z

Young Writers Society

Hero

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 am
jok101 says...

So this is a idea for a Book but I thought I'd try an adapt to a storybook. Here's a timeline so you understand the idea better.

2011: The first super hero emerges, stopping a heist in London, Britain. He is calls himself Star. In the following months many more Heroes emerge. Quickly followed by villains. The hero phenomenon spreads all over the world. Only a few nations remaining untouched.

2020: The world sinks into poverty as the constant clashes between heroes and villains create devastation. Worldwide repair cost are estimated at over 300 Trillion. Still heroes keep Public support.

2045: The world has ground to a stop technological advance almost impossible because of the dept. 90% of the earths population live in poverty. A total blackout at 10 o'clock has been issued in most areas. A new batch of powered has emerged. Sadly most turn to villainy . Out of the 500'000 powered only twenty thousand are heroes.

2046: All heroes now have to reveal their identity to continue their activity's. Most do and get sponsorships from companies. Some do not thinking that making money from being a hero is wrong.

2050(present day): One of the most dangerous Villains has escaped maximum security. The only hero to ever defeat him is in prison for the murder of innocence's. The villain is staring to gain allies in the villain world and the once unorganised villains are banding together. Theirs never been a worse time to be a hero...

So that's the story you can either be a current hero or someone who has just discovered their powers. Powers normally emerge at 14, 15 or 16 years of age, later than that is rare.

Rules: All Yws rules apply.

lets not clog this forum with any chat but a bit is alright if its with a bit of writing.

Template:

Hero Name:(this doesn't have to reflect your power, just sound cool)

Identity: (This probably won't be used much If your a hero who hasn't revealed their identity)

Power: (only one or two, please no two super powerful powers only one with a weaker ability like limited regeneration which almost all heroes have)

Costume: (doesn't have to be spandex or anything most heroes just wear cool clothes with something to cover their face)

History: (if your a new hero just your life story but if your going to be a veteran hero you can go into detail about your adventures or whatever you'd call them)

Arch enemy:(veteran heroes only)

up for love:

other:

Thats it any questions ask on this forum, if this starts off I'll make a DT.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:13 am
LovelessSummer says...

Psh, i'll join.

Name: Skygrazer
Identity: Kaily Juner, a college student. Works at the Hot Topic in the mall.
Power: Can manipulate her body into anything that she touches. (If she has contact with metal her body becomes metal. Get it?) She also has the power of flight, but doesn't every superhero?
Coustume: Knee-high red boots and a short, black, layered skirt. Her shirt is cut off at the bellybutton and is grey with a small star over the left beast. She wears a scarf to cover her nose and mouth and thick eyeliner to disguise her eyes. Her hair, long and black, is pulled into two pigtails.
History: She discovered her powers at 15, now 22-and a half- Kaily has expreience with saving the world and such. She's done it all: monsters, villians, robbers, murderes. You name 'em, she bagged 'em.
Arch enemy: *Will there be villans in this? As in another member can be a villian? If so I want someone to be my enemy. If not then:* His name is Hell. She's been chasing him ever since she was 16. He has the power to conjur fire and of speed. Likes sneak attacks and buring things. Very sneaky and cunning.
Love?: Yes, why not?
Other: Very sarcastic and cocky when she's in Skygrazer mode. Likes to taunt her enimies and play around with them before she bags them. When she's just plain Kaily she's still a bit sarcastic, just more laid back. No one knows of her true identity.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:17 pm
Kaywiia says...

Hero Name: RedDawn (goes by Reddy)

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Identity: (Not going to be used much) Renna Jackson, former model.

Power: Strong Power: Shape Shifting

Weak Power: Can disrupt chain of thought, a chain reaction, the use of power, etc

Costume:
Spoiler! :

History: She was born to two parents who saw nothing but her beauty and put her straiat into modeling by the time she was three. Has won over fifty modeling competiotion and is 15 but weighs only 100 pounds. she hates her parents because of this and will never go back to being normal, even if all the villans are defeated.

up for love: YES YES YES

other: can be very weak because of her low weight.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:37 pm
jok101 says...

Answer to some questions:
Not all heroes can fly but almost all find a way to use their current ability to make them fly. e.g a telekinesis would use their ability to pick themselves up and fly.

Are their going to be any members playing villains, maybe, if someone posts a really good villain post that isn't just like he cold hearted, he kills everyone, weird past, he's cold hearted then no I won't. If their good though I will let them be villains.

Here's some key powered people in the era that the storybooks set:

Electroid: One of the most powerful Villains Ever he can control and make electricity, he can also see into the future. Since he has escaped from prison he has been gathering villains together with his new partner, Dark, who also has the power to control Electricity and see the future, he and Electroid have the same power, exactly.

Star: Only about 45 with a body of a thirty year old, thanks to his healing powers, He's one of the most infuencle heroes of the time with ties in the politics. he was the first hero to reveal his identity and has become a millionaire from the sponsorship money.

Falcon: Young and now without a guide this heroes power's are what set him above the rest, he's the first and only Empath, with so many powers he doesn't know he has some of them. With his Partner and boss Eagle now in prison for killing one hundred innocents, he's drifting through the world of heroes and sinking further over to the side on villainy.

I'll post my profile soon.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 pm
AliceRose says...

Hero Name: Nyx

Identity: Artemesia Morroni

Power: She controls illusions and shadows. She is in her element at night.

Costume: http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Womens-Costumes-Goddess-Costume/dp/B002BUZ1SS/ref=pd_sbs_a_5 But it's black and she doesn't wear the headband.

History: She is a year into her duties as a hero. She can to America from Greece when she was three. Her mother is Egyptian, her father Greek. She came into her powers at age thirteen and has mastered them. At twenty, she has saved countless people and prides herself on never letting someone die on her watch.

Arch enemy: doesn't really have one yet. anyone want to give her one?

up for love: yes

other: never wears shoes. here's her mask: http://www.amasquerade.com/images/products/masks/grifone_gold.jpg
We're all a bit mad...

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix