z

Young Writers Society

Waif Weapon: the Edge Wars

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 am
Apple says...

Abel~

I stared out at the woods, the large trees came up into the sky. Fog wrapped around the tree tops a mist forming above the ship.
Stic stared out at the trees and muttered something under his breath. I frowned with concentration, staring down at the map in front of me I grabbed at the compass.

"181 degree true for 1500 meters and we will be just above a clearing" I shouted across the bussing of the machine.

"Jayks!" Stic said loudly "Did you hear that?"

"Loud and clear" Jayks muttered scratching at his hair.
I spy!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am
Tazakk says...

Lag

"Clearing? should we stop there, captain?" I shouted over the growing wind.

Stic thought a moment. "Yes, It'd be best to wait out this storm.

The ship teetered dangerously in the wind, but regained control.

"1000 meters to the clearing," Abel shouted.

"This'll be a tough landing," Jakys mentioned. He was true.

"500 meters," Abel continued.

I got to a place close to all the crew members. You can never be to safe.

Suddenly, we were there. The small clearing was before us... and in it was another ship.
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 am
Apple says...

Abel~

I gasped at the large ship under us. The deep red paint covering half of the long ship sparkled in the sparkling sun light.

"What is this" Stic hissed.

I turned my head to stare at Lag, he pressed his nose to the glass staring out in fascination at the paint.

"What do we do now boss?" I asked my breath heavy. We had been flying for days to reach Deepwoods. This was the only way we were going to get wood for flight.

"See this is why I never liked these stupid Deepwoods!" Stic mummbled flicking a lever annoyed.
I spy!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:18 am
RedBird says...

Stic,

"Leagues," I mutter. I can hear their thoughts even from the distance of 500 meters.

Jakys is peering through his spyglass at the other ship, "Yep. They are."

Lag groans, "Just what we need. A fight."

"Who said anything about fighting?" I ask, irritably, "We're going to avoid them, and skirt the Night Woods,"

After saying that, I know that it's going to be harder than I said. And that's when I feel the phraxship getting blown out of my control.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:51 am
Billy says...

Jakys

I licked my lips. Leaguesmen. Not my father, that much was obvious from the ship, but they'd be people who knew of him, and of his son. And if they found out about me, that would likely be the end of my brief foray into piracy. And likely the end of everyone else on the Foglifter.

"Who said anything about fighting?" Stic muttered, sounding a little more snappy than usual. "We're going to avoid them, and skirt the Night Woods."

I breathed a silent sigh of relief, continuing to watch the unmoving phraxship in the middle of the clearing. It looked like things would stay safe for the time being. Though, I though with a sly smile, A few little acts of derring-do, swinging across to the Leaguesman ship to sabotage their engines or some such things. That would be good fun.

The Foglifter shuddered a little as gale force winds began to batter at her, and I shot a concerned look to the captain. "Boss?"

"I'm coping just fine." He growled.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm
Tazakk says...

Vactav

A crewman reported to me a Sky Pirate ship was flailing above us, uncontrolled. What a perfect opportunity.

"Set sail," I commanded the crewman. "Challenge the ship and take their goods- they were probably ours in the first place, anyway."

As we rose, the other ship fought for control. But it wasn't going anywhere.
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet