z

Young Writers Society

Brought to Life

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 am
Jas says...

Gaia

I walked in to music and immediatly slumped to the back. I was so bored. I did all this stuff a while ago. I went to the piano and started to play Vanessa Carlton's White Houses. I let myself be engulfed in the music then I heard a male voice,

"What are you playing?"

**I left this open for one of the guys, we need some romance!**
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm
LovelessSummer says...

*Haru*

I strummed absently on the gutair and listened partically to Misa's singing. Who would have guessed I'd find her here? So now they were taking in J-pop stars? Interesting. Two other girls walked out of the classroom earlier. I just shrugged, maybe they were as bored as I was.
The noise of a piano pulled me out of my trance, and though the music stopped Misa wouldn't stop singing. Standing up I walked over to the piano and the girl behind it.
" What are you playing?" She snapped her head up at me and stared with wide eyes. I cursed under my breath. More staring, perfect. As if I didn't already feel out of place.
" W-white houses," she stammered. I nodded and sat on the edge of the piano, fiddling with my choker," I-i'm Gaia. Pleased to meet you." I glanced over at her and extended my hand.
" Haru." She took it cautiosly, her skin was cold. I raised an eyebrow at her as she starred yet again. It was the hair, it had to be. " Yes, this is the natural color of my hair. Black at the back, white at the top. Strange? I know, can you just stop giving me that 'what the hell' look?" She blinked a few times then laughed nervosly.
" That can not be your real hair!" I stood up and walked over so I was standing directly next to hair.
" I can prove it," I winked at her and retreated when the bell rang, signaling dinner.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:52 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Zuko>>>

The bell rang and I slowly made my way out of the classroom, going the same pace as the crowd. Once I got into the cafeteria, I looked for a place to sit. I didn't want to sit by anyone too obnoxious. I'd rather be by myself, maybe I could just-

"Zuko!" Someone called, breaking me out of my thoughts.
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Kaywiia says...

Luna

"Zuko, guess what. They say that two people are being let out tomorow." I say to him.

"Who?" He asks.

"They arn't saying, yet. But I hope its me."

"And me..." He commented. I shoved the paper in his hands with the information. he incinerated it.

"Thanks for burning the only thing that would keep me sane."

"Your welcome."

"I was being sarcastic." i said.

"Oh..." We didn't speak again for a while.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

143 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:02 pm
LovelessSummer says...

*Misa*

I walked into the cafe and covered my nose as I passed the "roast beef" and grabbbed a box of apple juice.
Luna and Zuko were sitting around looking awkward. Laughing I went over and plopped beside them.
"Hey guys," I shrilled," what's up?" They looked at me then back at the walls they were staring at. " Oh, okay," I mumbled," that's nice." There was a painfully long awkward silence.
" Oh my microphone! Will you guys please stop being so...so...boring?" Luna smiled at me wearily but then grimaced at Zuko.
" I could show you this paper stating how they were going to let two people out tomorrow, but Zuko killed it." She stuck her tounge out at Zuko and he just gave her a blank look. I chewed my lip nervosly.
" Well that's amazing," I yelled," who'd think leaving?"
" Hopefully Teacup," Zuko scoffed. I punched him in the shoulder.
" She's not all bad Mr.Fireman," he gave me a what-the-hell look but I just laughed.
" I want to leave, I miss Hogwarts!" Luna burst into tears and I awkwardly patted her back.
" There there, Luna. It'll, uh, be okay." I hope she leaves too, she's the nicest of us all. I glanced towards Zuko who was just inspecting a weird blob of something on his plate.
" You going to help comfort her," I hissed.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:41 pm
Howler says...

Buttercup

Me? Being let out? No way in hell. I would've thought Luna to be let out, since she didn't really do anything disruptive. I was getting out, but they sure as hell weren't going to let me.

I finished the awful dinner quickly. With the people crying and the idiots trying to think up who'd be getting set out, I just couldn't stand it, I wanted to get out now, and I couldn't wait until bed to sneak into the lab. I had to get the gloves and socks and glasses off now.

I got up from my seat and started heading off to the lab. The halls were all empty. They sent most of the guards off to the cafeteria during meals.

I got to the lab door, but there was noise behind it. Some sort of...power drill. Something was going on. I opened the door slightly, and snuck behind some stuff. Two people were in the room; one of them was sitting on the table, and the other was using the power tools on the sitter.

Wait a second; he was using a drill on someone? What the fuck?

I peeked my head out again, and took a look at who the people were. The guy with the drill in hand was some lab worker. I really don't know his name, but he wasn't important.

Then, I looked at who was on the table; my teacher, Jenny, but something was different. She looked like her flesh was scratched off on her face, revealing some sort of white metal, and her hair was the same, except it was blue. What the hell was going on?

The lab guy put the drill down and said something to Jenny and walked out. I stayed hidden from him, and for some reason, I popped out of my hiding space.

"What the hell is going on?", I asked Jenny. She looked scared to death from me. She got over the scaredness and started seeming a little nervous.

"What, did I studder? What's. Going. On?", I asked her again.

"Well...uh..."

"I just saw some doctor stab a drill into you, do you really think there's an excuse you can give that I'll just let go?"

She seemed to accept that.

"Alright, well, the truth is, I'm a robot"

"Well, that's a surprise"

"Well, that's not the half of it. You see, I was kinda like you; I was living my life, and at some point, I just showed up here. I wanted to get out of here, but they got rid of all my weapons, and grounded me here"

"Cool! You have weapons?", I asked. Maybe that wasn't the best moment to say that. She rolled her eyes at me and continued.

"I was forced to be...well, some other inmate here. They tried to make me change, become human. They painted me to be human, but the paint drains into my circuits and melts off. So, they paint me and fix me up once a night. And over time, they thought it would help if I became a teacher, and got a bit more connected with everyone. So, they smelted me to look a little older, and I started working with the youngest kids here."

"So...how long have you been here?"

"About...I don't know, maybe 5 years or so?"

"And how old are you?"

"Well, I was built as a 16 year old, changed to look a little over 20...I'm 6 years old, if I could recall"

"Creepy"

"Yeah"

"Anything else I can know?", I asked. Jenny had no reason to tell me anything, so I really wanted to see what else she would tell me.

"Well, I suppose that I should let you know that I'm leaving tomorrow"

I shut up for a second. Well, she was here for six years, and I couldn't tell she was anything more than a teacher. It worked; they seriously turned her into a living being. This place turned a weapon weilding robot into nothing different than anyone else. So I couldn't help but think.

Why couldn't I? If she could accept it and change, why the hell couldn't I?

"Buttercup, why are you here, anyways?", she asked.

"Can I get these things off?"

"Look, if you can look me in my eyes and promise me you won't shoot your way out of here, I'll take them off"

"I promise", I said. And I meant it.

She grabbed some tools and I had everything off. It felt so much lighter not to have them stuck on me.

"Well, I'm still a little hungry. Seeya, Ms. Jenny"

"It's just Jenny"

"Seeya, Jenny"

I ran off back to the cafeteria. I grabbed a second helping of the food and sat back down at the table I was sitting at before; the same table as Luna and Zuko. Maybe it was a good idea to start changing. Jenny didn't regret it, and in six years time, I don't think I will. I was reluctant to, but I turned to Zuko.

"S...or...ry for sucker-shooting you in the gym fight", I said to him, having trouble with that first word, as I always did.

Before I leave, I should mention that Jenny is really XJ9 from a nickelodeon cartoon called "My Life as a Teenage Robot", and also, I'm amazed I just wrote this long of a SB post.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

24 Reviews

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Zuko>>>

I looked up at Buttercup, surprised. "Sorry?" I asked, confused. She was apologizing to me? Buttercup? Yea, maybe after Azula would put on a tutu and make cupcakes.

"Yes. That's what I said," she huffed, crossing her arms.

I looked at her for a moment, taking in her glaring green eyes and pink cheeks. "Ok," I said, going back to burning the edges of my glob of "meat."

~Papa Doorbell

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:47 pm
Elinor says...

Selina

I looked up from my book. Zuko and Buttercup were fighting again. I sigh, moving over towards them.

"When are you going to learn some manners, little girl?" I snap at her.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:52 pm
Howler says...

Buttercup

"Hey, I was just apologizing", I told Selina, "That was the nicest thing I've done here. Why do you have to cut into other peoples business? So what if I'm a little rude most of the time. Why does that allow you to be rude to me?"

Wow, that's really all I can come up with. After the largest SB post I've ever written, one line of dialogue is all I can come up with. Alright, well, seeya folks later!
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

143 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:39 pm
LovelessSummer says...

*Misa*

I stopped comforting Luna and rolled my eyes as Selina.
" They wernt fighting," I hissed," they were actually making up. Buzz off, you're starting confusion." She growled, actually growled, at me and walked away. Rolling my eyes I faced everyone else's bewildered expressions.
" Blondie has spunk," Buttercup scoffed. I stuck my tounge out at her.
" And Teacup has a soft side."
" I was just apologizing," she yelled, a flood of red rushed into her cheeks.
" Calm down." I laughed," just teasing with ya." A foul smoky scent seeped into my nose. I jerked back and waved my hand in front of my face," Zuko, please," I coughed out," stop burning the mystery meat! It's smelling worse than before." He glanced at me then back at the meat and extinguished the flames.
" Yeah, yeah. Sure," he mumbled. The ball rang, a harsh sound that vibrated off the walls and made me jump a bit. Luna shot out the room, and I gave her a strange look.
" Well, goodnight guys," I called while rising and slinging my bag over my shoulder," See 'ya all tomorrow!" I waved back at Zuko, missing Buttercup because she flew away. Finially lost that gear I see, hope she dosnt cause trouble.
I walked towards the door, and glanced over my shoulder. Zuko was still sitting there, tourturing his dinner. I sighed and walked back towards him.
" What's eating 'ya," I asked while slipping into the seat next to him," You've been Mr.Grumpyface all day."

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:19 am

Zuko>>>

"You've been Mr.Grumpyface all day," Misa commented, sitting back down next to me. I scowled at her. It wasn't my fault my face was scarred!

"Misa," I growled. "I'd appreciate it if you would keep my face out of it."

Her cheeks turned slightly pink. "Oh no, I didn't mean it like...that. I just, you've been in a bad mood all day. now, what's up?"

I looked at her. There was a slight curiosity in her eyes, but she wasn't just prying. I sighed, and decided to tell her. But not here. "C'mon," I muttered, grabbing her hand and dragging her down a few hall ways until I found a seluded corner I was satisfied with. "Ok," I started, running a hand through my hair. "I just...I miss my friends. I miss being firelo- I miss my home, I mean. And, I just. I don't know. I'm tired of being stuck in here. I need to be firebending! I need to be out, taking care of the firena- of people. An-and I just-just ARGH!" I yelled, punching the wall. It left a fairly large dent, but I ignored it.

"Here's the deal," I said, turning to her. "I'm a sort of king. Ok? Yea. I'm firelord, king of the Fire Nation. My friend is the avatar, the- king, I guess- of everyone and every nation. And I miss him. And all my other friends. And my girlfriend, ex, I guess, doesn't love me anymore and it KILLS me. Kills me! And it shouldn't! She's a lifeless, emotionless freak anyway! And I still haven't found my mother. I've had at least a year to be looking for her, but instead I was goofing off and now I'm stuck here and I can't do anything! I can't do anything. I can't watch over my nation or my friends and I can't protect everyone by making sure I have alliances with the other nations so there's not another hundred year year, even though the first one wasn't my fault. But it was! It was my father, wasn't it? And my grandfather, who started the war. And he basically killed Avatar Roku! Can you imagine that? Killing an avatar? Crazy, I know! And what about-" My rant was cut off and she slapped me, hard. I looked at her then slowly sank down the wall to the floor.

This place was driving me insane.

~Papa Doorbell

143 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 am
LovelessSummer says...

*Misa*

I watched with wide eyes as Zuko went on and on about his life. I wanted to know, of course I did, but he was getting hysterical. So I did the first thing that came to mind, I slapped him.
It didn't occur to me what I had done until after he sunk to the floor. Holy shit, I just slapped a firelord -whatever that was-. Shaking my head I sat down beside him.
" I'm sorry, Zuko," I mumbled," you were just getting a bit crazy." He buried his face in his hands and shivered slightly.
" Yeah," he muttered," It's just-"
" I know, you miss home. I miss Light and L. My fans, helping Kira, singing, yadada. Ya' know, all that nice homey stuff. You just have to be good, or whatever, until you can get your firebending ass out of here." I nudged his shoulder and laughed a bit," Until then, just be good fire boy. And hopefully we'll both make it out soon." I stood up and brushed imaginary dust off the back of my skirt.
" Yeah, hopefully," he said while standing up with me. Fastening my bag strap I turned towards the girl's dorms.
" Night," I whispered before taking off down the hall.
" Yeah, goodnight."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:43 pm
Kaywiia says...

Luna

I got up the next morning slowly, and prayed with every fiber in my being I was going home. I walked into the cafeteria.

"Only a teacher and some other girl in the other wing are going to the real world." He said, fire blazing out of his palms.

"Calm down." I say, awed at my new, calm self.

"Why should I?" He practically screamed.

"Because, they probably watch us. The most calm go home." I hear a teacher call my name. I turn around.

"Miss Lovegood, you are going into society as well. Go pack your things." She says. I feel the heat start to radiate off Zuko.

"No." I say calmly.

"Why not?" The teacher asks.

"i am not sure if I would be able to control myself from using magic, you know. It allways was a problem of mine."

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Oh, well, sometimes, when I don't get what I want, random magic expllodes out of me."

I know Zuko can feel my lie, but I dont say anything.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken