z

Young Writers Society

Kunoichi (Ayumi and Emi)

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:11 am
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi read through the files, taking her time.

First was a pretty kunoichi. Haruki Tensho was the Genin Iruka had told her about, encouraging patience and compassion with. She had scored low in taijutsu and weapony - for her constant fleeing from battle - but could use powerful genjutsus; her chakra control was unbelievable! Her ninjutsus were average. She had the makings of a little genius, just based on her academics, but there were some negative notes on her personality: she cried a lot.

Taiki Kentari would be her ninjutsu star; of the three, his scores in ninjutsu were the highest. It looked as though he didn't use genjutsu at all, despite a stable, average chakra control level. And his taijutsu would need work... But first to address his motivation and awkward sociality, according to the teachers.

Finally, there was Chiro Yaguri, apparently the most energetic and fight-happy kid in the Academy. He was brilliant in his taijutsu and weaponry, and among the more average in everything else. His academics were poor, and his discipline poorer... Iruka himself had written that the kid was out of control and clumsy as all get out. She scoffed; just what she needed. A clumsy clown.

This trio would be interesting, that was certain...

And speak of the devil. Ayumi looked up as the three genins passed through the gates, the boys laughing and wrestling with Haruki trailing behind, looking at the scenery.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:03 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi placed the files on a tree limb and checked her watch. A few minutes until her new students were to be here. That is, if they were punctual.

The sounds of voices came from the maint path that led out of the training area.

"I wonder who our teacher is." A girl's voice said. Naoko.

"I heard there was a teacher that had a test that no one ever passed." A boy's voice, this time. Probably Akio. Jinrou was the quiet type, so he wouldn't have such a projecting voice.

"Yeah, but a squad passed it this past year." Naoko informed Akio. The group appeared around the bend in the path. Naoko was walking a little ahead of Akio, and Jinrou was tailing behind them both.

Naoko wore a dark green tank with black cargo capris. Her long, dark-red hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her headband was tied around her forehead, her bangs falling over the top of it. Akio wore a deep red t-shirt, lined with grey, and black pants. His spiky black hair was short, and his headband was worn like a belt. Jinrou wore a black hoodie, the hood up so a constant shadow fell on his face, and dark brown pants.

Emi waited as the trio came closer. "Welcome. I'm Emi Sukotto, and I'll be taking over your training from now on."

Naoko stared open-mouthed. "You're the Third Hokage's daughter!" She said enthusiastically. "Oh, this is great! I never dreamed I'd have you as my sensei!"

"The Third's daughter?" Akio looked at Emi. "Really?"

"Of course she is!" Naoko scolded him. "His eldest daughter. She's a Special Jounin and the Leaf's greatest ambassador!"

Naoko's academics and village-knowledge were indeed remarkable. Emi just smiled. "Why don't you three introduce yourselves?"

Naoko stood straight. "I'm Naoko Hitsumaji."

"I'm Akio Kirotaka!" Akio proclaimed, stepping forward and clenching his fist.

"Jinrou Katamashi." It was barely more than a mumble.

"So what's our first test, Sensei?" Naoko asked.

Emi pulled out her bells. "All you need to do is get these bells from me. Simple as that."

"That's it?" Akio asked, looking at the bells like they were a strange bug.

"That's it. If you can get these from me by nightfall, you can have dinner. If not, you all go hungry."

"But I didn't eat lunch!" Akio cried.

"We weren't supposed to, idiot. It's all part of the test." Naoko said.

"We will begin when I say 'go'." Emi tied the bells to her belt loop. "Ready?"

The Genin tensed.

"Go."
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

164 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:17 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi watched them make themselves comfortable in the sitting area. Apparently, and not unexpectedly, they had failed to notice her. Don't forget; they are only Genins.

She shifted, getting onto her toes and leaping out of the tree's concealing limbs. She landed in the center of the clearing, in plain sight. The three children started, eying her carefully as she stood up and pat dust off her leg.

"Nice of you to join me," she said. "First things first, introductions. I'll start: I am Ayumi Gosu, Special Jounin and your sensei. I am..." she hesitated; should she tell them she's new to all this? Probably not... "thoroughly delighted to meet you."

The girl smiled, a very sweet smile. "I'm Haruki Tensho." The crier who performed good Genjutsu...

The tallest and thinnest of the three, a boy with dyed-black hair, lifted his chin. "Taiki Kentari." The awkward Ninjutsuist...

And finally, there was the most average looking kid she'd ever seen. He wasn't too tall, and his weight was perfect for his size. He looked like he might have played too many sports during his years at the Academy. "And I'm Chiro Yaguri! The best ninja you'll ever meet!"

She bit back a laugh. We'll see about that... "Great. Let's get started then, shall we? Follow me."

She turned and led them toward the beginning of the course. She smiled once her back was turned to them; with this bunch...she would thoroughly enjoy this. She could already tell.

***Guess where all we are going for marching band season: Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, South Carolina, Florida (MIAMI, almost!), and Tennessee (NASHVILLE, almost!)!!!
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:44 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

***With The Sound of the South? That rules!***

The Genin scattered to the winds immediately. Two hid, but Akio twisted mid-air and threw several shuriken at Emi. She stepped out of their path easily. His throwing arm was nice, but it was still slow to a Jounin. He landed and darted forward but then turned suddenly and disappeared. Emi frowned. Interesting maneuver, but where was he going with it?

Just then several kunai flew from a nearby tree and almost hit Emi. She managed to dodge them. She saw a shadow with long hair dart from tree to tree as storms of weapons flew from the limbs. Naoko using her long range abilities. Emi soon found a rhythm in Naoko's attacks and began dodging them with almost relaxed ease. She'd have to teach them to keep their attacks as random as possible without losing control of the situation.

Then, three Akios appearedand engaged Emi in close taijutsu. The movements were good for a Genin, but slow to a Jounin, just like his ninjutsu. All predictable behavior with these three. Jinrou had chosen to wait in the shadows while the other two engaged. Emi wondered what he had in mind. It was fun deciphering their personalities and behaviors.

Emi easily beat the clones and sent Akio flying without exerting any effort. Akio got back on his face and rushed Emi, again, but, all of a sudden, Akio broke off his attacks and darted back into the trees. Emi blinked. She apparently wouldn't need to teach him randomosity.

Jinrou made his move then, and made to sneak up on Emi. He was midway through a roundhouse kick when Emi caught his ankle. He kicked out with his other leg and Emi let go. He flipped into the air and disappeared back into the trees. He wasn't persistent. He could have done more than a simple kick. At this rate, none of them will have even come within an inch of the bells by nightfall.

It's still early. Emi thought as Naoko let loose another maelstrom of weapons.

164 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi led them to the first obstacle: the high wall. She would forego the simpler ones that could be passed solo. Establishing a strong sense of teamwork was her first goal. This obstacle was eight feet or so tall with a sheer vertical climbing wall, a two-foot-wide platform at the peak, and a back slope leading down to the ground. Ayumi held out one hand, gesturing for them to stop, and broke into a short, brisk run. When she reached the wall, she leapt against it, using her momentum to carry her the rest of the way up; she stepped up onto the ledge and turned around, facing the Genin.

"This is the high wall," she explained. "As a ninja, you will climb many sheer faces, most of them a hundred times taller and more treacherous." She knelt and slapped the wall with her palm. "This is just a starting point.

"Now, the goal is to get all three of your people up onto this platform, and then down the more gradual slope that's behind me. However...you cannot use any chakra - meaning no jutsus of any kind or physical braces and enhancements - and if one of you falls, the whole squad has to start over. From the beginning. Understand?"

The Genin nodded, but she could tell they were a little disappointed, even intrigued, by her ideas of training.

As if on cue, Chiro shook his frizzy red hair and opened his mouth; doubt riddled his tone. "What's the whole meaning of this, then, if we can't use our chakra?"

Ayumi just smiled. "I'll give you a hint, but nothing more. It's something all three of you must share, for without this something, you will fail every time."

She hopped down off the platform and stepped away from the obstacle; she found a place out of the way and leaned back, relaxing and watching. The Genin tentatively approached the wall; just judging by their distant attitudes toward each other, she knew she would be here for a while.

28 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:24 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

The sky had now turned into shades of purple, red, and orange and the sun had long disappeared the treetops. Emi hadn't broken a sweat the entire afternoon. As she stood watching her pupils trying to catch their breath, she felt slightly amused at them.

"None of you have managed to even get within six inches of the bells." Emi said, crossing her arms.

"If Akio hadn't kept getting in the way." Naoko breathed.

"Me? You kept wasting weapons and keeping me from attacking." Akio retorted.

Jinrou said nothing and Emi shook her head. "You're missing the point of this whole exercise." They looked up at her. "Think about today. From being put on squads, to this test." They were quiet for a moment, but the confused looks on their faces didn't disappear. Emi sighed. "Why do you suppose you were put on squads?"

Naoko went to say something but stopped and looked like she was calling herself an idiot inside her mind. Jinrou was as expressionless as ever, but Akio still looked confused.

"Teamwork," Naoko finally mumbled. "We were put on squads so that we could learn to work as a team."

"Exactly. And what about this exercise?" Unfortunately, Naoko didn't answer. Emi dropped her arms. "It's the same concept. Teamwork. It's the number one thing to have as ninja of the Leaf. Without it, you wouldn't survive as a ninja. You have to work well in a team." She held up the bells. "Coming against me on your own did what? Nothing but wear you out. Suppose, though, that Naoko had kept up her attacks from the trees, and coordinated them with Akio's taijutsu attacks. That would have left me too busy to notice Jinrou's sneak attack from behind. You three might have suceeded in getting the bells from me if you had worked together."

"But there are only two bells and three of us." Akio said.

"True, but there is only one team." Emi pointed out.

"Oh," Akio said. "That makes sense. So we'd all get two dinners, since there are two bells."

Emi just smiled and shook her head. They're Genin, she reminded herself.

164 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Neither am I. :lol: ***

Ayumi looked up; the sky was turning into a rainbow of color as the sun began to set. They were still on the same obstacle - every attempt the group had made had been futile; the boys insisted to work alone, and Haruki was too timid and thoughtful to even make her own attempt.

She restrained an amused snort as the boys collided headfirst, both of them attempting to duplicate her running start to the peak. Not that they hadn't already tried that numerous times over the past six hours... Just like before, they both fell to the ground, back into the mud.

"Gah! Damn it!" Chiro shouted, kicking the wall in frustration. "If you hadn't been in the way!"

"If you'd just listen to my idea - "

They got in each other's faces, shouting so loud that they drowned each other out. Haruki watched them, eyes beginning to water. "Guys. Please, stop..."

"Shut up!" they turned on her. Instantly, the poor girl began to cry.

Ayumi growled, frowning. She pushed away from the tree and, in a flash, had both boys by the backs of the necks, faces pressed against the ground and her knee in each back. "That. Is. Enough." She sighed, looking up at Haruki; the girl had dropped to her knees, face in her hands as she sobbed.

"Is it really that hard to understand?" Ayumi hissed. "The instructions were simple - get to the top of the wall. I even gave you a hint as to what to do, which would have guaranteed you success! But no. Chiro!"

He looked up at her, teeth clenched and eyes wild in anger. "You had to be a showoff and attempt this on your own. You didn't even stop to consider how Taiki's strengths could assist you, or how you could assist Haruki, the only girl!"

She turned on Taiki, who only swallowed and stared at the ground. "Taiki, you try to be original and outperform the others. You tell everyone to listen to you, that you know everything about it, when you're as clueless as the others. Maybe even more so!"

She lifted her gaze to Haruki, trying to drop her tone to a more controlled level. It was amazing; the first day in training, and she had lost her temper. "Haruki, you're too timid, too dependent. You're a girl, yes, but what am I? A girl. Your input matters just as much as these two's. Don't be afraid to step up, or you will get killed in battle."

Ayumi stood up, freeing the two boys. Both of them rose hesitantly to a sitting position. "You all have your areas of strength and weakness. That's why you were put on a team, to balance those odds. This obstacle, and the ones after it - all you need to succeed is teamwork!" She went back to the tree and leaned back. "Try one more time."

28 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:21 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

The Genin scarfed down there dinner like starved wolves. Emi just watched in amusement, rubbing her sore arm. After she pointed out the main point of the test, they got to it instantly.

They'd pretty much done what she'd suggested, Naoko and Akio complementing each other's attacks while Jinrou got the bells. It was when Emi had tried to get rid of Jinrou that Akio had nailed her in the arm with a hard kick. Nothing to painful, but it had left a small bruise. It had been Akio who had gotten the bells. He'd twisted from the kick and snatched the bells. Emi had gone easy on them, she figured if they succeeded while working together, they'd see that it was better than solo. Now, Emi needed to teach them how to think as team for themselves. They could have been a little more original about their approach, instead of using the example plan Emi had given them. But they were now a little more friendly towards each other. Even Jinrou had spoken some.

"Thank you for the food, Emi-sensei," Naoko said as she finished her meal. Emi had bought them all dinner when they'd gotten the bells from her. "May I ask when our first mission will be?"

"We'll be meeting with the Council tomorrow." Emi held up a finger towards the trio. "But don't think up anything extravagant. We'll be doing D-rank missions, like carrying groceries and finding lost objects or pets."

"That's boring!" Akio complained. "I heard Naruto and his squad went on several A-rank missions."

"That was all by accident!" Naoko chided him. "They weren't intentinally sent on A-rank mission, idiot! They were supposed to be D-rank and C-rank missions."

Boy, these Genin were gossip mongers. "Don't hope to ever be on a mission like that. Naruto and the others were lucky to come home alive. It was their sensei, Kakashi that got them back safely." Emi explained.

"So you can make sure we get back safe!" Akio proclaimed.

Emi just shook her head, fighting back a smile, but it turned into a frown as she remembered some of the foes she'd faced. "You must remember, Akio, that there are ninja out there stronger than myself. I may not be able to protect you, so we need to stick to simple tasks until you're able to effectively protect yourselves."

Akio huffed and crossed his arms. "I guess so." He mumbled.

164 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:22 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

They were silent for a while; the Genin seemed afraid to move or make a sound, probably because of Ayumi's temper... She sighed, and opened her mouth to speak -

Chiro stood, slapping dirt from his pants. "Well, then, let's do it. We don't have all night." He turned to Taiki. "You have any weapons on you?"

Taiki swallowed, and looked at Ayumi. He didn't have to say a word; she could tell by his expression he was asking for her permission. She smiled crookedly and shrugged. "I never told you you couldn't, now did I?"

Taiki smiled back, and nodded. He rose quickly to his feet and pulled out a handful each of kunai and shuriken. "What do you need? And what are you planning?"

He froze. "...I don't know."

Haruki sniffled, and tentatively stood up. "You could use the weapons as footholds... The wall is made of wood, so the metal would anchor right into it..."

The boy's face lit up faster than lightning. "Perfect idea!" Ayumi smiled, nodding her head at the girl. She wouldn't admit she'd thought the same thing.

Chiro took one weapon at a time, throwing it as though it were an art. Each blade pierced the wood and held fast, most of the blade driven through the planks. Ayumi noticed that he threw them in a pattern; each weapon was two feet higher than the last, and a foot either to the right or the left. He had made a makeshift ladder. She smiled.

"Uh...ladies first," Taiki stammered, holding out a hand to Haruki. She took it after a moment and walked with him to the wall. She reached up and grabbed a kunai's hilt as she stepped on another, beginning the climb up the wall. Taiki held her by the waist, steadying her, until she was out of reach. He followed as soon as she was on the platform. Last came Chiro, scaling the wall like a cat climbing a tree. All three Genin stood on the platform, staring at the slope on the back side. It was nothing more than a simulated roof, complete with tiles and all. They were down it and celebrating on the ground before Ayumi could even blink.

She smiled at them as they quietened. Their smiling faces were priceless; they looked as though they had conquered the world.

"So, what did you learn?" she asked.

"We have to help each other if we're going to win," Chiro shouted, doing some kind of funky, cheesy victory dance.

"Yeah...what he said," Taiki mumbled, putting his hands in his pockets.

Haruki nodded. Thank God she wasn't crying...

"Good job. But before I treat you to dinner, what's this called?"

Their unified shout deafened her. "Teamwork!"

28 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Akio was eating like there was no tomorrow. He'd already eaten three days worth of food, and was busy with the fourth. Emi was going to stop him if he went for anymore.

"Jeez, Akio. You couldn't have been that hungry." Naoko complained.

"He's eating like all food will disappear tomorrow." Jinrou said in that quiet voice of his.

The sound of footsteps brought Emi's head aroun to the restaurant entrance. Ayumi and her Genin walked in.

"Hello Ayumi." Emi said, motioning her sister over to her group's table. " So you've finished? How's your squad doing?"

164 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:19 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi chuckled as she sat down beside Emi, gesturing for the Genin to order something. Chiro and Taiki caught each other's gazes and immediately buried their noses in the menus, apparently trying to see who could order the most first. She shook her head, laughing at them.

"One obstacle," she said in disbelief. "But they finally caught on to the teamwork concept - with a little help. I actually had to pull a Kakashi on them!"

Emi cocked an eyebrow. "'A Kakashi'?"

"You know. Slam their faces in the ground and tell them bluntly." She shook her head, scoffing. "But they finally got it; now we're just working out the finer details of it." She ordered a glass of green tea. "What about you? How'd things go with your squad?"

28 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:09 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi sighed. "We've got alot of work to do, that's for sure. Couldn't grasp it until I spelled it out for them. I suppose I'll need to teach them some creativity and originality. They used my own example against me." Emi leaned close to Ayumi and whispered. "I had to go extremely easy on them and let them have the bells."

"You've got alot of work." Ayumi smiled.

"Tell me about it." Emi sighed.

The group finished their meals and left. Emi and her team were busy the following weeks with what felt like chores for Emi. Carrying groceries, weeding gardens, finding lost pets and children. Emi had to remind herself that it was all part of building the team's bond with each other.

It wasn't until almost two weeks later that the council gave them a C-rank mission out of the village.

"It's a simple check up on some of the outposts stationed in Grass Country." Emi explained to her team. "We'll be going with Ayumi's team."

"Finally!" Akio proclaimed. "No more D-rank missions. So are the outposts under attack? Will we be in some major battle?"

"Don't be stupid, Akio. We're just going there, getting a report, and delivering it back to the council." Naoko said. "You really should use your brain sometime."

"Naoko's right," Jinrou said, his voice still quiet. "This is a C-rank mission. We probably won't even get to fight off wild animals."

"When will we get to do some real fighting?" Akio whined.

"It'll probably be a while before we see any action." Naoko mused. "We probably won't get B-rank missions until we've passed the Chuunin exams, and we may never see an A-rank."

"Let's just focus on training," Emi said. "The sooner you get stronger, the sooner you'll get better missions." Akio's eyes gleamed and Naoko nodded. Jinrou merely shifted his pack. The team soon had the Village gate in sight and approached the open arch.

164 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

The past two weeks had been long...and testy. When they weren't walking dogs, helping old ladies with groceries and gardens, or picking up trash at the school, they were training. Of course, she would give them breaks between sessions, but then it was right back to business.

At least some good had come of it; their sense of teamwork was stronger, there were less arguments, and their physique had improved. They could now fly through the high wall, the reverse climb, and the a-frame. She knew which one she wanted them to tackle next: the wall-less tower, standing five stories high.

That was, until they got the mission.

"We're going to some outposts in the Hidden Grass village," Ayumi told them. "It's going to be a very simple, almost relay mission."

"Will we get to fight?" Chiro asked, hopeful. Haruki whimpered.

Ayumi touched the girl on the shoulder. "No. This is a c-rank mission. You don't get to fight until you start getting b-rank missions, which are for Chuunins. And, not to be a downer, you guys still have a long way to go."

They frowned; Chiro just looked pitiful with his disappointed pout.

"Cheer up, though. We're going with Emi's squad."

Instantly, they perked up. Over the last two weeks, the six Genin had bonded from their senseis' association. Just hearing the words "Emi's squad" brought light to their eyes.

Ayumi laughed at them, and started walking toward the village gate. "Quit spazzing and come on!"

28 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

It took only about a minute for Ayumi and her team to arrive.

"You guys ready to go?" Emi asked.

"Definitely." Akio said.

"Yeah, we're ready." Ayumi replied.

"Well, then, let's move." The group turned and walked out of the village. "So how does it feel? Doing D-rank missions again?" Emi asked Ayumi as their teams mingled in front of them.

"Almost like torture." Ayumi sighed. "It'll be great when they get strong enough to at least do some upper scale C-ranks."

Emi smirked. "I actually kinda liked it, but I'd get tired of it in a hurry. If this mission hadn't come up, I think I'd be whistling a different tune." Emi checked to see if the Genin were paying attention, she wasn't supposed to let the information slip, but it was Ayumi. She could trust her with the info. She leaned towards Ayumi. "Did you hear who the new Hokage is?"
Last edited by EmiSukotto16 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

164 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Don't you mean D-rank missions? You said A-rank... :lol: But how I'd love THAT! :lol: ***

Ayumi smiled, also glancing at the Genin. "Tsunade. I knew it would happen, with her being one of Sarutobi's little prodigies, and the only one who's not mentally insane or a total pervert who writes awesome books."

Emi nodded. "You got that right. She's supposed to arrive within the week; hopefully we'll be back in time to greet her."

Ayumi nodded as well. At least the Village was on its feet again. At least they had another Kage. At last, they wouldn't have to fear another attack...

Which reminded her: she had unfinished business with Itachi. She dropped her gaze for a moment, brooding on how she longed to fight him again - and to win. Which, next time, she would. She sighed...there was no time for it now. Maybe after the Chuunin exams, after they graduated to another sensei...

"Ayumi?" Emi asked, touching her on the back of the shoulder.

Ayumi looked up. "I was just thinking. About Itachi."

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster