z

Young Writers Society

Danger On Safari

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Lydia1995 says...

This is my first storybook so we will see how this goes.

Plot:

You go to a real safari in South America, complete with all the major Safari animals, snakes and poachers. You are there for a week’s Safari across the 100 acre land. You have signed a disclaimer and you set off on tour with your guide. The tour goes very well to begin with however when the truck breaks down and the radio goes dead, you are in trouble.

You have no way to get back to the control building, your supplies are running out and your guide, is killed by a snake bite. You have to survive and this creates problems within the group.

How will you get back?

What will happen when your supplies run out?

Numbers Needed:

You decide the answers to this. I will need about 12-15 people to do this. Anyone can write as the male guide within their own characters post.

Rules:

No God- Modding
Rated 12+ so minimal swearing
Romance is encouraged but no detailed sex scenes.
Don’t kill anyone else’s character without first consulting them.
Please post regularly (twice a week ish)
All other YWS rules.

Character Profile:

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

Survival Skill:

Other:

Ok, post here if you are interested, we will start when we have at least 10 people and then we can allow more people to join after then. I will post my character profile later.
Last edited by Lydia1995 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:17 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Markella D'Nara, (nickname: Mark)

Personality: A very sweet, but strong girl. She is very durable and loyal to her friends, a great fighter but hates arguments.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Survival Skill: She allways carried a twenty tool pocket knife around with her.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 pm
lizzifer says...

Name: Vera Maxwell

Personality: Talkative and overly interested in things she shouldn't be. She is smiley and informative bursting with small factoids about wildlife and people often scaring people with her hyperactivity. She is, in general, a peppy nerd girl. She however does not look like a nerd so she only gets a bit perturbed when someone questions her intelligence.

Appearance: Vera comes from a family of models (ironic right?), so she by default inherited long legs and a pretty face. She has dark brown hair and porcelen skin dotted with light freckles. What gets people the most are her flashing green eyes

Survival Skill: She knows mainly about plants, animals and knows quite a few native languages.
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

193 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 am
Lydia1995 says...

Name: Jessica (Jess) Short

Personality: She loves nature and anything about it however she has only been studying for a couple of years so she dosn't know very much out of the safety of her college. She is positive about everything and trys to keep the peace when things start to go wrong.

Appearance: She has shoulder length brown hair that is wavy. She ties it back most of the time. She is quite thin and agile, she is also tall.

Survival Skill: She knows how to treat hypothermia (when people get too hot)

Other: Up for Love
Last edited by Lydia1995 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm
Mo. says...

Name: Alec Blueshield

Personality: Bubbly, and outgoing, but a little bit of a nerd. Very intelligent, and very interested in travelling. Not much of a sports person, but can run pretty fast if he needs to.

Appearance: Charmingly handsome, but isn't really aware of it. He always had a geeky look to him in high school, but has grown into himself and is very cute.

Survival Skill: Great with a pocket knife, and always keeps one on him, anywhere he goes. He's also very resourceful, and light on his feet.

Other: Up for love, and friendship.
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:42 pm
BenFranks says...

Name: Steve Dawn

Personality: Very sarcastic humour wise, but he's a laugh to have around. The "joker" of the group but in a glum sort of way. He cheers people up, despite being slightly earnest himself.

Appearance: http://www.sidrichonline.com/images/steve_lions_EDITED.jpg

Survival Skill: Good around hungry animals, studying African Animal Psychology at Cambridge the previous year. Good in situations involving lions, big cats and angry vegetarians, like hippos.

Other: Kind'a up for love.

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 am
BeckaaBeatdown says...

Name: Rebbecca-Anne Jones

Personality: Very quiet, sweet and shy. Intelligent but doesn't show it. Can be bubbly and playful when she gets to know people.

Appearance: Image

Survival Skill: Rebbecca's mum was a pagan and when she died she left Rebbecca her Athame so she carrys it round with her all the time. http://www.willowgrovemagick.com/Produc ... on.jpg.jpg

Other: Up for love
RebbeccaVonZzombiie

You think I was a zombie, By the way I give you brain!

One Night Of The Hunter, One Day I Will Get Revenge, One Night To Remember, One Day It'll All Just Fade..

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:28 am
LittlePetRock says...

Name: Beth Massen

Personality: Very organic, loves green and organic things. Went on this trip alone to find herself. Shy at first, but once you get to know her she is very sociable and slightly cocky and sarcastic.

Appearance: This minus the lip ring: http://gothicjade.deviantart.com/art/Or ... -141300114

Survival Skill: She uses logic and wit to solve everything.

Other: Up for love... I guess.
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

193 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 am
Lydia1995 says...

I will start this either tommorow or Friday, I'll leave it a while to see if we can get anymore people.

193 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:26 pm
Lydia1995 says...

As promised I will start this, but members can still join.

Jess,

I walked up to the control building of the Safari. Behind me was a group of other people who had arrived on the bus. I pushed open the door and walked into the air conditioned reception area.

"Hello," the receptionist beckoned our group over. "Please make a line and I will register your details and get you to fill out all the forms." As I was at the head of the group I stepped forward. I told the receptionist all the information she asked for and signed a disclaimer.

"Thanks" I said as she motioned for me to sit in the waiting area. I was in Mr. Poulsons tour group, apparently all the other people from the bus would be in that group too.

"Hi." A girl from the bus walked over to me and held out her hand. "I'm Beth." I took her hand and shook it.

"Jess, nice to meet you." I smiled.

42 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 pm
Kaywiia says...

Mark D'Nara

I sign the form warily, and read them through carefully. I had to make sure I wasn't signing my life away. Content with what I read, I signed my name on the bottom. I had allways used the name Mark, because Markella sounded like a deseaise in my opinion.

I fingered the knife in my pocket, to make sure it was still there. It was. I wasn't going to let it out of my sight for a second. After finishing signing the papers, I handed them to the ugly looking woman at the receoption desk. I go and sit beside a boy who looked pretty nice, and cute.

"Hi, I am Mark." I say, offering my hand. He shakes it.

"Oh, hey, I am Alec." He says. He was holding a pocket knife.

"I have one just like that." I say, pointing towards the knife. I pull mine out, the only difference is mine is pink, his is red.

"Thats awesome!" He says, "How many tools?"

"Twenty."

"Same here."

"So, why are you on this trip?"

411 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:49 pm
BenFranks says...

Steve Dawn

I jogged upto the stand where a surprisingly ugly woman introduced me to some forms, so I obliged to fill them in. But she wasn't going to get away without a chat! Not on my watch!

"So, my dear lady, how long have you been working under the beautiful sun?" I ask, sarcasm penetrating every vein of thought.

"About 5 years," she remarked.

"Ah, 5 years too long, eh?" I laughed and winked.

"In a way," she said anxiously, "Are you going to sign it, Sir?"

"In a minute," I replied, "So, what's your name? Lovely girl like you must have a sweet ol'name, no?"

"Haha, it's Susan," She giggled.

"Susan, eh? That's not a name I expected to hear out in these parts," I said.

"Ah, you'll be surprised what you find here!" She laughed. And I noticed I was holding up the queue.

"Is it like that then? Bit like New York, except a little more sandy?" I asked.

"I guess it must be," she said.

I signed the form. "I'll be seeing you later, Susan." I winked and she giggled once more.

I jogged joyously over to where two young people were sat (Alec and Mark) and introduced myself.

"Boo!" I said. "Wonderful day for building a sandcastle don't you think?" I laughed hysterically, "Truly sorry, I'm Steve, and you are?"

My hand was outstretched in greeting.

42 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 pm
Kaywiia says...

Mark

Steve streched out his hand.

"I am Mark." I said. Alec introduced himself as well.

"So why are you on this safari?" I ask Alec. Steve sits down beside me.

"Um, for fun, and to learn stuff." He says. I alugh a little.

"My parents came up with some crap about fresh air and adventure and all that stuff." I say.

"I came for the fun of it." Steve says.

"I just hope we don't see any hyenas, those things scare me." I say.

"Don't worry, I will protect you." Steve joked.

"Not if I kill them first." Alec comments.

193 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:15 am
Lydia1995 says...

Jess,

Me and the girl called Beth walked over to the other three that had signed the forms.

"Hi," I said "I'm Jess and this is Beth," I said indicating her. One of the guys jumped up and held out his hand.

"I'm Steve!" He said shaking each of our hands in turn. "PLeasure to meet you." I smiled at him and sat down on one of the free seats next to another girl from the bus.

"Hi" She said turning away from Steve who had started a conversation with a guy called Alec. I had caught his name from what Steve had said. "I'm Mark." I did a double take, unsure if I had heard correctly, I didn't want to be rude.

"Umm, I'm Jess." I said hoping someone would come to the rescue and call this girl by her name. She suddenly laughed at me.

"You don't think you heard my name right do you?" I nodded sheepishly. "Don't worry I get that a lot. It's Mark short for Markella" I nodded.

"I can see why you would want to shorten that." I laughed along with her.

411 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:54 am
BenFranks says...

Steve Dawn

This could be a fun trip. The four people here looked like a pretty fancy bunch, and fancy bunches meant an exciting ol'time. I smiled like a primary school child.

"So, so," I began, "Anyone 'ere for the bears?"

"Bears? In the Safari?" asked Jess.

I laughed and from my pocket produced some jelly baby bears. "Would you like one? The red ones are specially nice."

"Thanks," she said, taking one with a smile.

"Anyone else?" I asked.

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria