasn't working... Damn it. Foster was too close.

"Ms. Gertuse!" Foster yelled. "Get in here with those meds! And bring some muscle!"

I turned to see the brunette girl from before running into the room followed by two guys. Moments later they had grabbed my arms and held me still for Ms. Gertuse. I struggled, of course I did but it was too late. I felt the needle go in and suddenly my vision blurred.

"Let me go," I hissed.

"Put her in Isolation room 2," Foster said and then everything went black.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

351 Reviews

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:15 am
ToritheMonster says...

Please don't abandon this, you guys!

351 Reviews

Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:16 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Lydia! Texan! I need you guys to post! This SB is dying!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 am
ScarlettFire says...

Texan said that she'd be gone all weekend and back on monday, Dreamy. And the SB isn't dead until no one has posted for a week or more.

193 Reviews

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:31 am
Lydia1995 says...

Rory

I watched as Ashley stood up to leave the cafeteria and I saw the whole scene between them. I watched in horror as she was dragged away by nurses, kicking and shoving.

A swell of anger roared up inside me. I wanted to help Ashley but from this distance I was powerless. Inspiration hit me, I did the only thing I could think of and possessed the person nearest to Ashley without the protection drugs. I glanced quickly around the cafeteria and saw my target. I withdrew from myself and exploded through the mind of Jessica taking control of her so fast that I couldn't control what I was doing. Out of her vision I saw Ashley's look of horror as she was dragged away and I saw my sister run to my vacant body searching anxiously for the person I was controlling.

I realised with horror that I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything! I searched desperately for the safety of my own body. Jessica's vision went dead and I cried out but there was no sound. I found a vacant space and I withdrew into it, praying that I was headed for my own body. My vision returned and I felt the familiarity of my own body. I stared across at Jessica horrified at what I had just done, she was lying slumped across the table blood seeping from her ears from the explosion I had caused when I entered her mind.

"No...no...." I muttered rocking backwards and forwards. The people sitting around her were screaming, my sister was staring at Jessica horrified like I was and Ashley was still being dragged away.

*I hope this is ok. I thought seeings as she was away I should just post and kill Jess now so that we can advance the SB. I hope the death was good enough*
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.

351 Reviews

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:14 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Yeah, that's fine, Lydia. Sorry for kinda freaking out... whenever one of my SBs go to the second page, I flip.

351 Reviews

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 am
ToritheMonster says...

Susan

I watched as a worker came in and took all of Jessica's stuff. Then another came and stripped the bed and remade it with fresh sheets. I stopped that one as she started to leave. "Er.. excuse me? What happened?" I asked. The worker turned and looked at me sadly. "I'm so sorry, honey. One of the patients had an...outburst of sorts, and your little friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time." She patted me on the shoulder and left. Part of her lab coat touched my neck, and I immediately became shiny white polyester-skinned. Jessica was... dead, then? She hadn't been my friend- if anything she had disliked me- but I still felt bad. I had hardly gotten to know her. My thoughts changed as I examined my skin more closely. I was sick of this metamorphing thing already. I concentrated, and my skin returned to normal. I seethed with anger and contempt for whoever had killed Jess. I glared at the metal headboard of her bed- and it twisted into a ball. I blinked. I went over to it, and concentrated on it closely. A cube. A cube. I thought over and over. Suddenly, it twisted into a cube. I smiled lightly. I touched it, and my skin became metal. I punched the wall, and a chunk of concrete came out. I returned to normal and punched it. I got my knuckles bloodied, but not much else. I grinned. Perhaps this wouldn't be all bad... I looked at the metal cube I had created. "Tear." I whispered. It tore in half. I was pondering what else I could do when I heard a moan from the hallway. A boy, looking very upset, being dragged somewhere by several workers. I had had enough. Everyone here was treated like scum. With out giving a though to who the boy might be, I bent the metal walls of the hallway to block the workers off.I touched the metal and morphed into it. Several worker pulled out syringes, but they had no effect on my metal skin. I punched them aside and tore through the wall with my mind. "Go!" I yelled to the boy. He looked confused, but obliged, I followed him, closing the wall behind me. As my skin changed back to normal, I breathed in the first breath of fresh air that I had taken in a very long time.

193 Reviews

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm
Lydia1995 says...

Don't worry about it, I am dissapointed when my SB's start to go onto the second page :D

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:25 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Ashley:

I groaned and rolled over, opening my eyes slowly. I was back in one of those stupid padded isolation rooms. I sat up abruptly. My vision swam and my head started pounding. What the hell? I covered my ears and looked around.

What had happened? I thought, eyeing the door. My memory was blank for a moment and then the memories came flooding back. Oh crap. Foster had screwed with my powers wile I was out of it.

I looked up as someone walked past the doors. That was when the emotions started flooding in. Oh crap, oh carp, oh crap.

"No, no, no, no, no!"

I felt the pressure building and tried to control it, push it back down where I'd forget about.... I started panicking when I found that I couldn't. Oh hell no. What the hell did Foster give me??

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl